- Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it?
- Hike to help our Harbour
- What fairness for the average joe?
- Koala saved using CPR
- Your cash just a fingertip scan away?
- Mitchell on Shorten rape allegations
- Bill Shorten reveals rape allegations
- Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Crisis over Palmer China comments Both Palmer and his side-kick Jaquie Lambie are utterly rank incompetent damned fools and totally unfit to be in our ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Clive Palmer drops another clanger All honest people would have to agree with Clive Palmer's rather frank, but blunt opinion and know where Clive is coming ... more
- Anthony on Clive Palmer drops another clanger Way to go Clive. I moved to Australia 8 years ago and was shocked to see Australia owns nothing! You've sold your country to ... more
- molly on Clive Palmer drops another clanger watch out Clive the anti-free speech people will get you. If china want Australia they will have to fight Islam for it. ... more
- Ben on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Why does this even make the news?Get over it. I have been rejected for age, looks, prejudice and who knows what other ... more
- Angela Coombes on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? The coffee shop owner has a right to hire an employee whom he or she feels will fit in with the business. It is no different ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? I don't think the clown Baird realises he has a State election on in about March 2015. Is he running his candidates for ... more
- Angela Coombes on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping How utterly foolhardy of this Baird joker not nominating candidates. He could have come up with two outstanding liberal ... more
- SLOPPY JOE-CANBERRA on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping What a shocking state of affairs with so many bad, self-serving politicians about...allegedly there to manage the nation? ... more
- Cleangirl on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? and how many government departments seem to be made up predominantly with a single foreign race ? more
- paulo on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? This cafe owner will be shamed into learning a lesson that racism is not accepted here! more
- Bruce on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Leave the coffee shop owner alone its hard enough making a living in the hospitality industry without have to deal with a ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? It is gutless on the part of the liberal party. Why not field new candidates and market their integrity - assuming they have ... more
- barry on Hockey backlash on poor comments Well we now see the true colours of adopted name JOE HOCKEY,has no idea of the working class struggles,indicated by his ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? Maybe we should put more bible bashers in Parliament to help root out the corrupt thugs in all the failed political parties ... more
- Samuel J on Spike in ice use across Sydney Just how do the ingredients for these drugs get out to this poor stupid forlorn drug affected knuckleheads! I am inclined to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Hockey backlash on poor comments Like the fool Wayne Swan, this Hockey joker is well past his 'Use-By" date indeed! I suggest put someone in his job who ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? All it will mean is more hung parliaments full of even more shonks, dunces, fools and clowns collectively bleeding us ... more
- Craig on Hockey backlash on poor comments These jokers born with silver spoons in their mouth, multi millionaires have NO idea.Poor people do drive most of us live ... more
- Cleangirl on Help, can you solve our traffic woes? Get pack cyclists off main roads during peak times. Surely they can do their hobby ride another time of day. and ask 4WD`s ... more
Teenagers targeted by booze ads
A new national board has been set up to target alcohol advertising directed at teenagers.
The Alcohol Advertising Review Board will take complaints from the public and will try and encourage change through government regulation.
Professor Fiona Stanley is one of the heads of the new body and says alcohol is extremely damaging to the health of children.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Prof. Fiona mustn`t have kids, and again, she must`nt realise they need boudaries and disipline. Too many soft pushover parents spending all their time earning money and no time to parent their own children, where are yours now ?John A Monday 19 March, 2012 - 10:41 PM
Last time I checked there was a minimum age and that was illegal to sell it to minors, really its not the advertising that makes kids drink, Its just the "cool thing to do" I was a teenager once, and there were great ads for beer like "I AM Canadian" but those ads didn't make me want to drink, it was when all buddies got together and we played drinking games and went to night clubs under-aged. Really these people are crackpots who think ads make you drink, Its the youth wanting to act older and more mature to impress buddies and girls. Professor Fiona Stanley needs to crawl under a stone, really the judges,police and parents are to blame, my wife works with troubled youth, she has to call the police when the troubled you do drugs or drink under-aged, so she does, but the police never breath test the youth, they never arrest the youth and the kids just think the legal system is a joke, I've heard of some of them being arrested over ten times a year for car theft, burglary, breaking avo's and the worst sentence they get is a weekend in the pen until the courts open on Monday and then the pathetic judge sets them free to continue the mischievous and criminal actions. There should be a 3 strikes law for youth.
ZachZach Saturday 17 March, 2012 - 2:41 PM