- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- Anzac Day: will it always be sacred?
- Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets?
- Angela Catterns with Tina Arena
- Foy Vance talks on Joy of Nothing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
- Craig on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? As for Hockeys nasty GP co-payment, I heard him on radio recently and when asked if he paid his doctor extra money now? ... more
- Greg O on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Since when was our "free" medical system free? Someone else has always had to pay for it. Even back in day one when the ... more
- Jane M. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Has anyone yet asked silly big Joe Hockey, what is the doctor supposed to do, when those sick people in distress with a bad ... more
- Tangled Web on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor According to the old Bill Shorten; â??I have full confidence in Craig Thomsonâ??. Bill Shorten (Aug 2011): Craig Thomson ... more
- Eric (From the West) on When is the flu just a cold? Re: Stuart Bockings comments about a second airport affecting property values. The reality is that we don't know what will ... more
- Tangled Web on Shorten calls for Labor Party reforms Evidently that insincere, plastic Bill Shorten is not all that bright and he is not lonely either. If Labor have nothing ... more
- Tangled Web on When is the flu just a cold? Thanks, that was somewhat informative. We all had a very bad, highly contagious flu like virus in late January and it ... more
- Anonymous on Father's fight to see his daughter Poor Andrew is correct. Way back in 1987 I divorced my very cruel, hate filled wife. Subsequently for the next 20+ years, ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: reflecting recent battles Amazingly, there are some elements around who still call themselves Australians. They are so ungrateful to our brave ... more
- Tangled Web on William & Kate head to Uluru I am trying my very best, but I just can't get excited about all of this media attention on the royal ... more
- Tangled Web on Baird reshuffle - winners and losers? Lets just hope, that the replacement premier is not just another expensive Grange wine drinker with a bad memory too? And ... more
- Tangled Web on Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks? @Keith A Tudor is obviously correct, how much longer will we accommodate all of this destructive drunkenness? Lets just see ... more
Shooting death at Punchbowl
A Punchbowl man is dead following the fourth shooting in Sydney in just 24 hours. 28-year-old Bashir Arja known as Barry and only recently engaged, has been gunned down outside his Owen Street home.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
A bullet was also fired on Shadeforth Street in Mosman last night during an argument at a unit block.
The gun violence follows two-shootings yesterday morning, one involving the Hells Angels bikie gang at Cherrybrook and another at Milperra.
Sydney police have confirmed a man - shot dead outside his home at Punchbowl - was known to them.
Police think it was targetted attack - and haven't ruled out links to bikie gangs.
Detective Superintendent Michael McLean says they're looking into the minutes leading up to his death.
Police crackdown on shoplifters ahead of Christmas. Just how far do some people go to steal? You'll be shocked by what is revealed thieves get up to with Luke Bona and Charter Security's Mike Ramsay.
Experts are warning adults to keep up their vaccinations against whooping cough, with cases now their highest on record. More than 13,000 people have been affected across New South Wales in the past year.
@true blue posting here - I fully agree with you. Indeed, with the trash that Gillard and comrades have allowed to illegally enter our country, I predict that the many with discarded criminal records, mental illness and other medical problems will become the new criminals in this country. Down the track, we will I assure you, have gated Cities to keep the rotten criminal mongrels out! Australia today and its future - I am utterly disgusted.Samuel Kyrikos Friday 21 December, 2012 - 9:23 PM
How long too, before we have to start building high walls-borders around these damned places, just to keep them out?? Why do Labor persistently keep on ramming their failed multicultural crap down our throats? Concerned, torn Europe have woken up to all this but they are far too late. Liberal need to face the facts and take the appropriate action. We need migration with like minded people who will happily assimilate, thats just plain common sense, if you want things to run harmoniously???TRUE BLUE Thursday 20 December, 2012 - 8:18 PM
Punchbowl eh? Well say no more!Samuel Kyrikos Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 6:43 PM
Australia used to be such a peaceful and happy place... what ever happened!? There is obviously something fundamentally wrong with our disintegrating godless, gun-crazy & immoral society. Evidently our still politicians are in most cases just going with the damned rotten flow??
Wishing you All a Holy Christmas and a Blessed New Year 2013? N.B. Without the baby JESUS in our lives this is not possible! Bottom line-HE must Increase. We must Decrease...AMEN+EMMANUEL GLORIA Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 12:39 PM