- Red flag: anti-terror raids a warning?
- Agenda set for upcoming G20
- Manly's drunk revellers targetted
- Are you a collector or hoarder?
- Raids to stop beheading in Sydney
- Raise in terror level justified?
- Fun police end muck up day?
- Counter-Terror raids across Sydney
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
The fetish for a budget surplus
If we didn't have a rancid political climate, we'd be in a better situation with the budget according to John Stanley. The Coalitions will win the next election, we have been badly lead, and that will be shown with wild budget cuts.
Defence Minister Stephen Smith is scrapping some projects will save the budget bottom line almost two billion dollars. Jason Morrison says money is splashed about on garbage, but cutting core responsibilities puts us at risk.
If the solution to illegal boat arrivals is to find more places to put people with Australian families, then leadership is in dire straits. Jason Morrison on the $300 offer to take in refugee families, as detention room runs out.
No more opinion polls required, voters have made their mind up. The latest poll puts the Coalition support at an 11 year high. Jason Morrison says, there is now no coming back for Labor, the trust has gone for the PM.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
My mechanic in the north shore was telling me the Lieberal trolls are going around trying to persuade mechanics to increase their charges saying they should be doing it because of the carbon tax.Terrence Wednesday 9 May, 2012 - 10:45 PM
I was confident all along they would be able to deliver a surplus, but I don't think it was really necessary. They could have gone a little bit into deficit and made some more productivity gains. Anyway, it probably had to happen for political reasons, and that is Labour's fault too for allowing itself to fall into this "surplus" trap. In any case, I think it will probably do some good in that it will further enhance the credibility of Australia in the eyes of the world when no western country is able to produce a surplus. The remarkable thing is that they did it in a responsible way and did not take their eyes off the lower and middle class which they had been prone to do lately in trying to woo the big end of town.Terrence Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 11:56 PM
Simplistic @Pete says; "so the Mechanic's giving advice on the Carbon Tax now".. advice from the mechanic's accountant, you stupid idiot. [Told me that with Labor's carbon tax, after July 1st, it would cost an extra $40 dollars just to service/gas my Toyota air conditioning: 'you better do it before then and save yourself $40'.] Leave it alone son.Ryan Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 3:51 PM
This is outrageous, a political party is endeavouring to honour an undertaking it gave us. They can't do that can they?James W Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 1:28 PM
@Ryan so the Mechanic's giving advice on the Carbon Tax now , wonderfulPete Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 11:25 AM
One thing the carbon tax hasn't affected is the desperate scare campaign from the Lib trolls.mick Monday 7 May, 2012 - 9:04 PM