- Sydney jihadi threatens attack
- Clive Palmer calls for elections
- Our biggest fear is public speaking
- The Whisper: Gay Bushrangers?
- 20-years for violent toddler murder
- Alcohol abuse: the wake-up call
- Greens Senator denies asylum stirring
- Ray 'Rabbits' Warren: The Voice
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on A Fair Go for Seniors - Forum United you stand, divided you fall. Sounds a little like a song. About time Seniors formed a Union. What a formidable force ... more
- Gary on No place to top up Opal cards? I've had a Opal card for months, fantastic, best thing ever for public transport. I ordered it online, it arrived in the ... more
- James on Veggie garden for Pyrmont Bridge? Typical. Despite the inordinate number of junkets to places like Japan where they have rules to manage crowds which everyone ... more
- NOT SURPRISED... on Moree shooting: tension in the bush In my dealings with some very arrogant government departments, they can be quite rude and show little tact, often they make ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Warning on home grown terror But hang on a minute islam is such a bloody "peaceful religion" so what is Attorney-General George Brandis so damned ... more
- Greg O on Sydney facing homeless challenge New public housing estates look very impressive but there is never enough of them. It seems to be a case of we either give ... more
- James W on Parliament House $800 doorknob? Yeah, they must be punished for leaving us with a 3 X AAA rated economy and continuing on the 20 odd years of unbroken ... more
- Angela Coombes on Parliament House $800 doorknob? What about the framed portraits of Gillard and Rudd within the National Parliament - I would prefer just blank frames ... more
- Samuel J James on Work for Dole rules far too strict? @Sloppy Joe Hokey - you are 1000% correct. Simply put, it is government of the money, by the money for the money indeed! Of ... more
- Samuel J on PMs frustration over access to MH17 The ex KGB thug, presently the so called President of Russia has been as helpful regarding the recovery of the bodies of the ... more
- Terrence on Work for the dole doesn't work They ought to get Abbott do 40 applications and see what it is like. This guy has no clue how to run the government and ... more
- Terrence on PM discusses the issues on 2UE Abbott is trying his best to milk this so his unpopular budget and his lies and deceit do not stay in the headlines. It does ... more
- ahmed on No place to top up Opal cards? Typical third world Sydney transport solution.Why didnt they think of the opal card years ago and iron out problems before ... more
- alfredo on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Clover Moore and Alex Greenwich are the type of pollies this country really needs!! more
- paulo on Sydney facing homeless challenge Housing should be a human right.The government should make rules that require building companies to build cheap housing ... more
- Cleangirl on Sydney Art: what do you think? Much too much money, and I thought Art was something to appreciate, something not just anyone can do and something clever. more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? As for FTA's, the fact is Australia is a net exporter to the countries that we have an FTA with. So we sell more than we ... more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Pick on the rich tax dodgers.Unfortunately the facts don't support your claim, the truth is the top 20% of tax payers are ... more
- Robyn on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Could be a shapely woman more
- Norman Hanscombe on McClymont: He who must be Obeid As someone who began working on ALP Polling Booths over 70 years ago, it's sad that we need journalists like Kate McClymont ... more
Rupert Murdoch not "fit & proper"
An investigation by a British Parliamentary Committee has issued a damning indictment of one of the worlds most powerful media tycoons, Rupert Murdoch.
The Committee has accused Mr Murdoch of being willfully blind to what was going on in his media empire.
The investigation was launched in the wake of the News of the World phone hacking scandal.
Tim Shaw speaks with Karen Kissane Europe Correspondent for The Age & SMH on the damning British Parliamentary report claiming Rupert Murdoch is not a fit and proper person to be running and international media company
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
I agree with Danny Dix, what has fit and proper got to do with running a newspaper. Here we have a goof of an opposition leader who can't even add up and continuously makes mistakes in his policies and figures but the Murdoch press shields him. Who cares about fit and proper? Not the Murdoch Press, not their front mob the Lieberals and their comical leader the Phony Abbott also knows as the Mad Monk.Terrence Friday 4 May, 2012 - 12:38 AM
In modern day Britain find me anyone that is fit and proper to do anything!
When you have a once proud and noble country being run by un-elected bureaucrats in Brussels who will do anything to deflect the woes within europe onto anybody and anything you will find from top to bottom nobody would be fit and proper to collect garbage!Peter Thursday 3 May, 2012 - 8:47 AM
What's fit and proper got to do with running a British news rag....have you read one lately? It's like playboy meets East Enders. Try finding some actual news in one.Danny Dix Wednesday 2 May, 2012 - 11:22 PM
You will not get anyone better than Rupert Murdoch. It is the failed useless damned politicians that have caused these monumental problems. I encourage Mr Murdoch to fight them with a damned vengeance. They are singularly and collectively just useless damned political bastards that are not worth feeding.Rakesh A Aduk Wednesday 2 May, 2012 - 8:32 PM
Says alot about the current state of journalism in this countryTony Wednesday 2 May, 2012 - 2:22 PM
Is this the same 'multicultural' politically correct, fraudulent global warming, bankrupt British Parliament investigating?? Who are responsible for the deliberate, wilful destruction of the now ruined British culture and economy?? Whatever they allege about Rupert Murdoch is nothing compared to their deliberate damage that these traitorous bastards have inflicted on a once proud and mighty England. Now completely ratshit...Jessical T. Wednesday 2 May, 2012 - 11:37 AM