- Danes to celebrate Opera House 40th
- Sydney bus stop basher on parole
- Melissa Doyle to leave Sunrise
- Chaos: Latham on a return to Rudd
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- Street names that bring a giggle
- 2nd Sydney airport Badgery's Creek?
- Young boys boxing, at 11?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- CARMEN on Let down by the justice system? Yusuf...PLEASE STOP ACTING LIKE AN IDIOT....Sharia Law ONLY BELONGS TO THE MUSLIMS AND HAS NO PLACE WHATSOEVER IN ... more
- CARMEN on Chaos: Latham on a return to Rudd In this instance, I wholeheartedly AGREE WITH MARK LATHAM...After all that was said by his fellow colleagues at the time of ... more
- Kimber on Benefit cards for dole recipients? Yes, absolutely, definitely, no question, if these people are willing to rely on the taxpayer funding their existence then ... more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Young boys boxing, at 11? Obviously looking for trouble, copping direct hard hits to the head is clearly not healthy and very dangerous. There would ... more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Benefit cards for dole recipients? This is absolutely essential, it is plainly common sense! Why has it not already been done?? What have all the movers & ... more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on James Gandolfini dead at 51 Only 51, that is a bit sobering! I wonder whether it was all worth it? Death comes like a thief in the night! There is ... more
- Peter on Benefit cards for dole recipients? Looking at the dregs of humanity that were against any type of card on ACA last night gives more credence to it being ... more
- yusuf on Let down by the justice system? Surprise surprise, Carmen is opting for Shariah law.Sorry Carmen you cant have it both ways.It is really sad how our so ... more
- Peter on 2nd Sydney airport Badgery's Creek? Get over it, we have a very good airport that is under utilised and all that stopping it being used to its fullest potential ... more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Street names that bring a giggle Paul, sadly under the racist phobic, Labor government! We have become a very stupid, divided nation! No longer a smart ... more
- Elizabeth Passaro on Let down by the justice system? Bring back the death sentance. For all rapists, serial murderers & child sex affenders. I've always said. The law is only ... more
- CARMEN on Why are Catholic schools booming? Terence....More spew is pouring out of your mouth....You hopeless "NINCOMPOOPS"...A MAN WHO HOLDS ZERO PRINCIPLES...Perhaps ... more
- CARMEN on Benefit cards for dole recipients? ABSOLUTELY A BIG YES.....Dole recipients should only be getting the taxpayer funded monies FOR A SHORT TIME.....Every effort ... more
- CARMEN on Let down by the justice system? Capital punishment should be re-introduced.....NOBODY SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE ANOTHER HUMAN BEING'S LIFE AWAY UNDER ... more
- Zoran Grujic on Police set higher fine quotas? When will premier start to fix our hospitals what he promised before election more
- Angela Coombes on Police set higher fine quotas? @Jeff posting here I fully agree. O'Farrell and Co are a big deceitful let down of those of us who voted for Liberals. He is ... more
- Samuel J Kyrikos on Police set higher fine quotas? I agree abortionTruth. What is needed is more unmarked police cars to reign in those dangerous mugs tear arsing around in ... more
- The Real Problem on Police set higher fine quotas? There is nearly always a solution to every problem. Provided we dont allow the problem to grow to the point where it ... more
- James W on Let down by the justice system? Jill, her family and friends were let down by the Justice System well before sentencing. The lesson here is to look out for ... more
- Terrence on Time to lift drinking age to 21? The right-wing loonies consider prohibition, intolerance of crime, and harsh punishments as behaviour associated with ... more
Sydney protest is a wake up call?
Has the pro-Islam protest united our community or divided it? Jason Morrison looks back over the violence demonstrated at the weekend and what needs to be done to move forward in faith and trust.
Jason Speaks with SMH Columnist Paul Sheehan who says it’s not just a Muslim problem - this type of problem is also young men who want to let off steam.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Muslim riots on the weekend aren’t just an Australian problem, it’s a global issue. Jason Morrison with Founder and Director of ZeroRisk International Tony Loughran.
The president of the anti-discrimination board has labelled signs at the weekend's Islamic riots in Sydney calling for people to be be-headed as 'unacceptable'.
An image of a child holding up a banner which read "behead all those who insult the prophet" has caused worldwide outrage.
But President of the Anti-Discrimination Board Stefan Kerkasharian wouldn't tell Jason Morrison whether he thinks those brandishing the banners should be prosecuted.
Stuart Bocking says we need to remain alert to those who disagree with our way of life and our values. He reflects back on the events of the weekend.
A leading Islamic expert and former police officer says 'poor parenting' is partly to blame for the weekend's violent riots in Sydney's CBD.
The fallout from the demonstration is continuing today, with calls for racial discrimination laws to be extended to include religion.
Kuranda Seyit from the Forum on Australia's Islamic Relations has told Stuart Bocking many of those involved in the riot are un-educated on the issues.
The Immigration Minister Chris Bowen says he's prepared to take action against any non-citizens who were involved in Sydney's violent protests.
Mr Bowen says the offenders involved in the weekend riots needed to be identified and he would await the outcome of any legal action by the New South Wales Police before he made use of his powers.
Mr Bowen joined politicians from both sides of parliament in condemning the actions of the rioters, and praised the Islamic community's denunciation of their actions.
Waleed Aly reveals that the scenes of Sydney taken over by protesting Muslims has also embarrassed fellow followers of Islam. He chats with Ian 'Dicko' Dickson on how he feels about the film denigrating the Prophet Mohammed.
'This is the behaviour of a drunkenly humiliated people: swinging wildly with the hope of landing a blow, any blow, somewhere, anywhere.'
Ian 'Dicko' Dickson gives his views on the riot scenes in Sydney over the weekend protesting over a film that denigrates the Prophet Mohammed.
Outspoken Liberal Senator Cory Bernardi tells David Oldfield that Saturday's Muslim riots in Sydney are " a wake-up call to Australians in denial".
A mother of a young boy who held up a sign calling for people to be beheaded during the riots in the CBD has handed herself into police. Family Services Minister Pru Goward with Jason Morrison on the child remaining with his parents.
The woman turned up overnight after DOCS was told to review the family in light of the image, which has caused global outrage.
Sydney police have described the actions of some pro-Islam protestors as disgraceful after a demonstration turned violent in the city's CBD. Eight people were arrested and six police officers injured.
World leaders have condemned an attack on the US embassy in Libya, blamed on radical Islamists. Dicko seeks out what moderate Muslims think, and Keysar Trad speaks of his indignation over the attack.
I certainly don't condone the violent behaviour of the protesters in Sydney but how many instances are there of people acting like crazy violent idiots over SPORT? How is it really different? These people are just more organised...cris Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 7:53 PM
@Longman; wants to convert the Sydney Opera House into a mosque and fill it with hatred for "infidel" Aussies. Australia is obviously in deep trouble and sadly cannot get out of it with the current piss-weak, disloyal, unpatriotic leaders that we have! Cori Bernardi and Barnaby Joyce could easily fix things up for Australians. Forget the rest!!Phoebe Quinn Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 7:25 PM
On the Islamic Riot in Sydney over the weekend, the Government should not stand for this.
Yes EVERYONE in this country has the right to a "Peaceful" protest, yet these clowns flout the Law at every opportunity.
Forget the Police, get the army in there, as I know that if I did exactly the same thing, I would have been punished severely.
Do not come to our country, and try to make it like the country that you have fled from. Wake up to yourselves.
This is a beautiful country, and our great way of life is slowly deteriorating, due in part to our immigration policy.
Lets vote a Government in that has the balls to change things for the better, and one that cares about this greet nation.Stephen Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 3:24 PM
What I see in this debate are the following:
1. There are more racists and red necks here than I originally thought.
2. The ignorance of many here could look George Bush like Albert Einstein.
3. The problem is not with Muslims or Islam the problem is with us.
4. There is no punishment for the one who provokes.
5. Racism is here to stayLongman Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 12:42 PM
@Mindless Terrence is obviously from Dubbo.Rakesh A. Aduk Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 11:14 AM
The comments by our 'foreign minister' will surprise no one. Bob Carr lives in a world of his own imagination.Peter Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 8:48 AM