- Treatment for back pain a placebo
- Downward spiral of dealing drugs
- Abbott copping Senate body blows
- John & Garry: Let the games begin
- Commonwealth Games in Glasgow
- Mortgage war: should you fix?
- MH17: the long journey home
- Joe Hockey wanted tougher budget?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greta on New Times for Weekend Shows Fantastic to hear Tim coming on earlier - love his show, has interesting segments, would love to hear more of the gardening ... more
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
Shares plunge: recession warning?
Shares have plummeted back to GFC-levels as investors come to the realisation major world economies are headed for a downturn. Wall Street fell more than 4% per cent, wiping all gain from this year.
Tim Webster with Dr Chris Leithner on the path ahead for the world economy and what he feels are the reasons behind the problems being experienced on world financial markets.
Treasurer Wayne Swan has sought to calm the nerves of Australian investors following a big plunge on world markets overnight.
The Australian sharemarket has lost 4% of its value in the first hour of trade with bank, retail and some mining stocks among the losers.
But Wayne Swan says the fundamentals of the Australian economy are strong compared to the problems the globe is facing.
Some leading economists say the futures market is being "too pesimistic" by suggesting interest rates could drop by a full one per cent by early next year.
Futures traders are reflecting the rout on global sharemarkets, amid fears the US and Europe could soon fall into another recession.
The Reserve expects Australia's economic growth to slow this year, but they're predicting the situation will improve by mid-2012.
Chris Caton from BT says despite the problems, rates will remain steady rather than fall.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
!!I KNEW IT !!
This Red Grim Reeper,would Bring us to a Resession,have always Predicted they would,
it would suprise me,if we did not go into a Huge Resession.Hide Your Dollars.
!! As All They Know How To Do,Is SPEND SPEND SPEND & TAX TAX TAX..
They are Digging Themselves Such a Big Hole...AUSTRALIA will Never Ever Recover From
What They Have Done To This Beautifull Country.
With All thier!! CHEATING And LYING !!Tricia Saturday 6 August, 2011 - 7:55 PM
Well said Justin J, that goose swan is #ucking up our country and laughing all the way to the bank. Like Gillard, this goose is a disgrace.
They are all like that, have a look at bludger Rudd, never worked in his miserable life. Except for operating a paper shredder at nights in Qld.
I think Justin J should be DPM.Abdullah Abdullah Saturday 6 August, 2011 - 7:45 PM
Wayne Swan has never had a real job where one works in the real world and earns his or her pay. This bastard has been a life long failed academic. I personally regard him as unemployable. Just watch when his rotten labor party/greens party gets booted, he will head back to some poor gullible University to give him a 'yes' man's job. An utter fool of a man he is in every way.Justin J Friday 5 August, 2011 - 8:57 PM
Things go up and down in stock market shares etc. history shows us these things and we learn from it. Do we want to have SWANNY & JU-LIAR running the ship when things are crook, No Thank You they are only going to make things worse, as their record shows. History is a wonderful reference!Peter B Friday 5 August, 2011 - 1:57 PM
On the one hand, this country is in the grip of a World Financial Crisis... so we have to get these stimulus packages going... insulation, schools, bruadband, black boxes for tv's, and heaps of Public Servants (they hate being called that) to make sure there is noone to blame when the stimulus crap fails.
On the other hand, we are located in the Asia Pacific and ...growth has remained strong... According to this dork who is our Treasurer,
We were not involved in the
bloody financial crisis.
But it gave Gillard the opportunity to push her Socialist agenda... knowing she has only one chance as caretaker Prime Minister.
How much longer will it be for this country to be declared a Communist State?Wobblyone Friday 5 August, 2011 - 11:11 AM
Dear oh...dear...oh...dear Wayne Swan!! What arrrhh you going to do next?? Juliar, this is just another fine mess you have got us into!!! Get your stupid fkn CO2 tax and shove it down that goose, Swan's throat! Not ours! Furthermore your cleanerenergyfuture, 20 pages of 'crap'!
Has wasted many, many $Millions of our dollars for nothing!
N.B. All of our non-recyclable garbage bins are overflowing onto our streets with your brainwashing propaganda!! Nobody wants it!!!
"THERE WILL BE NO CARBON TAX UNDER THE GOVERNMENT I LEAD"HON. GREG CO2MBET Friday 5 August, 2011 - 11:01 AM