- Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it?
- Hike to help our Harbour
- What fairness for the average joe?
- Koala saved using CPR
- Your cash just a fingertip scan away?
- Mitchell on Shorten rape allegations
- Bill Shorten reveals rape allegations
- Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Crisis over Palmer China comments Both Palmer and his side-kick Jaquie Lambie are utterly rank incompetent damned fools and totally unfit to be in our ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Clive Palmer drops another clanger All honest people would have to agree with Clive Palmer's rather frank, but blunt opinion and know where Clive is coming ... more
- Anthony on Clive Palmer drops another clanger Way to go Clive. I moved to Australia 8 years ago and was shocked to see Australia owns nothing! You've sold your country to ... more
- molly on Clive Palmer drops another clanger watch out Clive the anti-free speech people will get you. If china want Australia they will have to fight Islam for it. ... more
- Ben on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Why does this even make the news?Get over it. I have been rejected for age, looks, prejudice and who knows what other ... more
- Angela Coombes on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? The coffee shop owner has a right to hire an employee whom he or she feels will fit in with the business. It is no different ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? I don't think the clown Baird realises he has a State election on in about March 2015. Is he running his candidates for ... more
- Angela Coombes on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping How utterly foolhardy of this Baird joker not nominating candidates. He could have come up with two outstanding liberal ... more
- SLOPPY JOE-CANBERRA on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping What a shocking state of affairs with so many bad, self-serving politicians about...allegedly there to manage the nation? ... more
- Cleangirl on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? and how many government departments seem to be made up predominantly with a single foreign race ? more
- paulo on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? This cafe owner will be shamed into learning a lesson that racism is not accepted here! more
- Bruce on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Leave the coffee shop owner alone its hard enough making a living in the hospitality industry without have to deal with a ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? It is gutless on the part of the liberal party. Why not field new candidates and market their integrity - assuming they have ... more
- barry on Hockey backlash on poor comments Well we now see the true colours of adopted name JOE HOCKEY,has no idea of the working class struggles,indicated by his ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? Maybe we should put more bible bashers in Parliament to help root out the corrupt thugs in all the failed political parties ... more
- Samuel J on Spike in ice use across Sydney Just how do the ingredients for these drugs get out to this poor stupid forlorn drug affected knuckleheads! I am inclined to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Hockey backlash on poor comments Like the fool Wayne Swan, this Hockey joker is well past his 'Use-By" date indeed! I suggest put someone in his job who ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? All it will mean is more hung parliaments full of even more shonks, dunces, fools and clowns collectively bleeding us ... more
- Craig on Hockey backlash on poor comments These jokers born with silver spoons in their mouth, multi millionaires have NO idea.Poor people do drive most of us live ... more
- Cleangirl on Help, can you solve our traffic woes? Get pack cyclists off main roads during peak times. Surely they can do their hobby ride another time of day. and ask 4WD`s ... more
Retail: rising concerns on future
Retailers are increasingly worried about wages growth and online competition eating into their profits. Two Murrays say add to it Boxing Day opening pressures and rising rents, how do retailers survive?
Australians are spending their hard earned cash on eating out and holidays as the nation's retail sector continues to struggle.
Official data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics show that Australian retail spending rose just 0.2 per cent in February, in line with market expectations.
The ABS says tetail trade rose in the month to a seasonally adjusted $20.988 billion, compared to a downwardly revised $20.954 billion in January.
CMC chief market strategist Michael McCarthy says the result was unsurprising, given the sluggish performances seen amongst big retailers recently.
But he says consumer confidence was not as weak as suggested by the data, as there is still strong activity in other areas of the economy, notably overseas travel and restaurants and cafes.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Says you steven the liberal troll. Making up news again?Peter B Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 2:10 PM
@ Peter, did it ever occur to you maybe you should mind your own business? like the rotten labor lot sticking their big noses into businesses where it don't belong, just like the carbon tax.Steven Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 9:46 AM
I`m against sunday and public holiday trading for any shop other than essentials. Small stores cannot pay the high fees charged by centres to open on sundays and p`holidays, let alone the penalty rates, but if the big stores open, small stores suffer even more. Besides, I`d like my family home on those days, not working. Dual Income families may want it, but surely even they want time with all the family.John A Tuesday 3 April, 2012 - 8:07 PM
Did it ever occur to you Steven maybe you're in the wrong businessPeter Tuesday 3 April, 2012 - 6:59 PM
And it's only going to get worse, I own a small business and I am struggling as it is..I am now running my own business on my own. I don't even have a wage to cover my expenses, I need to rely on small profits to keep me and my business alive. This government is sh@* why are these people still running the country... get lost labor you make me sick!Steven Tuesday 3 April, 2012 - 3:19 PM