- Teacher charged with indecent assault
- Sports Today: clash of heavyweights
- Felipe Massa Grand Prix favourite?
- The best spins of the news week
- Flu season hitting early this year?
- How will credit changes affect you?
- Late doctors should give discounts?
- Sydney's worst traffic snarl spots?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jester4212 on Late doctors should give discounts? Agreed, very good point. Even appointments I've had first thing in the morning have been met with delay as the doctor has ... more
- Cleangirl on Buy local: vote with your wallet New car buyers cringed at buying an Australian car, so I`m glad they`ll at least buy Australian fruit from Coca-Cola Amital. more
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
Smart meters: bills will skyrocket?
Jason Morrison looks at the new smart meters that are coming to every home and unit to measure your electricity usage in peak and off peak times. Is it to hit you hard in the peak times and have you pay more?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Media icon Ita Buttrose says she never thought as a copy girl back in the 1950's she could be Australian of the Year. Murray Olds speaks with her, now in the running for the honour after winning the NSW award.
Jason Morrison says he is sick and tired of hearing the complaints about the lack of money we are paying immigrants, some of who have come here illegally. He points out those studying are getting less money.
Smart meters are bad news. They produce high levels of microwave radiation and give power companies the ability to remotely switch off your power.Robert Friday 30 November, 2012 - 12:39 PM
A solar installation expert told me that `Smart Meters` are smart only for electricity providers. He said the meters analyse how and when the electricity consumer uses the supply, and in so doing, enabling the provider to charge the maximum rate at whatever time the consumer uses that power. So it doesn`t matter what modifications the meter-informed consumer uses to reduce costs, the Smart Meter `out-smarts` them by circumventing that!Cath Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 4:04 PM
Forget the smart meters, lets get some smart politicians! What is happening to our tumultuous falling country, our essential electricity energy use has got way out of hand with inept weak greedy politicians looking to make problems excuses when there are no problems! What is wrong with these bastard people? Clearly our electricity and gas is now so overpriced it needs to be reduced by +50% and as for Labors anthropogenic global warming scamming government excuse spin doctors merely there to rake in the money for the corrupt U.N. they can all go to hell. Australia is blessed with virtually unlimited coal and clean uranium resources for our use and here we have that lying stupid hypocritical idiot Juliar Gillard stopping us using our very own coal and uranium that would enable us to use very reasonably priced electricity once again for our icy cold homes and for our battling businesses, with this traitor hypocrite Gillard cheaply selling-off our best coal to damned China and our uranium to whoever for their use while we sit here freezing cold, unable to afford electricity, waiting for Labors' absurd global warming to come to our land. I note recently thousands of people in Europe literally froze to death, so where is Labor's global warming? People need to wake up we are being conned, white-anted by Labor who are obviously not interested in Australians welfare. Furthermore that so called ridiculous self-serving obedient to the government IPART are making the horrible pricing problem worse for us. Sack IPART and let the people HONESTLY decide the damned rices of everything, otherwise we are completely kaput.JULIARRR Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 9:20 AM