- Not in the name of religion
- Claims of retaliation in Sydney traffic
- Do we need seats for indigenous MPs
- Revealed: Operation Pendennis
- Overcoming fear in our suburbs
- Sydney's Favourite Teacher 2014
- Council sister city costs questioned
- 12 secrets to a happy marriage
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
Railcorp to axe up to 700 jobs
Almost 700 jobs are being axed from Railcorp under reforms which should also mean less weekend track work. Two Murrays look at Transport Minister Gladys Berejiklian plans for the Fixing the Trains reform program.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The restructure of the network's maintenance operations will mean smaller depots will close down, with operations relocated to larger centres.
NSW currently has more than 200 depots, which compares to just eight in Victoria.
Ms Berejiklian denied that safety would be compromised by the cuts, which she said were necessary to improve efficiency.
The State Government has announced 450 job cuts in rail maintenance, while 250 will go when Railcorp is split into two agencies next year.
That's on top of 750 redundancies announced in May - but the Government says it's not reducing numbers of train-drivers, guards, or station staff.
Alex Claasens from the Rail Union says passengers will still suffer.
Teachers, parents and communities are coming together to protest cuts to the education budget. Jason Morrison discusses public education and why so many thousands are angry more isn't being done.
Where have all the Australian television viewers gone? What happened to the 2.5 million people tuning in? Ian Dicko Dickson looks at the state of our TV programmes and the changes in the new digital era.
I think Aunty Gladys has been watching to much Chugington. In the show the trains run themselves and even operate the crossovers on their own. The entire railway seems to only have 2 employees. This appears to be her dream.bob Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 8:13 PM
The unions need not worry about these lazy 700 job losses, they won't be missed. Global warmer, carbon dioxide taxer 'leading the world' Labor-Juliar have got 'millions of clean and green jobs' for those union boys, check it out suckers...the diabolical global warming unions all vigorously backed Labor's fraudulent CO2 tax, well now the pecking roosters are coming home to roost, no money, no honey,,,Juliar's carbon dioxide tax is a scam and the stupid green unionists love it...JULIARR Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:43 PM
Yes. About time the RailCorp self serving bureaucracy came under the chop. I have witnessed serious over staffing in this utterly useless organisation over the past 40 years. All over indulgence at the hands of the left of left wing Railway Union and the utterly useless labor party bastards that sang their tunes. 16 years they pandered to these union... Congrats to Gladys Veragickulan or whatever the spelling of her name is!Luigi T Cassimatis B.Ec Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:12 PM