- How to attract the perfect partner?
- Wendy Matthews: Campfire Festival
- Jodi McKay to contest Strathfield
- Too many truck accidents
- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN on Too many truck accidents The police need to get with the times, technology can go a long way in stopping rogue truck drivers and other crime. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Greens Grinch against Christmas @Judith - well said. They are also a band of wanton lunatics that should never be allowed to enter any form of public ... more
- peter on The lone wolf: who is watching? as long as the lone wolf starts at the top and works his way down the food chain it wont affect most Australianspollies then ... more
- MARY CHRISTMAS on Greens Grinch against Christmas So called religious tolerance is only for certain types and certainly not for Christians. Christianity is the most ... more
- Janelle on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens councillor from Woollahra has a point in that the function he is referring to is to be funded by the Woollahra ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on The lone wolf: who is watching? It would not be so bad if there were only "one lone wolf", however these so called lone wolves pop up like mushrooms hidden ... more
- Cleangirl on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens are ruining Australia with their Political Correctness terrorism. more
- Join the Q Society on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Cleangirl has said it all! more
- Join the Q Society on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Local Government Minster should sack this ^&*(%$ person! more
- Leon on Greens Grinch against Christmas You want to celebrate a fairy tale do it at home. I'm sick of the child abuse that comes with brainwashing children. more
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
The fetish for a budget surplus
If we didn't have a rancid political climate, we'd be in a better situation with the budget according to John Stanley. The Coalitions will win the next election, we have been badly lead, and that will be shown with wild budget cuts.
Defence Minister Stephen Smith is scrapping some projects will save the budget bottom line almost two billion dollars. Jason Morrison says money is splashed about on garbage, but cutting core responsibilities puts us at risk.
If the solution to illegal boat arrivals is to find more places to put people with Australian families, then leadership is in dire straits. Jason Morrison on the $300 offer to take in refugee families, as detention room runs out.
No more opinion polls required, voters have made their mind up. The latest poll puts the Coalition support at an 11 year high. Jason Morrison says, there is now no coming back for Labor, the trust has gone for the PM.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
My mechanic in the north shore was telling me the Lieberal trolls are going around trying to persuade mechanics to increase their charges saying they should be doing it because of the carbon tax.Terrence Wednesday 9 May, 2012 - 10:45 PM
I was confident all along they would be able to deliver a surplus, but I don't think it was really necessary. They could have gone a little bit into deficit and made some more productivity gains. Anyway, it probably had to happen for political reasons, and that is Labour's fault too for allowing itself to fall into this "surplus" trap. In any case, I think it will probably do some good in that it will further enhance the credibility of Australia in the eyes of the world when no western country is able to produce a surplus. The remarkable thing is that they did it in a responsible way and did not take their eyes off the lower and middle class which they had been prone to do lately in trying to woo the big end of town.Terrence Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 11:56 PM
Simplistic @Pete says; "so the Mechanic's giving advice on the Carbon Tax now".. advice from the mechanic's accountant, you stupid idiot. [Told me that with Labor's carbon tax, after July 1st, it would cost an extra $40 dollars just to service/gas my Toyota air conditioning: 'you better do it before then and save yourself $40'.] Leave it alone son.Ryan Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 3:51 PM
This is outrageous, a political party is endeavouring to honour an undertaking it gave us. They can't do that can they?James W Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 1:28 PM
@Ryan so the Mechanic's giving advice on the Carbon Tax now , wonderfulPete Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 11:25 AM
One thing the carbon tax hasn't affected is the desperate scare campaign from the Lib trolls.mick Monday 7 May, 2012 - 9:04 PM