- How to attract the perfect partner?
- Wendy Matthews: Campfire Festival
- Jodi McKay to contest Strathfield
- Too many truck accidents
- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN on Too many truck accidents The police need to get with the times, technology can go a long way in stopping rogue truck drivers and other crime. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Greens Grinch against Christmas @Judith - well said. They are also a band of wanton lunatics that should never be allowed to enter any form of public ... more
- peter on The lone wolf: who is watching? as long as the lone wolf starts at the top and works his way down the food chain it wont affect most Australianspollies then ... more
- MARY CHRISTMAS on Greens Grinch against Christmas So called religious tolerance is only for certain types and certainly not for Christians. Christianity is the most ... more
- Janelle on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens councillor from Woollahra has a point in that the function he is referring to is to be funded by the Woollahra ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on The lone wolf: who is watching? It would not be so bad if there were only "one lone wolf", however these so called lone wolves pop up like mushrooms hidden ... more
- Cleangirl on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens are ruining Australia with their Political Correctness terrorism. more
- Join the Q Society on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Cleangirl has said it all! more
- Join the Q Society on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Local Government Minster should sack this ^&*(%$ person! more
- Leon on Greens Grinch against Christmas You want to celebrate a fairy tale do it at home. I'm sick of the child abuse that comes with brainwashing children. more
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
Swan dumps budget surplus
Treasurer Wayne Swan says government revenues have been hit by "sledgehammer", and it's unlikely the government will deliver a budget surplus in 2012/13. The Opposition says it has become all too hard.
Mr Swan has dumped the government's repeated commitment to returning the budget to surplus in 2012/13 following the release of the latest statement of cash receipts showing revenue down $4 billion on expectations.
The budget at the end of October was running at a deficit of $12.3 billion.
The government had forecast a surplus of $1.1 billion for 2012/13.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Coalition has jumped on The Gillard Government's decision to dump it's much-promised budget surplus describing it as humiliating and embarrassing.
A 4 billion dollar fall in tax revenues on the back of lower commodity prices and the high Australian dollar has forced the Treasurer to concede a surplus is now unlikely.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says it's another sign the government can't be trusted.
Businesses groups have welcomed the Gillard Government's backdown on its promise to deliver a budget surplus.
The Government is out this morning defending it's credibility - saying weak commodity prices and low exports have taken a toll on the nation's finances.
The Coalition is attacking the Prime Minister for another broken promise.
But Scott Thompson from the Business Council of Australia says they're breathing a sigh of relief.
If you had to entrust your children to the care of a federal politician, which one would it be? For almost 3 in 10 surveyed, Finance Minister Penny Wong, whose daughter just turned 1, was the top political babysitter choice.
A doctor paid a million in overtime? The financial shape of NSW hospitals shows thousands of unpaid bills and debts that exceed assets and excessive overtime. Tim Webster asks if we are putting patients at risk?
@David posting - you are 200% correct. I would just add they all present with stiff upper lips, thin skinned and weak, bloody week right through to their plastic backbones. What we need now is a complete new political party to replace these dopes!Samuel Kyrikos Sunday 30 December, 2012 - 8:05 PM
@Danny Dix I agree. The now defunct labor party is moving its so called 'headquarters' - (the base from where all the shonky activities are planned) is moving itself from Sydney to Melbourne. I say good riddance to the rotten bastards. What we now need in Australia is another politial party to be born to replace this pack of abject rotten fools, dunces and clowns.Rakesk Friday 28 December, 2012 - 9:40 PM
@Terrence, mate you are one brainwashed Dhead, I have only seen people like you on the "get up" blogs. Take a deep breath amd smell the roses mate, it ain't smelling as sweet as you always say.Craig Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 11:15 PM
Mario P. thanks for mentioning Greece which has been all but destroyed by mismanagement, corruption and ideological obsession of right-wing governments. Australia must ensure we don't hand ourselves over to tea party like nuts to make Greece out of us. Let's look at the better performing ones like the Scandinavian countries in Europe who are ruled by centre-left parties.Franco Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 9:48 AM
@Franco bankrupt Greece and other like minded bankrupt, gnashing at the teeth, failed socialist countries want your distorted lying hypocrite ilk, not Australia. It is quite clear that you dislike Australians, what a damned shame. Like yourself, the insulting comments you make are worthless and totally unsubstantiated usual Labor lies.Mario P. Wednesday 26 December, 2012 - 10:38 AM
Hardly surprising that LIEberal party stooges want to talk about Gillard and Swan! Their Abutt has nothing to talk about. Good thing that businesses have welcomed abandoning the pursuit of surplus.
- run out of steam on Craig Thomson
- spectacular failure in opposing carbon pricing
- personal attacks on PM backfired
- Slipper conspiracy (to bring down the govt) specatacularly collapsed
- no substantial policies or programmes with less than a year to go
How does this goof even expect to be considered?Franco Tuesday 25 December, 2012 - 9:35 AM