- John Williamson on Album #50
- PMs frustration over access to MH17
- Fasten seat belts & flush your drugs?
- Parliament House $800 doorknob?
- Sydney facing homeless challenge
- NRL Monopoly: twitter goes viral
- Australia's record games gold haul
- Loo with a view a step too far?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Australia's record games gold haul This is the best news story and 'reality' TV in the last two weeks, will be sorry when it's all over, so proud of our ... more
- Kimber on Sydney Art: what do you think? This is a gaudy and grotesque waste of money, we have the Opera House, Harbour Bridge and even Centre Point ... more
- Tony on Terror links to Aussies in Syria Does anybody really think that these lowlife scum of the earth will ever see the inside of an Australian prision? What the ... more
- Loudon Cleary on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Artless, ugly, a mindless scribble that must have taken all of 30 seconds to conceive and draw. Jorn Utzen, where are you? more
- Join the Q Society on No place to top up Opal cards? I can't even find out how much want to charge me to buy one to get the honour of paying for a ride! more
- Jan McTiernan on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD It looks like it could be a lightening conductor.I hope no one dies from it.Cannot see it being a big tourist attraction. more
- Cleangirl on What to call the new CBD sculpture? The Wilted Clover. more
- Cleangirl on Work for Dole rules far too strict? You can`t have these guys doing nothing. Send the long termers off to pick fruit for 6 week stints, others to take up those ... more
- fabio on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Cheap CRUSADE against unemployed!Pick on the rich tax dodgers more
- Samuel J on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Well, I don't think it is a caricature of the shape of Clover Moore - it is more of a bastardised shape of body of Marilyn ... more
- carole on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD What a complete waste of our money. God save us from idiots.. more
- Laura on No place to top up Opal cards? Why hasn't the Govt. organised a solution regarding the purchase of OPAL tickets? this is a nightmare for all commuters ... more
- Mike on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD LooksÂ like Clover Moores brain and just as empty more
- James W on Work for the dole doesn't work Abetz tells Brisbane that a face to face meeting with an enployer is the proper way to apply for a job. 40 meetings a month ... more
- Paul Barnham on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD What a waste of money. I think it has a touch of the "Emperors new clothes" more
- Sean on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Giant Tapeworm!Inject it into all the clowns at the council who decided to block up the streets with this ridiculous, ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Work for the dole doesn't work From what I can see, so called "volunteers" aka "work for the dole" in charities like Vinnies, Salvos, Smith Family etc is ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Evidently all of these so called "free trade agreements" have decimated our job market. The days are long gone where you ... more
- Tony on Work for the dole doesn't work Of course work for the dole will not work for those who don't want to work! more
- Jester4212 on No place to top up Opal cards? Even with our horrible 'Myki' travel solution in Melbourne we can still top up at all train stations.Forget about these auto ... more
Thomson arrest: still Labor's problem
Dicko & Sarah speak with Neil Mitchel about the arrest of former Labor, now Independent MP Craig Thomson. How will it play out with the Prime Minister following her election call and previous support.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Coalition has joined some commentators in suggesting a link between the arrest of Independent MP CRAIG THOMSON and the announcement of the federal election date, as Francis Keany reveals.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says while he's not commenting on Craig Thomson's matters before the court, the issue is not just about the Labor MP.
Mr Aboott says it's always been about the judgment of the Prime Minister Julia Gillard whom he accuses of having run a protection racket for the former Labor MP for years.
Meanwhile, Labor ministers have rubbished claims of a link between Craig Thomson's arrest and the announcement of the election date.
The Coalition says it is curious that on Wednesday Prime Minister Julia Gillard declared the election eight months in advance, with the crossbench MP charged 24 hours later.
Paul Murray with commentator Mark Riley of Seven News on the election announcement timing and the questions now before the Prime Minister to answer.
KATE MCCLYMONT, MARK KENNY, LEESHA MCKENNY
Julia Gillard's extended election campaign hit major turbulence on its first full day following the arrest of Craig Thomson.
Shock arrest of Craig Thomson has sent shockwaves through the government.
Former HSU boss Kathy Jackson gives her views on the Thomson arrest. She makes claims with Jason Morrison that current sitting members of parliament offered her a seat if she shut up about Craig Thomson.
@'Time to Reap the Whirlwind' posting here- well said indeed!
My message to Gillard is the end is nigh Madame! You can expect a knock on your door or similar - just like your revered comrade, Thompson received this week. So don't say you haven't been tipped off - like you were with your hopeless comrade this week. We get rid of them slowly fellow Aussie voters!!!!!Angela Coombes Saturday 2 February, 2013 - 8:11 PM
For the last 5 years tumultuous Australia has been suffering from the wiles of the evil atheist, God damned communist Labor government. Australia had better wake up now, before it is completely too late...AMEN+www.abortiontruth.com Saturday 2 February, 2013 - 11:34 AM
We will accept your resignation Gillard. Make sure we have that resignation on your desk which is of course our desk by the close of business Monday the fourth of February. If not then you will reap the whirlwind of your own destruction and the noose of the law will begin to tighten around you. Run to Switzerland and enjoy your ill-gotten gains while you can. But dont get too comfortable. At some stage in the near future there will be a knock on your door. You will open the door to find several people dressed in Australian uniforms. They will have an extradition order and an arrest warrant. On behalf of Australia they will be seeking justice and the return of our money.Time to Reap the Whirlwind Friday 1 February, 2013 - 11:07 AM
Somehow that pathological liar Juliarrr Gillard is unbelievably still accepting her friend Craig Thomson's damned vote in parliament??? Evidently Craig Thomson is like the other 3 $$self-serving Independents Wilkie, Windsor & Oakshott who apparently are de-dacto members of the Labor party and are in it right up to their rotten necks along with Labor. I blame these 3 so called Independents for all the damage to Australia this Labor government has been allowed to do since 2010.www.abortiontruth.com Friday 1 February, 2013 - 10:37 AM