- GST future looms at election?
- Students using performance drugs?
- Tony Abbott's Budget 2013 reply
- The Stir: Alien or a deformed child?
- Sydney rail timetable changes ahead
- Help 'Save Our Sons'
- 2UE at Matthew Pearce Public School
- Lee Kernaghan: Flying with the King
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Robert on Packer picks Barangaroo design It looks frail, theres no sense of permanence and its a bit poofy. Basically, it looks crap. more
- CARMEN on Asylum seeker cost out of control? I fully agree with Bikinis not Burkas SOLUTION to this very unwelcome problem....IT MUST BE STOPPED AT ANY ... more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Thomson to contest as independent Mentored friend and confidant of JuLia Gillard and now a so called Independent Craig Thomson is loaded with "Labor values" ... more
- Sandra M on Thomson to contest as independent He's as good as a dozen damned vacancies this joker. I trust the court hearing of the long line of charges is not delayed ... more
- Mick on Pro-Palestinian rally & traffic gridlock I have to say Paul. You made yourself look ignorant by not even letting this bloke explain. I agree with what he said and ... more
- Peter on Labor handouts uncovered in Budget It's been found, everybody knows what it is going to be used for, Simple - Quarantine it till after the election. more
- Peter on Asylum seeker cost out of control? This subject will still be on the agenda for the foreseeable future until we get somebody with the BALLS to say enough is ... more
- paulo on Pro-Palestinian rally & traffic gridlock Israel has broken more UN resolutions than any other!The USA always vetos anything against Israel.So we should all be on the ... more
- Robert on Asylum seeker cost out of control? This problem lies squarely at the feet of the labour goons and their anti-Australian agenda. If they love 'asylum seekers' ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on 5G: download a movie in a second Faster on fiber optic and no distance restrictions and no peak volume problems! more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Is Australia a fair country? The Federal Government is unfair to us fair dinkum Aussies! Muslim Colonits first Aussies last! more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Asylum seeker cost out of control? Easy solution build a Refugee camp in the middle of Western Australia, provide food, water, tents and long drops, (the same ... more
- Terrence on Pro-Palestinian rally & traffic gridlock 70 years after Palestinians were so cruelly uprooted and dispossessed from their lands to create a country for the Zionists ... more
- Terrence on Asylum seeker cost out of control? Well, you have been saying these things for months now until you have exhausted all the superlatives. The only thing you ... more
- lyndal on Palmer party: is he really serious? He is such a goose, he tried to bribe the LNP and couldnt, so he picked up his bat and ball and went mad more
- Robert on Who are Sydney's worst drivers? Part of Sydney already on its way to third world status. No surprises there. Once again thanks for nothing to all the idiots ... more
- Egon on Abbott on 2UE as Gillard legislates Don't worry the tears she is showing are only crocodile tears and are part of the ceremony more
- Keith A Tudor on Abbott on 2UE as Gillard legislates Another well performed deceitful act Jul-liar Eileen Gillard. And don't feel any sympathy for yourself you damned fool ... more
- jim on Abbott on 2UE as Gillard legislates GILLARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!The two are incompatable more
- Franco on Palmer party: is he really serious? Morrison is worried Palmer may eat into Abutt's big business support base. more
Running the rat race of renting
Sydney's crazy rental market. With so many people after the same property, John Stanley looks at how can you make a great impression on the real estate agent, beat the rest of them and make it your new home?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
whats the use in opening up more land for housing in outer sydney when our Govt. can`t or won`t build infastructure to cope with it. Then again, why do so many renters have new 4WD`s, boats and O.S holidays. Lets give them incentive to buy a home first.John A Tuesday 7 February, 2012 - 10:39 AM
The real if not the main story is the way property managers/landlords are pumping the
tight market for all it's worth. 16 months ago our 2 bedroom terrace in Camperdown which we had occupied for 4 years suddenly jumped in price 3 times over 13 months by about %26 pa. and utlimately we were given notice to vacate supposedly because the owner wanted to move back in, but within 3 days the place was back on the rental market at a staggering %30 over a 2 year period. Each time we asked for simple things to be fixed the rent went up and when suckered into the last rent hike with the promise of a new roof as it seriously leaked a new roof was installed the week we were given notice.
We are always good tenants and pay rent on time religiously and bore the rent hikes in good faith but now also being stiffed for an emergency plumbing bill over xmas where none of the agent's numbers either worked or responded. The agent simply has no intention of paying.
All the Best.matthew cooper Monday 6 February, 2012 - 7:48 PM
We are way.way behind in releasing land for not only new suburbs but new cities as well. Our politicians have about as much foresight at Judas Iscariot had. And he got his just desserts. Poor, or worse, no planning, no brains and dunces and clowns running and ruining the whole damned show! Massive change is needed in Australia like right now>!John Agius Sunday 5 February, 2012 - 9:13 PM
When State governments are following the U.N. model on local planning and infrastructure there can only be trouble where renting is concerned. The U.N. doesnt want anymore land releases they want State and Local governments around the world to "build up" not out. It works out well for the real estate agents as prices sky-rocket. The bottom line is that the U.N. is already acting in a global capacity and dictating to all western countries what we can and cant do. And of course all the commie types in all levels of government are only to willing to comply. Just ask Clover Moore and Frank Sartor.Robert Saturday 4 February, 2012 - 5:08 PM