- Baird shows huge political courage
- Still cook to Nana's recipes?
- Guy Sebastian is back with Madness
- Halal certification funding terrorists?
- Too much lack of respect these days?
- Eddie Obeid set to face court
- Would you prefer to vote online
- Can you ever trust a politician?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Another nonsense raised by Obama about so called climate change. Evidently, Rudd and/or Gillard have been in his ear at the ... more
- Greg O on Obama urges Australia to "step up" I am out in my backyard at the moment and am all set to save the environment. I have a Jim's Mowing hat, Steve Irwin shirt ... more
- Samuel J on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Just more nonsense from Obama who is tarred with the same brush as our two failures, Rudd and Gillard. Money, taxes etc will ... more
- Rod on Turn back the (Russian) boats RE: Why doesn't America send four warships of theirs and place them next to Russia's?I think the answer to this (possibly ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Obama urges Australia to "step up" @President Obama - what a bloody nonsense you are on about here with this climate change rot. You have evidently been imbued ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Obama urges Australia to "step up" China is having big problems with Muslims, can they send 500,000 troops? more
- Vic Whiteley on Fun police end Mexican themed party What is the definition of racist?Last time I checked, the majority of Mexicans are of Spanish heritage....which means ... more
- Jester4212 on Bike smart hat answer to registration Is this the answer to more accountable cyclists? No. This will make it more dangerous for cyclists. You can guarantee ... more
- Peter on Bike smart hat answer to registration Regardless of initial 'feeling's' towards this helmet, the shape, attachment of any external 'plate' and external ... more
- Craig on Turn back the (Russian) boats @Maurice, Why?In case you have been blinded by some loyalty to America have you not noticed how many wars they start? And ... more
- Clayton on Bike smart hat answer to registration Falling off wearing that helmet would almost certainly break your neck! It would pass no standards Australia test ever! What ... more
Teen dies after Kings Cross assault
A teenager who was king hit in Sydney's Kings Cross on the weekend has died in hospital. Two Murrays discuss the attack on Thomas Kelly by an unknown man as he walked along Victoria Street.
Mr Kelly, who was talking on his phone at the time of the unprovoked attack around 10pm, collapsed to the ground.
The offender fled the scene while the teenager was rushed to hospital in a critical condition with head injuries.
He died late on Monday after his life support was switched off, police said.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Inspector Paul McDonald of Kings Cross Police speaks with Paul Murray about the emotional press conference, and just how the public can help to find the fellow who caused this tragic incident.
Police said a number of witnesses had come forward but CCTV footage of the scene had been inconclusive.
The attacker has been described as a solidly built Caucasian man, about 170cm tall, with short brown hair. He was wearing dark jeans and dark jumper.
Any help, call Crimestoppers 1800 333 000.
Detectives say they have already received a number of calls from potential witnesses, while officers continue to trawl through CCTV footage.
Police Minister Mike Gallacher has told Jason Morrison the community expects the courts to come down hard on such offenders.
Sydney Police say they've heard from many potential witnesses to a fatal KINGS CROSS bashing - since the victims' parents made a public appeal.
The stranger who attacked 18-year-old Thomas Kelly on Saturday night, remains at large.
But Assistant Police Commissioner Mark Murdoch tells Paul Murray the appeal by his parents, has drawn a huge response.
There is no excuse for violence. The man responsible for the death of a teen in Kings Cross should face the full force of the law. Police Minister Mike Gallacher & Jason Morrison on what the community expects.
if they catch the guy that did this I would hope that our capable justice system turns around and gives this person a life sentence behind bars without delay. I would be extremely pissed off if this person gets away with anything under 20 Years.. I feel sorry for the parents and this is a true example that our justice system stinks because it does not put the fear into these pretend criminals that think they are hard walking the streets. and while judges sit on their asses getting paid loads of money giving away light sentences for murder it's obvious that now criminals feel they can get away with murder!Wise Man Steve Wednesday 11 July, 2012 - 9:02 AM