- GST future looms at election?
- Students using performance drugs?
- Tony Abbott's Budget 2013 reply
- The Stir: Alien or a deformed child?
- Sydney rail timetable changes ahead
- Help 'Save Our Sons'
- 2UE at Matthew Pearce Public School
- Lee Kernaghan: Flying with the King
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Robert on Packer picks Barangaroo design It looks frail, theres no sense of permanence and its a bit poofy. Basically, it looks crap. more
- CARMEN on Asylum seeker cost out of control? I fully agree with Bikinis not Burkas SOLUTION to this very unwelcome problem....IT MUST BE STOPPED AT ANY ... more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Thomson to contest as independent Mentored friend and confidant of JuLia Gillard and now a so called Independent Craig Thomson is loaded with "Labor values" ... more
- Sandra M on Thomson to contest as independent He's as good as a dozen damned vacancies this joker. I trust the court hearing of the long line of charges is not delayed ... more
- Mick on Pro-Palestinian rally & traffic gridlock I have to say Paul. You made yourself look ignorant by not even letting this bloke explain. I agree with what he said and ... more
- Peter on Labor handouts uncovered in Budget It's been found, everybody knows what it is going to be used for, Simple - Quarantine it till after the election. more
- Peter on Asylum seeker cost out of control? This subject will still be on the agenda for the foreseeable future until we get somebody with the BALLS to say enough is ... more
- paulo on Pro-Palestinian rally & traffic gridlock Israel has broken more UN resolutions than any other!The USA always vetos anything against Israel.So we should all be on the ... more
- Robert on Asylum seeker cost out of control? This problem lies squarely at the feet of the labour goons and their anti-Australian agenda. If they love 'asylum seekers' ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on 5G: download a movie in a second Faster on fiber optic and no distance restrictions and no peak volume problems! more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Is Australia a fair country? The Federal Government is unfair to us fair dinkum Aussies! Muslim Colonits first Aussies last! more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Asylum seeker cost out of control? Easy solution build a Refugee camp in the middle of Western Australia, provide food, water, tents and long drops, (the same ... more
- Terrence on Pro-Palestinian rally & traffic gridlock 70 years after Palestinians were so cruelly uprooted and dispossessed from their lands to create a country for the Zionists ... more
- Terrence on Asylum seeker cost out of control? Well, you have been saying these things for months now until you have exhausted all the superlatives. The only thing you ... more
- lyndal on Palmer party: is he really serious? He is such a goose, he tried to bribe the LNP and couldnt, so he picked up his bat and ball and went mad more
- Robert on Who are Sydney's worst drivers? Part of Sydney already on its way to third world status. No surprises there. Once again thanks for nothing to all the idiots ... more
- Egon on Abbott on 2UE as Gillard legislates Don't worry the tears she is showing are only crocodile tears and are part of the ceremony more
- Keith A Tudor on Abbott on 2UE as Gillard legislates Another well performed deceitful act Jul-liar Eileen Gillard. And don't feel any sympathy for yourself you damned fool ... more
- jim on Abbott on 2UE as Gillard legislates GILLARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!The two are incompatable more
- Franco on Palmer party: is he really serious? Morrison is worried Palmer may eat into Abutt's big business support base. more
Shares plunge: recession warning?
Shares have plummeted back to GFC-levels as investors come to the realisation major world economies are headed for a downturn. Wall Street fell more than 4% per cent, wiping all gain from this year.
Tim Webster with Dr Chris Leithner on the path ahead for the world economy and what he feels are the reasons behind the problems being experienced on world financial markets.
Treasurer Wayne Swan has sought to calm the nerves of Australian investors following a big plunge on world markets overnight.
The Australian sharemarket has lost 4% of its value in the first hour of trade with bank, retail and some mining stocks among the losers.
But Wayne Swan says the fundamentals of the Australian economy are strong compared to the problems the globe is facing.
Some leading economists say the futures market is being "too pesimistic" by suggesting interest rates could drop by a full one per cent by early next year.
Futures traders are reflecting the rout on global sharemarkets, amid fears the US and Europe could soon fall into another recession.
The Reserve expects Australia's economic growth to slow this year, but they're predicting the situation will improve by mid-2012.
Chris Caton from BT says despite the problems, rates will remain steady rather than fall.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
!!I KNEW IT !!
This Red Grim Reeper,would Bring us to a Resession,have always Predicted they would,
it would suprise me,if we did not go into a Huge Resession.Hide Your Dollars.
!! As All They Know How To Do,Is SPEND SPEND SPEND & TAX TAX TAX..
They are Digging Themselves Such a Big Hole...AUSTRALIA will Never Ever Recover From
What They Have Done To This Beautifull Country.
With All thier!! CHEATING And LYING !!Tricia Saturday 6 August, 2011 - 7:55 PM
Well said Justin J, that goose swan is #ucking up our country and laughing all the way to the bank. Like Gillard, this goose is a disgrace.
They are all like that, have a look at bludger Rudd, never worked in his miserable life. Except for operating a paper shredder at nights in Qld.
I think Justin J should be DPM.Abdullah Abdullah Saturday 6 August, 2011 - 7:45 PM
Wayne Swan has never had a real job where one works in the real world and earns his or her pay. This bastard has been a life long failed academic. I personally regard him as unemployable. Just watch when his rotten labor party/greens party gets booted, he will head back to some poor gullible University to give him a 'yes' man's job. An utter fool of a man he is in every way.Justin J Friday 5 August, 2011 - 8:57 PM
Things go up and down in stock market shares etc. history shows us these things and we learn from it. Do we want to have SWANNY & JU-LIAR running the ship when things are crook, No Thank You they are only going to make things worse, as their record shows. History is a wonderful reference!Peter B Friday 5 August, 2011 - 1:57 PM
On the one hand, this country is in the grip of a World Financial Crisis... so we have to get these stimulus packages going... insulation, schools, bruadband, black boxes for tv's, and heaps of Public Servants (they hate being called that) to make sure there is noone to blame when the stimulus crap fails.
On the other hand, we are located in the Asia Pacific and ...growth has remained strong... According to this dork who is our Treasurer,
We were not involved in the
bloody financial crisis.
But it gave Gillard the opportunity to push her Socialist agenda... knowing she has only one chance as caretaker Prime Minister.
How much longer will it be for this country to be declared a Communist State?Wobblyone Friday 5 August, 2011 - 11:11 AM
Dear oh...dear...oh...dear Wayne Swan!! What arrrhh you going to do next?? Juliar, this is just another fine mess you have got us into!!! Get your stupid fkn CO2 tax and shove it down that goose, Swan's throat! Not ours! Furthermore your cleanerenergyfuture, 20 pages of 'crap'!
Has wasted many, many $Millions of our dollars for nothing!
N.B. All of our non-recyclable garbage bins are overflowing onto our streets with your brainwashing propaganda!! Nobody wants it!!!
"THERE WILL BE NO CARBON TAX UNDER THE GOVERNMENT I LEAD"HON. GREG CO2MBET Friday 5 August, 2011 - 11:01 AM