- Father hugs man who killed daughter
- Anzac Day two-up: where to play?
- Time for Charles to be King?
- Why are pensioners in the pinch?
- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- Can you impersonate the PM?
- Get set for a brutal budget?
- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tangled Web on Why are pensioners in the pinch? Well that blatant hypocrite, no "heavy lifting" for big Joe Hockey, him and Tony Abbott need to look in the mirror. Big Joe ... more
- Julie on Why are pensioners in the pinch? I heard a caller on radio today suggest that the blowout in Age Pensions is due to the increase in single age pensioners. ... more
- Greg O on Get set for a brutal budget? adriano. Back in about 2007 just before the financial crisis hit us a little and the Northern Hemisphere a lot, the rich ... more
- Bao Tran on Get set for a brutal budget? I think the government has it wrong with the medicare co-payment. Everyone should be entitled to "free" GP or emergency ... more
- Tony on Get set for a brutal budget? Better than spending what we don't have and burdening future generations with paying back Labor's drunken sailor policies! ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Get set for a brutal budget? I trust the budget of Hockey's will seriously address the utterly overstaffed Australian public service. It needs an axe ... more
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: will it always be sacred? Sadly I can recall when Anzac Day was truly sacred, entirely unlike now. It was a full day public holiday, not a quick less ... more
- Ross H. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? @Bitter Kimber here fails to see that we are already taxed right up to the eyeballs now with more than enough to properly ... more
Targeting all Kings Cross problems
Former Assistant Police Commissioner and Author of 'Blood Money' Clive Small with George & Paul on just how dangerous a place is Kings Cross. He says it's time to target all problems, not just transport.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Sydney City Council has released a transport plan to fix Kings Cross after the king-hit killing of teenager Thomas Kelly. Jason Morrison on what is proposed and what needs to be done to fix the cross.
Is red tape risking your security? Stuart Bocking & Lord Mayor Clover Moore on why CCTV cameras are desperately wanted, bureaucracy holds them back and criminals are getting away with murder.
The need for the Riot Squad on sat night in Berowra could have been avoided if they didn`t send a little girl with the policeman to see what was going on, she was an easy target for the party goers to think they could start abusing them, Kings Cross gets the same treatment.Johannes Monday 16 July, 2012 - 10:11 AM
Zero tolerance all you want.. the fact of the matter is that the courts are not handing out sever penalties for this huge spike of crime, things are not going to improve whilst judges are handing out small parking ticket fines.Wise Man Steve Monday 16 July, 2012 - 9:52 AM
ZERO TOLERANCE IS THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM;
I am not amazed that our new-age filled NSW police disregard zero tolerance and implausibly argue against it. Our inactive police are 'no longer a force' anymore and are really part of the rapidly long escalating crime problem. The "tolerant" ineffective NSW police, are everyday sounding more like excuse making social workers, whenever it conveniently suits them. New York Police ZERO TOLERANCE is the obvious answer! In the meantime our confused children in school need to be educated with discipline once again, they have lost respect and have been taught the new-age green ways with a rights for whatever, whenever it pleases them attitude, having very little respect for older people for themselves or for other people's property.
N.B. Given the crime crisis thats is going on, I was not astounded to hear the ex-Police Commissioner Clive Small's softly, softly excuses!?Fred Saturday 14 July, 2012 - 1:44 PM