- PM discusses the issues on 2UE
- What to call the new CBD sculpture?
- David Suchet: The Last Confession
- Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD
- $1 milk sending our farmers broke
- Work for Dole rules far too strict?
- No place to top up Opal cards?
- Fighting stops MH17 recovery
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD LooksÂ like Clover Moores brain and just as empty more
- James W on Work for the dole doesn't work Abetz tells Brisbane that a face to face meeting with an enployer is the proper way to apply for a job. 40 meetings a month ... more
- Paul Barnham on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD What a waste of money. I think it has a touch of the "Emperors new clothes" more
- Sean on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Giant Tapeworm!Inject it into all the clowns at the council who decided to block up the streets with this ridiculous, ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Work for the dole doesn't work From what I can see, so called "volunteers" aka "work for the dole" in charities like Vinnies, Salvos, Smith Family etc is ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Evidently all of these so called "free trade agreements" have decimated our job market. The days are long gone where you ... more
- Tony on Work for the dole doesn't work Of course work for the dole will not work for those who don't want to work! more
- Greg O on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? This is the type of poll result that you get when far too many people think the qualities of a good Prime Minister are ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? Thank God for Tony Abbott. Imagine if Rudd the Dudd was still prime minister - he would be ringing Putin the Thug and ... more
- Keith A Tudor on PM polls are on the slide? Well said Sam and Tony! It is this breed of dole bludgers and others that want to live on government handouts fostered by ... more
- Tony on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? The only thing we can be assured of is that Rudd or Gillard were still in the hotseat, headless chooks would be handling the ... more
- Tony on Asylum seekers heading to mainland The traitorous illegal and economic chasing advocates and their equally foul legal soliciting brethren should open up their ... more
- COUNTRY SHOPPERS GALORE on Asylum seekers heading to mainland Asylum seekers or queue jumpers, economic country shoppers? We absolutely must protect our borders and nation's sovereignty. ... more
- NO GOD NO ATHEISTS... on Near death experiences all vivid What about the many saintly people who pass away and their bodies miraculously remain incorrupt, even after 100's of years. ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on PM Abbott: struggling for respect? Well just look at the flip side, so perhaps we prefer silly willy to be the Prime Minister... more
- Samuel J on PM polls are on the slide? I believe these so called 'polls' are conducted in die-hard labor party electrotes hence the skewed outcome or abject lies. ... more
- Tony on PM polls are on the slide? It is obvious that the vast majority of Australians prefer wishy washy, cash giverway, leftist green brain dead governments, ... more
- PRO LIFE... on Time for serious debate on euthanasia I am not sure about euthanasia, especially with so many devious, agenda driven people around? Wanting to hurry up things! I ... more
- Jan McTiernan on Time for serious debate on euthanasia If someone wants to die it should be with their own hand. Asking someone else to take your life is selfish. Helping someone ... more
- JULIAR... on Earth missed catastrophe by a week Could this be the very beginning of Julia's anthropogenic global warming...quick, hurry up Tony, bring back the carbon tax. more
Teen dies after Kings Cross assault
A teenager who was king hit in Sydney's Kings Cross on the weekend has died in hospital. Two Murrays discuss the attack on Thomas Kelly by an unknown man as he walked along Victoria Street.
Mr Kelly, who was talking on his phone at the time of the unprovoked attack around 10pm, collapsed to the ground.
The offender fled the scene while the teenager was rushed to hospital in a critical condition with head injuries.
He died late on Monday after his life support was switched off, police said.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Inspector Paul McDonald of Kings Cross Police speaks with Paul Murray about the emotional press conference, and just how the public can help to find the fellow who caused this tragic incident.
Police said a number of witnesses had come forward but CCTV footage of the scene had been inconclusive.
The attacker has been described as a solidly built Caucasian man, about 170cm tall, with short brown hair. He was wearing dark jeans and dark jumper.
Any help, call Crimestoppers 1800 333 000.
Detectives say they have already received a number of calls from potential witnesses, while officers continue to trawl through CCTV footage.
Police Minister Mike Gallacher has told Jason Morrison the community expects the courts to come down hard on such offenders.
Sydney Police say they've heard from many potential witnesses to a fatal KINGS CROSS bashing - since the victims' parents made a public appeal.
The stranger who attacked 18-year-old Thomas Kelly on Saturday night, remains at large.
But Assistant Police Commissioner Mark Murdoch tells Paul Murray the appeal by his parents, has drawn a huge response.
There is no excuse for violence. The man responsible for the death of a teen in Kings Cross should face the full force of the law. Police Minister Mike Gallacher & Jason Morrison on what the community expects.
if they catch the guy that did this I would hope that our capable justice system turns around and gives this person a life sentence behind bars without delay. I would be extremely pissed off if this person gets away with anything under 20 Years.. I feel sorry for the parents and this is a true example that our justice system stinks because it does not put the fear into these pretend criminals that think they are hard walking the streets. and while judges sit on their asses getting paid loads of money giving away light sentences for murder it's obvious that now criminals feel they can get away with murder!Wise Man Steve Wednesday 11 July, 2012 - 9:02 AM