- Anzac Day: who do you remember?
- Royal tour: what it meant for us?
- Anzac Day: Lest We Forget
- Father hugs man who killed daughter
- Anzac Day two-up: where to play?
- Time for Charles to be King?
- Why are pensioners in the pinch?
- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Vivienne on Time for Charles to be King? Why is there this continual speculation about the queen "stepping down"? Would there be the same if she were a king instead? ... more
- Cleangirl on Time for Charles to be King? We all know Charles is a dill, the Queen should bypass him for William. more
- Tangled Web on Why are pensioners in the pinch? Well that blatant hypocrite, no "heavy lifting" for big Joe Hockey, him and Tony Abbott need to look in the mirror. Big Joe ... more
- Julie on Why are pensioners in the pinch? I heard a caller on radio today suggest that the blowout in Age Pensions is due to the increase in single age pensioners. ... more
- Greg O on Get set for a brutal budget? adriano. Back in about 2007 just before the financial crisis hit us a little and the Northern Hemisphere a lot, the rich ... more
- Bao Tran on Get set for a brutal budget? I think the government has it wrong with the medicare co-payment. Everyone should be entitled to "free" GP or emergency ... more
- Tony on Get set for a brutal budget? Better than spending what we don't have and burdening future generations with paying back Labor's drunken sailor policies! ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Get set for a brutal budget? I trust the budget of Hockey's will seriously address the utterly overstaffed Australian public service. It needs an axe ... more
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
Railcorp to axe up to 700 jobs
Almost 700 jobs are being axed from Railcorp under reforms which should also mean less weekend track work. Two Murrays look at Transport Minister Gladys Berejiklian plans for the Fixing the Trains reform program.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The restructure of the network's maintenance operations will mean smaller depots will close down, with operations relocated to larger centres.
NSW currently has more than 200 depots, which compares to just eight in Victoria.
Ms Berejiklian denied that safety would be compromised by the cuts, which she said were necessary to improve efficiency.
The State Government has announced 450 job cuts in rail maintenance, while 250 will go when Railcorp is split into two agencies next year.
That's on top of 750 redundancies announced in May - but the Government says it's not reducing numbers of train-drivers, guards, or station staff.
Alex Claasens from the Rail Union says passengers will still suffer.
Teachers, parents and communities are coming together to protest cuts to the education budget. Jason Morrison discusses public education and why so many thousands are angry more isn't being done.
Where have all the Australian television viewers gone? What happened to the 2.5 million people tuning in? Ian Dicko Dickson looks at the state of our TV programmes and the changes in the new digital era.
I think Aunty Gladys has been watching to much Chugington. In the show the trains run themselves and even operate the crossovers on their own. The entire railway seems to only have 2 employees. This appears to be her dream.bob Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 8:13 PM
The unions need not worry about these lazy 700 job losses, they won't be missed. Global warmer, carbon dioxide taxer 'leading the world' Labor-Juliar have got 'millions of clean and green jobs' for those union boys, check it out suckers...the diabolical global warming unions all vigorously backed Labor's fraudulent CO2 tax, well now the pecking roosters are coming home to roost, no money, no honey,,,Juliar's carbon dioxide tax is a scam and the stupid green unionists love it...JULIARR Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:43 PM
Yes. About time the RailCorp self serving bureaucracy came under the chop. I have witnessed serious over staffing in this utterly useless organisation over the past 40 years. All over indulgence at the hands of the left of left wing Railway Union and the utterly useless labor party bastards that sang their tunes. 16 years they pandered to these union... Congrats to Gladys Veragickulan or whatever the spelling of her name is!Luigi T Cassimatis B.Ec Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:12 PM