- Preview of Third Ashes Test
- Asylum seeker budget blowout
- NBN: Coalition's broken promise?
- Can you survive not telling a lie?
- Newsroom idol: Sarah vs Steve
- Cricket calendar: Live on 2UE in 2013-14
- Should the smack be banned?
- Public transport costs to rise
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- peter on NBN: Coalition's broken promise? how much faster would the internet be without all the spying on Australians and will this be sold off once it has been in ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Public transport costs to rise Here we go again, another disaster at the hands of the bumbling, indeed useless damned O'Farrell government. It would be ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Should the smack be banned? I have no confidence whatsoever in anything this hopeless, indeed useless UN mob have to say! I agree with Mr Abbott - we ... more
- Cleangirl on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 G.M America has just paid back with interest the bail-out money they got from the government. Why do we keep throwing out ... more
- Cleangirl on Should the smack be banned? No. Where do the P.C police want to stop ? Outlaw piercings, non-payment of pocket money, circumcision. Look at discipline ... more
- Robert on Should the smack be banned? The UN should butt out of our personal family lives and stop trying to push their global socialist agenda down our throats! ... more
- Jester4212 on Should the smack be banned? It should be at the discretion of the parent.This should not be a law enforced by the government. I agree with the PM's ... more
- Greg O on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 There was a time when we made everything in this country but that was back in the days when there was no other country that ... more
- James W on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Paul Murray - The Australians story about Holden and the Unions is an 'Opinion' piece, suggests it's not fact. I don't ... more
- Robert on End of Aussie car manufacturing? Why should anyone complain? You all wanted globalisation and here it is taking away jobs and sending our economy downhill to ... more
- Phil on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Classic case of Dutch Disease. Our Mining Sector - which we subsidise too, by the way - is pushing up the dollar making it ... more
- Samuel J on What angers you on Sydney roads? I utterly dislike tailgaters which effectively is 'menacing driving',then those boofheads with P plates who drive like ... more
- Ben on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Why do these workers get promised all this assistance when us normal working people are expected to fiend for ourselves?I, ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Move aside macaroon, eclair's here! Where are the ones for Diabetics? more
- Kimber on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Yes I voted Liberal but I don't think the entire blame sits with politics.I am very sorry for the workers but how many ... more
- Kimber on Christmas lights being knocked off? It not only brings joy for people to see the lights but also for the people who take the time to put them out. We have not ... more
- Kimber on Knockout: deadly game of the streets Talk about 'life imitating art' this is life imitating violent electronic games, these thugs have no handle on what's real ... more
- Keith A Tudor B.Ec on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 @ Joe posting here - too right it was the damned Unions and their unrelenting wage demands and so call enterprice bargaining ... more
- Samuel J on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 I blame none other than the greedy mob General Motors Chevrolet in Detroit and the Workers' Union for this decision. They ... more
- Joe on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Well done Australians. Clap, clap, clap. To all those who placed their cross over the LIBERAL box in the past election, be ... more
Smashing the people smugglers
Beefed up spy operations in Sri Lanka and closer maritime ties will help target people smuggling rackets. John Stanley speaks with Immigration Minister Chris Bowen about our new attack on illegal immigration.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The man in charge of the Gillard Government's panel examining asylum seeker issues says more lives will be lost at sea as the monsoon season starts
A parliamentary committee is hearing from retired Air Marshall Angus Houston and refugee advocates.
The panel has made a series of recommendations to try and stop the constant flow of asylum seekers, but as things stand illegal boats continue to arrive
Air Marshall Houston has told the commitee he fears the situation won't improve unless there's greater co-operation with other countries in the region
There are worldwide calls for gun control in the United States after the tragic Sandy Hook Elementary massacre which left 20 children & 6 teachers dead. John Stanley looks at just how relaxed the gun laws are.
A new opinion poll shows the Coalition would easily win a federal election, but Tony Abbott's popularity continues to suffer. The Nielsen poll has the Coalition leading Labor 52 to 48 after preferences.
There are plenty of houses in Sydney for sale that the Labor/Greens could borrow money for and buy to give to asylum seelers, whats the big deal, the houses need to be sold don`t they ? B. Brown.Jo Monday 17 December, 2012 - 9:36 PM
@Liar, if you go to Centrelink as you must have since you are most concerned about that aspect, you will surely see that most of the people there are white meaning older migrants such as yourself. The percentage of newer migrants in the dole queue is negligible. Look up the stats before you make your bigoted comments.Terrence Monday 17 December, 2012 - 8:20 PM
HULLO!! 90% of these so called "asylum seekers" are purposely throwing overboard their identifying passports and their very trackable mobile phones to fraudulently and blatantly deceive the stupid nodding wacky Labor government. Then to add insult to injury, 94% of them refuse to work and are long time Centrelink "clients" even after 5 years! Clearly it must be NO PASSPORT/NO ENTRY otherwise they can bugger off back to where they come from...JULIAR Monday 17 December, 2012 - 12:59 PM
The more phoney refugees Lie-ur can get on the payroll the better their chances of winning the minority vote. Why isn't it a No Papers - No Visa policy? These "Illegal" economic country shoppers are taking the Australian government for mugs!Peter Monday 17 December, 2012 - 11:14 AM
Its not just people smugglers that are the problem, its the people themselves. They are all taking part in the non-white invasion of our country and they know it!Robert Monday 17 December, 2012 - 11:12 AM
Obviously sabotaging Labor want and made the illegal boats to come here in the first place!! Traitorous Labor are not working in Australia's interests and should be charged with treason and put before a court. With a new thorough Liberal government, a Royal Commission is an absolute must, into this disgusting terribly rotten to the core evil Labor.Michelle Monday 17 December, 2012 - 10:58 AM