- Fancy a bit of Camel Polo in Dubai?
- Aussie expat just loves life in Dubai
- Tim Webster talks about Dubai Tourism
- Disabled parking demerit points
- Phillip Hughes: Greg Matthews Tribute
- Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute!
- AIRA gossip from Richard Wilkins
- Council protest ships at White Bay
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- md nurul amin on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! pathetic news for me and shocked at the dawn demise of HUGE. CA lost a legend' tribute to him more
- Paul Carter on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My condolences to Phillip Hughes Family, Friends and the Cricket Fraternity after his tragic death yesterday. more
- Yvonne Holmes on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My deepest sympathy to Phillip Hughes' family at this tragic time. I have joined thousands of others in crying for your ... more
- Mohammed Salim on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! In Memory of Philip HughesCricket is not just a game but a family. We are all brothers ; surpassing borders and nations. We ... more
- Dr Wajdi Hadi on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My Condolences to family and to all Australia,May God give patience to his family and friends.I suggets to gather support to ... more
- kathleen, richard, ryan & blake on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! We have followed your journey and with sadness, we along with your family and friends mourn the loss of a talented player ... more
- Colin on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! A very very sad day for the world of cricket. So sorry for Phillip Hughes and his family. RIP PhilSpare a thought for Sean ... more
- sada siwan on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! have not met him, but there are some cricketers whom I just like and Phil is one of them. may god be with you and rest in ... more
- Trevor Lord on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Deeply saddened as an ex East St resident. Knew his mum casually at Macksville RSL.his uncle cut my 90 year old parents ... more
- Ross & Sylvia Tollow on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! We express our deepest sympathy to all the Hughes family, may your son and brother rest in peace. Our thoughts are also with ... more
- Tejas on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My best wishes to the family. He passed playing the game he loved. He reminds us how precious life is. Please let his death ... more
- Sylvia Krupenin & Nina Ersh on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! RIP Phillip Hughes,Deepest condolences to his family, friends and his team mates. My prayers and thoughts are with you at ... more
- YESHUA.. on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! God have mercy on Phil's soul, merciful Jesus have mercy on Phil and I hope and pray that Phil is in the Book of ... more
- Muhammad Sheraz on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Deeply saddened to hear about PHIL Hughes passes away, don't have words to say, it left me in tears , my sympathy and ... more
- edmund hunt on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! I;am just gutted for his family and the whole cricket community which is a massive part of aust sport- he walked my son ... more
- Matt on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Phillip was a great player. An all round good bloke. He will be missed. Rest In Peace mate. more
- Robyn Hanna on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! I was at the Sydney Cricket Ground in the M.A Noble stand as was his Mum and Dad taking the video of the 100 runs that he ... more
- sangamesha on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Philip Hughes RIP,I am so sad. more
- Will on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! RIP Phil HughesIf the first test still goes ahead Phil Hughes should still be named and Australia should take the field with ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on $7 co-payment fee abandoned? That dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, "heavy lifting" U.N. 's big Joe Hockey and Mathias Corman are self-serving ... more
Running the rat race of renting
Sydney's crazy rental market. With so many people after the same property, John Stanley looks at how can you make a great impression on the real estate agent, beat the rest of them and make it your new home?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
whats the use in opening up more land for housing in outer sydney when our Govt. can`t or won`t build infastructure to cope with it. Then again, why do so many renters have new 4WD`s, boats and O.S holidays. Lets give them incentive to buy a home first.John A Tuesday 7 February, 2012 - 10:39 AM
The real if not the main story is the way property managers/landlords are pumping the
tight market for all it's worth. 16 months ago our 2 bedroom terrace in Camperdown which we had occupied for 4 years suddenly jumped in price 3 times over 13 months by about %26 pa. and utlimately we were given notice to vacate supposedly because the owner wanted to move back in, but within 3 days the place was back on the rental market at a staggering %30 over a 2 year period. Each time we asked for simple things to be fixed the rent went up and when suckered into the last rent hike with the promise of a new roof as it seriously leaked a new roof was installed the week we were given notice.
We are always good tenants and pay rent on time religiously and bore the rent hikes in good faith but now also being stiffed for an emergency plumbing bill over xmas where none of the agent's numbers either worked or responded. The agent simply has no intention of paying.
All the Best.matthew cooper Monday 6 February, 2012 - 7:48 PM
We are way.way behind in releasing land for not only new suburbs but new cities as well. Our politicians have about as much foresight at Judas Iscariot had. And he got his just desserts. Poor, or worse, no planning, no brains and dunces and clowns running and ruining the whole damned show! Massive change is needed in Australia like right now>!John Agius Sunday 5 February, 2012 - 9:13 PM
When State governments are following the U.N. model on local planning and infrastructure there can only be trouble where renting is concerned. The U.N. doesnt want anymore land releases they want State and Local governments around the world to "build up" not out. It works out well for the real estate agents as prices sky-rocket. The bottom line is that the U.N. is already acting in a global capacity and dictating to all western countries what we can and cant do. And of course all the commie types in all levels of government are only to willing to comply. Just ask Clover Moore and Frank Sartor.Robert Saturday 4 February, 2012 - 5:08 PM