- Preview of Third Ashes Test
- Asylum seeker budget blowout
- NBN: Coalition's broken promise?
- Can you survive not telling a lie?
- Newsroom idol: Sarah vs Steve
- Cricket calendar: Live on 2UE in 2013-14
- Should the smack be banned?
- Public transport costs to rise
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- peter on NBN: Coalition's broken promise? how much faster would the internet be without all the spying on Australians and will this be sold off once it has been in ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Public transport costs to rise Here we go again, another disaster at the hands of the bumbling, indeed useless damned O'Farrell government. It would be ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Should the smack be banned? I have no confidence whatsoever in anything this hopeless, indeed useless UN mob have to say! I agree with Mr Abbott - we ... more
- Cleangirl on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 G.M America has just paid back with interest the bail-out money they got from the government. Why do we keep throwing out ... more
- Cleangirl on Should the smack be banned? No. Where do the P.C police want to stop ? Outlaw piercings, non-payment of pocket money, circumcision. Look at discipline ... more
- Robert on Should the smack be banned? The UN should butt out of our personal family lives and stop trying to push their global socialist agenda down our throats! ... more
- Jester4212 on Should the smack be banned? It should be at the discretion of the parent.This should not be a law enforced by the government. I agree with the PM's ... more
- Greg O on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 There was a time when we made everything in this country but that was back in the days when there was no other country that ... more
- James W on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Paul Murray - The Australians story about Holden and the Unions is an 'Opinion' piece, suggests it's not fact. I don't ... more
- Robert on End of Aussie car manufacturing? Why should anyone complain? You all wanted globalisation and here it is taking away jobs and sending our economy downhill to ... more
- Phil on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Classic case of Dutch Disease. Our Mining Sector - which we subsidise too, by the way - is pushing up the dollar making it ... more
- Samuel J on What angers you on Sydney roads? I utterly dislike tailgaters which effectively is 'menacing driving',then those boofheads with P plates who drive like ... more
- Ben on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Why do these workers get promised all this assistance when us normal working people are expected to fiend for ourselves?I, ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Move aside macaroon, eclair's here! Where are the ones for Diabetics? more
- Kimber on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Yes I voted Liberal but I don't think the entire blame sits with politics.I am very sorry for the workers but how many ... more
- Kimber on Christmas lights being knocked off? It not only brings joy for people to see the lights but also for the people who take the time to put them out. We have not ... more
- Kimber on Knockout: deadly game of the streets Talk about 'life imitating art' this is life imitating violent electronic games, these thugs have no handle on what's real ... more
- Keith A Tudor B.Ec on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 @ Joe posting here - too right it was the damned Unions and their unrelenting wage demands and so call enterprice bargaining ... more
- Samuel J on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 I blame none other than the greedy mob General Motors Chevrolet in Detroit and the Workers' Union for this decision. They ... more
- Joe on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Well done Australians. Clap, clap, clap. To all those who placed their cross over the LIBERAL box in the past election, be ... more
Soldiers to pay for flights home
The Labor government is insulting our soldiers by taking away their free flights home for Christmas to see loved ones. Paul Murray is disgusted at the cutback and takes up the fight on behalf of our diggers overseas.
Shadow Defence Science, Technology and Personnel Minister Stuart Robert with Paul Murray on the measures to cut back flights home for our soldiers overseas.
Paul Murray reveals how the Gillard government want out hard working troops to pay their own way home for Christmas. How out of touch are our politicians when they don't support the people who give us our freedom.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
@pete; this is all about ungrateful, unappreciative Labor "bashing" our revered Australian soldiers, doing us proud, fighting on their guts son. Your cheap "bashing" Craig Thomson accusations have NO substance. Clearly Craig Thomson is bashing himself up with the help of his unionized Labor comrades and his union comrades too. Your blatantly false smearing "bashing" accusations illustrate that you are about as low and desperate as Craig Thomson & his mentor friend Julia Gillard. The concerned electorate are merely, rightfully demanding that this totally unacceptable, very suspicious 4 year Craig Thomson cover-up affair be finally put to an end with long overdue, warranted police charges. Followed by a Royal Commission into this whole disgusting affair with appropriate broader wide terms of reference. Uncooperative, discredited, a habitual liar Craig Thomson should of course be very keen, chewing at the bit to clear his very bad name before a court of law!!! If he is innocent??? This is exactly what his protective Labor colleagues are belatedly now claiming they want-well lets just watch this space!!Terrence Tuesday 29 May, 2012 - 8:19 PM
When our brave diggers are murdered & maimed, crocodile tears are a flowing, serial hypocrite, pathological liar Juliar Gillard turns up at the soldiers funerals with the ABC television cameras rolling, offering the full support of her dirty rotten, scumbag, backstabbing Labor government, when clearly there is no support whatsoever. I am astounded and ashamed that these so-called "free-flights" have been inappropriately stopped by Juliar Gillard's traitorous uncaring wasteful Labor government who have stooped to even lower levels. Her mongrel Labor government are wasting $billions of dollars flying these very dubious illegal boat people and their damned hungry lawyers all over the place and here Gillard is too miserable and so hateful to look after our own worthy Australian diggers, when it all really counts. This low woman and her mongrel cronies are clearly unfit to be in government.Kylie Smith Tuesday 29 May, 2012 - 6:41 PM
The defense forces knew of the cuts 3 years ago, its only for single men, if a loved one gets sick or passes they will still get the free flight home .Move on Paul get back to the Thomson bashing that's what you do bestpete Tuesday 29 May, 2012 - 4:04 PM
Our politicians arent out of touch. They just dont care.Robert Tuesday 29 May, 2012 - 4:04 PM