- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- Canadian attack Canberra wake-up
- Horrific scenes of animal cruelty
- Love a garage sale bargain?
- Pyrmont bridge shared path dangers
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Truck crash at traffic hotspot I wish various authorities and media would stop calling these smashes involving trucks as 'accidents'. In almost every case ... more
- Tony on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM What a Tool!Lets hope one of the first things the SAS do in Iraq is to make this idiots day! more
- Realistic on The Whisper: Waste at Tafe Surprise surprise, long ago, thirty years back the Liberal NSW Education Minister Terry Metherell rightly said that TAFE was ... more
- ETERNITY... on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam Well Australia can thank Gough Whitlam and Al Grassby and indeed the Labor party for so called multicultural Sydney. more
- Laura on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
Running the rat race of renting
Sydney's crazy rental market. With so many people after the same property, John Stanley looks at how can you make a great impression on the real estate agent, beat the rest of them and make it your new home?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
whats the use in opening up more land for housing in outer sydney when our Govt. can`t or won`t build infastructure to cope with it. Then again, why do so many renters have new 4WD`s, boats and O.S holidays. Lets give them incentive to buy a home first.John A Tuesday 7 February, 2012 - 10:39 AM
The real if not the main story is the way property managers/landlords are pumping the
tight market for all it's worth. 16 months ago our 2 bedroom terrace in Camperdown which we had occupied for 4 years suddenly jumped in price 3 times over 13 months by about %26 pa. and utlimately we were given notice to vacate supposedly because the owner wanted to move back in, but within 3 days the place was back on the rental market at a staggering %30 over a 2 year period. Each time we asked for simple things to be fixed the rent went up and when suckered into the last rent hike with the promise of a new roof as it seriously leaked a new roof was installed the week we were given notice.
We are always good tenants and pay rent on time religiously and bore the rent hikes in good faith but now also being stiffed for an emergency plumbing bill over xmas where none of the agent's numbers either worked or responded. The agent simply has no intention of paying.
All the Best.matthew cooper Monday 6 February, 2012 - 7:48 PM
We are way.way behind in releasing land for not only new suburbs but new cities as well. Our politicians have about as much foresight at Judas Iscariot had. And he got his just desserts. Poor, or worse, no planning, no brains and dunces and clowns running and ruining the whole damned show! Massive change is needed in Australia like right now>!John Agius Sunday 5 February, 2012 - 9:13 PM
When State governments are following the U.N. model on local planning and infrastructure there can only be trouble where renting is concerned. The U.N. doesnt want anymore land releases they want State and Local governments around the world to "build up" not out. It works out well for the real estate agents as prices sky-rocket. The bottom line is that the U.N. is already acting in a global capacity and dictating to all western countries what we can and cant do. And of course all the commie types in all levels of government are only to willing to comply. Just ask Clover Moore and Frank Sartor.Robert Saturday 4 February, 2012 - 5:08 PM