- Should we present our ID to vote?
- Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic
- Wicked musical returns to Sydney
- Drivers oblivious to their surrounds
- Man arrested in Melbourne raids
- Matt Moran on cooking for spring
- When to report a traffic bingle?
- Sydney's long hot fire season ahead
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- derbyiter on Tax: companies paying a fair share Well, that's the business end of TOWN,TAKEN CARE OF NOW !So, " WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO NOW DO THE SAME THING ON OUR FAT ... more
- The game changer on George Piggins: being too stubborn? South Sydney is a great part of a great city and a great state. South Sydney is a great football club. Unfortunately the ... more
- Keith Hanby on Price Hike: Reserve Our Gas It is about time the government of this country stuck up for this country anddo something to protect us,not other countrys. more
- James W on Tax: companies paying a fair share Us salary and wage earners are the plebs that will be footing the thick end of the repayment of stimulis debt whilst ... more
- GREED on Price Hike: Reserve Our Gas Prices used to be stable for over (10) ten years, now we are being gouged for nearly everything? Just because they can do ... more
- RATES ROADS & RUBBISH on North Sydney council suspension? Ditto inept, out of touch Holroyd Council, a bunch of losers looking for a green cause. The coming "amalgamation" will not ... more
- des polson on George Piggins: being too stubborn? Get off George's back. Has he not done enough for the club. We would not be talking about a 21st premiership if it was not ... more
- Gary Anderson on Ice devastating Sydney families The best way to tackle the ice problem is legalise marijuana, have very good education about oral cannabis use and ... more
- Ben on Landmark case on Free Range eggs I feel so sorry for all those poor chickens and I am disgusted that humans are such swines and think it is ok to do that to ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Lower the voting age to 16? For the best results, voting should be for mature, objective people only, who know how to critically think, the age should ... more
- Kevin on Gillard interview a tacky TV ad? Evidently Julia Gillard is a very troubled female of no substance and her darling Ray Martin hates the Australian flag? more
- Tejas on Testing 85c Bread - does it bounce? I didnt even know about that bounce test. But no surprise. Cheap is not always good. I wouldn't buy it. White bread is ... more
- Samuel J on Teen terror suspect had big plans? The ISIS and/or ISIL black rotten damned flag ought to be banned and anyone displaying it in Australia should be either ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Labor in lockstep over fighting ISIL We never learn by history do we? So why do we keep having ourselves on...fighting is in bred in these people, it has been ... more
- Cleangirl on Facing the unknowns in Middle East Ask Australian Moderates what if anything we should do to stop I.S. and then ask them what we should do with those returning ... more
- Join the Q Society on Climate: are we serious enough? I am still waiting for someone to out the mongrels that caused the climate change that produced the evil fossil fuels!The ... more
- Craig on Facing the unknowns in Middle East These actions are not about bringing peace.This war will go longer than any war in history and it has not even been declared ... more
- Craig on Climate: are we serious enough? No we are not serious enough, let's price electricity out the realm of everyone from the so called"middle" class down. ... more
- Vince on New terror laws to prohibit torture Torture sounds rather humane compared to what these bastards are dishing out overseas. more
- I propose new Middle East laws on Not in the name of religion 50 years of relentless vicious abuse is enough. I will not stand idly by and allow that abuse to destroy the next generation ... more
Smashing the people smugglers
Beefed up spy operations in Sri Lanka and closer maritime ties will help target people smuggling rackets. John Stanley speaks with Immigration Minister Chris Bowen about our new attack on illegal immigration.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The man in charge of the Gillard Government's panel examining asylum seeker issues says more lives will be lost at sea as the monsoon season starts
A parliamentary committee is hearing from retired Air Marshall Angus Houston and refugee advocates.
The panel has made a series of recommendations to try and stop the constant flow of asylum seekers, but as things stand illegal boats continue to arrive
Air Marshall Houston has told the commitee he fears the situation won't improve unless there's greater co-operation with other countries in the region
There are worldwide calls for gun control in the United States after the tragic Sandy Hook Elementary massacre which left 20 children & 6 teachers dead. John Stanley looks at just how relaxed the gun laws are.
A new opinion poll shows the Coalition would easily win a federal election, but Tony Abbott's popularity continues to suffer. The Nielsen poll has the Coalition leading Labor 52 to 48 after preferences.
There are plenty of houses in Sydney for sale that the Labor/Greens could borrow money for and buy to give to asylum seelers, whats the big deal, the houses need to be sold don`t they ? B. Brown.Jo Monday 17 December, 2012 - 9:36 PM
@Liar, if you go to Centrelink as you must have since you are most concerned about that aspect, you will surely see that most of the people there are white meaning older migrants such as yourself. The percentage of newer migrants in the dole queue is negligible. Look up the stats before you make your bigoted comments.Terrence Monday 17 December, 2012 - 8:20 PM
HULLO!! 90% of these so called "asylum seekers" are purposely throwing overboard their identifying passports and their very trackable mobile phones to fraudulently and blatantly deceive the stupid nodding wacky Labor government. Then to add insult to injury, 94% of them refuse to work and are long time Centrelink "clients" even after 5 years! Clearly it must be NO PASSPORT/NO ENTRY otherwise they can bugger off back to where they come from...JULIAR Monday 17 December, 2012 - 12:59 PM
The more phoney refugees Lie-ur can get on the payroll the better their chances of winning the minority vote. Why isn't it a No Papers - No Visa policy? These "Illegal" economic country shoppers are taking the Australian government for mugs!Peter Monday 17 December, 2012 - 11:14 AM
Its not just people smugglers that are the problem, its the people themselves. They are all taking part in the non-white invasion of our country and they know it!Robert Monday 17 December, 2012 - 11:12 AM
Obviously sabotaging Labor want and made the illegal boats to come here in the first place!! Traitorous Labor are not working in Australia's interests and should be charged with treason and put before a court. With a new thorough Liberal government, a Royal Commission is an absolute must, into this disgusting terribly rotten to the core evil Labor.Michelle Monday 17 December, 2012 - 10:58 AM