- Why do we have tongue twisters?
- Health system needs a checkup?
- Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela
- Mandela was a giant, and a man!
- Nelson Mandela changed the era
- Sydney 500: Mark Skaife on 2UE
- Tributes flow for Nelson Mandela
- Would you pay $580 for the Stones?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ricky on Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela When he was in prison i protested outside south africa house in London.GREAT MAN.All politicians should learn from him.RIP ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Lingerie football: is it sexist? I may become a convert to league if my wife lets me!I'm not into watching men play with each other. more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? @ ahmed, are you are part of the misinformation society, haven't you been listening to the court reports on the radio about ... more
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
- Jonathon L Benson on ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy This, in my professional view, is the beginning of the end of the utterly hopeless O'Farrell government in NSW. Just ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? @Lis posting here - you are absolutely correct. I clearly recall a joker in the 1990's who was knocked back for entry into ... more
- Samuel J on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? @Craig - absolutely correct. The abject, disgraceful rotten mess that Gillard and Rudd the Dudd left the new Coalition ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? This reported outcome says a lot in regard to policies and practice pertaining to teacher selection, education, training and ... more
- James W on Aussie students are falling behind? A child's most important teacher/s are it's parents. more
- Jester4212 on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @Bikinis. Riding against the traffic is without a doubt the worst idea and will definitely contribute to more fatalities. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? Another fine mess Australian kids are in! more
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
- Peter on Aussie students are falling behind? Doesn't matter how much money you throw at the education system! The student will only be as good as the teacher,teaching ... more
- Jester4212 on Handbook for men on women? This book sounds disgustingly stereotypical for both sexes. I really don't think this lady has a clue. more
Sydney protest is a wake up call?
Has the pro-Islam protest united our community or divided it? Jason Morrison looks back over the violence demonstrated at the weekend and what needs to be done to move forward in faith and trust.
Jason Speaks with SMH Columnist Paul Sheehan who says it’s not just a Muslim problem - this type of problem is also young men who want to let off steam.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Muslim riots on the weekend aren’t just an Australian problem, it’s a global issue. Jason Morrison with Founder and Director of ZeroRisk International Tony Loughran.
The president of the anti-discrimination board has labelled signs at the weekend's Islamic riots in Sydney calling for people to be be-headed as 'unacceptable'.
An image of a child holding up a banner which read "behead all those who insult the prophet" has caused worldwide outrage.
But President of the Anti-Discrimination Board Stefan Kerkasharian wouldn't tell Jason Morrison whether he thinks those brandishing the banners should be prosecuted.
Stuart Bocking says we need to remain alert to those who disagree with our way of life and our values. He reflects back on the events of the weekend.
A leading Islamic expert and former police officer says 'poor parenting' is partly to blame for the weekend's violent riots in Sydney's CBD.
The fallout from the demonstration is continuing today, with calls for racial discrimination laws to be extended to include religion.
Kuranda Seyit from the Forum on Australia's Islamic Relations has told Stuart Bocking many of those involved in the riot are un-educated on the issues.
The Immigration Minister Chris Bowen says he's prepared to take action against any non-citizens who were involved in Sydney's violent protests.
Mr Bowen says the offenders involved in the weekend riots needed to be identified and he would await the outcome of any legal action by the New South Wales Police before he made use of his powers.
Mr Bowen joined politicians from both sides of parliament in condemning the actions of the rioters, and praised the Islamic community's denunciation of their actions.
Waleed Aly reveals that the scenes of Sydney taken over by protesting Muslims has also embarrassed fellow followers of Islam. He chats with Ian 'Dicko' Dickson on how he feels about the film denigrating the Prophet Mohammed.
'This is the behaviour of a drunkenly humiliated people: swinging wildly with the hope of landing a blow, any blow, somewhere, anywhere.'
Ian 'Dicko' Dickson gives his views on the riot scenes in Sydney over the weekend protesting over a film that denigrates the Prophet Mohammed.
Outspoken Liberal Senator Cory Bernardi tells David Oldfield that Saturday's Muslim riots in Sydney are " a wake-up call to Australians in denial".
A mother of a young boy who held up a sign calling for people to be beheaded during the riots in the CBD has handed herself into police. Family Services Minister Pru Goward with Jason Morrison on the child remaining with his parents.
The woman turned up overnight after DOCS was told to review the family in light of the image, which has caused global outrage.
Sydney police have described the actions of some pro-Islam protestors as disgraceful after a demonstration turned violent in the city's CBD. Eight people were arrested and six police officers injured.
World leaders have condemned an attack on the US embassy in Libya, blamed on radical Islamists. Dicko seeks out what moderate Muslims think, and Keysar Trad speaks of his indignation over the attack.
I certainly don't condone the violent behaviour of the protesters in Sydney but how many instances are there of people acting like crazy violent idiots over SPORT? How is it really different? These people are just more organised...cris Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 7:53 PM
@Longman; wants to convert the Sydney Opera House into a mosque and fill it with hatred for "infidel" Aussies. Australia is obviously in deep trouble and sadly cannot get out of it with the current piss-weak, disloyal, unpatriotic leaders that we have! Cori Bernardi and Barnaby Joyce could easily fix things up for Australians. Forget the rest!!Phoebe Quinn Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 7:25 PM
On the Islamic Riot in Sydney over the weekend, the Government should not stand for this.
Yes EVERYONE in this country has the right to a "Peaceful" protest, yet these clowns flout the Law at every opportunity.
Forget the Police, get the army in there, as I know that if I did exactly the same thing, I would have been punished severely.
Do not come to our country, and try to make it like the country that you have fled from. Wake up to yourselves.
This is a beautiful country, and our great way of life is slowly deteriorating, due in part to our immigration policy.
Lets vote a Government in that has the balls to change things for the better, and one that cares about this greet nation.Stephen Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 3:24 PM
What I see in this debate are the following:
1. There are more racists and red necks here than I originally thought.
2. The ignorance of many here could look George Bush like Albert Einstein.
3. The problem is not with Muslims or Islam the problem is with us.
4. There is no punishment for the one who provokes.
5. Racism is here to stayLongman Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 12:42 PM
@Mindless Terrence is obviously from Dubbo.Rakesh A. Aduk Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 11:14 AM
The comments by our 'foreign minister' will surprise no one. Bob Carr lives in a world of his own imagination.Peter Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 8:48 AM