- Homelessness growing with women?
- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Stopping kids doing hand stands?
Parents at a Sydney school say they will fight a ban which stops their children from doing handstands and cartwheels in the playground.
The mums and dads at Drummoyne Public School have started a petition, after the school ruled students could only perform the activities under the supervision of a trained gymnastics teacher.
The Education Department's Phil Lambert has told Jason Morrison the principal has made the decision because most of the playground is concrete.
Shona Phillips is among the angry parents and tells Jason Morrison this type of play is part of growing up.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Experts say Aussie children should be regularly weighed and measured at school to combat childhood obesity. Associate Professor Steve Allender tells Stuart Bocking other countries already monitor childhood obesity.
Students from country schools will teach children at Sydney schools about environmental issues through the Kids Teaching Kids initiative. Olympian Brooke Hanson tells The Two Murrays it's fun and informative.
I like the theme of the weblog. Is it free one or paid one? I too want the same theme for my weblog. I will book mark it.Construction Melbourne Saturday 15 September, 2012 - 3:17 PM
The mums and dads at that school, and all the others, are the real cause of the problem, not the schools. There is a whole army of them out there just praying for the day when their kids get injured at school so they can sue someone. We never had these problems when I went to school but we also did not have all of today's litigation laws and endleess numbers of law firms advertising no win no fee services.Greg O Friday 31 August, 2012 - 8:36 AM
Phil says they are great sporting achievers - won't be for long with those stupid rules because everyone too scared to do anything or they will get into trouble.Mick Thursday 30 August, 2012 - 11:32 AM
The fun police and parents with litigation lawyers on speed dial strike again!Peter Tuesday 28 August, 2012 - 4:27 PM