- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- Anzac Day: will it always be sacred?
- Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets?
- Angela Catterns with Tina Arena
- Foy Vance talks on Joy of Nothing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
- Craig on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? As for Hockeys nasty GP co-payment, I heard him on radio recently and when asked if he paid his doctor extra money now? ... more
- Greg O on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Since when was our "free" medical system free? Someone else has always had to pay for it. Even back in day one when the ... more
- Jane M. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Has anyone yet asked silly big Joe Hockey, what is the doctor supposed to do, when those sick people in distress with a bad ... more
- Tangled Web on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor According to the old Bill Shorten; â??I have full confidence in Craig Thomsonâ??. Bill Shorten (Aug 2011): Craig Thomson ... more
- Eric (From the West) on When is the flu just a cold? Re: Stuart Bockings comments about a second airport affecting property values. The reality is that we don't know what will ... more
- Tangled Web on Shorten calls for Labor Party reforms Evidently that insincere, plastic Bill Shorten is not all that bright and he is not lonely either. If Labor have nothing ... more
- Tangled Web on When is the flu just a cold? Thanks, that was somewhat informative. We all had a very bad, highly contagious flu like virus in late January and it ... more
- Anonymous on Father's fight to see his daughter Poor Andrew is correct. Way back in 1987 I divorced my very cruel, hate filled wife. Subsequently for the next 20+ years, ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: reflecting recent battles Amazingly, there are some elements around who still call themselves Australians. They are so ungrateful to our brave ... more
- Tangled Web on William & Kate head to Uluru I am trying my very best, but I just can't get excited about all of this media attention on the royal ... more
- Tangled Web on Baird reshuffle - winners and losers? Lets just hope, that the replacement premier is not just another expensive Grange wine drinker with a bad memory too? And ... more
- Tangled Web on Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks? @Keith A Tudor is obviously correct, how much longer will we accommodate all of this destructive drunkenness? Lets just see ... more
Rupert Murdoch not "fit & proper"
An investigation by a British Parliamentary Committee has issued a damning indictment of one of the worlds most powerful media tycoons, Rupert Murdoch.
The Committee has accused Mr Murdoch of being willfully blind to what was going on in his media empire.
The investigation was launched in the wake of the News of the World phone hacking scandal.
Tim Shaw speaks with Karen Kissane Europe Correspondent for The Age & SMH on the damning British Parliamentary report claiming Rupert Murdoch is not a fit and proper person to be running and international media company
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
I agree with Danny Dix, what has fit and proper got to do with running a newspaper. Here we have a goof of an opposition leader who can't even add up and continuously makes mistakes in his policies and figures but the Murdoch press shields him. Who cares about fit and proper? Not the Murdoch Press, not their front mob the Lieberals and their comical leader the Phony Abbott also knows as the Mad Monk.Terrence Friday 4 May, 2012 - 12:38 AM
In modern day Britain find me anyone that is fit and proper to do anything!
When you have a once proud and noble country being run by un-elected bureaucrats in Brussels who will do anything to deflect the woes within europe onto anybody and anything you will find from top to bottom nobody would be fit and proper to collect garbage!Peter Thursday 3 May, 2012 - 8:47 AM
What's fit and proper got to do with running a British news rag....have you read one lately? It's like playboy meets East Enders. Try finding some actual news in one.Danny Dix Wednesday 2 May, 2012 - 11:22 PM
You will not get anyone better than Rupert Murdoch. It is the failed useless damned politicians that have caused these monumental problems. I encourage Mr Murdoch to fight them with a damned vengeance. They are singularly and collectively just useless damned political bastards that are not worth feeding.Rakesh A Aduk Wednesday 2 May, 2012 - 8:32 PM
Says alot about the current state of journalism in this countryTony Wednesday 2 May, 2012 - 2:22 PM
Is this the same 'multicultural' politically correct, fraudulent global warming, bankrupt British Parliament investigating?? Who are responsible for the deliberate, wilful destruction of the now ruined British culture and economy?? Whatever they allege about Rupert Murdoch is nothing compared to their deliberate damage that these traitorous bastards have inflicted on a once proud and mighty England. Now completely ratshit...Jessical T. Wednesday 2 May, 2012 - 11:37 AM