- Amphetamine use on the increase
- Who will win big at ARIAS 2014
- Uber: the answer to Sydney cab rides?
- Child found in Quakers Hill drain
- Over treatment with some cancers
- Baird shows huge political courage
- Still cook to Nana's recipes?
- Guy Sebastian is back with Madness
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
- Greg O on Obama urges Australia to "step up" I am out in my backyard at the moment and am all set to save the environment. I have a Jim's Mowing hat, Steve Irwin shirt ... more
State strata laws set for review
Noise, parking and anti-social behaviour are the most common complaints made by neighbours living in apartment buildings. John Stanley on the new review of strata laws, and has asked for community input.
Body corporate complaints can be varied and downright insane. Just how stupid fights get between those in the same building makes for a funny interview between Paul Murray and Anthony Roberts of NSW Fair Trading.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Strata Plan 8692..normally the duly elected committee would only be elected for one year before any more elections were held at a general meeting..not so with strata plan..committee members stayed on the committee that were not duly elected abusing breaching their responsibilities for several years there was nothing in writing to say that any of them had been duly elected nor was there any thing to say that who was the secretary the treasurer or the chairman they kept their own decisions to themselves by not advising the owners corporation of what actions that they may have taken...11 townhouses..paying 15-000 per annum into a supposed fund very little to show in return..constantly being asked for more money to pay for more things never enough money in the fund? constantly needing to arrange for a special levies...constantly refusing an AUDIT OF THE BOOKS INCLUDING THE STRATA AGENTS From Anglo Parade Campsie NSW
Committee members supporting one guy there that ended up with 2 AVOS On Himself and had to finally move away but had moved in with one of the female committee members. Beware Strata Plans Should Have Their BOOKS AUDITED AT LEAST ONCE EVERY 3 YEARS TO AVOID INSTANCES OF FRAUD.
Leonard still seeking justice from an unjust rotten strata system OkkLeonard Thursday 17 May, 2012 - 5:21 AM
Buyer Beware..Use Extreme Caution As There Are Still Strata Plans Out There That Do Not Allow For Exclusive Use Of A Parking Space On The Common Property..I Myself Would Prefer To Buy A PROPERTY That Quite Clearly Identifies The Allocated Parking Space TAKE NOTE ON THE TITLE DEED..Owners Corporation Approval Can Be With Drawn At Anytime AS GOOD NEIGHBOURS CAN MOVE AWAY AT ANY TIME GOOD NEIGHBOURS AT TIMES AND ARE HARD TO REPLACE..New Neighbours May Think Differently To Youselves..okk
Leonard seeking justice for all okkLeonard Wednesday 16 May, 2012 - 1:57 AM
I CAN REMEMBER BACK TO THE LATE 90S WHEN WE HAD A TOTAL OF 11 TOWNHOUSES IN OUR STRATA WE LIVED IN ONE OF THE BLOCKS OF 4...THE OTHER BLOCK OF 3 HAD LOT 9 FOR SALE..I NOTICED AFTER A FEW WEEKS PEOPLE STANDING OUTSIDE OUR TOWNHOUSE IN ADMIRATION AND WHY NOT..THE SELLING AGENT FROM LIVERPOOL ROAD ASHFIELD NSW HAD PLACED A PHOTO OF OUR HOME LOT ONE BEING A MUCH NICER POSITION THAN LOT NINE IN HIS SHOP FRONT WINDOW..AND WHEN I TOOK HIM OUTSIDE OF HIS SHOP FRONT OFFICE TO SHOW HIM TELLING HIM THAT WE WERE THE OWNERS OF LOT ONE AND WANTED OUR PHOTO IMMEDIATELY REMOVED THIS CROOK JUST LAUGHED AT US..
Leonard seeking justiceLeonard Monday 14 May, 2012 - 12:46 PM
Fair Trading Minister John Roberts has bigger fish to fry! What with corrupt real estate agents, easily corrupting the very lax property selling process. With Fair Trading freely handing out real estate licences like fishing licences, but a very good little $earner for the government are these costly real estate licences, that might as well be put in a packet of cornflakes.Anon Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:30 AM
New strata laws? I bet all this commotion came about because of my flat mate and me.
We tried living in several apartments when We were younger, but as it turned out, we weren't very good at it.
Our crimes against various strata committees included:
* A legion of friday night Small intimate dinner parties that started out with a few good friends, excellent food and a sophisticated choice of fine wines that morphed and grew into a hundred and fifty strong party fest by sunday afternoon featuring a divorce, two engagements and a narrowly averted birth.
* Buying a new fridge and riding the old one downstairs as a bobsled. (five times)
* Losing the doorkey and abseiling down from the roof of the apartment building to our balcony.
* Failing to negotiate the turn on the landing while walking upstairs and falling out the window on the way home.
* Fishing for blonde dinner dates by attaching a rose, a box of chocolates and a dinner invitation to a fishing rod and strategically dangling them down the outside of the building from our balcony.
* Clearing the dining room table in a impulsive and unplanned fashion with the curtains wide open when the local chapter of the brides of Christ ladies auxiliary were in a meeting in the adjacent block of units.
Blah blah blah....strata committees should get lives.Danny Dix Sunday 13 May, 2012 - 8:45 PM
WE CAME HOME ONE DAY FROM WORK TO FIND A SIGN HAD BEEN PLACED COVERING OUR ONLY PARKING SPACE CLAIMING TELLING US TO NOT PARK AS IT IS A TURNING BAY..WE HAD IN ACTUAL FACT WRITTEN PERMISSION TO PARK THERE DATING BACK SOME 18-20 YEARS
THE COMMITTEE AND THE AGENT HAD SENT NOTICE TO THE REST OF THE OWNERS OTHER THAN US ASKING THEM TO VOTE WITH THEIR OWN DRAWING / SKETCH OF THE PROPERTY AS WELL AS A LARGE ARROW SHOWING OUR PARKING SPACE AS A TURNING BAY WE WERE DRAGGED THROUGH AS THIS WENT TO STRATA SCHEMES WITH THE COMMITTEE SPENDING A WHOPPING SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS WITHOUT ANY APPROVAL OF LEGAL FEES NOTHING HAD HAD A UNAMIOUS APPROVAL AT ALL FOR THEM TO TAKE THESE ACTIONS JUST BEING NASTY PEOPLE OUT OF CONTROL THE MAGISTRATE FROM THE DOWNING CENTREMICHAEL PRICE MADE RULINGS THAT ARE NOT IN THE LEGISLATION AGAINST US FOR COSTS MY LAWYER REFUSED TO LISTEN TO ME IN WANTING ALEX ILKIN STRATA SOLICITOR STRUCK OUT AS HE DID NOT HAVE A UNAMINOUS RESOLUTION TO ACT FOR THE OWNERS ON BEHALF OF THE OWNERS CORPORATION WE WERE FINED THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR THEIR ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES AGAIN WE WERE SUMMONSED TO BURWOOD COURT TO PAY THE ILLEGAL FINE / RULINGS WITH AT LAST BEING THROWN OUT OF COURT AS NO ONE FROM THE OTHER PARTY HAD BEEN INLeonard Saturday 12 May, 2012 - 1:19 PM