- Our planet: are things getting better?
- Volunteers deserve our thanks!
- What do you love about Sydney?
- Weird things found in rental places?
- Facebook will be dead in 5 years?
- Secret recordings: are they legal?
- BOF: corruption threat to re-election?
- Crime in Sydney funding jihadists?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
- Jonathon L Benson on ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy This, in my professional view, is the beginning of the end of the utterly hopeless O'Farrell government in NSW. Just ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? @Lis posting here - you are absolutely correct. I clearly recall a joker in the 1990's who was knocked back for entry into ... more
- Samuel J on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? @Craig - absolutely correct. The abject, disgraceful rotten mess that Gillard and Rudd the Dudd left the new Coalition ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? This reported outcome says a lot in regard to policies and practice pertaining to teacher selection, education, training and ... more
- James W on Aussie students are falling behind? A child's most important teacher/s are it's parents. more
- Jester4212 on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @Bikinis. Riding against the traffic is without a doubt the worst idea and will definitely contribute to more fatalities. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? Another fine mess Australian kids are in! more
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
- Peter on Aussie students are falling behind? Doesn't matter how much money you throw at the education system! The student will only be as good as the teacher,teaching ... more
- Jester4212 on Handbook for men on women? This book sounds disgustingly stereotypical for both sexes. I really don't think this lady has a clue. more
- peter on Paul Hogan our Aussie Icon thanks to this natural person I started to find out my rights as an Australian more
- Craig on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? Labor projected this "they" never budgeted this it was in forward estimates and they could not see what was happening next ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? During daylight hours cyclists should ride towards the oncoming traffic to see what is coming at them, they aren't even ... more
Teenage firebugs granted bail
Authorities have lashed out at bail being granted to three Sydney teenagers, charged with deliberately lighting a bushfire in Shalvey.
It took fire crews more than two and a half hours to bring the blaze under control in the extreme conditions - only just managing to stop it damaging property.
Premier Barry O'Farrell says he's frustrated at the decision, suggesting a short stint in detention may have driven home the seriousness of the offence.
Stuart Bocking with Detective Inspector Dave Goddard of Mount Druitt LAC on the charges.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
John Stanley discusses whether the severe fire conditions and extensive coverage of bushfires would have encouraged firebugs to start more fires.
A psychologist says it's impossible to know why three Sydney teenagers accused of deliberately starting a bushfire at Shalvey would've done it.
The boys aged just 14-and 15 were arrested near the scene - as the blaze burnt through ten-hectares and threatened homes in yesterday's extreme conditions.
Professor James Ogloff from Monash University says there are different motivations for fire bugs.
When you purchase a ticket to a major concert, you're paying for more than the artist whose music you've come to hear. John Stanley with music writer Bernard Zuel on who gets what from a standard $150 ticket.
Police are hunting for six-young men who broke into half-a-dozen homes in Auburn late last year and attacked residents with axes and machetes. John Stanley on the local gang that is terrorizing sleeping residents.
Yes, It never ceases to amaze me at the abjectly stupid damned decisions made by what we call our judiciary. I see them as a bunch of incompetent damned fools - fools whom I would not feed. It is time for a thorough overhaul of this inward looking, wanking, stupid, self serving damned bureaucracy which I hate, hate with a vengeance.!!!! So there.Justin Friday 11 January, 2013 - 6:35 PM
The out of touch loony judiciary strikes again!Peter Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 8:21 AM