- Have you lost faith in politicians?
- Royal family’s affection for Australia?
- Ralf Fiennes with John & Garry
- No alternative but for Barry to resign?
- Keneally on O’Farrell resignation
- Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier
- Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed?
- Would you like us to be a republic?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
- Hank on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Ardent Tony is laying it on a little thick? What else has iffy Barry been up to? Funny how Barry suddenly backflipped on ... more
- Tony on No alternative but for Barry to resign? It takes a man with principles to do what so many others on the opposing side of politics would fight tooth and nail to ... more
- Diana Warren on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I heard the interview with John & Gary this morning & was convinced Barry O'Farrel was being honest in his comments. Now ... more
- Les on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation Hardly surprising coming from iffy Barry. It is good to see the ICAC act without fear or favour. more
- Jaydee on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation Sadly politics appears to often attract the wrong kind of people. more
- Angela Coombes on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I trust he doesn't make a bigger mistake and put Gladys Berjiklian in as premier. She has already stuffed up the train ... more
- Tangled Web on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier Just one thing on this "Thankyou Note".This wine was sent to O'Farrell in 2011. That is three years ago. I wonder who it was ... more
- Samuel J on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation What would 'Bambi' know - she headed the monumentally disgraced NSW labor party 'government' which went down the shoot with ... more
- PAULO on Would you like us to be a republic? Unelected,expensive,classist,non transparent !!Australia is independent -helloBd enough being British and having her as head ... more
- PAULO on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I think If I had got an expensive bottle of wine like that i would NEVER forget it!Barry insults our intelligence. more
- kyle on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier Tell you what,that dung head does not remember a 3 Grand Grange and he still wants to be a Premier of NSW.Good riddance. We ... more
- Steve on Would you like us to be a republic? People should keep in mind, that in a once proud and mighty, now bankrupt England, the most popular boy's name is Mohammad. ... more
- Michael on Would you like us to be a republic? I was always against a Republic, but after watching the devious way that hypocrites Tony Abbott and his "heavy lifting" mate ... more
- Kimber on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier Very disappointed in the Prime Minister, just watched him say in a press conference that Barry O'Farrell did the honourable ... more
- Angela Coombes on Would you like us to be a republic? We should retain the monarchy - it has worked well for the system of government in Australia. The only downside is the ... more
- Coasty on What happened to $3,000 Grange? If the bottle of Grange was delivered by a 'courier', then where's the signature? I've been a warehouse and logistics ... more
- Suzanne on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith When those two considerate statesmen, Prime Minister 'honest' John Howard and Treasurer Peter Costello were diligently ... more
- Todd on Russian jet buzzes US warship Theatrical President Barack Hussein Obama and President Vladimir Putin are obviously chalk and cheese. Respected, Putin is a ... more
- John Wan on Badgery's Creek for 2nd Airport Why don't we expand Kingsford Smith Airport by using reclaim land.Kansai international airport is built entirely on reclaim ... more
Smashing the people smugglers
Beefed up spy operations in Sri Lanka and closer maritime ties will help target people smuggling rackets. John Stanley speaks with Immigration Minister Chris Bowen about our new attack on illegal immigration.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The man in charge of the Gillard Government's panel examining asylum seeker issues says more lives will be lost at sea as the monsoon season starts
A parliamentary committee is hearing from retired Air Marshall Angus Houston and refugee advocates.
The panel has made a series of recommendations to try and stop the constant flow of asylum seekers, but as things stand illegal boats continue to arrive
Air Marshall Houston has told the commitee he fears the situation won't improve unless there's greater co-operation with other countries in the region
There are worldwide calls for gun control in the United States after the tragic Sandy Hook Elementary massacre which left 20 children & 6 teachers dead. John Stanley looks at just how relaxed the gun laws are.
A new opinion poll shows the Coalition would easily win a federal election, but Tony Abbott's popularity continues to suffer. The Nielsen poll has the Coalition leading Labor 52 to 48 after preferences.
There are plenty of houses in Sydney for sale that the Labor/Greens could borrow money for and buy to give to asylum seelers, whats the big deal, the houses need to be sold don`t they ? B. Brown.Jo Monday 17 December, 2012 - 9:36 PM
@Liar, if you go to Centrelink as you must have since you are most concerned about that aspect, you will surely see that most of the people there are white meaning older migrants such as yourself. The percentage of newer migrants in the dole queue is negligible. Look up the stats before you make your bigoted comments.Terrence Monday 17 December, 2012 - 8:20 PM
HULLO!! 90% of these so called "asylum seekers" are purposely throwing overboard their identifying passports and their very trackable mobile phones to fraudulently and blatantly deceive the stupid nodding wacky Labor government. Then to add insult to injury, 94% of them refuse to work and are long time Centrelink "clients" even after 5 years! Clearly it must be NO PASSPORT/NO ENTRY otherwise they can bugger off back to where they come from...JULIAR Monday 17 December, 2012 - 12:59 PM
The more phoney refugees Lie-ur can get on the payroll the better their chances of winning the minority vote. Why isn't it a No Papers - No Visa policy? These "Illegal" economic country shoppers are taking the Australian government for mugs!Peter Monday 17 December, 2012 - 11:14 AM
Its not just people smugglers that are the problem, its the people themselves. They are all taking part in the non-white invasion of our country and they know it!Robert Monday 17 December, 2012 - 11:12 AM
Obviously sabotaging Labor want and made the illegal boats to come here in the first place!! Traitorous Labor are not working in Australia's interests and should be charged with treason and put before a court. With a new thorough Liberal government, a Royal Commission is an absolute must, into this disgusting terribly rotten to the core evil Labor.Michelle Monday 17 December, 2012 - 10:58 AM