- Homelessness growing with women?
- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Swan dumps budget surplus
Treasurer Wayne Swan says government revenues have been hit by "sledgehammer", and it's unlikely the government will deliver a budget surplus in 2012/13. The Opposition says it has become all too hard.
Mr Swan has dumped the government's repeated commitment to returning the budget to surplus in 2012/13 following the release of the latest statement of cash receipts showing revenue down $4 billion on expectations.
The budget at the end of October was running at a deficit of $12.3 billion.
The government had forecast a surplus of $1.1 billion for 2012/13.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Coalition has jumped on The Gillard Government's decision to dump it's much-promised budget surplus describing it as humiliating and embarrassing.
A 4 billion dollar fall in tax revenues on the back of lower commodity prices and the high Australian dollar has forced the Treasurer to concede a surplus is now unlikely.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says it's another sign the government can't be trusted.
Businesses groups have welcomed the Gillard Government's backdown on its promise to deliver a budget surplus.
The Government is out this morning defending it's credibility - saying weak commodity prices and low exports have taken a toll on the nation's finances.
The Coalition is attacking the Prime Minister for another broken promise.
But Scott Thompson from the Business Council of Australia says they're breathing a sigh of relief.
If you had to entrust your children to the care of a federal politician, which one would it be? For almost 3 in 10 surveyed, Finance Minister Penny Wong, whose daughter just turned 1, was the top political babysitter choice.
A doctor paid a million in overtime? The financial shape of NSW hospitals shows thousands of unpaid bills and debts that exceed assets and excessive overtime. Tim Webster asks if we are putting patients at risk?
@David posting - you are 200% correct. I would just add they all present with stiff upper lips, thin skinned and weak, bloody week right through to their plastic backbones. What we need now is a complete new political party to replace these dopes!Samuel Kyrikos Sunday 30 December, 2012 - 8:05 PM
@Danny Dix I agree. The now defunct labor party is moving its so called 'headquarters' - (the base from where all the shonky activities are planned) is moving itself from Sydney to Melbourne. I say good riddance to the rotten bastards. What we now need in Australia is another politial party to be born to replace this pack of abject rotten fools, dunces and clowns.Rakesk Friday 28 December, 2012 - 9:40 PM
@Terrence, mate you are one brainwashed Dhead, I have only seen people like you on the "get up" blogs. Take a deep breath amd smell the roses mate, it ain't smelling as sweet as you always say.Craig Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 11:15 PM
Mario P. thanks for mentioning Greece which has been all but destroyed by mismanagement, corruption and ideological obsession of right-wing governments. Australia must ensure we don't hand ourselves over to tea party like nuts to make Greece out of us. Let's look at the better performing ones like the Scandinavian countries in Europe who are ruled by centre-left parties.Franco Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 9:48 AM
@Franco bankrupt Greece and other like minded bankrupt, gnashing at the teeth, failed socialist countries want your distorted lying hypocrite ilk, not Australia. It is quite clear that you dislike Australians, what a damned shame. Like yourself, the insulting comments you make are worthless and totally unsubstantiated usual Labor lies.Mario P. Wednesday 26 December, 2012 - 10:38 AM
Hardly surprising that LIEberal party stooges want to talk about Gillard and Swan! Their Abutt has nothing to talk about. Good thing that businesses have welcomed abandoning the pursuit of surplus.
- run out of steam on Craig Thomson
- spectacular failure in opposing carbon pricing
- personal attacks on PM backfired
- Slipper conspiracy (to bring down the govt) specatacularly collapsed
- no substantial policies or programmes with less than a year to go
How does this goof even expect to be considered?Franco Tuesday 25 December, 2012 - 9:35 AM