- 100th anniversary of the Anzacs
- Do we really need local councils?
- Phil Hughes 'critical' in St Vincents
- What is the cause of autism?
- 106 days looking for a park?
- Ryan Ruffles: a rising golf star
- Palmer moves on from Lambie
- Sydney kids now addicted to meth?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kylie Kelly on Baby found in Quakers Hill drain This will put the pro-abortionists into a frenzy. See how all life is precious, not just the politicians' lives, who ... more
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
Shares plunge: recession warning?
Shares have plummeted back to GFC-levels as investors come to the realisation major world economies are headed for a downturn. Wall Street fell more than 4% per cent, wiping all gain from this year.
Tim Webster with Dr Chris Leithner on the path ahead for the world economy and what he feels are the reasons behind the problems being experienced on world financial markets.
Treasurer Wayne Swan has sought to calm the nerves of Australian investors following a big plunge on world markets overnight.
The Australian sharemarket has lost 4% of its value in the first hour of trade with bank, retail and some mining stocks among the losers.
But Wayne Swan says the fundamentals of the Australian economy are strong compared to the problems the globe is facing.
Some leading economists say the futures market is being "too pesimistic" by suggesting interest rates could drop by a full one per cent by early next year.
Futures traders are reflecting the rout on global sharemarkets, amid fears the US and Europe could soon fall into another recession.
The Reserve expects Australia's economic growth to slow this year, but they're predicting the situation will improve by mid-2012.
Chris Caton from BT says despite the problems, rates will remain steady rather than fall.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
!!I KNEW IT !!
This Red Grim Reeper,would Bring us to a Resession,have always Predicted they would,
it would suprise me,if we did not go into a Huge Resession.Hide Your Dollars.
!! As All They Know How To Do,Is SPEND SPEND SPEND & TAX TAX TAX..
They are Digging Themselves Such a Big Hole...AUSTRALIA will Never Ever Recover From
What They Have Done To This Beautifull Country.
With All thier!! CHEATING And LYING !!Tricia Saturday 6 August, 2011 - 7:55 PM
Well said Justin J, that goose swan is #ucking up our country and laughing all the way to the bank. Like Gillard, this goose is a disgrace.
They are all like that, have a look at bludger Rudd, never worked in his miserable life. Except for operating a paper shredder at nights in Qld.
I think Justin J should be DPM.Abdullah Abdullah Saturday 6 August, 2011 - 7:45 PM
Wayne Swan has never had a real job where one works in the real world and earns his or her pay. This bastard has been a life long failed academic. I personally regard him as unemployable. Just watch when his rotten labor party/greens party gets booted, he will head back to some poor gullible University to give him a 'yes' man's job. An utter fool of a man he is in every way.Justin J Friday 5 August, 2011 - 8:57 PM
Things go up and down in stock market shares etc. history shows us these things and we learn from it. Do we want to have SWANNY & JU-LIAR running the ship when things are crook, No Thank You they are only going to make things worse, as their record shows. History is a wonderful reference!Peter B Friday 5 August, 2011 - 1:57 PM
On the one hand, this country is in the grip of a World Financial Crisis... so we have to get these stimulus packages going... insulation, schools, bruadband, black boxes for tv's, and heaps of Public Servants (they hate being called that) to make sure there is noone to blame when the stimulus crap fails.
On the other hand, we are located in the Asia Pacific and ...growth has remained strong... According to this dork who is our Treasurer,
We were not involved in the
bloody financial crisis.
But it gave Gillard the opportunity to push her Socialist agenda... knowing she has only one chance as caretaker Prime Minister.
How much longer will it be for this country to be declared a Communist State?Wobblyone Friday 5 August, 2011 - 11:11 AM
Dear oh...dear...oh...dear Wayne Swan!! What arrrhh you going to do next?? Juliar, this is just another fine mess you have got us into!!! Get your stupid fkn CO2 tax and shove it down that goose, Swan's throat! Not ours! Furthermore your cleanerenergyfuture, 20 pages of 'crap'!
Has wasted many, many $Millions of our dollars for nothing!
N.B. All of our non-recyclable garbage bins are overflowing onto our streets with your brainwashing propaganda!! Nobody wants it!!!
"THERE WILL BE NO CARBON TAX UNDER THE GOVERNMENT I LEAD"HON. GREG CO2MBET Friday 5 August, 2011 - 11:01 AM