- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- Canadian attack Canberra wake-up
- Horrific scenes of animal cruelty
- Love a garage sale bargain?
- Pyrmont bridge shared path dangers
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Truck crash at traffic hotspot I wish various authorities and media would stop calling these smashes involving trucks as 'accidents'. In almost every case ... more
- Tony on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM What a Tool!Lets hope one of the first things the SAS do in Iraq is to make this idiots day! more
- Realistic on The Whisper: Waste at Tafe Surprise surprise, long ago, thirty years back the Liberal NSW Education Minister Terry Metherell rightly said that TAFE was ... more
- ETERNITY... on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam Well Australia can thank Gough Whitlam and Al Grassby and indeed the Labor party for so called multicultural Sydney. more
- Laura on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
Single parent anger at new changes
Since January 1, people whose youngest child turned 8 are no longer eligible for single parenting payments and moved onto a lower Newstart allowance. Jason Morrison with one parent fighting the move.
An organiser of a protest rally outside Parliament House next month, Samantha Seymour, says the concession card helped her with pharmaceutical, public transport and utility costs.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Gillard government has drawn the ire of welfare and community groups by moving single parents onto the Newstart allowance when their youngest child turns eight, regardless of when they started receiving payments.
In 2006, the former Howard government began the process but ensured eligible parents who were already receiving the payments could continue to do so until their youngest child turned 16.
This exemption has now been closed in a bid to save the federal budget more than $700 million over four years.
The move to Newstart will mean the maximum support drops by $65 to about $267 a week. Newstart also has stricter rules about how much additional income a person can earn before the allowance is reduced. (Via SMH).
Johannes further get rid of sperm donation totally, a lot of money for nothing from the public purse, put it towards Blood donation.mick Tuesday 15 January, 2013 - 1:48 PM
Johannes why are the mothers not paying at all when fathers are custodians of the children, or why should fathers pay the mother and the mother not pay the fathers when it is equal and joint custody. Why is it there is no checking, because the alimony paid is not being spent on the kids.mick Tuesday 15 January, 2013 - 1:44 PM
If you are going to hit the lowest earners in the country with a reduction like this, then there is absolutely no justification to then give it away to cashed up kids as a first home loaners grant, nor can you justify giving it away as a baby bonus. As a taxpayer, the whole idea is to give our money to people who need it to stay alive, not to people who want babies & houses. Maybe keeping your family safe & fed isn't a primary priority any more. Mind you, be very clear that this wouldn't be happening if there weren't so many scabrous dole cheats. They've partially caused this, so thank them as well.Coasty Tuesday 15 January, 2013 - 8:17 AM
Contemporaneously these lying commo Labor hypocrites are donating and squandering countless$ billions of dollars [borrowed from communist China] to countries who obviously dislike us but love our money! Thus Labor have no money left for struggling Aussies needing our urgent help.www.abortiontruth.com Monday 14 January, 2013 - 8:20 PM
Why aren`t the fathers paying their share to the single mothers, even sperm donors snould be required to list their names on their childs birth certificates.
That`ll stop any unnessacary payments pronto, and the kids will know who their Daddy is.Johannes. Monday 14 January, 2013 - 7:28 PM