- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Single parent anger at new changes
Since January 1, people whose youngest child turned 8 are no longer eligible for single parenting payments and moved onto a lower Newstart allowance. Jason Morrison with one parent fighting the move.
An organiser of a protest rally outside Parliament House next month, Samantha Seymour, says the concession card helped her with pharmaceutical, public transport and utility costs.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Gillard government has drawn the ire of welfare and community groups by moving single parents onto the Newstart allowance when their youngest child turns eight, regardless of when they started receiving payments.
In 2006, the former Howard government began the process but ensured eligible parents who were already receiving the payments could continue to do so until their youngest child turned 16.
This exemption has now been closed in a bid to save the federal budget more than $700 million over four years.
The move to Newstart will mean the maximum support drops by $65 to about $267 a week. Newstart also has stricter rules about how much additional income a person can earn before the allowance is reduced. (Via SMH).
Johannes further get rid of sperm donation totally, a lot of money for nothing from the public purse, put it towards Blood donation.mick Tuesday 15 January, 2013 - 1:48 PM
Johannes why are the mothers not paying at all when fathers are custodians of the children, or why should fathers pay the mother and the mother not pay the fathers when it is equal and joint custody. Why is it there is no checking, because the alimony paid is not being spent on the kids.mick Tuesday 15 January, 2013 - 1:44 PM
If you are going to hit the lowest earners in the country with a reduction like this, then there is absolutely no justification to then give it away to cashed up kids as a first home loaners grant, nor can you justify giving it away as a baby bonus. As a taxpayer, the whole idea is to give our money to people who need it to stay alive, not to people who want babies & houses. Maybe keeping your family safe & fed isn't a primary priority any more. Mind you, be very clear that this wouldn't be happening if there weren't so many scabrous dole cheats. They've partially caused this, so thank them as well.Coasty Tuesday 15 January, 2013 - 8:17 AM
Contemporaneously these lying commo Labor hypocrites are donating and squandering countless$ billions of dollars [borrowed from communist China] to countries who obviously dislike us but love our money! Thus Labor have no money left for struggling Aussies needing our urgent help.www.abortiontruth.com Monday 14 January, 2013 - 8:20 PM
Why aren`t the fathers paying their share to the single mothers, even sperm donors snould be required to list their names on their childs birth certificates.
That`ll stop any unnessacary payments pronto, and the kids will know who their Daddy is.Johannes. Monday 14 January, 2013 - 7:28 PM