- Sneak peak at Sculptures by the Sea
- Farmers pay for supermarket wars
- Concerns for our parliament security
- Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped?
- Blue Poles: Gough's art legacy
- Angela's Pics: Your Spring Garden
- Walking again: the stem cell miracle
- Equip police with video cameras
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Truck crash at traffic hotspot I wish various authorities and media would stop calling these smashes involving trucks as 'accidents'. In almost every case ... more
- Tony on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM What a Tool!Lets hope one of the first things the SAS do in Iraq is to make this idiots day! more
- Realistic on The Whisper: Waste at Tafe Surprise surprise, long ago, thirty years back the Liberal NSW Education Minister Terry Metherell rightly said that TAFE was ... more
- ETERNITY... on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam Well Australia can thank Gough Whitlam and Al Grassby and indeed the Labor party for so called multicultural Sydney. more
- Laura on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on The Whisper: where burqa ban began France saw fit to ban the burqa but "sorry" Australia did not? more
- Raumann Gagnon on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A great leader , a warm friend . Always honest in what he did and said . Faithful to his beliefs and ideas . He shall be ... more
- REALISTIC on Drivers not tested for cocaine use? Well that explains all of the constant madness and road rage etc going on in our streets...so what are our invisible 'police ... more
- CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Fight continues to keep Baghdad We really should be evacuating the horribly persecuted christians and leaving the muslims to fight it out, like they have ... more
Smart meters: bills will skyrocket?
Jason Morrison looks at the new smart meters that are coming to every home and unit to measure your electricity usage in peak and off peak times. Is it to hit you hard in the peak times and have you pay more?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Media icon Ita Buttrose says she never thought as a copy girl back in the 1950's she could be Australian of the Year. Murray Olds speaks with her, now in the running for the honour after winning the NSW award.
Jason Morrison says he is sick and tired of hearing the complaints about the lack of money we are paying immigrants, some of who have come here illegally. He points out those studying are getting less money.
Smart meters are bad news. They produce high levels of microwave radiation and give power companies the ability to remotely switch off your power.Robert Friday 30 November, 2012 - 12:39 PM
A solar installation expert told me that `Smart Meters` are smart only for electricity providers. He said the meters analyse how and when the electricity consumer uses the supply, and in so doing, enabling the provider to charge the maximum rate at whatever time the consumer uses that power. So it doesn`t matter what modifications the meter-informed consumer uses to reduce costs, the Smart Meter `out-smarts` them by circumventing that!Cath Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 4:04 PM
Forget the smart meters, lets get some smart politicians! What is happening to our tumultuous falling country, our essential electricity energy use has got way out of hand with inept weak greedy politicians looking to make problems excuses when there are no problems! What is wrong with these bastard people? Clearly our electricity and gas is now so overpriced it needs to be reduced by +50% and as for Labors anthropogenic global warming scamming government excuse spin doctors merely there to rake in the money for the corrupt U.N. they can all go to hell. Australia is blessed with virtually unlimited coal and clean uranium resources for our use and here we have that lying stupid hypocritical idiot Juliar Gillard stopping us using our very own coal and uranium that would enable us to use very reasonably priced electricity once again for our icy cold homes and for our battling businesses, with this traitor hypocrite Gillard cheaply selling-off our best coal to damned China and our uranium to whoever for their use while we sit here freezing cold, unable to afford electricity, waiting for Labors' absurd global warming to come to our land. I note recently thousands of people in Europe literally froze to death, so where is Labor's global warming? People need to wake up we are being conned, white-anted by Labor who are obviously not interested in Australians welfare. Furthermore that so called ridiculous self-serving obedient to the government IPART are making the horrible pricing problem worse for us. Sack IPART and let the people HONESTLY decide the damned rices of everything, otherwise we are completely kaput.JULIARRR Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 9:20 AM