- Mike Baird now 44th NSW Premier
- Gary O'Callaghan on Talk Back Radio
- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O’Farrell the man
- Mike Baird set to become Premier
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
Running the rat race of renting
Sydney's crazy rental market. With so many people after the same property, John Stanley looks at how can you make a great impression on the real estate agent, beat the rest of them and make it your new home?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
whats the use in opening up more land for housing in outer sydney when our Govt. can`t or won`t build infastructure to cope with it. Then again, why do so many renters have new 4WD`s, boats and O.S holidays. Lets give them incentive to buy a home first.John A Tuesday 7 February, 2012 - 10:39 AM
The real if not the main story is the way property managers/landlords are pumping the
tight market for all it's worth. 16 months ago our 2 bedroom terrace in Camperdown which we had occupied for 4 years suddenly jumped in price 3 times over 13 months by about %26 pa. and utlimately we were given notice to vacate supposedly because the owner wanted to move back in, but within 3 days the place was back on the rental market at a staggering %30 over a 2 year period. Each time we asked for simple things to be fixed the rent went up and when suckered into the last rent hike with the promise of a new roof as it seriously leaked a new roof was installed the week we were given notice.
We are always good tenants and pay rent on time religiously and bore the rent hikes in good faith but now also being stiffed for an emergency plumbing bill over xmas where none of the agent's numbers either worked or responded. The agent simply has no intention of paying.
All the Best.matthew cooper Monday 6 February, 2012 - 7:48 PM
We are way.way behind in releasing land for not only new suburbs but new cities as well. Our politicians have about as much foresight at Judas Iscariot had. And he got his just desserts. Poor, or worse, no planning, no brains and dunces and clowns running and ruining the whole damned show! Massive change is needed in Australia like right now>!John Agius Sunday 5 February, 2012 - 9:13 PM
When State governments are following the U.N. model on local planning and infrastructure there can only be trouble where renting is concerned. The U.N. doesnt want anymore land releases they want State and Local governments around the world to "build up" not out. It works out well for the real estate agents as prices sky-rocket. The bottom line is that the U.N. is already acting in a global capacity and dictating to all western countries what we can and cant do. And of course all the commie types in all levels of government are only to willing to comply. Just ask Clover Moore and Frank Sartor.Robert Saturday 4 February, 2012 - 5:08 PM