- Tony Abbott surges in the polls
- Time to simplify school curriculum?
- Brain Injury: end full contact sports?
- Whisper: two state ministers to go?
- Fast Ed's Rhubarb Custard Tart
- Would you be frozen for rebirth later?
- SPC back from the brink of collapse?
- Domestic Violence: it's in your street?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
Scrap mandatory preferential vote?
Senior Liberals believe changes to the electoral system would make the voting process more democratic.
Some are pushing for voluntary preferential voting, meaning people would only need put a "one" next to the candidate they want, and not have to preference others they don't support.
It's believed such a move would disadvantage Labor and the Greens more than the Liberal Party.
Adults would still be compelled to vote, but they would not have to number the ballot and give preferences to candidates they may not support.
Currently voters have to to put a number next to every candidate to lodge a valid vote.
The Opposition's Bronwyn Bishop tells John Stanley the changes would simply reduce the number of informal votes.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Doctors are condemning a book promoting the potentially disease Measles as "marvelous". AMA's Steve Hambleton condemned the book and points out people need more information about the disease.
George St will be dug up during the next state election campaign to build two new light rail lines. Transport Minister Gladys Berejiklian says they'll be making sure there is as little disruption as possible.
That idea doesn't do anything in regards to fairness. Getting rid of the ability to give their votes to another party, & getting rid of coalitions entirely. That means that they have to earn all their votes themselves, & meaningless parties like the Nationals, Greens & Independants won't get the ridiculous hamstringing power like they have now. At the moment I can vote for someone, but my vote is given to some party I despise. How is that Democracy?Coasty Friday 11 January, 2013 - 9:01 AM
I support the srapping of mandatory preferential voting. Continuing this archaic process will only see the useless sods in the labor party and the slime greens party getting re-elected and so the abject waste and nonsense will continue. Bring on the change please!Jonathon L Benson Friday 11 January, 2013 - 8:21 AM
STOP telling lies voting is NOT MANDATORY!Bikinis not burkas Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 8:45 PM