- Ebola virus just a plane flight away?
- US voices "deep concerns" to Russia
- Sydney jihadi threatens attack
- Clive Palmer calls for elections
- Our biggest fear is public speaking
- The Whisper: Gay Bushrangers?
- 20-years for violent toddler murder
- Alcohol abuse: the wake-up call
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Angela Coombes on Being a smarter, not a faster country? Well, while ever we have the large number of people on the dole and undeserved so called 'disability' pensions, this country ... more
- James W on A Fair Go for Seniors - Forum United you stand, divided you fall. Sounds a little like a song. About time Seniors formed a Union. What a formidable force ... more
- Gary on No place to top up Opal cards? I've had a Opal card for months, fantastic, best thing ever for public transport. I ordered it online, it arrived in the ... more
- James on Veggie garden for Pyrmont Bridge? Typical. Despite the inordinate number of junkets to places like Japan where they have rules to manage crowds which everyone ... more
- NOT SURPRISED... on Moree shooting: tension in the bush In my dealings with some very arrogant government departments, they can be quite rude and show little tact, often they make ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Warning on home grown terror But hang on a minute islam is such a bloody "peaceful religion" so what is Attorney-General George Brandis so damned ... more
- Greg O on Sydney facing homeless challenge New public housing estates look very impressive but there is never enough of them. It seems to be a case of we either give ... more
- James W on Parliament House $800 doorknob? Yeah, they must be punished for leaving us with a 3 X AAA rated economy and continuing on the 20 odd years of unbroken ... more
- Angela Coombes on Parliament House $800 doorknob? What about the framed portraits of Gillard and Rudd within the National Parliament - I would prefer just blank frames ... more
- Samuel J James on Work for Dole rules far too strict? @Sloppy Joe Hokey - you are 1000% correct. Simply put, it is government of the money, by the money for the money indeed! Of ... more
- Samuel J on PMs frustration over access to MH17 The ex KGB thug, presently the so called President of Russia has been as helpful regarding the recovery of the bodies of the ... more
- Terrence on Work for the dole doesn't work They ought to get Abbott do 40 applications and see what it is like. This guy has no clue how to run the government and ... more
- Terrence on PM discusses the issues on 2UE Abbott is trying his best to milk this so his unpopular budget and his lies and deceit do not stay in the headlines. It does ... more
- ahmed on No place to top up Opal cards? Typical third world Sydney transport solution.Why didnt they think of the opal card years ago and iron out problems before ... more
- alfredo on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Clover Moore and Alex Greenwich are the type of pollies this country really needs!! more
- paulo on Sydney facing homeless challenge Housing should be a human right.The government should make rules that require building companies to build cheap housing ... more
- Cleangirl on Sydney Art: what do you think? Much too much money, and I thought Art was something to appreciate, something not just anyone can do and something clever. more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? As for FTA's, the fact is Australia is a net exporter to the countries that we have an FTA with. So we sell more than we ... more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Pick on the rich tax dodgers.Unfortunately the facts don't support your claim, the truth is the top 20% of tax payers are ... more
- Robyn on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Could be a shapely woman more
Soldiers to pay for flights home
The Labor government is insulting our soldiers by taking away their free flights home for Christmas to see loved ones. Paul Murray is disgusted at the cutback and takes up the fight on behalf of our diggers overseas.
Shadow Defence Science, Technology and Personnel Minister Stuart Robert with Paul Murray on the measures to cut back flights home for our soldiers overseas.
Paul Murray reveals how the Gillard government want out hard working troops to pay their own way home for Christmas. How out of touch are our politicians when they don't support the people who give us our freedom.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
@pete; this is all about ungrateful, unappreciative Labor "bashing" our revered Australian soldiers, doing us proud, fighting on their guts son. Your cheap "bashing" Craig Thomson accusations have NO substance. Clearly Craig Thomson is bashing himself up with the help of his unionized Labor comrades and his union comrades too. Your blatantly false smearing "bashing" accusations illustrate that you are about as low and desperate as Craig Thomson & his mentor friend Julia Gillard. The concerned electorate are merely, rightfully demanding that this totally unacceptable, very suspicious 4 year Craig Thomson cover-up affair be finally put to an end with long overdue, warranted police charges. Followed by a Royal Commission into this whole disgusting affair with appropriate broader wide terms of reference. Uncooperative, discredited, a habitual liar Craig Thomson should of course be very keen, chewing at the bit to clear his very bad name before a court of law!!! If he is innocent??? This is exactly what his protective Labor colleagues are belatedly now claiming they want-well lets just watch this space!!Terrence Tuesday 29 May, 2012 - 8:19 PM
When our brave diggers are murdered & maimed, crocodile tears are a flowing, serial hypocrite, pathological liar Juliar Gillard turns up at the soldiers funerals with the ABC television cameras rolling, offering the full support of her dirty rotten, scumbag, backstabbing Labor government, when clearly there is no support whatsoever. I am astounded and ashamed that these so-called "free-flights" have been inappropriately stopped by Juliar Gillard's traitorous uncaring wasteful Labor government who have stooped to even lower levels. Her mongrel Labor government are wasting $billions of dollars flying these very dubious illegal boat people and their damned hungry lawyers all over the place and here Gillard is too miserable and so hateful to look after our own worthy Australian diggers, when it all really counts. This low woman and her mongrel cronies are clearly unfit to be in government.Kylie Smith Tuesday 29 May, 2012 - 6:41 PM
The defense forces knew of the cuts 3 years ago, its only for single men, if a loved one gets sick or passes they will still get the free flight home .Move on Paul get back to the Thomson bashing that's what you do bestpete Tuesday 29 May, 2012 - 4:04 PM
Our politicians arent out of touch. They just dont care.Robert Tuesday 29 May, 2012 - 4:04 PM