- Koala saved using CPR
- Your cash just a fingertip scan away?
- Mitchell on Shorten rape allegations
- Bill Shorten reveals rape allegations
- Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge
- Drivers just drones behind the wheel
- Muslim leaders anti-terror law anger
- Should we scrap school homework?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Crisis over Palmer China comments Both Palmer and his side-kick Jaquie Lambie are utterly rank incompetent damned fools and totally unfit to be in our ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Clive Palmer drops another clanger All honest people would have to agree with Clive Palmer's rather frank, but blunt opinion and know where Clive is coming ... more
- Anthony on Clive Palmer drops another clanger Way to go Clive. I moved to Australia 8 years ago and was shocked to see Australia owns nothing! You've sold your country to ... more
- molly on Clive Palmer drops another clanger watch out Clive the anti-free speech people will get you. If china want Australia they will have to fight Islam for it. ... more
- Ben on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Why does this even make the news?Get over it. I have been rejected for age, looks, prejudice and who knows what other ... more
- Angela Coombes on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? The coffee shop owner has a right to hire an employee whom he or she feels will fit in with the business. It is no different ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? I don't think the clown Baird realises he has a State election on in about March 2015. Is he running his candidates for ... more
- Angela Coombes on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping How utterly foolhardy of this Baird joker not nominating candidates. He could have come up with two outstanding liberal ... more
- SLOPPY JOE-CANBERRA on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping What a shocking state of affairs with so many bad, self-serving politicians about...allegedly there to manage the nation? ... more
- Cleangirl on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? and how many government departments seem to be made up predominantly with a single foreign race ? more
- paulo on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? This cafe owner will be shamed into learning a lesson that racism is not accepted here! more
- Bruce on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Leave the coffee shop owner alone its hard enough making a living in the hospitality industry without have to deal with a ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? It is gutless on the part of the liberal party. Why not field new candidates and market their integrity - assuming they have ... more
- barry on Hockey backlash on poor comments Well we now see the true colours of adopted name JOE HOCKEY,has no idea of the working class struggles,indicated by his ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? Maybe we should put more bible bashers in Parliament to help root out the corrupt thugs in all the failed political parties ... more
- Samuel J on Spike in ice use across Sydney Just how do the ingredients for these drugs get out to this poor stupid forlorn drug affected knuckleheads! I am inclined to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Hockey backlash on poor comments Like the fool Wayne Swan, this Hockey joker is well past his 'Use-By" date indeed! I suggest put someone in his job who ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? All it will mean is more hung parliaments full of even more shonks, dunces, fools and clowns collectively bleeding us ... more
- Craig on Hockey backlash on poor comments These jokers born with silver spoons in their mouth, multi millionaires have NO idea.Poor people do drive most of us live ... more
- Cleangirl on Help, can you solve our traffic woes? Get pack cyclists off main roads during peak times. Surely they can do their hobby ride another time of day. and ask 4WD`s ... more
State strata laws set for review
Noise, parking and anti-social behaviour are the most common complaints made by neighbours living in apartment buildings. John Stanley on the new review of strata laws, and has asked for community input.
Body corporate complaints can be varied and downright insane. Just how stupid fights get between those in the same building makes for a funny interview between Paul Murray and Anthony Roberts of NSW Fair Trading.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Strata Plan 8692..normally the duly elected committee would only be elected for one year before any more elections were held at a general meeting..not so with strata plan..committee members stayed on the committee that were not duly elected abusing breaching their responsibilities for several years there was nothing in writing to say that any of them had been duly elected nor was there any thing to say that who was the secretary the treasurer or the chairman they kept their own decisions to themselves by not advising the owners corporation of what actions that they may have taken...11 townhouses..paying 15-000 per annum into a supposed fund very little to show in return..constantly being asked for more money to pay for more things never enough money in the fund? constantly needing to arrange for a special levies...constantly refusing an AUDIT OF THE BOOKS INCLUDING THE STRATA AGENTS From Anglo Parade Campsie NSW
Committee members supporting one guy there that ended up with 2 AVOS On Himself and had to finally move away but had moved in with one of the female committee members. Beware Strata Plans Should Have Their BOOKS AUDITED AT LEAST ONCE EVERY 3 YEARS TO AVOID INSTANCES OF FRAUD.
Leonard still seeking justice from an unjust rotten strata system OkkLeonard Thursday 17 May, 2012 - 5:21 AM
Buyer Beware..Use Extreme Caution As There Are Still Strata Plans Out There That Do Not Allow For Exclusive Use Of A Parking Space On The Common Property..I Myself Would Prefer To Buy A PROPERTY That Quite Clearly Identifies The Allocated Parking Space TAKE NOTE ON THE TITLE DEED..Owners Corporation Approval Can Be With Drawn At Anytime AS GOOD NEIGHBOURS CAN MOVE AWAY AT ANY TIME GOOD NEIGHBOURS AT TIMES AND ARE HARD TO REPLACE..New Neighbours May Think Differently To Youselves..okk
Leonard seeking justice for all okkLeonard Wednesday 16 May, 2012 - 1:57 AM
I CAN REMEMBER BACK TO THE LATE 90S WHEN WE HAD A TOTAL OF 11 TOWNHOUSES IN OUR STRATA WE LIVED IN ONE OF THE BLOCKS OF 4...THE OTHER BLOCK OF 3 HAD LOT 9 FOR SALE..I NOTICED AFTER A FEW WEEKS PEOPLE STANDING OUTSIDE OUR TOWNHOUSE IN ADMIRATION AND WHY NOT..THE SELLING AGENT FROM LIVERPOOL ROAD ASHFIELD NSW HAD PLACED A PHOTO OF OUR HOME LOT ONE BEING A MUCH NICER POSITION THAN LOT NINE IN HIS SHOP FRONT WINDOW..AND WHEN I TOOK HIM OUTSIDE OF HIS SHOP FRONT OFFICE TO SHOW HIM TELLING HIM THAT WE WERE THE OWNERS OF LOT ONE AND WANTED OUR PHOTO IMMEDIATELY REMOVED THIS CROOK JUST LAUGHED AT US..
Leonard seeking justiceLeonard Monday 14 May, 2012 - 12:46 PM
Fair Trading Minister John Roberts has bigger fish to fry! What with corrupt real estate agents, easily corrupting the very lax property selling process. With Fair Trading freely handing out real estate licences like fishing licences, but a very good little $earner for the government are these costly real estate licences, that might as well be put in a packet of cornflakes.Anon Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:30 AM
New strata laws? I bet all this commotion came about because of my flat mate and me.
We tried living in several apartments when We were younger, but as it turned out, we weren't very good at it.
Our crimes against various strata committees included:
* A legion of friday night Small intimate dinner parties that started out with a few good friends, excellent food and a sophisticated choice of fine wines that morphed and grew into a hundred and fifty strong party fest by sunday afternoon featuring a divorce, two engagements and a narrowly averted birth.
* Buying a new fridge and riding the old one downstairs as a bobsled. (five times)
* Losing the doorkey and abseiling down from the roof of the apartment building to our balcony.
* Failing to negotiate the turn on the landing while walking upstairs and falling out the window on the way home.
* Fishing for blonde dinner dates by attaching a rose, a box of chocolates and a dinner invitation to a fishing rod and strategically dangling them down the outside of the building from our balcony.
* Clearing the dining room table in a impulsive and unplanned fashion with the curtains wide open when the local chapter of the brides of Christ ladies auxiliary were in a meeting in the adjacent block of units.
Blah blah blah....strata committees should get lives.Danny Dix Sunday 13 May, 2012 - 8:45 PM
WE CAME HOME ONE DAY FROM WORK TO FIND A SIGN HAD BEEN PLACED COVERING OUR ONLY PARKING SPACE CLAIMING TELLING US TO NOT PARK AS IT IS A TURNING BAY..WE HAD IN ACTUAL FACT WRITTEN PERMISSION TO PARK THERE DATING BACK SOME 18-20 YEARS
THE COMMITTEE AND THE AGENT HAD SENT NOTICE TO THE REST OF THE OWNERS OTHER THAN US ASKING THEM TO VOTE WITH THEIR OWN DRAWING / SKETCH OF THE PROPERTY AS WELL AS A LARGE ARROW SHOWING OUR PARKING SPACE AS A TURNING BAY WE WERE DRAGGED THROUGH AS THIS WENT TO STRATA SCHEMES WITH THE COMMITTEE SPENDING A WHOPPING SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS WITHOUT ANY APPROVAL OF LEGAL FEES NOTHING HAD HAD A UNAMIOUS APPROVAL AT ALL FOR THEM TO TAKE THESE ACTIONS JUST BEING NASTY PEOPLE OUT OF CONTROL THE MAGISTRATE FROM THE DOWNING CENTREMICHAEL PRICE MADE RULINGS THAT ARE NOT IN THE LEGISLATION AGAINST US FOR COSTS MY LAWYER REFUSED TO LISTEN TO ME IN WANTING ALEX ILKIN STRATA SOLICITOR STRUCK OUT AS HE DID NOT HAVE A UNAMINOUS RESOLUTION TO ACT FOR THE OWNERS ON BEHALF OF THE OWNERS CORPORATION WE WERE FINED THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR THEIR ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES AGAIN WE WERE SUMMONSED TO BURWOOD COURT TO PAY THE ILLEGAL FINE / RULINGS WITH AT LAST BEING THROWN OUT OF COURT AS NO ONE FROM THE OTHER PARTY HAD BEEN INLeonard Saturday 12 May, 2012 - 1:19 PM