- Not in the name of religion
- Claims of retaliation in Sydney traffic
- Do we need seats for indigenous MPs
- Revealed: Operation Pendennis
- Overcoming fear in our suburbs
- Sydney's Favourite Teacher 2014
- Council sister city costs questioned
- 12 secrets to a happy marriage
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
State strata laws set for review
Noise, parking and anti-social behaviour are the most common complaints made by neighbours living in apartment buildings. John Stanley on the new review of strata laws, and has asked for community input.
Body corporate complaints can be varied and downright insane. Just how stupid fights get between those in the same building makes for a funny interview between Paul Murray and Anthony Roberts of NSW Fair Trading.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Strata Plan 8692..normally the duly elected committee would only be elected for one year before any more elections were held at a general meeting..not so with strata plan..committee members stayed on the committee that were not duly elected abusing breaching their responsibilities for several years there was nothing in writing to say that any of them had been duly elected nor was there any thing to say that who was the secretary the treasurer or the chairman they kept their own decisions to themselves by not advising the owners corporation of what actions that they may have taken...11 townhouses..paying 15-000 per annum into a supposed fund very little to show in return..constantly being asked for more money to pay for more things never enough money in the fund? constantly needing to arrange for a special levies...constantly refusing an AUDIT OF THE BOOKS INCLUDING THE STRATA AGENTS From Anglo Parade Campsie NSW
Committee members supporting one guy there that ended up with 2 AVOS On Himself and had to finally move away but had moved in with one of the female committee members. Beware Strata Plans Should Have Their BOOKS AUDITED AT LEAST ONCE EVERY 3 YEARS TO AVOID INSTANCES OF FRAUD.
Leonard still seeking justice from an unjust rotten strata system OkkLeonard Thursday 17 May, 2012 - 5:21 AM
Buyer Beware..Use Extreme Caution As There Are Still Strata Plans Out There That Do Not Allow For Exclusive Use Of A Parking Space On The Common Property..I Myself Would Prefer To Buy A PROPERTY That Quite Clearly Identifies The Allocated Parking Space TAKE NOTE ON THE TITLE DEED..Owners Corporation Approval Can Be With Drawn At Anytime AS GOOD NEIGHBOURS CAN MOVE AWAY AT ANY TIME GOOD NEIGHBOURS AT TIMES AND ARE HARD TO REPLACE..New Neighbours May Think Differently To Youselves..okk
Leonard seeking justice for all okkLeonard Wednesday 16 May, 2012 - 1:57 AM
I CAN REMEMBER BACK TO THE LATE 90S WHEN WE HAD A TOTAL OF 11 TOWNHOUSES IN OUR STRATA WE LIVED IN ONE OF THE BLOCKS OF 4...THE OTHER BLOCK OF 3 HAD LOT 9 FOR SALE..I NOTICED AFTER A FEW WEEKS PEOPLE STANDING OUTSIDE OUR TOWNHOUSE IN ADMIRATION AND WHY NOT..THE SELLING AGENT FROM LIVERPOOL ROAD ASHFIELD NSW HAD PLACED A PHOTO OF OUR HOME LOT ONE BEING A MUCH NICER POSITION THAN LOT NINE IN HIS SHOP FRONT WINDOW..AND WHEN I TOOK HIM OUTSIDE OF HIS SHOP FRONT OFFICE TO SHOW HIM TELLING HIM THAT WE WERE THE OWNERS OF LOT ONE AND WANTED OUR PHOTO IMMEDIATELY REMOVED THIS CROOK JUST LAUGHED AT US..
Leonard seeking justiceLeonard Monday 14 May, 2012 - 12:46 PM
Fair Trading Minister John Roberts has bigger fish to fry! What with corrupt real estate agents, easily corrupting the very lax property selling process. With Fair Trading freely handing out real estate licences like fishing licences, but a very good little $earner for the government are these costly real estate licences, that might as well be put in a packet of cornflakes.Anon Monday 14 May, 2012 - 10:30 AM
New strata laws? I bet all this commotion came about because of my flat mate and me.
We tried living in several apartments when We were younger, but as it turned out, we weren't very good at it.
Our crimes against various strata committees included:
* A legion of friday night Small intimate dinner parties that started out with a few good friends, excellent food and a sophisticated choice of fine wines that morphed and grew into a hundred and fifty strong party fest by sunday afternoon featuring a divorce, two engagements and a narrowly averted birth.
* Buying a new fridge and riding the old one downstairs as a bobsled. (five times)
* Losing the doorkey and abseiling down from the roof of the apartment building to our balcony.
* Failing to negotiate the turn on the landing while walking upstairs and falling out the window on the way home.
* Fishing for blonde dinner dates by attaching a rose, a box of chocolates and a dinner invitation to a fishing rod and strategically dangling them down the outside of the building from our balcony.
* Clearing the dining room table in a impulsive and unplanned fashion with the curtains wide open when the local chapter of the brides of Christ ladies auxiliary were in a meeting in the adjacent block of units.
Blah blah blah....strata committees should get lives.Danny Dix Sunday 13 May, 2012 - 8:45 PM
WE CAME HOME ONE DAY FROM WORK TO FIND A SIGN HAD BEEN PLACED COVERING OUR ONLY PARKING SPACE CLAIMING TELLING US TO NOT PARK AS IT IS A TURNING BAY..WE HAD IN ACTUAL FACT WRITTEN PERMISSION TO PARK THERE DATING BACK SOME 18-20 YEARS
THE COMMITTEE AND THE AGENT HAD SENT NOTICE TO THE REST OF THE OWNERS OTHER THAN US ASKING THEM TO VOTE WITH THEIR OWN DRAWING / SKETCH OF THE PROPERTY AS WELL AS A LARGE ARROW SHOWING OUR PARKING SPACE AS A TURNING BAY WE WERE DRAGGED THROUGH AS THIS WENT TO STRATA SCHEMES WITH THE COMMITTEE SPENDING A WHOPPING SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS WITHOUT ANY APPROVAL OF LEGAL FEES NOTHING HAD HAD A UNAMIOUS APPROVAL AT ALL FOR THEM TO TAKE THESE ACTIONS JUST BEING NASTY PEOPLE OUT OF CONTROL THE MAGISTRATE FROM THE DOWNING CENTREMICHAEL PRICE MADE RULINGS THAT ARE NOT IN THE LEGISLATION AGAINST US FOR COSTS MY LAWYER REFUSED TO LISTEN TO ME IN WANTING ALEX ILKIN STRATA SOLICITOR STRUCK OUT AS HE DID NOT HAVE A UNAMINOUS RESOLUTION TO ACT FOR THE OWNERS ON BEHALF OF THE OWNERS CORPORATION WE WERE FINED THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR THEIR ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES AGAIN WE WERE SUMMONSED TO BURWOOD COURT TO PAY THE ILLEGAL FINE / RULINGS WITH AT LAST BEING THROWN OUT OF COURT AS NO ONE FROM THE OTHER PARTY HAD BEEN INLeonard Saturday 12 May, 2012 - 1:19 PM