- Nova Peris sets back race relations?
- 2UE Summer of Cricket
- Pop to Popism at Art Gallery of NSW
- New Gold Opal card for Seniors
- Men now reluctant to help kids?
- Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate
- Recycling everyday food scraps
- Joe Hockey's spat at red tape
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
- Paul on Why no fines for smoke butt tossers? Yes it does bug me when people throw their cigarette butts, thats why I've videoed these idiots to embarrass them on ... more
- Cleangirl on Why no fines for smoke butt tossers? or Cyclists running red lights, cars not using blinkers, people eating on the train, allowing dogs on ovals, dogs in school ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Why no fines for smoke butt tossers? I have on occasions got out of my car picked up the lit butt and tossed it onto their back seat and once I dropped it into ... more
Smashing the people smugglers
Beefed up spy operations in Sri Lanka and closer maritime ties will help target people smuggling rackets. John Stanley speaks with Immigration Minister Chris Bowen about our new attack on illegal immigration.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The man in charge of the Gillard Government's panel examining asylum seeker issues says more lives will be lost at sea as the monsoon season starts
A parliamentary committee is hearing from retired Air Marshall Angus Houston and refugee advocates.
The panel has made a series of recommendations to try and stop the constant flow of asylum seekers, but as things stand illegal boats continue to arrive
Air Marshall Houston has told the commitee he fears the situation won't improve unless there's greater co-operation with other countries in the region
There are worldwide calls for gun control in the United States after the tragic Sandy Hook Elementary massacre which left 20 children & 6 teachers dead. John Stanley looks at just how relaxed the gun laws are.
A new opinion poll shows the Coalition would easily win a federal election, but Tony Abbott's popularity continues to suffer. The Nielsen poll has the Coalition leading Labor 52 to 48 after preferences.
There are plenty of houses in Sydney for sale that the Labor/Greens could borrow money for and buy to give to asylum seelers, whats the big deal, the houses need to be sold don`t they ? B. Brown.Jo Monday 17 December, 2012 - 9:36 PM
@Liar, if you go to Centrelink as you must have since you are most concerned about that aspect, you will surely see that most of the people there are white meaning older migrants such as yourself. The percentage of newer migrants in the dole queue is negligible. Look up the stats before you make your bigoted comments.Terrence Monday 17 December, 2012 - 8:20 PM
HULLO!! 90% of these so called "asylum seekers" are purposely throwing overboard their identifying passports and their very trackable mobile phones to fraudulently and blatantly deceive the stupid nodding wacky Labor government. Then to add insult to injury, 94% of them refuse to work and are long time Centrelink "clients" even after 5 years! Clearly it must be NO PASSPORT/NO ENTRY otherwise they can bugger off back to where they come from...JULIAR Monday 17 December, 2012 - 12:59 PM
The more phoney refugees Lie-ur can get on the payroll the better their chances of winning the minority vote. Why isn't it a No Papers - No Visa policy? These "Illegal" economic country shoppers are taking the Australian government for mugs!Peter Monday 17 December, 2012 - 11:14 AM
Its not just people smugglers that are the problem, its the people themselves. They are all taking part in the non-white invasion of our country and they know it!Robert Monday 17 December, 2012 - 11:12 AM
Obviously sabotaging Labor want and made the illegal boats to come here in the first place!! Traitorous Labor are not working in Australia's interests and should be charged with treason and put before a court. With a new thorough Liberal government, a Royal Commission is an absolute must, into this disgusting terribly rotten to the core evil Labor.Michelle Monday 17 December, 2012 - 10:58 AM