- Journalists too left on political views?
- Time for fat tax on fast food?
- Medals found at the Cenotaph
- Sydney's hefty house prices
- Council's new tool on parking meters
- Why do some brands remain 'cool'?
- Man refuses rising for magistrate
- Gillard gains ground in polls for PM
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mark Castellino on Man refuses rising for magistrate Regarding the Muslim man who refused to stand up for the judge. I agree it is not what Australia needs. However, the bill of ... more
- Kimber on Man refuses rising for magistrate It should not matter whether the Magistrate is female or male. This is Australia and the Magistrate is entitled to the ... more
- hadi on Man refuses rising for magistrate In islam, law is above all. In islamic history ,even top of the political system stand in front of law.So please this is not ... more
- Maddy on Man refuses rising for magistrate Send Him Back Home...No Place Here For People Like That more
- Sal Oddo on Man refuses rising for magistrate I am disgusted with the absolute disregard for authority from these muslim extremist.If they hate us so much and our laws ... more
- Peter on Gillard gains ground in polls for PM The only real ground she is gaining in is the one at the bottom of the pit she refuses to stop digging for herself and her ... more
- Peter on Council's new tool on parking meters You have to ask is this an invasion of privacy? more
- Douglas on Gillard gains ground in polls for PM Triple A credit rating from all 3 agencies,low unemployment,low inflation, low interest rates, yet by that poll the Libs can ... more
- Peter on Banning children not vaccinated? Amazing how some people from a minority fringe group are will to put the majority at risk over their un-scientific and ... more
- Karen on Banning children not vaccinated? Well if your child isn't vaccinated they don't get the Child care benefit for fee reduction and parents have to pay full ... more
- Terrence on Tony Abbott's Budget 2013 reply I think they have finally managed to flush him out to a point that he now has to talk about policies. We can see how ... more
- Sandra M on GST future looms at election? I am disgusted at the amount of the GST loaded on to our electricity bills, plus the carbon tax, plus plus even on our land ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Tony Abbott's Budget 2013 reply The Budget reply by Tony Abbott is the best, most open and honest reply I have ever heard as a result of an utterly crook, ... more
- Samuel Kyrikos on Thomson to contest as independent @AbortionisedTruth - I could not agree with you more in your posting here.I trust the voters of Port Macquarie, Tamworth and ... more
- Samuel J Kyrikos on Packer picks Barangaroo design Hoh, Hoh, Hoh - it looks like the trousered legs of poor ole Stan Laurel of the famous TV pair - Laurel and Hardy. You can ... more
- CARMEN on Abbott on 2UE as Gillard legislates THE MORE I SEE OF JULIA GILLARD AND OF ALL OF HER COHORTS, THE MORE I DISLIKE AND ABSOLUTELY HATE THEM.....THEY ARE MADE UP ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Legalise marijuana for terminally ill? What is wrong with Morphine in ever increasing doses if they are terminal!Kills the pain totally!I would want this if I were ... more
- Keith A Tudor on GST future looms at election? It is utterly disgusting the money that these political damned rorting creeps rip us off for. It is on our electricity ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Packer picks Barangaroo design One patron in our pub today commented it looks like a replica of a motor cycle exhaust. I agree - a silly looking structure ... more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Students using performance drugs? John, these days performance enhancing drugs are rife in top level sport. Because we are talking about mega $incentive ... more
Salvation Army Defends Actions
David Oldfield slams the Salvation Army for helping those outside of Australia. Major Bruce Harmer defends the organization’s international focus and explains why they help the people they do.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
@Ginger, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. My father and mother are officers and they each get paid just under $20,000 per year. You think that is overpaid? I have gone overseas to provide assistance to those in need, and I saved to go and I paid to go. I was not paid by the Salvos. I have also volunteered out on the streets helping homeless people here in Sydney as well as going to Moree for a week each year to provide assistance to the aboriginal community.
What have you done Ginger? Be honest, I bet you have never gone out of your way to regularly help anyone that you don't know.
Instead of being an armchair critic and expert (you're no expert), perhaps you could go and lift a finger or two and help someone in need.Jason Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 2:36 PM
More hypocrisy from the Salvos!! Australia is already giving $heaps in donations to Nauru and Fiji etc, etc. The diverted Salvos place is obviously right here in Australia helping our neglected, forgotten own, not being used-up and clearly politicised in Nauru by the disgusting Labor government on their Nauru sham. Now the two faced Salvos have the gall to have a huge Christmas appeal begging for $cash from struggling over taxed poor Australians who are in the main sick of donating their hard earned cash to the wrong people!! Little wonder that the greedy corporate Salvos' op shops ridiculously overcharge for used items donated by trusting charitable people. These days, the Salvos are a pack of greedy hypocrites they won't get money from me anymore. The corporatised Salvos and their highly paid employees, can all bugger-off and live first class in Nauru and Fiji or wherever. Furthermore I was disgusted to buy a packet of Coles Brand ginger nut biscuits that are no longer made in Australia, but are bloody made in Fiji-how pathetic is that!Ginger Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 11:17 AM