- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- Kamahl on people being kind?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Running the rat race of renting
Sydney's crazy rental market. With so many people after the same property, John Stanley looks at how can you make a great impression on the real estate agent, beat the rest of them and make it your new home?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
whats the use in opening up more land for housing in outer sydney when our Govt. can`t or won`t build infastructure to cope with it. Then again, why do so many renters have new 4WD`s, boats and O.S holidays. Lets give them incentive to buy a home first.John A Tuesday 7 February, 2012 - 10:39 AM
The real if not the main story is the way property managers/landlords are pumping the
tight market for all it's worth. 16 months ago our 2 bedroom terrace in Camperdown which we had occupied for 4 years suddenly jumped in price 3 times over 13 months by about %26 pa. and utlimately we were given notice to vacate supposedly because the owner wanted to move back in, but within 3 days the place was back on the rental market at a staggering %30 over a 2 year period. Each time we asked for simple things to be fixed the rent went up and when suckered into the last rent hike with the promise of a new roof as it seriously leaked a new roof was installed the week we were given notice.
We are always good tenants and pay rent on time religiously and bore the rent hikes in good faith but now also being stiffed for an emergency plumbing bill over xmas where none of the agent's numbers either worked or responded. The agent simply has no intention of paying.
All the Best.matthew cooper Monday 6 February, 2012 - 7:48 PM
We are way.way behind in releasing land for not only new suburbs but new cities as well. Our politicians have about as much foresight at Judas Iscariot had. And he got his just desserts. Poor, or worse, no planning, no brains and dunces and clowns running and ruining the whole damned show! Massive change is needed in Australia like right now>!John Agius Sunday 5 February, 2012 - 9:13 PM
When State governments are following the U.N. model on local planning and infrastructure there can only be trouble where renting is concerned. The U.N. doesnt want anymore land releases they want State and Local governments around the world to "build up" not out. It works out well for the real estate agents as prices sky-rocket. The bottom line is that the U.N. is already acting in a global capacity and dictating to all western countries what we can and cant do. And of course all the commie types in all levels of government are only to willing to comply. Just ask Clover Moore and Frank Sartor.Robert Saturday 4 February, 2012 - 5:08 PM