- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- Kamahl on people being kind?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Teenagers targeted by booze ads
A new national board has been set up to target alcohol advertising directed at teenagers.
The Alcohol Advertising Review Board will take complaints from the public and will try and encourage change through government regulation.
Professor Fiona Stanley is one of the heads of the new body and says alcohol is extremely damaging to the health of children.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Prof. Fiona mustn`t have kids, and again, she must`nt realise they need boudaries and disipline. Too many soft pushover parents spending all their time earning money and no time to parent their own children, where are yours now ?John A Monday 19 March, 2012 - 10:41 PM
Last time I checked there was a minimum age and that was illegal to sell it to minors, really its not the advertising that makes kids drink, Its just the "cool thing to do" I was a teenager once, and there were great ads for beer like "I AM Canadian" but those ads didn't make me want to drink, it was when all buddies got together and we played drinking games and went to night clubs under-aged. Really these people are crackpots who think ads make you drink, Its the youth wanting to act older and more mature to impress buddies and girls. Professor Fiona Stanley needs to crawl under a stone, really the judges,police and parents are to blame, my wife works with troubled youth, she has to call the police when the troubled you do drugs or drink under-aged, so she does, but the police never breath test the youth, they never arrest the youth and the kids just think the legal system is a joke, I've heard of some of them being arrested over ten times a year for car theft, burglary, breaking avo's and the worst sentence they get is a weekend in the pen until the courts open on Monday and then the pathetic judge sets them free to continue the mischievous and criminal actions. There should be a 3 strikes law for youth.
ZachZach Saturday 17 March, 2012 - 2:41 PM