- Ralf Fiennes with John & Garry
- No alternative but for Barry to resign?
- Keneally on O’Farrell resignation
- Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier
- Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed?
- Would you like us to be a republic?
- Glitch leaves customers cash strapped
- What happened to $3,000 Grange?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- PAULO on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I think If I had got an expensive bottle of wine like that i would NEVER forget it!Barry insults our intelligence. more
- kyle on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier Tell you what,that dung head does not remember a 3 Grand Grange and he still wants to be a Premier of NSW.Good riddance. We ... more
- Kimber on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier Very disappointed in the Prime Minister, just watched him say in a press conference that Barry O'Farrell did the honourable ... more
- Angela Coombes on Would you like us to be a republic? We should retain the monarchy - it has worked well for the system of government in Australia. The only downside is the ... more
- Coasty on What happened to $3,000 Grange? If the bottle of Grange was delivered by a 'courier', then where's the signature? I've been a warehouse and logistics ... more
- Suzanne on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith When those two considerate statesmen, Prime Minister 'honest' John Howard and Treasurer Peter Costello were diligently ... more
- Todd on Russian jet buzzes US warship Theatrical President Barack Hussein Obama and President Vladimir Putin are obviously chalk and cheese. Respected, Putin is a ... more
- John Wan on Badgery's Creek for 2nd Airport Why don't we expand Kingsford Smith Airport by using reclaim land.Kansai international airport is built entirely on reclaim ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on Badgery's Creek for 2nd Airport This will be another disaster. Why not follow the efficient example at Hong Kong International Airport. Build two extra ... more
- Joanne on Badgery's Creek for 2nd Airport @Michael of course you are correct, lets get Sydney airport running efficiently, 24/7 first, before any talk about stupidly ... more
- Nimby Abbott on Badgery's Creek for 2nd Airport That thoughtless, disrespectful Tony Abbott and big stupid hypocrite Joe Hockey appear to be nimbys for everything. Let the ... more
- Mark on Bring back Nasho for unemployed? Clive Palmer's so called "vision" amongst things lacks innovation and is really backward, sadly for Australia, backward just ... more
- Michael on Badgery's Creek for 2nd Airport Lets start the fight and stop badgerys creek airport. How many houses will loose value due aircraft noise being pump in ... more
- Roger on Flight MH370 mystery continues I get the impression that if this plane was on the bottom of Botany Bay we would not find it. The whole search seems to be ... more
- Paul on Badgery's Creek for 2nd Airport Funny how all of those who support the airport, do not live in areas being affected by it? Already we are now being primed ... more
- Donny K. on Does life really begin after 50? With that apparently stupid, very mean-spirited treasurer, generous Joe about, on a war path with the blue rinse ... more
- Melissa on Pension age to be lifted to 70? Paul Keating summed up that stupid "schreck" in five seconds flat. Where are all these jobs for worn out geriatrics aged ... more
- FAIR GO JOE on Pension age to be lifted to 70? Evidently, global warmer, little Big Joe is untalented, unimaginative and a damned sneaky hypocrite politician...he ... more
- peter on Pension age to be lifted to 70? stop the medical treatment that keeps these people alive long after they should be gone .all this shows is a mismanaged ... more
- Jason & Melissa on 2UE Petition: Toll Free Tuesday Lissy & I support toll free Tiesday and should make it all week starting Tomorrow then for the rest of 2014 and beyond. more
That Movie Show Online
On this week's edition of THAT MOVIE SHOW, find out what Dale and Blake think about these newly released films;
CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2
Running Time: 95 min Rating: PG
Director: Cody Cameron, Kris Pear Stars: Bill Hader, Anna Faris, Will Forte, Kristen Schaal, Terry Crews, Andy Samberg, Neil Patrick Harris, Benjamin Bratt
Flint Lockwood now works at The Live Corp Company for his idol Chester V. But he's forced to leave his post when he learns that his most infamous machine is still operational and is churning out menacing food-animal hybrids
KILL YOUR DARLINGS
Running Time: 103 min Rating: MA
Director: John Krokidas Stars: Daniel Radcliffe, Jack Huston, Ben Foster, Dane DeHaan, Michael C. Hall, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Elizabeth Olsen, David Cross
A murder in 1944 draws together the great poets of the beat generation: Allen Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac and William Burroughs
Running Time: 104 min Rating: M
Director: Ken Scott Stars: Vince Vaughn, Cobie Smulders, Chris Pratt, Britt Robertson, Jack Reynor, Bobby Moynihan, Simon Delaney, George Lalov
An affable underachiever finds out he's fathered 533 children through anonymous donations to a fertility clinic 20 years ago. Now he must decide whether or not to come forward when 142 of them file a lawsuit to reveal his identity
Running Time: 110 min Rating: M
Director: Gavin Hood Stars: Harrison Ford, Asa Butterfield, Ben Kingsley, Hailee Steinfield, Viola Davis, Abigail Breslin, Moises Aria
Young Ender Wiggin is recruited by the International Military to lead the fight against the Formics, a genocidal alien race which nearly annihilated the human race in a previous invasion
... and these titles releases this week for home entertainment
NOW YOU SEE ME – Mark Ruffalo, Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Melanie Laurent, Isla Fisher, Dave Franco, Common, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine
An FBI agent and an Interpol detective track a team of illusionists who pull off bank heists during their performances and reward their audiences with the money
THE HEAT – Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy, Tony Hale, Marlon Wayans, Taran Killam, Thomas F. Wilson
An uptight FBI Special Agent is paired with a foul-mouthed Boston cop to take down a ruthless drug lord
ELYSIUM – Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, William Fichtner, Sharlto Copley, Alice Braga, Talisa Soto, Diego Luna
In the year 2154, the very wealthy live on a man-made space station while the rest of the population resides on a ruined Earth. A man takes on a mission that could bring equality to the polarized worlds
We’ll check out what has been making money at the Australian and the U.S. box-office
And who’s been signed for what film... and what’s going into production in the big wide world of movies
All this and loads more in this week’s edition of THAT MOVIE SHOW…
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Visit 2UE's PODCASTS page to download the new edition of THAT MOVIE SHOW
For comment and feedback to THAT MOVIE SHOW by email: email@example.com
Join us on Facebook ‘That Movie Show 2UE’
And follow Dale & Blake on twitter: @ThtMovieShow2UE
Dale has worked in various positions in film and video distribution including publicity for 20th Century Fox and Columbia Pictures, marketing for Roadshow Entertainment, Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment & CEL Home Entertainment as well as sales for United Artists and 20th Century Fox.
For three years he co-hosted Sunday Night at The Movies for Radio 2UE, was the film reviewer for Mike Carlton’s breakfast programme… and currently for the top rating George & Paul Show as well as John Kerr's New Day Australia for fourteen years.
Film buff and amateur filmmaker, Dale is widely known in the film industry for his off-beat sense of humour, knowledge of film and his wit… which is as sharp and pointed as his head.
Blake completed his honours in Film, Media and Cultural Studies in 2008 and Tutored as guest Lecturer at the University of Newcastle in 2009 -10.
His research included Cinematic Authorship, ‘New Hollywood’ American Independent Cinema, Performance Theory and Portrayals of Masculinity.
He's started out as a Writer/Podcaster/Editor/Site Director at CastleCo-Op.com (a Film, T.V, Music and Culture Online publication) between August 2010 and May 2012. Since then he's the editor-in-chief and co-founder of Graffiti with Punctuation, a “Film Geek Website, For Film Geeks, By Film Geeks.” Blake is proud of the team of disparate bloggers he and editor/co-founder Cameron Williams have put together for the website that has established some serious cred throughout Australia and beyond.Nicholas Brodie, Maria Lewis, Dave Grenfell, Andy Buckell and Lisa Malouf are among the line-up offering original content with professional polish.
Cinema usher's have been heard whispering that Blake's personal hygiene is way better than that of the average film reviewer.
Congratulations! Looking forward to listening in.Dave in canada Tuesday 26 July, 2011 - 7:19 AM
Dale, I agree, Justin Timberlake expels an extremely geeky persona regardless of his role. I will check out 'Bad Teacher' and ignore the romance element.
Thanks again for another great shows guys. I hope this show is around long term. I will ensure I tune in before planning future movie experiences.Skye Monday 25 July, 2011 - 8:41 PM
Always love hearing Dale's comments and REALLY miss the Sunday night reviews....bring it back!bring it back. Hey Dale...incendies was great!Nick Monday 25 July, 2011 - 6:46 PM
Makes me miss the old Sunday Night at the Movies.Adam Cox Monday 25 July, 2011 - 4:50 PM
Please put the movie show back on air! Immediately.
And Clive Robertson whilst I'm at it!Glenn Sunday 24 July, 2011 - 10:47 AM
hi Dale, always enjoy ypur comments re movies, generally catch up on the web. Just a correction on your comments re Harry Potter this Sunday morning with JK, you called the title the Deathly Hollows, it is the HALLOWS. Rgds IanIan Burns Sunday 24 July, 2011 - 7:18 AM