- Facing the unknowns in Middle East
- Blind man refused mobile phone?
- When do you tell kids bad news?
- Climate: are we serious enough?
- Ray Martin on ex-PM Julia Gillard
- Lonely Planet's East Coast picks
- Career checkups for over 50's
- Pamela Stevenson on Brazouka
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Vince on New terror laws to prohibit torture Torture sounds rather humane compared to what these bastards are dishing out overseas. more
- I propose new Middle East laws on Not in the name of religion 50 years of relentless vicious abuse is enough. I will not stand idly by and allow that abuse to destroy the next generation ... more
- Robert on Not in the name of religion Not about religion? Yeah right. You keep telling yourself that Tim. Its about Islam mate, take the blinkers off. more
- Join the Q Society on Not in the name of religion Tim, this is pure IslamQuran 8:12ShakirWhen your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who ... more
- Davo on Not in the name of religion Nailed it Tim. more
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
Skaf gang member weekend leave?
A member of the notorious Bilal Skaf gang will undertake weekend leave for a few months before his release. Mohamed Sanoussi was part of a gang of 14 men involved in the gang-rape of a young woman in 2000.
The Parole Authority has indicated its intention to release him next year, but in the meantime has extended his day leave to one weekend a fortnight.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Is Malcolm Turnbull our Bill Clinton? Labor supporters would vote for him and the Liberal conservatives would think twice? Stuart Bocking discusses the MPs chances of becoming PM with SMHs Elizabeth Farrelly.
Guy Sebastian is back with his much anticipated sixth studio album which is interestingly titled Armageddon. Stuart Bocking talks with the multi-platinum singer about the title and his duet with Lupe Fiasco.
Why does everyone scream and jump up and down when a high profile prisoner gets weekend leave or parole? All prisoners are subjected to the same set of rules. They are not singled out for special treatment just because they come into gaol in a blaze of publicity. If they meet the requirements for a particular program like weekend leave, they will get it. If they don't they won't. Every prisoner currently in gaol with the exception of a couple of dozen is going to get released one day. If we don't like the release arrangements then the time to complain and get a few changes made is now before anyone else is sentenced. It is no use being shocked and outraged when the inevitable happens near the end of a sentence.Greg O Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 8:48 PM
how can the parole board allow this savage on to the streets its an outrage,what do think the girl would be feeling about this news.steve Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 4:51 PM