- Mortgage war: should you fix?
- MH17: the long journey home
- Joe Hockey wanted tougher budget?
- Sharina Live on Stage at Sydney RSL
- HMAS Darwin: Aussie pride at sea
- Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill
- Sydney suffering too many councils
- PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greta on New Times for Weekend Shows Fantastic to hear Tim coming on earlier - love his show, has interesting segments, would love to hear more of the gardening ... more
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
The fetish for a budget surplus
If we didn't have a rancid political climate, we'd be in a better situation with the budget according to John Stanley. The Coalitions will win the next election, we have been badly lead, and that will be shown with wild budget cuts.
Defence Minister Stephen Smith is scrapping some projects will save the budget bottom line almost two billion dollars. Jason Morrison says money is splashed about on garbage, but cutting core responsibilities puts us at risk.
If the solution to illegal boat arrivals is to find more places to put people with Australian families, then leadership is in dire straits. Jason Morrison on the $300 offer to take in refugee families, as detention room runs out.
No more opinion polls required, voters have made their mind up. The latest poll puts the Coalition support at an 11 year high. Jason Morrison says, there is now no coming back for Labor, the trust has gone for the PM.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
My mechanic in the north shore was telling me the Lieberal trolls are going around trying to persuade mechanics to increase their charges saying they should be doing it because of the carbon tax.Terrence Wednesday 9 May, 2012 - 10:45 PM
I was confident all along they would be able to deliver a surplus, but I don't think it was really necessary. They could have gone a little bit into deficit and made some more productivity gains. Anyway, it probably had to happen for political reasons, and that is Labour's fault too for allowing itself to fall into this "surplus" trap. In any case, I think it will probably do some good in that it will further enhance the credibility of Australia in the eyes of the world when no western country is able to produce a surplus. The remarkable thing is that they did it in a responsible way and did not take their eyes off the lower and middle class which they had been prone to do lately in trying to woo the big end of town.Terrence Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 11:56 PM
Simplistic @Pete says; "so the Mechanic's giving advice on the Carbon Tax now".. advice from the mechanic's accountant, you stupid idiot. [Told me that with Labor's carbon tax, after July 1st, it would cost an extra $40 dollars just to service/gas my Toyota air conditioning: 'you better do it before then and save yourself $40'.] Leave it alone son.Ryan Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 3:51 PM
This is outrageous, a political party is endeavouring to honour an undertaking it gave us. They can't do that can they?James W Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 1:28 PM
@Ryan so the Mechanic's giving advice on the Carbon Tax now , wonderfulPete Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 11:25 AM
One thing the carbon tax hasn't affected is the desperate scare campaign from the Lib trolls.mick Monday 7 May, 2012 - 9:04 PM