- Joe Hockey wanted tougher budget?
- Sharina Live on Stage at Sydney RSL
- HMAS Darwin: Aussie pride at sea
- Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill
- Sydney suffering too many councils
- PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin
- Bob Carr: vote vindicates Aussie seat
- Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
- GOOD GOD...JESUS on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 I saw them devils on television throwing dead humans in body bags around like bags of potatoes. Russian President Putin and ... more
Retail: rising concerns on future
Retailers are increasingly worried about wages growth and online competition eating into their profits. Two Murrays say add to it Boxing Day opening pressures and rising rents, how do retailers survive?
Australians are spending their hard earned cash on eating out and holidays as the nation's retail sector continues to struggle.
Official data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics show that Australian retail spending rose just 0.2 per cent in February, in line with market expectations.
The ABS says tetail trade rose in the month to a seasonally adjusted $20.988 billion, compared to a downwardly revised $20.954 billion in January.
CMC chief market strategist Michael McCarthy says the result was unsurprising, given the sluggish performances seen amongst big retailers recently.
But he says consumer confidence was not as weak as suggested by the data, as there is still strong activity in other areas of the economy, notably overseas travel and restaurants and cafes.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Says you steven the liberal troll. Making up news again?Peter B Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 2:10 PM
@ Peter, did it ever occur to you maybe you should mind your own business? like the rotten labor lot sticking their big noses into businesses where it don't belong, just like the carbon tax.Steven Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 9:46 AM
I`m against sunday and public holiday trading for any shop other than essentials. Small stores cannot pay the high fees charged by centres to open on sundays and p`holidays, let alone the penalty rates, but if the big stores open, small stores suffer even more. Besides, I`d like my family home on those days, not working. Dual Income families may want it, but surely even they want time with all the family.John A Tuesday 3 April, 2012 - 8:07 PM
Did it ever occur to you Steven maybe you're in the wrong businessPeter Tuesday 3 April, 2012 - 6:59 PM
And it's only going to get worse, I own a small business and I am struggling as it is..I am now running my own business on my own. I don't even have a wage to cover my expenses, I need to rely on small profits to keep me and my business alive. This government is sh@* why are these people still running the country... get lost labor you make me sick!Steven Tuesday 3 April, 2012 - 3:19 PM