- 20-years for violent toddler murder
- Alcohol abuse: the wake-up call
- Greens Senator denies asylum stirring
- Ray 'Rabbits' Warren: The Voice
- Clive Palmer calls for fresh elections
- John & Garry on 2UE Breakfast
- Move Sydney buses to center-lanes?
- A Fair Go for Seniors - Forum
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gary on No place to top up Opal cards? I've had a Opal card for months, fantastic, best thing ever for public transport. I ordered it online, it arrived in the ... more
- James on Veggie garden for Pyrmont Bridge? Typical. Despite the inordinate number of junkets to places like Japan where they have rules to manage crowds which everyone ... more
- NOT SURPRISED... on Moree shooting: tension in the bush In my dealings with some very arrogant government departments, they can be quite rude and show little tact, often they make ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Warning on home grown terror But hang on a minute islam is such a bloody "peaceful religion" so what is Attorney-General George Brandis so damned ... more
- Greg O on Sydney facing homeless challenge New public housing estates look very impressive but there is never enough of them. It seems to be a case of we either give ... more
- James W on Parliament House $800 doorknob? Yeah, they must be punished for leaving us with a 3 X AAA rated economy and continuing on the 20 odd years of unbroken ... more
- Angela Coombes on Parliament House $800 doorknob? What about the framed portraits of Gillard and Rudd within the National Parliament - I would prefer just blank frames ... more
- Samuel J James on Work for Dole rules far too strict? @Sloppy Joe Hokey - you are 1000% correct. Simply put, it is government of the money, by the money for the money indeed! Of ... more
- Samuel J on PMs frustration over access to MH17 The ex KGB thug, presently the so called President of Russia has been as helpful regarding the recovery of the bodies of the ... more
- Terrence on Work for the dole doesn't work They ought to get Abbott do 40 applications and see what it is like. This guy has no clue how to run the government and ... more
- Terrence on PM discusses the issues on 2UE Abbott is trying his best to milk this so his unpopular budget and his lies and deceit do not stay in the headlines. It does ... more
- ahmed on No place to top up Opal cards? Typical third world Sydney transport solution.Why didnt they think of the opal card years ago and iron out problems before ... more
- alfredo on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Clover Moore and Alex Greenwich are the type of pollies this country really needs!! more
- paulo on Sydney facing homeless challenge Housing should be a human right.The government should make rules that require building companies to build cheap housing ... more
- Cleangirl on Sydney Art: what do you think? Much too much money, and I thought Art was something to appreciate, something not just anyone can do and something clever. more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? As for FTA's, the fact is Australia is a net exporter to the countries that we have an FTA with. So we sell more than we ... more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Pick on the rich tax dodgers.Unfortunately the facts don't support your claim, the truth is the top 20% of tax payers are ... more
- Robyn on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Could be a shapely woman more
- Norman Hanscombe on McClymont: He who must be Obeid As someone who began working on ALP Polling Booths over 70 years ago, it's sad that we need journalists like Kate McClymont ... more
- Ben on No place to top up Opal cards? How can a train station NOT sell an Opal ticket? Who planned that????Also, these tickets need to be anonymous like any train ... more
Shooting death at Punchbowl
A Punchbowl man is dead following the fourth shooting in Sydney in just 24 hours. 28-year-old Bashir Arja known as Barry and only recently engaged, has been gunned down outside his Owen Street home.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
A bullet was also fired on Shadeforth Street in Mosman last night during an argument at a unit block.
The gun violence follows two-shootings yesterday morning, one involving the Hells Angels bikie gang at Cherrybrook and another at Milperra.
Sydney police have confirmed a man - shot dead outside his home at Punchbowl - was known to them.
Police think it was targetted attack - and haven't ruled out links to bikie gangs.
Detective Superintendent Michael McLean says they're looking into the minutes leading up to his death.
Police crackdown on shoplifters ahead of Christmas. Just how far do some people go to steal? You'll be shocked by what is revealed thieves get up to with Luke Bona and Charter Security's Mike Ramsay.
Experts are warning adults to keep up their vaccinations against whooping cough, with cases now their highest on record. More than 13,000 people have been affected across New South Wales in the past year.
@true blue posting here - I fully agree with you. Indeed, with the trash that Gillard and comrades have allowed to illegally enter our country, I predict that the many with discarded criminal records, mental illness and other medical problems will become the new criminals in this country. Down the track, we will I assure you, have gated Cities to keep the rotten criminal mongrels out! Australia today and its future - I am utterly disgusted.Samuel Kyrikos Friday 21 December, 2012 - 9:23 PM
How long too, before we have to start building high walls-borders around these damned places, just to keep them out?? Why do Labor persistently keep on ramming their failed multicultural crap down our throats? Concerned, torn Europe have woken up to all this but they are far too late. Liberal need to face the facts and take the appropriate action. We need migration with like minded people who will happily assimilate, thats just plain common sense, if you want things to run harmoniously???TRUE BLUE Thursday 20 December, 2012 - 8:18 PM
Punchbowl eh? Well say no more!Samuel Kyrikos Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 6:43 PM
Australia used to be such a peaceful and happy place... what ever happened!? There is obviously something fundamentally wrong with our disintegrating godless, gun-crazy & immoral society. Evidently our still politicians are in most cases just going with the damned rotten flow??
Wishing you All a Holy Christmas and a Blessed New Year 2013? N.B. Without the baby JESUS in our lives this is not possible! Bottom line-HE must Increase. We must Decrease...AMEN+EMMANUEL GLORIA Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 12:39 PM