- Cash transfer company questioned
- Should we ban ISIS flag sales?
- How safe are generic brand meals?
- Anger at ABC Digger massacre claim
- Bill shock on mobile internet data
- Emotional eulogy at funeral
- Clover on council voting reforms
- Marijuana reform step to legalisation?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
- G, Robertson on Revenue rise in speed cameras Very selective use of words in this conversation. You have to look at where the newer camera locations are to bring this ... more
- molly on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque According to a study, 73% of all Moroccans and Turks in the Netherlands are of the opinion that those who go to Syria to ... more
- Ben on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque That is stupid.First of all it will be impossible to legally do and secondly it will only serve to make the flag more ... more
Running the rat race of renting
Sydney's crazy rental market. With so many people after the same property, John Stanley looks at how can you make a great impression on the real estate agent, beat the rest of them and make it your new home?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
whats the use in opening up more land for housing in outer sydney when our Govt. can`t or won`t build infastructure to cope with it. Then again, why do so many renters have new 4WD`s, boats and O.S holidays. Lets give them incentive to buy a home first.John A Tuesday 7 February, 2012 - 10:39 AM
The real if not the main story is the way property managers/landlords are pumping the
tight market for all it's worth. 16 months ago our 2 bedroom terrace in Camperdown which we had occupied for 4 years suddenly jumped in price 3 times over 13 months by about %26 pa. and utlimately we were given notice to vacate supposedly because the owner wanted to move back in, but within 3 days the place was back on the rental market at a staggering %30 over a 2 year period. Each time we asked for simple things to be fixed the rent went up and when suckered into the last rent hike with the promise of a new roof as it seriously leaked a new roof was installed the week we were given notice.
We are always good tenants and pay rent on time religiously and bore the rent hikes in good faith but now also being stiffed for an emergency plumbing bill over xmas where none of the agent's numbers either worked or responded. The agent simply has no intention of paying.
All the Best.matthew cooper Monday 6 February, 2012 - 7:48 PM
We are way.way behind in releasing land for not only new suburbs but new cities as well. Our politicians have about as much foresight at Judas Iscariot had. And he got his just desserts. Poor, or worse, no planning, no brains and dunces and clowns running and ruining the whole damned show! Massive change is needed in Australia like right now>!John Agius Sunday 5 February, 2012 - 9:13 PM
When State governments are following the U.N. model on local planning and infrastructure there can only be trouble where renting is concerned. The U.N. doesnt want anymore land releases they want State and Local governments around the world to "build up" not out. It works out well for the real estate agents as prices sky-rocket. The bottom line is that the U.N. is already acting in a global capacity and dictating to all western countries what we can and cant do. And of course all the commie types in all levels of government are only to willing to comply. Just ask Clover Moore and Frank Sartor.Robert Saturday 4 February, 2012 - 5:08 PM