- Why do we have tongue twisters?
- Health system needs a checkup?
- Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela
- Mandela was a giant, and a man!
- Nelson Mandela changed the era
- Sydney 500: Mark Skaife on 2UE
- Tributes flow for Nelson Mandela
- Would you pay $580 for the Stones?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ricky on Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela When he was in prison i protested outside south africa house in London.GREAT MAN.All politicians should learn from him.RIP ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Lingerie football: is it sexist? I may become a convert to league if my wife lets me!I'm not into watching men play with each other. more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? @ ahmed, are you are part of the misinformation society, haven't you been listening to the court reports on the radio about ... more
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
- Jonathon L Benson on ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy This, in my professional view, is the beginning of the end of the utterly hopeless O'Farrell government in NSW. Just ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? @Lis posting here - you are absolutely correct. I clearly recall a joker in the 1990's who was knocked back for entry into ... more
- Samuel J on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? @Craig - absolutely correct. The abject, disgraceful rotten mess that Gillard and Rudd the Dudd left the new Coalition ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? This reported outcome says a lot in regard to policies and practice pertaining to teacher selection, education, training and ... more
- James W on Aussie students are falling behind? A child's most important teacher/s are it's parents. more
- Jester4212 on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @Bikinis. Riding against the traffic is without a doubt the worst idea and will definitely contribute to more fatalities. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? Another fine mess Australian kids are in! more
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
- Peter on Aussie students are falling behind? Doesn't matter how much money you throw at the education system! The student will only be as good as the teacher,teaching ... more
- Jester4212 on Handbook for men on women? This book sounds disgustingly stereotypical for both sexes. I really don't think this lady has a clue. more
Railcorp to axe up to 700 jobs
Almost 700 jobs are being axed from Railcorp under reforms which should also mean less weekend track work. Two Murrays look at Transport Minister Gladys Berejiklian plans for the Fixing the Trains reform program.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The restructure of the network's maintenance operations will mean smaller depots will close down, with operations relocated to larger centres.
NSW currently has more than 200 depots, which compares to just eight in Victoria.
Ms Berejiklian denied that safety would be compromised by the cuts, which she said were necessary to improve efficiency.
The State Government has announced 450 job cuts in rail maintenance, while 250 will go when Railcorp is split into two agencies next year.
That's on top of 750 redundancies announced in May - but the Government says it's not reducing numbers of train-drivers, guards, or station staff.
Alex Claasens from the Rail Union says passengers will still suffer.
Teachers, parents and communities are coming together to protest cuts to the education budget. Jason Morrison discusses public education and why so many thousands are angry more isn't being done.
Where have all the Australian television viewers gone? What happened to the 2.5 million people tuning in? Ian Dicko Dickson looks at the state of our TV programmes and the changes in the new digital era.
I think Aunty Gladys has been watching to much Chugington. In the show the trains run themselves and even operate the crossovers on their own. The entire railway seems to only have 2 employees. This appears to be her dream.bob Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 8:13 PM
The unions need not worry about these lazy 700 job losses, they won't be missed. Global warmer, carbon dioxide taxer 'leading the world' Labor-Juliar have got 'millions of clean and green jobs' for those union boys, check it out suckers...the diabolical global warming unions all vigorously backed Labor's fraudulent CO2 tax, well now the pecking roosters are coming home to roost, no money, no honey,,,Juliar's carbon dioxide tax is a scam and the stupid green unionists love it...JULIARR Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:43 PM
Yes. About time the RailCorp self serving bureaucracy came under the chop. I have witnessed serious over staffing in this utterly useless organisation over the past 40 years. All over indulgence at the hands of the left of left wing Railway Union and the utterly useless labor party bastards that sang their tunes. 16 years they pandered to these union... Congrats to Gladys Veragickulan or whatever the spelling of her name is!Luigi T Cassimatis B.Ec Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:12 PM