- Home sold by real estate fraudsters
- A week of horror over flight MH17
- Time for serious debate on euthanasia
- Bus crash kills one injures dozens
- Sydney median house price: $800,000
- Treatment for back pain a placebo
- Downward spiral of dealing drugs
- Abbott copping Senate body blows
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- stevo on Time for serious debate on euthanasia Legalise Euthanasia for those with 6 months to live if doctors and family want.My dad asked to be given and injection as he ... more
- Kimber on MH17: the long journey home A heartfelt thank you to the Netherlands in appreciation for finally giving some dignity to the victims of flight MH17. more
- Greta on New Times for Weekend Shows Fantastic to hear Tim coming on earlier - love his show, has interesting segments, would love to hear more of the gardening ... more
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
Railcorp to axe up to 700 jobs
Almost 700 jobs are being axed from Railcorp under reforms which should also mean less weekend track work. Two Murrays look at Transport Minister Gladys Berejiklian plans for the Fixing the Trains reform program.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The restructure of the network's maintenance operations will mean smaller depots will close down, with operations relocated to larger centres.
NSW currently has more than 200 depots, which compares to just eight in Victoria.
Ms Berejiklian denied that safety would be compromised by the cuts, which she said were necessary to improve efficiency.
The State Government has announced 450 job cuts in rail maintenance, while 250 will go when Railcorp is split into two agencies next year.
That's on top of 750 redundancies announced in May - but the Government says it's not reducing numbers of train-drivers, guards, or station staff.
Alex Claasens from the Rail Union says passengers will still suffer.
Teachers, parents and communities are coming together to protest cuts to the education budget. Jason Morrison discusses public education and why so many thousands are angry more isn't being done.
Where have all the Australian television viewers gone? What happened to the 2.5 million people tuning in? Ian Dicko Dickson looks at the state of our TV programmes and the changes in the new digital era.
I think Aunty Gladys has been watching to much Chugington. In the show the trains run themselves and even operate the crossovers on their own. The entire railway seems to only have 2 employees. This appears to be her dream.bob Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 8:13 PM
The unions need not worry about these lazy 700 job losses, they won't be missed. Global warmer, carbon dioxide taxer 'leading the world' Labor-Juliar have got 'millions of clean and green jobs' for those union boys, check it out suckers...the diabolical global warming unions all vigorously backed Labor's fraudulent CO2 tax, well now the pecking roosters are coming home to roost, no money, no honey,,,Juliar's carbon dioxide tax is a scam and the stupid green unionists love it...JULIARR Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:43 PM
Yes. About time the RailCorp self serving bureaucracy came under the chop. I have witnessed serious over staffing in this utterly useless organisation over the past 40 years. All over indulgence at the hands of the left of left wing Railway Union and the utterly useless labor party bastards that sang their tunes. 16 years they pandered to these union... Congrats to Gladys Veragickulan or whatever the spelling of her name is!Luigi T Cassimatis B.Ec Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:12 PM