- Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM
- The Whisper: Waste at Tafe
- Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough
- Gough Whitlam: a giant of our time
- Time to help out Ebola regions?
- Too young for homework?
- Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam
- Accident hotspot: northern beaches
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- TEN FOUR... on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on The Whisper: where burqa ban began France saw fit to ban the burqa but "sorry" Australia did not? more
- Raumann Gagnon on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A great leader , a warm friend . Always honest in what he did and said . Faithful to his beliefs and ideas . He shall be ... more
- REALISTIC on Drivers not tested for cocaine use? Well that explains all of the constant madness and road rage etc going on in our streets...so what are our invisible 'police ... more
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
- Craig on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane Kobane will fall as Turkey will not allow the Kurdish fighters there to receive heavy weapons to repel the invaders.They ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane I thought that islam was a peaceful religion? more
- Steve on Fire danger ignored for burn off? I live in St. Ives and witnessed the extra firetrucks racing along Mona Vale road (under lights and sirens)to assist. ... more
- Rob on Fire danger ignored for burn off? This is so typical of the NSWRFS staff. Happy to get in front of the camera on an "out of control bushfire" but have no clue ... more
State strata laws set for review
Noise, parking and anti-social behaviour are the most common complaints made by neighbours living in apartment buildings. John Stanley on the new review of strata laws, and has asked for community input.
Body corporate complaints can be varied and downright insane. Just how stupid fights get between those in the same building makes for a funny interview between Paul Murray and Anthony Roberts of NSW Fair Trading.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Strata Plan 8692..normally the duly elected committee would only be elected for one year before any more elections were held at a general meeting..not so with strata plan..committee members stayed on the committee that were not duly elected abusing breaching their responsibilities for several years there was nothing in writing to say that any of them had been duly elected nor was there any thing to say that who was the secretary the treasurer or the chairman they kept their own decisions to themselves by not advising the owners corporation of what actions that they may have taken...11 townhouses..paying 15-000 per annum into a supposed fund very little to show in return..constantly being asked for more money to pay for more things never enough money in the fund? constantly needing to arrange for a special levies...constantly refusing an AUDIT OF THE BOOKS INCLUDING THE STRATA AGENTS From Anglo Parade Campsie NSW
Committee members supporting one guy there that ended up with 2 AVOS On Himself and had to finally move away but had moved in with one of the female committee members. Beware Strata Plans Should Have Their BOOKS AUDITED AT LEAST ONCE EVERY 3 YEARS TO AVOID INSTANCES OF FRAUD.
Leonard still seeking justice from an unjust rotten strata system OkkLeonard Thursday 17 May, 2012 - 5:21 AM
Buyer Beware..Use Extreme Caution As There Are Still Strata Plans Out There That Do Not Allow For Exclusive Use Of A Parking Space On The Common Property..I Myself Would Prefer To Buy A PROPERTY That Quite Clearly Identifies The Allocated Parking Space TAKE NOTE ON THE TITLE DEED..Owners Corporation Approval Can Be With Drawn At Anytime AS GOOD NEIGHBOURS CAN MOVE AWAY AT ANY TIME GOOD NEIGHBOURS AT TIMES AND ARE HARD TO REPLACE..New Neighbours May Think Differently To Youselves..okk
Leonard seeking justice for all okkLeonard Wednesday 16 May, 2012 - 1:57 AM
I CAN REMEMBER BACK TO THE LATE 90S WHEN WE HAD A TOTAL OF 11 TOWNHOUSES IN OUR STRATA WE LIVED IN ONE OF THE BLOCKS OF 4...THE OTHER BLOCK OF 3 HAD LOT 9 FOR SALE..I NOTICED AFTER A FEW WEEKS PEOPLE STANDING OUTSIDE OUR TOWNHOUSE IN ADMIRATION AND WHY NOT..THE SELLING AGENT FROM LIVERPOOL ROAD ASHFIELD NSW HAD PLACED A PHOTO OF OUR HOME LOT ONE BEING A MUCH NICER POSITION THAN LOT NINE IN HIS SHOP FRONT WINDOW..AND WHEN I TOOK HIM OUTSIDE OF HIS SHOP FRONT OFFICE TO SHOW HIM TELLING HIM THAT WE WERE THE OWNERS OF LOT ONE AND WANTED OUR PHOTO IMMEDIATELY REMOVED THIS CROOK JUST LAUGHED AT US..
Leonard seeking justiceLeonard Monday 14 May, 2012 - 12:46 PM
Fair Trading Minister John Roberts has bigger fish to fry! What with corrupt real estate agents, easily corrupting the very lax property selling process. With Fair Trading freely handing out real estate licences like fishing licences, but a very good little $earner for the government are these costly real estate licences, that might as well be put in a packet of cornflakes.Anon Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:30 AM
New strata laws? I bet all this commotion came about because of my flat mate and me.
We tried living in several apartments when We were younger, but as it turned out, we weren't very good at it.
Our crimes against various strata committees included:
* A legion of friday night Small intimate dinner parties that started out with a few good friends, excellent food and a sophisticated choice of fine wines that morphed and grew into a hundred and fifty strong party fest by sunday afternoon featuring a divorce, two engagements and a narrowly averted birth.
* Buying a new fridge and riding the old one downstairs as a bobsled. (five times)
* Losing the doorkey and abseiling down from the roof of the apartment building to our balcony.
* Failing to negotiate the turn on the landing while walking upstairs and falling out the window on the way home.
* Fishing for blonde dinner dates by attaching a rose, a box of chocolates and a dinner invitation to a fishing rod and strategically dangling them down the outside of the building from our balcony.
* Clearing the dining room table in a impulsive and unplanned fashion with the curtains wide open when the local chapter of the brides of Christ ladies auxiliary were in a meeting in the adjacent block of units.
Blah blah blah....strata committees should get lives.Danny Dix Sunday 13 May, 2012 - 8:45 PM
WE CAME HOME ONE DAY FROM WORK TO FIND A SIGN HAD BEEN PLACED COVERING OUR ONLY PARKING SPACE CLAIMING TELLING US TO NOT PARK AS IT IS A TURNING BAY..WE HAD IN ACTUAL FACT WRITTEN PERMISSION TO PARK THERE DATING BACK SOME 18-20 YEARS
THE COMMITTEE AND THE AGENT HAD SENT NOTICE TO THE REST OF THE OWNERS OTHER THAN US ASKING THEM TO VOTE WITH THEIR OWN DRAWING / SKETCH OF THE PROPERTY AS WELL AS A LARGE ARROW SHOWING OUR PARKING SPACE AS A TURNING BAY WE WERE DRAGGED THROUGH AS THIS WENT TO STRATA SCHEMES WITH THE COMMITTEE SPENDING A WHOPPING SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS WITHOUT ANY APPROVAL OF LEGAL FEES NOTHING HAD HAD A UNAMIOUS APPROVAL AT ALL FOR THEM TO TAKE THESE ACTIONS JUST BEING NASTY PEOPLE OUT OF CONTROL THE MAGISTRATE FROM THE DOWNING CENTREMICHAEL PRICE MADE RULINGS THAT ARE NOT IN THE LEGISLATION AGAINST US FOR COSTS MY LAWYER REFUSED TO LISTEN TO ME IN WANTING ALEX ILKIN STRATA SOLICITOR STRUCK OUT AS HE DID NOT HAVE A UNAMINOUS RESOLUTION TO ACT FOR THE OWNERS ON BEHALF OF THE OWNERS CORPORATION WE WERE FINED THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR THEIR ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES AGAIN WE WERE SUMMONSED TO BURWOOD COURT TO PAY THE ILLEGAL FINE / RULINGS WITH AT LAST BEING THROWN OUT OF COURT AS NO ONE FROM THE OTHER PARTY HAD BEEN INLeonard Saturday 12 May, 2012 - 1:19 PM