- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- Anzac Day: will it always be sacred?
- Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets?
- Angela Catterns with Tina Arena
- Foy Vance talks on Joy of Nothing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
- Craig on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? As for Hockeys nasty GP co-payment, I heard him on radio recently and when asked if he paid his doctor extra money now? ... more
- Greg O on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Since when was our "free" medical system free? Someone else has always had to pay for it. Even back in day one when the ... more
- Jane M. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Has anyone yet asked silly big Joe Hockey, what is the doctor supposed to do, when those sick people in distress with a bad ... more
- Tangled Web on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor According to the old Bill Shorten; â??I have full confidence in Craig Thomsonâ??. Bill Shorten (Aug 2011): Craig Thomson ... more
- Eric (From the West) on When is the flu just a cold? Re: Stuart Bockings comments about a second airport affecting property values. The reality is that we don't know what will ... more
- Tangled Web on Shorten calls for Labor Party reforms Evidently that insincere, plastic Bill Shorten is not all that bright and he is not lonely either. If Labor have nothing ... more
- Tangled Web on When is the flu just a cold? Thanks, that was somewhat informative. We all had a very bad, highly contagious flu like virus in late January and it ... more
- Anonymous on Father's fight to see his daughter Poor Andrew is correct. Way back in 1987 I divorced my very cruel, hate filled wife. Subsequently for the next 20+ years, ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: reflecting recent battles Amazingly, there are some elements around who still call themselves Australians. They are so ungrateful to our brave ... more
- Tangled Web on William & Kate head to Uluru I am trying my very best, but I just can't get excited about all of this media attention on the royal ... more
- Tangled Web on Baird reshuffle - winners and losers? Lets just hope, that the replacement premier is not just another expensive Grange wine drinker with a bad memory too? And ... more
- Tangled Web on Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks? @Keith A Tudor is obviously correct, how much longer will we accommodate all of this destructive drunkenness? Lets just see ... more
Running the rat race of renting
Sydney's crazy rental market. With so many people after the same property, John Stanley looks at how can you make a great impression on the real estate agent, beat the rest of them and make it your new home?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
whats the use in opening up more land for housing in outer sydney when our Govt. can`t or won`t build infastructure to cope with it. Then again, why do so many renters have new 4WD`s, boats and O.S holidays. Lets give them incentive to buy a home first.John A Tuesday 7 February, 2012 - 10:39 AM
The real if not the main story is the way property managers/landlords are pumping the
tight market for all it's worth. 16 months ago our 2 bedroom terrace in Camperdown which we had occupied for 4 years suddenly jumped in price 3 times over 13 months by about %26 pa. and utlimately we were given notice to vacate supposedly because the owner wanted to move back in, but within 3 days the place was back on the rental market at a staggering %30 over a 2 year period. Each time we asked for simple things to be fixed the rent went up and when suckered into the last rent hike with the promise of a new roof as it seriously leaked a new roof was installed the week we were given notice.
We are always good tenants and pay rent on time religiously and bore the rent hikes in good faith but now also being stiffed for an emergency plumbing bill over xmas where none of the agent's numbers either worked or responded. The agent simply has no intention of paying.
All the Best.matthew cooper Monday 6 February, 2012 - 7:48 PM
We are way.way behind in releasing land for not only new suburbs but new cities as well. Our politicians have about as much foresight at Judas Iscariot had. And he got his just desserts. Poor, or worse, no planning, no brains and dunces and clowns running and ruining the whole damned show! Massive change is needed in Australia like right now>!John Agius Sunday 5 February, 2012 - 9:13 PM
When State governments are following the U.N. model on local planning and infrastructure there can only be trouble where renting is concerned. The U.N. doesnt want anymore land releases they want State and Local governments around the world to "build up" not out. It works out well for the real estate agents as prices sky-rocket. The bottom line is that the U.N. is already acting in a global capacity and dictating to all western countries what we can and cant do. And of course all the commie types in all levels of government are only to willing to comply. Just ask Clover Moore and Frank Sartor.Robert Saturday 4 February, 2012 - 5:08 PM