- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- Anzac Day: will it always be sacred?
- Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets?
- Angela Catterns with Tina Arena
- Foy Vance talks on Joy of Nothing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
- Craig on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? As for Hockeys nasty GP co-payment, I heard him on radio recently and when asked if he paid his doctor extra money now? ... more
- Greg O on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Since when was our "free" medical system free? Someone else has always had to pay for it. Even back in day one when the ... more
- Jane M. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Has anyone yet asked silly big Joe Hockey, what is the doctor supposed to do, when those sick people in distress with a bad ... more
- Tangled Web on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor According to the old Bill Shorten; â??I have full confidence in Craig Thomsonâ??. Bill Shorten (Aug 2011): Craig Thomson ... more
- Eric (From the West) on When is the flu just a cold? Re: Stuart Bockings comments about a second airport affecting property values. The reality is that we don't know what will ... more
- Tangled Web on Shorten calls for Labor Party reforms Evidently that insincere, plastic Bill Shorten is not all that bright and he is not lonely either. If Labor have nothing ... more
- Tangled Web on When is the flu just a cold? Thanks, that was somewhat informative. We all had a very bad, highly contagious flu like virus in late January and it ... more
- Anonymous on Father's fight to see his daughter Poor Andrew is correct. Way back in 1987 I divorced my very cruel, hate filled wife. Subsequently for the next 20+ years, ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: reflecting recent battles Amazingly, there are some elements around who still call themselves Australians. They are so ungrateful to our brave ... more
- Tangled Web on William & Kate head to Uluru I am trying my very best, but I just can't get excited about all of this media attention on the royal ... more
- Tangled Web on Baird reshuffle - winners and losers? Lets just hope, that the replacement premier is not just another expensive Grange wine drinker with a bad memory too? And ... more
- Tangled Web on Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks? @Keith A Tudor is obviously correct, how much longer will we accommodate all of this destructive drunkenness? Lets just see ... more
Smart meters: bills will skyrocket?
Jason Morrison looks at the new smart meters that are coming to every home and unit to measure your electricity usage in peak and off peak times. Is it to hit you hard in the peak times and have you pay more?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Media icon Ita Buttrose says she never thought as a copy girl back in the 1950's she could be Australian of the Year. Murray Olds speaks with her, now in the running for the honour after winning the NSW award.
Jason Morrison says he is sick and tired of hearing the complaints about the lack of money we are paying immigrants, some of who have come here illegally. He points out those studying are getting less money.
Smart meters are bad news. They produce high levels of microwave radiation and give power companies the ability to remotely switch off your power.Robert Friday 30 November, 2012 - 12:39 PM
A solar installation expert told me that `Smart Meters` are smart only for electricity providers. He said the meters analyse how and when the electricity consumer uses the supply, and in so doing, enabling the provider to charge the maximum rate at whatever time the consumer uses that power. So it doesn`t matter what modifications the meter-informed consumer uses to reduce costs, the Smart Meter `out-smarts` them by circumventing that!Cath Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 4:04 PM
Forget the smart meters, lets get some smart politicians! What is happening to our tumultuous falling country, our essential electricity energy use has got way out of hand with inept weak greedy politicians looking to make problems excuses when there are no problems! What is wrong with these bastard people? Clearly our electricity and gas is now so overpriced it needs to be reduced by +50% and as for Labors anthropogenic global warming scamming government excuse spin doctors merely there to rake in the money for the corrupt U.N. they can all go to hell. Australia is blessed with virtually unlimited coal and clean uranium resources for our use and here we have that lying stupid hypocritical idiot Juliar Gillard stopping us using our very own coal and uranium that would enable us to use very reasonably priced electricity once again for our icy cold homes and for our battling businesses, with this traitor hypocrite Gillard cheaply selling-off our best coal to damned China and our uranium to whoever for their use while we sit here freezing cold, unable to afford electricity, waiting for Labors' absurd global warming to come to our land. I note recently thousands of people in Europe literally froze to death, so where is Labor's global warming? People need to wake up we are being conned, white-anted by Labor who are obviously not interested in Australians welfare. Furthermore that so called ridiculous self-serving obedient to the government IPART are making the horrible pricing problem worse for us. Sack IPART and let the people HONESTLY decide the damned rices of everything, otherwise we are completely kaput.JULIARRR Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 9:20 AM