- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O’Farrell the man
- Mike Baird set to become Premier
- Have you lost faith in politicians?
- Royal family’s affection for Australia?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
Railcorp to axe up to 700 jobs
Almost 700 jobs are being axed from Railcorp under reforms which should also mean less weekend track work. Two Murrays look at Transport Minister Gladys Berejiklian plans for the Fixing the Trains reform program.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The restructure of the network's maintenance operations will mean smaller depots will close down, with operations relocated to larger centres.
NSW currently has more than 200 depots, which compares to just eight in Victoria.
Ms Berejiklian denied that safety would be compromised by the cuts, which she said were necessary to improve efficiency.
The State Government has announced 450 job cuts in rail maintenance, while 250 will go when Railcorp is split into two agencies next year.
That's on top of 750 redundancies announced in May - but the Government says it's not reducing numbers of train-drivers, guards, or station staff.
Alex Claasens from the Rail Union says passengers will still suffer.
Teachers, parents and communities are coming together to protest cuts to the education budget. Jason Morrison discusses public education and why so many thousands are angry more isn't being done.
Where have all the Australian television viewers gone? What happened to the 2.5 million people tuning in? Ian Dicko Dickson looks at the state of our TV programmes and the changes in the new digital era.
I think Aunty Gladys has been watching to much Chugington. In the show the trains run themselves and even operate the crossovers on their own. The entire railway seems to only have 2 employees. This appears to be her dream.bob Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 8:13 PM
The unions need not worry about these lazy 700 job losses, they won't be missed. Global warmer, carbon dioxide taxer 'leading the world' Labor-Juliar have got 'millions of clean and green jobs' for those union boys, check it out suckers...the diabolical global warming unions all vigorously backed Labor's fraudulent CO2 tax, well now the pecking roosters are coming home to roost, no money, no honey,,,Juliar's carbon dioxide tax is a scam and the stupid green unionists love it...JULIARR Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:43 PM
Yes. About time the RailCorp self serving bureaucracy came under the chop. I have witnessed serious over staffing in this utterly useless organisation over the past 40 years. All over indulgence at the hands of the left of left wing Railway Union and the utterly useless labor party bastards that sang their tunes. 16 years they pandered to these union... Congrats to Gladys Veragickulan or whatever the spelling of her name is!Luigi T Cassimatis B.Ec Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:12 PM