- Want to sing at the Opera House?
- Close encounters on planet Mars
- Who deserved their shonky award
- Clubs to expand into childcare?
- Not enough jobs for uni grads?
- Who's been snooping in your bin?
- Demerits for illegal disabled parkers
- Car industry keeping its secrets?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
- Craig on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane Kobane will fall as Turkey will not allow the Kurdish fighters there to receive heavy weapons to repel the invaders.They ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane I thought that islam was a peaceful religion? more
- Steve on Fire danger ignored for burn off? I live in St. Ives and witnessed the extra firetrucks racing along Mona Vale road (under lights and sirens)to assist. ... more
- Rob on Fire danger ignored for burn off? This is so typical of the NSWRFS staff. Happy to get in front of the camera on an "out of control bushfire" but have no clue ... more
- Greg on A Fair Go For Seniors Forum With $40B as the estimated cost to pay all volunteer work across Australia each year, has anyone considered the impact of ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Call for calm in Islamic debate Realistically compare "islamic extremism" to so called "christian extremism"...got the picture yet. more
- Cate B. on Banning the burqa an overreaction? Come out to busy Merrylands Stockland Mall and see if you still want the burqa? more
- Annette 72 years of age on Banning the burqa an overreaction? i dont see what the Muslim community dosent understand we just want to see their faces .thats it . it terrifies me to walk ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Banning the burqa an overreaction? What about the BURQA-CLAD mother of seven who claimed she was the victim of mistaken identity, jailed for six months for ... more
Running the rat race of renting
Sydney's crazy rental market. With so many people after the same property, John Stanley looks at how can you make a great impression on the real estate agent, beat the rest of them and make it your new home?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
whats the use in opening up more land for housing in outer sydney when our Govt. can`t or won`t build infastructure to cope with it. Then again, why do so many renters have new 4WD`s, boats and O.S holidays. Lets give them incentive to buy a home first.John A Tuesday 7 February, 2012 - 10:39 AM
The real if not the main story is the way property managers/landlords are pumping the
tight market for all it's worth. 16 months ago our 2 bedroom terrace in Camperdown which we had occupied for 4 years suddenly jumped in price 3 times over 13 months by about %26 pa. and utlimately we were given notice to vacate supposedly because the owner wanted to move back in, but within 3 days the place was back on the rental market at a staggering %30 over a 2 year period. Each time we asked for simple things to be fixed the rent went up and when suckered into the last rent hike with the promise of a new roof as it seriously leaked a new roof was installed the week we were given notice.
We are always good tenants and pay rent on time religiously and bore the rent hikes in good faith but now also being stiffed for an emergency plumbing bill over xmas where none of the agent's numbers either worked or responded. The agent simply has no intention of paying.
All the Best.matthew cooper Monday 6 February, 2012 - 7:48 PM
We are way.way behind in releasing land for not only new suburbs but new cities as well. Our politicians have about as much foresight at Judas Iscariot had. And he got his just desserts. Poor, or worse, no planning, no brains and dunces and clowns running and ruining the whole damned show! Massive change is needed in Australia like right now>!John Agius Sunday 5 February, 2012 - 9:13 PM
When State governments are following the U.N. model on local planning and infrastructure there can only be trouble where renting is concerned. The U.N. doesnt want anymore land releases they want State and Local governments around the world to "build up" not out. It works out well for the real estate agents as prices sky-rocket. The bottom line is that the U.N. is already acting in a global capacity and dictating to all western countries what we can and cant do. And of course all the commie types in all levels of government are only to willing to comply. Just ask Clover Moore and Frank Sartor.Robert Saturday 4 February, 2012 - 5:08 PM