- Why are pensioners in the pinch?
- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- Can you impersonate the PM?
- Get set for a brutal budget?
- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: will it always be sacred? Sadly I can recall when Anzac Day was truly sacred, entirely unlike now. It was a full day public holiday, not a quick less ... more
- Ross H. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? @Bitter Kimber here fails to see that we are already taxed right up to the eyeballs now with more than enough to properly ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
Teen dies after Kings Cross assault
A teenager who was king hit in Sydney's Kings Cross on the weekend has died in hospital. Two Murrays discuss the attack on Thomas Kelly by an unknown man as he walked along Victoria Street.
Mr Kelly, who was talking on his phone at the time of the unprovoked attack around 10pm, collapsed to the ground.
The offender fled the scene while the teenager was rushed to hospital in a critical condition with head injuries.
He died late on Monday after his life support was switched off, police said.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Inspector Paul McDonald of Kings Cross Police speaks with Paul Murray about the emotional press conference, and just how the public can help to find the fellow who caused this tragic incident.
Police said a number of witnesses had come forward but CCTV footage of the scene had been inconclusive.
The attacker has been described as a solidly built Caucasian man, about 170cm tall, with short brown hair. He was wearing dark jeans and dark jumper.
Any help, call Crimestoppers 1800 333 000.
Detectives say they have already received a number of calls from potential witnesses, while officers continue to trawl through CCTV footage.
Police Minister Mike Gallacher has told Jason Morrison the community expects the courts to come down hard on such offenders.
Sydney Police say they've heard from many potential witnesses to a fatal KINGS CROSS bashing - since the victims' parents made a public appeal.
The stranger who attacked 18-year-old Thomas Kelly on Saturday night, remains at large.
But Assistant Police Commissioner Mark Murdoch tells Paul Murray the appeal by his parents, has drawn a huge response.
There is no excuse for violence. The man responsible for the death of a teen in Kings Cross should face the full force of the law. Police Minister Mike Gallacher & Jason Morrison on what the community expects.
if they catch the guy that did this I would hope that our capable justice system turns around and gives this person a life sentence behind bars without delay. I would be extremely pissed off if this person gets away with anything under 20 Years.. I feel sorry for the parents and this is a true example that our justice system stinks because it does not put the fear into these pretend criminals that think they are hard walking the streets. and while judges sit on their asses getting paid loads of money giving away light sentences for murder it's obvious that now criminals feel they can get away with murder!Wise Man Steve Wednesday 11 July, 2012 - 9:02 AM