- Homelessness growing with women?
- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Protest of shooting at Kings Cross
About 50 people have yelled abuse at police outside NSW parliament in protest at the shooting of two youths at Kings Cross. Officers opened fire on a car allegedly stolen and driven in the nightclub district on Saturday morning after the 14-year-old mounted the kerb and hit two pedestrians.
The Two Murrays spoke with Robin Napper, a Forensic Crime Investigator and former NSW Police Officer to look at what motivates people to commit such violent crimes.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
I support the police 100% and I think any normal child & adult would agree with that. The rest that appose are either criminals or junkies.
Oh and regarding the Police officer who was stabbed with a screw driver in Mt. Druitt, well the officer should have pulled out his gun and shot him him too!! I'm so sick to death of these pretend gangsters who team up at nights creating heel on earth. It's time the police walked right into the very bed that you sleep on THAT WE PAY FOR! walk into your room and beat the sh@! out of you and throw you in jail. I don't care how old you are.
Law is the law and it was designed to protect the inncocent.Ricky Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 4:42 PM
Why wouldn't these "protesters" protest against the criminals that tried to kill the pedestrians? What a Lovely lot!David T. Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 4:33 PM
What the hell?
What were the police meant to do, allow these idiots to mow everyone down in their stolen car?
The supposed innocent kid who was shot, has had 500 altercations with the police previously. YES 500!
He is NO sweet innocent little boy, but a hardnosed streetwise criminal, likewise his mates.
What the hell were these boys doing at 4am, driving a stolen car in Kings Cross?
Where the hell are their families & what responsibility do they bloody take?
Would it have been BETTER for the bleeding hearts, if these little shits had killed the INNOCENT pedestrian captured under the car after these idiots had mounted the footpath & also quite possibly killed many others in the crowd?
The police act to protect the public & put their lives on the line & need our support, NOT condemnation.
They had to react in a split second to prevent an absolute carnage occurring by the idiots in the car.
Who knows what they were ON, Ratsack, Bleach concoctions or any number of drugs & alcohol.
Being a parent you have responsibilities & your children need to be taught about respect & their own responsibilities & about consequences.
This is NOT about roughing up aboriginals, or little kids stealing an apple of the neighbours tree, but serious criminal behaviour by 14 to 24 year olds that were out of control, that were prepared to do anything.
The boys in that car AND their useless parents should have the book thrown at them, certainly NOT the dam police.Another Proud Aussie Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 3:58 PM
I don't care if Jesus was driving the car... you want to kill innocent people - then be prepared to be killed.bobby Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 3:50 PM
I believe the good police may very well of saved the lives of quite a few innocent people. The rest is elementary! I say well done to these "active police" involved here, keep up your good work, we are behind you all the way. In the past I have rightly criticized our soft, invisible policing, however, regrettably, evidently our embattled police are damned if they do and damned if they don't! Lets get behind those active police and get our Sydney streets back and the lost respect for the current frightened "police force".Claudette Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 3:48 PM