- Open Mic: Distance Education
- 19 new charges against Thomson
- Politician hands out his pay rise
- Ford to cut production in Australia
- Cost of raising children on the rise
- Calls to legalise euthanasia in NSW
- Nationwide crackdown on illegal guns
- Video: The Great Gatsby Red Carpet
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Vince on Ford to cut production in Australia Totally agree with Peter. The writing was on the wall years ago, so it should not have come as a surprise. I can't feel ... more
- Kimber on Calls to legalise euthanasia in NSW Anybody who has had to sit by the side of terminally ill person and see their distress at having to linger and suffer in ... more
- Robert on UK terror: soldier hacked to death @paulo. You havent got a clue about WW2. Try researching without hollywood movies and propaganda books. more
- Robert on Ford to cut production in Australia So much for globalisation. Boy they really suckered us into that one. more
- Peter on UK terror: soldier hacked to death And one of the biggest supporters of the Nazi's was Islam! the SS even had a muslim death squad! The EDL and other so called ... more
- Peter on Ford to cut production in Australia And who didn't see this coming years ago?Typical Labor and Unions not living in the real world and understanding that ... more
- Peter on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Barry was conned by Ju-lier!There is no extra money for Gonski! Any money they do have has been re-directed from other ... more
- paulo on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support Terrence again you think all gays just want to go to discos and saunas and have many partners.Well there are many who ... more
- paulo on UK terror: soldier hacked to death I come from London .Homegrown Islamic extremism is a problem, however the EDL the English Defence League that rioted after ... more
- m on Man refuses rising for magistrate what i would like to see is someone giving parking tickets out in front of any mosque on a friday. council !! anyone ... more
- Terrence on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Carry on Barry! If a Lieberal party stooge accuses you of being Labour - you who won a landslide election for the party, ... more
- Terrence on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support @Paulo, why is it prejudice to point out that the institution of marriage has nothing to do with homosexual lifestyle? Tell ... more
- Terrence on Economic hard times for Aussies Well Bill, I wish you had said that before you came here. If you think we are doing it tough spare a thought for most of the ... more
- Terrence on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Party hacks will always talk like party hacks. To them the country or the state is not more important than their petty ... more
- Michael on PM back in Sydney's greater west Well if Bob Hawke is going to be there, he can explain to Julia what its like to be stabbed in the back whilst P.M. Maybe ... more
- Michael on Claims against Ben Te'o denied Put simply, no charges laid by her or Mr Te'o so this is a non event. No one should condone violence of any kind against ... more
- Bill Baxter on PM back in Sydney's greater west A community cabinet eh! She would not even understand how cabinet government is supposed to operate! What a horrible piece ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Contempt not standing for Magistrate This is called Cultural Jihad!It is the thin edge of the wedge.Join the Q Society to uphold Australian values.Jason they are ... more
- bazza on PM back in Sydney's greater west bob is only going to get a bit of the ndis cash. more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Girl held at gun point in robbery Again, people these days do not have much respect for the very wishy-washy undisciplined legal system! A damned system full ... more
Taxpayer subsidies to visit relatives?
The Islamic Women's Welfare Association's has put forward a proposal that new migrants should get taxpayer subsidies to visit overseas relatives. David Oldfield on the submission to a multicultural inquiry.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
@jeff, actually the sort of crap we defintely don't want is the bigoted talk you put on display here. When you come to our country you must learn that we do not judge people by their race, religion, gender or language. To do so is bigotry and racist.Terrence Wednesday 15 February, 2012 - 12:18 AM
Doesn`t look like we`ve mentioned that we expect them to get jobs and contribute to Australia.
How about we allow the persicuted Christians in, maybe they will assimilate. Free cigarettes, housing, food, medical, education, money, internet, so why not free overseas travel too ?John A Tuesday 14 February, 2012 - 3:41 PM
Islamic Women wanting rights, now that's funny, Lets look at the UK as a terrible example how Islam can change things for the worst.
In the UK they have over 80 Muslim courts, where the man and women follow Muslim rules, basically the women is worthless and always found guilty and has no rights and the husbands get away with everything.
Simple if you don't want that sort of crap happening here, then just say no to the Islamic Women's Welfare Association's.
Heck if they pass that, maybe I'll put a bill forward to stop paying taxes, because I don't want to fund this.
Jeffjeff Monday 13 February, 2012 - 5:09 PM
And the ones wanting to go home to visit their relatives at our expense, will be the ones to whom we granted asylum because they said they were at risk in their native countries. If the federal "government" goes along with this it would again make us a laughing stock. Still, Gillard and co. are experts at it. Just think of our immigration "policy": Malaysia, Indonesia, East Timor, PNG, etc. Oh Dear, I can see the writing on the wall.David T. Monday 13 February, 2012 - 4:04 PM
This is clearly more twisted political correct talk, just to tell a lie. I find it absolutely amazing that very dubious $15K illegal boat "refugees" allegedly fleeing "dangerous" countries are going back home for holidays at the expense of battling taxpayers-Centelink?? These lazy bludgers are rubbing salt into our wounds. Temporary Protection Visa's are clearly needed with the essential reopening of Nauru. What is this mongrel Labor/Green government doing to Australia???Jeanette Monday 13 February, 2012 - 3:26 PM
your kidding why!!!! do they deserve this If I have to visit my dying sister in uk I had to pay for it I dont expect the goverment to pay.
Taxes and the monies are for helping mentally ill,disabled ,veterans pensioners and homeless no way for a religious group their church can pay.john golding Monday 13 February, 2012 - 1:52 PM