- Anzac Day: Lest We Forget
- Father hugs man who killed daughter
- Anzac Day two-up: where to play?
- Time for Charles to be King?
- Why are pensioners in the pinch?
- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- Can you impersonate the PM?
- Get set for a brutal budget?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Cleangirl on Time for Charles to be King? We all know Charles is a dill, the Queen should bypass him for William. more
- Tangled Web on Why are pensioners in the pinch? Well that blatant hypocrite, no "heavy lifting" for big Joe Hockey, him and Tony Abbott need to look in the mirror. Big Joe ... more
- Julie on Why are pensioners in the pinch? I heard a caller on radio today suggest that the blowout in Age Pensions is due to the increase in single age pensioners. ... more
- Greg O on Get set for a brutal budget? adriano. Back in about 2007 just before the financial crisis hit us a little and the Northern Hemisphere a lot, the rich ... more
- Bao Tran on Get set for a brutal budget? I think the government has it wrong with the medicare co-payment. Everyone should be entitled to "free" GP or emergency ... more
- Tony on Get set for a brutal budget? Better than spending what we don't have and burdening future generations with paying back Labor's drunken sailor policies! ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Get set for a brutal budget? I trust the budget of Hockey's will seriously address the utterly overstaffed Australian public service. It needs an axe ... more
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: will it always be sacred? Sadly I can recall when Anzac Day was truly sacred, entirely unlike now. It was a full day public holiday, not a quick less ... more
Soldiers to pay for flights home
The Labor government is insulting our soldiers by taking away their free flights home for Christmas to see loved ones. Paul Murray is disgusted at the cutback and takes up the fight on behalf of our diggers overseas.
Shadow Defence Science, Technology and Personnel Minister Stuart Robert with Paul Murray on the measures to cut back flights home for our soldiers overseas.
Paul Murray reveals how the Gillard government want out hard working troops to pay their own way home for Christmas. How out of touch are our politicians when they don't support the people who give us our freedom.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
@pete; this is all about ungrateful, unappreciative Labor "bashing" our revered Australian soldiers, doing us proud, fighting on their guts son. Your cheap "bashing" Craig Thomson accusations have NO substance. Clearly Craig Thomson is bashing himself up with the help of his unionized Labor comrades and his union comrades too. Your blatantly false smearing "bashing" accusations illustrate that you are about as low and desperate as Craig Thomson & his mentor friend Julia Gillard. The concerned electorate are merely, rightfully demanding that this totally unacceptable, very suspicious 4 year Craig Thomson cover-up affair be finally put to an end with long overdue, warranted police charges. Followed by a Royal Commission into this whole disgusting affair with appropriate broader wide terms of reference. Uncooperative, discredited, a habitual liar Craig Thomson should of course be very keen, chewing at the bit to clear his very bad name before a court of law!!! If he is innocent??? This is exactly what his protective Labor colleagues are belatedly now claiming they want-well lets just watch this space!!Terrence Tuesday 29 May, 2012 - 8:19 PM
When our brave diggers are murdered & maimed, crocodile tears are a flowing, serial hypocrite, pathological liar Juliar Gillard turns up at the soldiers funerals with the ABC television cameras rolling, offering the full support of her dirty rotten, scumbag, backstabbing Labor government, when clearly there is no support whatsoever. I am astounded and ashamed that these so-called "free-flights" have been inappropriately stopped by Juliar Gillard's traitorous uncaring wasteful Labor government who have stooped to even lower levels. Her mongrel Labor government are wasting $billions of dollars flying these very dubious illegal boat people and their damned hungry lawyers all over the place and here Gillard is too miserable and so hateful to look after our own worthy Australian diggers, when it all really counts. This low woman and her mongrel cronies are clearly unfit to be in government.Kylie Smith Tuesday 29 May, 2012 - 6:41 PM
The defense forces knew of the cuts 3 years ago, its only for single men, if a loved one gets sick or passes they will still get the free flight home .Move on Paul get back to the Thomson bashing that's what you do bestpete Tuesday 29 May, 2012 - 4:04 PM
Our politicians arent out of touch. They just dont care.Robert Tuesday 29 May, 2012 - 4:04 PM