- War looming in the Middle East
- My religion needs fixing?
- Extremists the enemy of Islam
- Drug action in female prisons
- Bali arrest may affect Corby bail
- News Forum with Angela Catterns
- Regional relocation grants scrapped
- Bizarre evidence at union hearings
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Does it matter? What is clear is that they were both better than the current one. more
- Tony on Stopping fighters heading overseas Why the hell stop them? If they want to go and fight and die in some desert cesspool then let them. How about we encourage ... more
- Cleangirl on "Fat" Clive Palmer is fair game? Fat is the new smoker. more
- Cleangirl on How to stop youth going jihadist? Islam seems to cost us big time, will we ever get any benefit, or is this money insurance ? more
- James W on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Cleangirl, are you saying that nearly all of those found guilty of sex offences against children, don't go to jail? more
- fabrizio on Parents at forefront of terror war? Most mulsims not terrorists and have spoken up against it.Just like most catholics are not child abusers. more
- Join the Q Society on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? Oh well, back to the car, no delays there, LOL. more
- Tejas on Labor's broken promises generation So many books have been written about Labor recently, add this one to the list.Indeed, their demise from controlling all ... more
- Greg O on Baird polls on the rise I am not surprised. This shows the people of NSW are at last starting to think. If the corruption scandals involving the ... more
- Luigi T Cassimatis on Cyclists party to contest next election We need them in there like we need a bike seat up our backside. Dear oh dear it gets worse day by day with these creeps and ... more
- Gary on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? My wife and I used our Opal cards on the weekend. Not one problem, worked faultlessly, best thing ever for public ... more
- Ben on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? 1) Opal cards must become anonymous as promised and not delivered.2) Opal card system has to be fixed so that one does not ... more
- Samuel J James on Baird polls on the rise @Paulo - there is no other political party with the necessary credentials, the integrity, perspicacity or the skills needed ... more
- paulo on Baird polls on the rise Time to throw liberals out of NSW and try others. more
- fabio on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Catholic church in the West is almost irrelevant and hypocritical .No lectures from them. more
- Cleangirl on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? He didn`t think before he spoke. So how about we ask the Judiciary why nearly all sex offences involving a child rarely get ... more
- Samuel J on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? This man is just a silly big fool. And the so called Vatican transferred this dunce to their Vatican thinking they would get ... more
- Tejas on Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge Good on you Justin and to Brad Hazzard for accepting the challenge. That was a touching tribute to your mate, all in the ... more
- Angela Coombes on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Thia man is not worthy of his rank. It is little wonder right thinking people are deserting the Catholic church with this ... more
- Tony on Muslim leaders anti-terror law anger You know you are on the right track and doing the right thing when so many of these lunk heads complain. All these measures ... more
Thomson arrest: still Labor's problem
Dicko & Sarah speak with Neil Mitchel about the arrest of former Labor, now Independent MP Craig Thomson. How will it play out with the Prime Minister following her election call and previous support.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Coalition has joined some commentators in suggesting a link between the arrest of Independent MP CRAIG THOMSON and the announcement of the federal election date, as Francis Keany reveals.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says while he's not commenting on Craig Thomson's matters before the court, the issue is not just about the Labor MP.
Mr Aboott says it's always been about the judgment of the Prime Minister Julia Gillard whom he accuses of having run a protection racket for the former Labor MP for years.
Meanwhile, Labor ministers have rubbished claims of a link between Craig Thomson's arrest and the announcement of the election date.
The Coalition says it is curious that on Wednesday Prime Minister Julia Gillard declared the election eight months in advance, with the crossbench MP charged 24 hours later.
Paul Murray with commentator Mark Riley of Seven News on the election announcement timing and the questions now before the Prime Minister to answer.
KATE MCCLYMONT, MARK KENNY, LEESHA MCKENNY
Julia Gillard's extended election campaign hit major turbulence on its first full day following the arrest of Craig Thomson.
Shock arrest of Craig Thomson has sent shockwaves through the government.
Former HSU boss Kathy Jackson gives her views on the Thomson arrest. She makes claims with Jason Morrison that current sitting members of parliament offered her a seat if she shut up about Craig Thomson.
@'Time to Reap the Whirlwind' posting here- well said indeed!
My message to Gillard is the end is nigh Madame! You can expect a knock on your door or similar - just like your revered comrade, Thompson received this week. So don't say you haven't been tipped off - like you were with your hopeless comrade this week. We get rid of them slowly fellow Aussie voters!!!!!Angela Coombes Saturday 2 February, 2013 - 8:11 PM
For the last 5 years tumultuous Australia has been suffering from the wiles of the evil atheist, God damned communist Labor government. Australia had better wake up now, before it is completely too late...AMEN+www.abortiontruth.com Saturday 2 February, 2013 - 11:34 AM
We will accept your resignation Gillard. Make sure we have that resignation on your desk which is of course our desk by the close of business Monday the fourth of February. If not then you will reap the whirlwind of your own destruction and the noose of the law will begin to tighten around you. Run to Switzerland and enjoy your ill-gotten gains while you can. But dont get too comfortable. At some stage in the near future there will be a knock on your door. You will open the door to find several people dressed in Australian uniforms. They will have an extradition order and an arrest warrant. On behalf of Australia they will be seeking justice and the return of our money.Time to Reap the Whirlwind Friday 1 February, 2013 - 11:07 AM
Somehow that pathological liar Juliarrr Gillard is unbelievably still accepting her friend Craig Thomson's damned vote in parliament??? Evidently Craig Thomson is like the other 3 $$self-serving Independents Wilkie, Windsor & Oakshott who apparently are de-dacto members of the Labor party and are in it right up to their rotten necks along with Labor. I blame these 3 so called Independents for all the damage to Australia this Labor government has been allowed to do since 2010.www.abortiontruth.com Friday 1 February, 2013 - 10:37 AM