- Sydney facing homeless challenge
- NRL Monopoly: twitter goes viral
- Australia's record games gold haul
- Loo with a view a step too far?
- Sydney Art: what do you think?
- McClymont: He who must be Obeid
- Terror links to Aussies in Syria
- The Whisper: personality politicians
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Australia's record games gold haul This is the best news story and 'reality' TV in the last two weeks, will be sorry when it's all over, so proud of our ... more
- Tony on Terror links to Aussies in Syria Does anybody really think that these lowlife scum of the earth will ever see the inside of an Australian prision? What the ... more
- Loudon Cleary on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Artless, ugly, a mindless scribble that must have taken all of 30 seconds to conceive and draw. Jorn Utzen, where are you? more
- Join the Q Society on No place to top up Opal cards? I can't even find out how much want to charge me to buy one to get the honour of paying for a ride! more
- Jan McTiernan on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD It looks like it could be a lightening conductor.I hope no one dies from it.Cannot see it being a big tourist attraction. more
- Cleangirl on What to call the new CBD sculpture? The Wilted Clover. more
- Cleangirl on Work for Dole rules far too strict? You can`t have these guys doing nothing. Send the long termers off to pick fruit for 6 week stints, others to take up those ... more
- fabio on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Cheap CRUSADE against unemployed!Pick on the rich tax dodgers more
- Samuel J on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Well, I don't think it is a caricature of the shape of Clover Moore - it is more of a bastardised shape of body of Marilyn ... more
- carole on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD What a complete waste of our money. God save us from idiots.. more
- Laura on No place to top up Opal cards? Why hasn't the Govt. organised a solution regarding the purchase of OPAL tickets? this is a nightmare for all commuters ... more
- Mike on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD LooksÂ like Clover Moores brain and just as empty more
- James W on Work for the dole doesn't work Abetz tells Brisbane that a face to face meeting with an enployer is the proper way to apply for a job. 40 meetings a month ... more
- Paul Barnham on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD What a waste of money. I think it has a touch of the "Emperors new clothes" more
- Sean on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Giant Tapeworm!Inject it into all the clowns at the council who decided to block up the streets with this ridiculous, ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Work for the dole doesn't work From what I can see, so called "volunteers" aka "work for the dole" in charities like Vinnies, Salvos, Smith Family etc is ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Evidently all of these so called "free trade agreements" have decimated our job market. The days are long gone where you ... more
- Tony on Work for the dole doesn't work Of course work for the dole will not work for those who don't want to work! more
- Jester4212 on No place to top up Opal cards? Even with our horrible 'Myki' travel solution in Melbourne we can still top up at all train stations.Forget about these auto ... more
- Greg O on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? This is the type of poll result that you get when far too many people think the qualities of a good Prime Minister are ... more
Smart meters: bills will skyrocket?
Jason Morrison looks at the new smart meters that are coming to every home and unit to measure your electricity usage in peak and off peak times. Is it to hit you hard in the peak times and have you pay more?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Media icon Ita Buttrose says she never thought as a copy girl back in the 1950's she could be Australian of the Year. Murray Olds speaks with her, now in the running for the honour after winning the NSW award.
Jason Morrison says he is sick and tired of hearing the complaints about the lack of money we are paying immigrants, some of who have come here illegally. He points out those studying are getting less money.
Smart meters are bad news. They produce high levels of microwave radiation and give power companies the ability to remotely switch off your power.Robert Friday 30 November, 2012 - 12:39 PM
A solar installation expert told me that `Smart Meters` are smart only for electricity providers. He said the meters analyse how and when the electricity consumer uses the supply, and in so doing, enabling the provider to charge the maximum rate at whatever time the consumer uses that power. So it doesn`t matter what modifications the meter-informed consumer uses to reduce costs, the Smart Meter `out-smarts` them by circumventing that!Cath Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 4:04 PM
Forget the smart meters, lets get some smart politicians! What is happening to our tumultuous falling country, our essential electricity energy use has got way out of hand with inept weak greedy politicians looking to make problems excuses when there are no problems! What is wrong with these bastard people? Clearly our electricity and gas is now so overpriced it needs to be reduced by +50% and as for Labors anthropogenic global warming scamming government excuse spin doctors merely there to rake in the money for the corrupt U.N. they can all go to hell. Australia is blessed with virtually unlimited coal and clean uranium resources for our use and here we have that lying stupid hypocritical idiot Juliar Gillard stopping us using our very own coal and uranium that would enable us to use very reasonably priced electricity once again for our icy cold homes and for our battling businesses, with this traitor hypocrite Gillard cheaply selling-off our best coal to damned China and our uranium to whoever for their use while we sit here freezing cold, unable to afford electricity, waiting for Labors' absurd global warming to come to our land. I note recently thousands of people in Europe literally froze to death, so where is Labor's global warming? People need to wake up we are being conned, white-anted by Labor who are obviously not interested in Australians welfare. Furthermore that so called ridiculous self-serving obedient to the government IPART are making the horrible pricing problem worse for us. Sack IPART and let the people HONESTLY decide the damned rices of everything, otherwise we are completely kaput.JULIARRR Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 9:20 AM