- Ray Martin on ex-PM Julia Gillard
- Lonely Planet's East Coast picks
- Career checkups for over 50's
- Pamela Stevenson on Brazouka
- Lockout: Death of Kings Cross
- New terror laws to prohibit torture
- Swans into the AFL Grand Final
- Teens charged over stabbing death
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Vince on New terror laws to prohibit torture Torture sounds rather humane compared to what these bastards are dishing out overseas. more
- I propose new Middle East laws on Not in the name of religion 50 years of relentless vicious abuse is enough. I will not stand idly by and allow that abuse to destroy the next generation ... more
- Robert on Not in the name of religion Not about religion? Yeah right. You keep telling yourself that Tim. Its about Islam mate, take the blinkers off. more
- Join the Q Society on Not in the name of religion Tim, this is pure IslamQuran 8:12ShakirWhen your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who ... more
- Davo on Not in the name of religion Nailed it Tim. more
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
Shares plunge: recession warning?
Shares have plummeted back to GFC-levels as investors come to the realisation major world economies are headed for a downturn. Wall Street fell more than 4% per cent, wiping all gain from this year.
Tim Webster with Dr Chris Leithner on the path ahead for the world economy and what he feels are the reasons behind the problems being experienced on world financial markets.
Treasurer Wayne Swan has sought to calm the nerves of Australian investors following a big plunge on world markets overnight.
The Australian sharemarket has lost 4% of its value in the first hour of trade with bank, retail and some mining stocks among the losers.
But Wayne Swan says the fundamentals of the Australian economy are strong compared to the problems the globe is facing.
Some leading economists say the futures market is being "too pesimistic" by suggesting interest rates could drop by a full one per cent by early next year.
Futures traders are reflecting the rout on global sharemarkets, amid fears the US and Europe could soon fall into another recession.
The Reserve expects Australia's economic growth to slow this year, but they're predicting the situation will improve by mid-2012.
Chris Caton from BT says despite the problems, rates will remain steady rather than fall.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
!!I KNEW IT !!
This Red Grim Reeper,would Bring us to a Resession,have always Predicted they would,
it would suprise me,if we did not go into a Huge Resession.Hide Your Dollars.
!! As All They Know How To Do,Is SPEND SPEND SPEND & TAX TAX TAX..
They are Digging Themselves Such a Big Hole...AUSTRALIA will Never Ever Recover From
What They Have Done To This Beautifull Country.
With All thier!! CHEATING And LYING !!Tricia Saturday 6 August, 2011 - 7:55 PM
Well said Justin J, that goose swan is #ucking up our country and laughing all the way to the bank. Like Gillard, this goose is a disgrace.
They are all like that, have a look at bludger Rudd, never worked in his miserable life. Except for operating a paper shredder at nights in Qld.
I think Justin J should be DPM.Abdullah Abdullah Saturday 6 August, 2011 - 7:45 PM
Wayne Swan has never had a real job where one works in the real world and earns his or her pay. This bastard has been a life long failed academic. I personally regard him as unemployable. Just watch when his rotten labor party/greens party gets booted, he will head back to some poor gullible University to give him a 'yes' man's job. An utter fool of a man he is in every way.Justin J Friday 5 August, 2011 - 8:57 PM
Things go up and down in stock market shares etc. history shows us these things and we learn from it. Do we want to have SWANNY & JU-LIAR running the ship when things are crook, No Thank You they are only going to make things worse, as their record shows. History is a wonderful reference!Peter B Friday 5 August, 2011 - 1:57 PM
On the one hand, this country is in the grip of a World Financial Crisis... so we have to get these stimulus packages going... insulation, schools, bruadband, black boxes for tv's, and heaps of Public Servants (they hate being called that) to make sure there is noone to blame when the stimulus crap fails.
On the other hand, we are located in the Asia Pacific and ...growth has remained strong... According to this dork who is our Treasurer,
We were not involved in the
bloody financial crisis.
But it gave Gillard the opportunity to push her Socialist agenda... knowing she has only one chance as caretaker Prime Minister.
How much longer will it be for this country to be declared a Communist State?Wobblyone Friday 5 August, 2011 - 11:11 AM
Dear oh...dear...oh...dear Wayne Swan!! What arrrhh you going to do next?? Juliar, this is just another fine mess you have got us into!!! Get your stupid fkn CO2 tax and shove it down that goose, Swan's throat! Not ours! Furthermore your cleanerenergyfuture, 20 pages of 'crap'!
Has wasted many, many $Millions of our dollars for nothing!
N.B. All of our non-recyclable garbage bins are overflowing onto our streets with your brainwashing propaganda!! Nobody wants it!!!
"THERE WILL BE NO CARBON TAX UNDER THE GOVERNMENT I LEAD"HON. GREG CO2MBET Friday 5 August, 2011 - 11:01 AM