- Sydney median house price: $800,000
- Treatment for back pain a placebo
- Downward spiral of dealing drugs
- Abbott copping Senate body blows
- John & Garry: Let the games begin
- Commonwealth Games in Glasgow
- Mortgage war: should you fix?
- MH17: the long journey home
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greta on New Times for Weekend Shows Fantastic to hear Tim coming on earlier - love his show, has interesting segments, would love to hear more of the gardening ... more
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
State strata laws set for review
Noise, parking and anti-social behaviour are the most common complaints made by neighbours living in apartment buildings. John Stanley on the new review of strata laws, and has asked for community input.
Body corporate complaints can be varied and downright insane. Just how stupid fights get between those in the same building makes for a funny interview between Paul Murray and Anthony Roberts of NSW Fair Trading.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Strata Plan 8692..normally the duly elected committee would only be elected for one year before any more elections were held at a general meeting..not so with strata plan..committee members stayed on the committee that were not duly elected abusing breaching their responsibilities for several years there was nothing in writing to say that any of them had been duly elected nor was there any thing to say that who was the secretary the treasurer or the chairman they kept their own decisions to themselves by not advising the owners corporation of what actions that they may have taken...11 townhouses..paying 15-000 per annum into a supposed fund very little to show in return..constantly being asked for more money to pay for more things never enough money in the fund? constantly needing to arrange for a special levies...constantly refusing an AUDIT OF THE BOOKS INCLUDING THE STRATA AGENTS From Anglo Parade Campsie NSW
Committee members supporting one guy there that ended up with 2 AVOS On Himself and had to finally move away but had moved in with one of the female committee members. Beware Strata Plans Should Have Their BOOKS AUDITED AT LEAST ONCE EVERY 3 YEARS TO AVOID INSTANCES OF FRAUD.
Leonard still seeking justice from an unjust rotten strata system OkkLeonard Thursday 17 May, 2012 - 5:21 AM
Buyer Beware..Use Extreme Caution As There Are Still Strata Plans Out There That Do Not Allow For Exclusive Use Of A Parking Space On The Common Property..I Myself Would Prefer To Buy A PROPERTY That Quite Clearly Identifies The Allocated Parking Space TAKE NOTE ON THE TITLE DEED..Owners Corporation Approval Can Be With Drawn At Anytime AS GOOD NEIGHBOURS CAN MOVE AWAY AT ANY TIME GOOD NEIGHBOURS AT TIMES AND ARE HARD TO REPLACE..New Neighbours May Think Differently To Youselves..okk
Leonard seeking justice for all okkLeonard Wednesday 16 May, 2012 - 1:57 AM
I CAN REMEMBER BACK TO THE LATE 90S WHEN WE HAD A TOTAL OF 11 TOWNHOUSES IN OUR STRATA WE LIVED IN ONE OF THE BLOCKS OF 4...THE OTHER BLOCK OF 3 HAD LOT 9 FOR SALE..I NOTICED AFTER A FEW WEEKS PEOPLE STANDING OUTSIDE OUR TOWNHOUSE IN ADMIRATION AND WHY NOT..THE SELLING AGENT FROM LIVERPOOL ROAD ASHFIELD NSW HAD PLACED A PHOTO OF OUR HOME LOT ONE BEING A MUCH NICER POSITION THAN LOT NINE IN HIS SHOP FRONT WINDOW..AND WHEN I TOOK HIM OUTSIDE OF HIS SHOP FRONT OFFICE TO SHOW HIM TELLING HIM THAT WE WERE THE OWNERS OF LOT ONE AND WANTED OUR PHOTO IMMEDIATELY REMOVED THIS CROOK JUST LAUGHED AT US..
Leonard seeking justiceLeonard Monday 14 May, 2012 - 12:46 PM
Fair Trading Minister John Roberts has bigger fish to fry! What with corrupt real estate agents, easily corrupting the very lax property selling process. With Fair Trading freely handing out real estate licences like fishing licences, but a very good little $earner for the government are these costly real estate licences, that might as well be put in a packet of cornflakes.Anon Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:30 AM
New strata laws? I bet all this commotion came about because of my flat mate and me.
We tried living in several apartments when We were younger, but as it turned out, we weren't very good at it.
Our crimes against various strata committees included:
* A legion of friday night Small intimate dinner parties that started out with a few good friends, excellent food and a sophisticated choice of fine wines that morphed and grew into a hundred and fifty strong party fest by sunday afternoon featuring a divorce, two engagements and a narrowly averted birth.
* Buying a new fridge and riding the old one downstairs as a bobsled. (five times)
* Losing the doorkey and abseiling down from the roof of the apartment building to our balcony.
* Failing to negotiate the turn on the landing while walking upstairs and falling out the window on the way home.
* Fishing for blonde dinner dates by attaching a rose, a box of chocolates and a dinner invitation to a fishing rod and strategically dangling them down the outside of the building from our balcony.
* Clearing the dining room table in a impulsive and unplanned fashion with the curtains wide open when the local chapter of the brides of Christ ladies auxiliary were in a meeting in the adjacent block of units.
Blah blah blah....strata committees should get lives.Danny Dix Sunday 13 May, 2012 - 8:45 PM
WE CAME HOME ONE DAY FROM WORK TO FIND A SIGN HAD BEEN PLACED COVERING OUR ONLY PARKING SPACE CLAIMING TELLING US TO NOT PARK AS IT IS A TURNING BAY..WE HAD IN ACTUAL FACT WRITTEN PERMISSION TO PARK THERE DATING BACK SOME 18-20 YEARS
THE COMMITTEE AND THE AGENT HAD SENT NOTICE TO THE REST OF THE OWNERS OTHER THAN US ASKING THEM TO VOTE WITH THEIR OWN DRAWING / SKETCH OF THE PROPERTY AS WELL AS A LARGE ARROW SHOWING OUR PARKING SPACE AS A TURNING BAY WE WERE DRAGGED THROUGH AS THIS WENT TO STRATA SCHEMES WITH THE COMMITTEE SPENDING A WHOPPING SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS WITHOUT ANY APPROVAL OF LEGAL FEES NOTHING HAD HAD A UNAMIOUS APPROVAL AT ALL FOR THEM TO TAKE THESE ACTIONS JUST BEING NASTY PEOPLE OUT OF CONTROL THE MAGISTRATE FROM THE DOWNING CENTREMICHAEL PRICE MADE RULINGS THAT ARE NOT IN THE LEGISLATION AGAINST US FOR COSTS MY LAWYER REFUSED TO LISTEN TO ME IN WANTING ALEX ILKIN STRATA SOLICITOR STRUCK OUT AS HE DID NOT HAVE A UNAMINOUS RESOLUTION TO ACT FOR THE OWNERS ON BEHALF OF THE OWNERS CORPORATION WE WERE FINED THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR THEIR ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES AGAIN WE WERE SUMMONSED TO BURWOOD COURT TO PAY THE ILLEGAL FINE / RULINGS WITH AT LAST BEING THROWN OUT OF COURT AS NO ONE FROM THE OTHER PARTY HAD BEEN INLeonard Saturday 12 May, 2012 - 1:19 PM