- Driverless cars need to be assertive
- 100th anniversary of the Anzacs
- Do we really need local councils?
- Phil Hughes 'critical' in St Vincents
- What is the cause of autism?
- 106 days looking for a park?
- Ryan Ruffles: a rising golf star
- Palmer moves on from Lambie
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kylie Kelly on Baby found in Quakers Hill drain This will put the pro-abortionists into a frenzy. See how all life is precious, not just the politicians' lives, who ... more
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
Sydney protest is a wake up call?
Has the pro-Islam protest united our community or divided it? Jason Morrison looks back over the violence demonstrated at the weekend and what needs to be done to move forward in faith and trust.
Jason Speaks with SMH Columnist Paul Sheehan who says it’s not just a Muslim problem - this type of problem is also young men who want to let off steam.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Muslim riots on the weekend aren’t just an Australian problem, it’s a global issue. Jason Morrison with Founder and Director of ZeroRisk International Tony Loughran.
The president of the anti-discrimination board has labelled signs at the weekend's Islamic riots in Sydney calling for people to be be-headed as 'unacceptable'.
An image of a child holding up a banner which read "behead all those who insult the prophet" has caused worldwide outrage.
But President of the Anti-Discrimination Board Stefan Kerkasharian wouldn't tell Jason Morrison whether he thinks those brandishing the banners should be prosecuted.
Stuart Bocking says we need to remain alert to those who disagree with our way of life and our values. He reflects back on the events of the weekend.
A leading Islamic expert and former police officer says 'poor parenting' is partly to blame for the weekend's violent riots in Sydney's CBD.
The fallout from the demonstration is continuing today, with calls for racial discrimination laws to be extended to include religion.
Kuranda Seyit from the Forum on Australia's Islamic Relations has told Stuart Bocking many of those involved in the riot are un-educated on the issues.
The Immigration Minister Chris Bowen says he's prepared to take action against any non-citizens who were involved in Sydney's violent protests.
Mr Bowen says the offenders involved in the weekend riots needed to be identified and he would await the outcome of any legal action by the New South Wales Police before he made use of his powers.
Mr Bowen joined politicians from both sides of parliament in condemning the actions of the rioters, and praised the Islamic community's denunciation of their actions.
Waleed Aly reveals that the scenes of Sydney taken over by protesting Muslims has also embarrassed fellow followers of Islam. He chats with Ian 'Dicko' Dickson on how he feels about the film denigrating the Prophet Mohammed.
'This is the behaviour of a drunkenly humiliated people: swinging wildly with the hope of landing a blow, any blow, somewhere, anywhere.'
Ian 'Dicko' Dickson gives his views on the riot scenes in Sydney over the weekend protesting over a film that denigrates the Prophet Mohammed.
Outspoken Liberal Senator Cory Bernardi tells David Oldfield that Saturday's Muslim riots in Sydney are " a wake-up call to Australians in denial".
A mother of a young boy who held up a sign calling for people to be beheaded during the riots in the CBD has handed herself into police. Family Services Minister Pru Goward with Jason Morrison on the child remaining with his parents.
The woman turned up overnight after DOCS was told to review the family in light of the image, which has caused global outrage.
Sydney police have described the actions of some pro-Islam protestors as disgraceful after a demonstration turned violent in the city's CBD. Eight people were arrested and six police officers injured.
World leaders have condemned an attack on the US embassy in Libya, blamed on radical Islamists. Dicko seeks out what moderate Muslims think, and Keysar Trad speaks of his indignation over the attack.
I certainly don't condone the violent behaviour of the protesters in Sydney but how many instances are there of people acting like crazy violent idiots over SPORT? How is it really different? These people are just more organised...cris Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 7:53 PM
@Longman; wants to convert the Sydney Opera House into a mosque and fill it with hatred for "infidel" Aussies. Australia is obviously in deep trouble and sadly cannot get out of it with the current piss-weak, disloyal, unpatriotic leaders that we have! Cori Bernardi and Barnaby Joyce could easily fix things up for Australians. Forget the rest!!Phoebe Quinn Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 7:25 PM
On the Islamic Riot in Sydney over the weekend, the Government should not stand for this.
Yes EVERYONE in this country has the right to a "Peaceful" protest, yet these clowns flout the Law at every opportunity.
Forget the Police, get the army in there, as I know that if I did exactly the same thing, I would have been punished severely.
Do not come to our country, and try to make it like the country that you have fled from. Wake up to yourselves.
This is a beautiful country, and our great way of life is slowly deteriorating, due in part to our immigration policy.
Lets vote a Government in that has the balls to change things for the better, and one that cares about this greet nation.Stephen Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 3:24 PM
What I see in this debate are the following:
1. There are more racists and red necks here than I originally thought.
2. The ignorance of many here could look George Bush like Albert Einstein.
3. The problem is not with Muslims or Islam the problem is with us.
4. There is no punishment for the one who provokes.
5. Racism is here to stayLongman Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 12:42 PM
@Mindless Terrence is obviously from Dubbo.Rakesh A. Aduk Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 11:14 AM
The comments by our 'foreign minister' will surprise no one. Bob Carr lives in a world of his own imagination.Peter Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 8:48 AM