- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Thomson arrest: still Labor's problem
Dicko & Sarah speak with Neil Mitchel about the arrest of former Labor, now Independent MP Craig Thomson. How will it play out with the Prime Minister following her election call and previous support.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Coalition has joined some commentators in suggesting a link between the arrest of Independent MP CRAIG THOMSON and the announcement of the federal election date, as Francis Keany reveals.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says while he's not commenting on Craig Thomson's matters before the court, the issue is not just about the Labor MP.
Mr Aboott says it's always been about the judgment of the Prime Minister Julia Gillard whom he accuses of having run a protection racket for the former Labor MP for years.
Meanwhile, Labor ministers have rubbished claims of a link between Craig Thomson's arrest and the announcement of the election date.
The Coalition says it is curious that on Wednesday Prime Minister Julia Gillard declared the election eight months in advance, with the crossbench MP charged 24 hours later.
Paul Murray with commentator Mark Riley of Seven News on the election announcement timing and the questions now before the Prime Minister to answer.
KATE MCCLYMONT, MARK KENNY, LEESHA MCKENNY
Julia Gillard's extended election campaign hit major turbulence on its first full day following the arrest of Craig Thomson.
Shock arrest of Craig Thomson has sent shockwaves through the government.
Former HSU boss Kathy Jackson gives her views on the Thomson arrest. She makes claims with Jason Morrison that current sitting members of parliament offered her a seat if she shut up about Craig Thomson.
@'Time to Reap the Whirlwind' posting here- well said indeed!
My message to Gillard is the end is nigh Madame! You can expect a knock on your door or similar - just like your revered comrade, Thompson received this week. So don't say you haven't been tipped off - like you were with your hopeless comrade this week. We get rid of them slowly fellow Aussie voters!!!!!Angela Coombes Saturday 2 February, 2013 - 8:11 PM
For the last 5 years tumultuous Australia has been suffering from the wiles of the evil atheist, God damned communist Labor government. Australia had better wake up now, before it is completely too late...AMEN+www.abortiontruth.com Saturday 2 February, 2013 - 11:34 AM
We will accept your resignation Gillard. Make sure we have that resignation on your desk which is of course our desk by the close of business Monday the fourth of February. If not then you will reap the whirlwind of your own destruction and the noose of the law will begin to tighten around you. Run to Switzerland and enjoy your ill-gotten gains while you can. But dont get too comfortable. At some stage in the near future there will be a knock on your door. You will open the door to find several people dressed in Australian uniforms. They will have an extradition order and an arrest warrant. On behalf of Australia they will be seeking justice and the return of our money.Time to Reap the Whirlwind Friday 1 February, 2013 - 11:07 AM
Somehow that pathological liar Juliarrr Gillard is unbelievably still accepting her friend Craig Thomson's damned vote in parliament??? Evidently Craig Thomson is like the other 3 $$self-serving Independents Wilkie, Windsor & Oakshott who apparently are de-dacto members of the Labor party and are in it right up to their rotten necks along with Labor. I blame these 3 so called Independents for all the damage to Australia this Labor government has been allowed to do since 2010.www.abortiontruth.com Friday 1 February, 2013 - 10:37 AM