- McClymont: He who must be Obeid
- Terror links to Aussies in Syria
- The Whisper: personality politicians
- Confronting the heartbreak of abuse
- PM discusses the issues on 2UE
- What to call the new CBD sculpture?
- David Suchet: The Last Confession
- Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Loudon Cleary on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Artless, ugly, a mindless scribble that must have taken all of 30 seconds to conceive and draw. Jorn Utzen, where are you? more
- Join the Q Society on No place to top up Opal cards? I can't even find out how much want to charge me to buy one to get the honour of paying for a ride! more
- Jan McTiernan on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD It looks like it could be a lightening conductor.I hope no one dies from it.Cannot see it being a big tourist attraction. more
- Cleangirl on What to call the new CBD sculpture? The Wilted Clover. more
- Cleangirl on Work for Dole rules far too strict? You can`t have these guys doing nothing. Send the long termers off to pick fruit for 6 week stints, others to take up those ... more
- fabio on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Cheap CRUSADE against unemployed!Pick on the rich tax dodgers more
- Samuel J on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Well, I don't think it is a caricature of the shape of Clover Moore - it is more of a bastardised shape of body of Marilyn ... more
- carole on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD What a complete waste of our money. God save us from idiots.. more
- Laura on No place to top up Opal cards? Why hasn't the Govt. organised a solution regarding the purchase of OPAL tickets? this is a nightmare for all commuters ... more
- Mike on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD LooksÂ like Clover Moores brain and just as empty more
- James W on Work for the dole doesn't work Abetz tells Brisbane that a face to face meeting with an enployer is the proper way to apply for a job. 40 meetings a month ... more
- Paul Barnham on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD What a waste of money. I think it has a touch of the "Emperors new clothes" more
- Sean on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Giant Tapeworm!Inject it into all the clowns at the council who decided to block up the streets with this ridiculous, ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Work for the dole doesn't work From what I can see, so called "volunteers" aka "work for the dole" in charities like Vinnies, Salvos, Smith Family etc is ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Evidently all of these so called "free trade agreements" have decimated our job market. The days are long gone where you ... more
- Tony on Work for the dole doesn't work Of course work for the dole will not work for those who don't want to work! more
- Jester4212 on No place to top up Opal cards? Even with our horrible 'Myki' travel solution in Melbourne we can still top up at all train stations.Forget about these auto ... more
- Greg O on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? This is the type of poll result that you get when far too many people think the qualities of a good Prime Minister are ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? Thank God for Tony Abbott. Imagine if Rudd the Dudd was still prime minister - he would be ringing Putin the Thug and ... more
- Keith A Tudor on PM polls are on the slide? Well said Sam and Tony! It is this breed of dole bludgers and others that want to live on government handouts fostered by ... more
Slush fund pressure on PM
The last sitting week of parliament and the Opposition will keep the pressure on the Prime Minister as Jason Morrison reveals the answers on fraudulent use of union money will dominate a brutal final week.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Paul Murray and Michael Pachi look at the Prime Minister’s press conference and answers in question time about the allegations raise yet again about her time with Slater and Gordon.
Jason Morrison says the general consensus there has been no smoking gun, but this story is far from over. He speaks with SMH Political Correspondent Phillip Coorey about the PMs press conference and where the opposition will go with the story.
Changes to gender equality laws will enable more men to help working mums look after children. The Federal Government want companies to introduce flexible working hours for men and women and equal pay.
Toy retailers say once popular products like skinny skateboards and Furbys are making a comeback this Christmas. John Reddenback of Toy World tells John Stanley, older toys have been given an update.
@David, yes the utterly incompetent, indeed disgusting Gillard minority socialist 'government' has certainly changed the old saying "You pay peanuts you get monkeys." We rorted taxpayers have of course paid them a motza - more than $150K plus on costs for a damned backbenchers salary. And what do we get? By and large just damned incompetent low lifes lower than pigs!Justin Benson Friday 30 November, 2012 - 5:14 PM
yusuf claims "Australia is the most Islamic country i have been to." is clearly a complete oxymoron, obviously he has never been to an islamic country before? "Islamic values of fair go, justice, equality, compassion" tell me where on earth? Christianity, values of fair go, justice, equality, compassion are clearly Australian. Christian values taken from the Ten Commandments, absolutely nothing to do with the much later islam beginning, 640 A.C. Merry Christmas.Jana Friday 30 November, 2012 - 3:13 PM
@Justin Benson well said and yes indeed one could easily see the connections here. A Royal Commission is obviously needed and in a very big hurry.Heather Friday 30 November, 2012 - 2:47 PM
I trust the Victorian Police investigation into the AWU Slush Fund and other associated fraud will be expedited. Not like the so called slack indeed, sickening investigation into by another labor party boofhead Craig Thompson.Justin Benson Friday 30 November, 2012 - 8:28 AM
And to think we gave them large pay rises over the last few years, in the hope that would encourage more able people to be politicians. All they've done is make the current ones think they are doing a good job. Ha, Ha, Bloody Ha!David T. Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 5:25 PM
Never let it be forgotten that Mr Ralph Blewitt and Mr Bruce Wilson were once Madame Jul-liar's friend and lover respectively. Her argument that she was young and naive does not hold water! I trust the Victoria Police investigation will proceed with uninterrupted efficiency!Luigi T Cassimatis Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 2:14 PM