- How to attract the perfect partner?
- Wendy Matthews: Campfire Festival
- Jodi McKay to contest Strathfield
- Too many truck accidents
- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN on Too many truck accidents The police need to get with the times, technology can go a long way in stopping rogue truck drivers and other crime. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Greens Grinch against Christmas @Judith - well said. They are also a band of wanton lunatics that should never be allowed to enter any form of public ... more
- peter on The lone wolf: who is watching? as long as the lone wolf starts at the top and works his way down the food chain it wont affect most Australianspollies then ... more
- MARY CHRISTMAS on Greens Grinch against Christmas So called religious tolerance is only for certain types and certainly not for Christians. Christianity is the most ... more
- Janelle on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens councillor from Woollahra has a point in that the function he is referring to is to be funded by the Woollahra ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on The lone wolf: who is watching? It would not be so bad if there were only "one lone wolf", however these so called lone wolves pop up like mushrooms hidden ... more
- Cleangirl on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens are ruining Australia with their Political Correctness terrorism. more
- Join the Q Society on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Cleangirl has said it all! more
- Join the Q Society on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Local Government Minster should sack this ^&*(%$ person! more
- Leon on Greens Grinch against Christmas You want to celebrate a fairy tale do it at home. I'm sick of the child abuse that comes with brainwashing children. more
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
Shares plunge: recession warning?
Shares have plummeted back to GFC-levels as investors come to the realisation major world economies are headed for a downturn. Wall Street fell more than 4% per cent, wiping all gain from this year.
Tim Webster with Dr Chris Leithner on the path ahead for the world economy and what he feels are the reasons behind the problems being experienced on world financial markets.
Treasurer Wayne Swan has sought to calm the nerves of Australian investors following a big plunge on world markets overnight.
The Australian sharemarket has lost 4% of its value in the first hour of trade with bank, retail and some mining stocks among the losers.
But Wayne Swan says the fundamentals of the Australian economy are strong compared to the problems the globe is facing.
Some leading economists say the futures market is being "too pesimistic" by suggesting interest rates could drop by a full one per cent by early next year.
Futures traders are reflecting the rout on global sharemarkets, amid fears the US and Europe could soon fall into another recession.
The Reserve expects Australia's economic growth to slow this year, but they're predicting the situation will improve by mid-2012.
Chris Caton from BT says despite the problems, rates will remain steady rather than fall.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
!!I KNEW IT !!
This Red Grim Reeper,would Bring us to a Resession,have always Predicted they would,
it would suprise me,if we did not go into a Huge Resession.Hide Your Dollars.
!! As All They Know How To Do,Is SPEND SPEND SPEND & TAX TAX TAX..
They are Digging Themselves Such a Big Hole...AUSTRALIA will Never Ever Recover From
What They Have Done To This Beautifull Country.
With All thier!! CHEATING And LYING !!Tricia Saturday 6 August, 2011 - 7:55 PM
Well said Justin J, that goose swan is #ucking up our country and laughing all the way to the bank. Like Gillard, this goose is a disgrace.
They are all like that, have a look at bludger Rudd, never worked in his miserable life. Except for operating a paper shredder at nights in Qld.
I think Justin J should be DPM.Abdullah Abdullah Saturday 6 August, 2011 - 7:45 PM
Wayne Swan has never had a real job where one works in the real world and earns his or her pay. This bastard has been a life long failed academic. I personally regard him as unemployable. Just watch when his rotten labor party/greens party gets booted, he will head back to some poor gullible University to give him a 'yes' man's job. An utter fool of a man he is in every way.Justin J Friday 5 August, 2011 - 8:57 PM
Things go up and down in stock market shares etc. history shows us these things and we learn from it. Do we want to have SWANNY & JU-LIAR running the ship when things are crook, No Thank You they are only going to make things worse, as their record shows. History is a wonderful reference!Peter B Friday 5 August, 2011 - 1:57 PM
On the one hand, this country is in the grip of a World Financial Crisis... so we have to get these stimulus packages going... insulation, schools, bruadband, black boxes for tv's, and heaps of Public Servants (they hate being called that) to make sure there is noone to blame when the stimulus crap fails.
On the other hand, we are located in the Asia Pacific and ...growth has remained strong... According to this dork who is our Treasurer,
We were not involved in the
bloody financial crisis.
But it gave Gillard the opportunity to push her Socialist agenda... knowing she has only one chance as caretaker Prime Minister.
How much longer will it be for this country to be declared a Communist State?Wobblyone Friday 5 August, 2011 - 11:11 AM
Dear oh...dear...oh...dear Wayne Swan!! What arrrhh you going to do next?? Juliar, this is just another fine mess you have got us into!!! Get your stupid fkn CO2 tax and shove it down that goose, Swan's throat! Not ours! Furthermore your cleanerenergyfuture, 20 pages of 'crap'!
Has wasted many, many $Millions of our dollars for nothing!
N.B. All of our non-recyclable garbage bins are overflowing onto our streets with your brainwashing propaganda!! Nobody wants it!!!
"THERE WILL BE NO CARBON TAX UNDER THE GOVERNMENT I LEAD"HON. GREG CO2MBET Friday 5 August, 2011 - 11:01 AM