- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Teenagers targeted by booze ads
A new national board has been set up to target alcohol advertising directed at teenagers.
The Alcohol Advertising Review Board will take complaints from the public and will try and encourage change through government regulation.
Professor Fiona Stanley is one of the heads of the new body and says alcohol is extremely damaging to the health of children.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Prof. Fiona mustn`t have kids, and again, she must`nt realise they need boudaries and disipline. Too many soft pushover parents spending all their time earning money and no time to parent their own children, where are yours now ?John A Monday 19 March, 2012 - 10:41 PM
Last time I checked there was a minimum age and that was illegal to sell it to minors, really its not the advertising that makes kids drink, Its just the "cool thing to do" I was a teenager once, and there were great ads for beer like "I AM Canadian" but those ads didn't make me want to drink, it was when all buddies got together and we played drinking games and went to night clubs under-aged. Really these people are crackpots who think ads make you drink, Its the youth wanting to act older and more mature to impress buddies and girls. Professor Fiona Stanley needs to crawl under a stone, really the judges,police and parents are to blame, my wife works with troubled youth, she has to call the police when the troubled you do drugs or drink under-aged, so she does, but the police never breath test the youth, they never arrest the youth and the kids just think the legal system is a joke, I've heard of some of them being arrested over ten times a year for car theft, burglary, breaking avo's and the worst sentence they get is a weekend in the pen until the courts open on Monday and then the pathetic judge sets them free to continue the mischievous and criminal actions. There should be a 3 strikes law for youth.
ZachZach Saturday 17 March, 2012 - 2:41 PM