- Joe Hockey wanted tougher budget?
- Sharina Live on Stage at Sydney RSL
- HMAS Darwin: Aussie pride at sea
- Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill
- Sydney suffering too many councils
- PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin
- Bob Carr: vote vindicates Aussie seat
- Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
- GOOD GOD...JESUS on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 I saw them devils on television throwing dead humans in body bags around like bags of potatoes. Russian President Putin and ... more
Teenage firebugs granted bail
Authorities have lashed out at bail being granted to three Sydney teenagers, charged with deliberately lighting a bushfire in Shalvey.
It took fire crews more than two and a half hours to bring the blaze under control in the extreme conditions - only just managing to stop it damaging property.
Premier Barry O'Farrell says he's frustrated at the decision, suggesting a short stint in detention may have driven home the seriousness of the offence.
Stuart Bocking with Detective Inspector Dave Goddard of Mount Druitt LAC on the charges.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
John Stanley discusses whether the severe fire conditions and extensive coverage of bushfires would have encouraged firebugs to start more fires.
A psychologist says it's impossible to know why three Sydney teenagers accused of deliberately starting a bushfire at Shalvey would've done it.
The boys aged just 14-and 15 were arrested near the scene - as the blaze burnt through ten-hectares and threatened homes in yesterday's extreme conditions.
Professor James Ogloff from Monash University says there are different motivations for fire bugs.
When you purchase a ticket to a major concert, you're paying for more than the artist whose music you've come to hear. John Stanley with music writer Bernard Zuel on who gets what from a standard $150 ticket.
Police are hunting for six-young men who broke into half-a-dozen homes in Auburn late last year and attacked residents with axes and machetes. John Stanley on the local gang that is terrorizing sleeping residents.
Yes, It never ceases to amaze me at the abjectly stupid damned decisions made by what we call our judiciary. I see them as a bunch of incompetent damned fools - fools whom I would not feed. It is time for a thorough overhaul of this inward looking, wanking, stupid, self serving damned bureaucracy which I hate, hate with a vengeance.!!!! So there.Justin Friday 11 January, 2013 - 6:35 PM
The out of touch loony judiciary strikes again!Peter Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 8:21 AM