- Ian Roberts: the effects of concussion
- Search for mystery flight MH370
- Mark Bosnich on his career at the net
- Hotseat: OK to profit off WWI?
- Aussies to zap space junk with lasers?
- Vivid Sydney set to be biggest yet!
- Making TV soapies in a war zone?
- Buy local: vote with your wallet
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
Sydney schools to go high rise?
Parents groups say they're happy to discuss a plan to tear down a central Sydney school and replace it with a high rise building, which would house classrooms, residential apartments and shops.
Mums and Dads at Ultimo Public School have been asked how they feel about the proposal, with some raising concerns about the safety and privacy of students.
Stuart Bocking says there is some merit in the scheme. Have your say on the idea.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The closure of schools by the former Labor State Government - is being used to justify the possible sale of inner-Sydney school-land, to a developer. Paul Murray speaks with Opposition Leader John Robertson about the proposal.
Half of Australia's 10 year olds are already dieting with boys watching their weight even more than girls. Stuart Bocking on the fixation on body image that is stemming from a society fixated on being slim.
Jason Morrison discovered how insurance companies are taking some people for granted, raising costs for ridiculous reasons. He speaks with a former insurance broker about the tricks of the trade being used.
Using office block space for schools is a very good innovative move. The children will be completely focused on being intensely taught for a few hours a day and then they can have their recreation after school hours. The concentrating students would not be distracted and roaming about, like in the current sprawling schools. Obviously this would be efficient in controlling the students location-whereabouts!! The Sydney U.T.S. Tower has lots of lecture-class rooms without all the distractions that so many current schools have. The end result would be a big improvement in the actual learning environment.Rae Thursday 18 October, 2012 - 10:47 AM