- Preview of Third Ashes Test
- Asylum seeker budget blowout
- NBN: Coalition's broken promise?
- Can you survive not telling a lie?
- Newsroom idol: Sarah vs Steve
- Cricket calendar: Live on 2UE in 2013-14
- Should the smack be banned?
- Public transport costs to rise
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- peter on NBN: Coalition's broken promise? how much faster would the internet be without all the spying on Australians and will this be sold off once it has been in ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Public transport costs to rise Here we go again, another disaster at the hands of the bumbling, indeed useless damned O'Farrell government. It would be ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Should the smack be banned? I have no confidence whatsoever in anything this hopeless, indeed useless UN mob have to say! I agree with Mr Abbott - we ... more
- Cleangirl on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 G.M America has just paid back with interest the bail-out money they got from the government. Why do we keep throwing out ... more
- Cleangirl on Should the smack be banned? No. Where do the P.C police want to stop ? Outlaw piercings, non-payment of pocket money, circumcision. Look at discipline ... more
- Robert on Should the smack be banned? The UN should butt out of our personal family lives and stop trying to push their global socialist agenda down our throats! ... more
- Jester4212 on Should the smack be banned? It should be at the discretion of the parent.This should not be a law enforced by the government. I agree with the PM's ... more
- Greg O on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 There was a time when we made everything in this country but that was back in the days when there was no other country that ... more
- James W on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Paul Murray - The Australians story about Holden and the Unions is an 'Opinion' piece, suggests it's not fact. I don't ... more
- Robert on End of Aussie car manufacturing? Why should anyone complain? You all wanted globalisation and here it is taking away jobs and sending our economy downhill to ... more
- Phil on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Classic case of Dutch Disease. Our Mining Sector - which we subsidise too, by the way - is pushing up the dollar making it ... more
- Samuel J on What angers you on Sydney roads? I utterly dislike tailgaters which effectively is 'menacing driving',then those boofheads with P plates who drive like ... more
- Ben on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Why do these workers get promised all this assistance when us normal working people are expected to fiend for ourselves?I, ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Move aside macaroon, eclair's here! Where are the ones for Diabetics? more
- Kimber on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Yes I voted Liberal but I don't think the entire blame sits with politics.I am very sorry for the workers but how many ... more
- Kimber on Christmas lights being knocked off? It not only brings joy for people to see the lights but also for the people who take the time to put them out. We have not ... more
- Kimber on Knockout: deadly game of the streets Talk about 'life imitating art' this is life imitating violent electronic games, these thugs have no handle on what's real ... more
- Keith A Tudor B.Ec on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 @ Joe posting here - too right it was the damned Unions and their unrelenting wage demands and so call enterprice bargaining ... more
- Samuel J on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 I blame none other than the greedy mob General Motors Chevrolet in Detroit and the Workers' Union for this decision. They ... more
- Joe on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Well done Australians. Clap, clap, clap. To all those who placed their cross over the LIBERAL box in the past election, be ... more
Thomson arrest: still Labor's problem
Dicko & Sarah speak with Neil Mitchel about the arrest of former Labor, now Independent MP Craig Thomson. How will it play out with the Prime Minister following her election call and previous support.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Coalition has joined some commentators in suggesting a link between the arrest of Independent MP CRAIG THOMSON and the announcement of the federal election date, as Francis Keany reveals.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says while he's not commenting on Craig Thomson's matters before the court, the issue is not just about the Labor MP.
Mr Aboott says it's always been about the judgment of the Prime Minister Julia Gillard whom he accuses of having run a protection racket for the former Labor MP for years.
Meanwhile, Labor ministers have rubbished claims of a link between Craig Thomson's arrest and the announcement of the election date.
The Coalition says it is curious that on Wednesday Prime Minister Julia Gillard declared the election eight months in advance, with the crossbench MP charged 24 hours later.
Paul Murray with commentator Mark Riley of Seven News on the election announcement timing and the questions now before the Prime Minister to answer.
KATE MCCLYMONT, MARK KENNY, LEESHA MCKENNY
Julia Gillard's extended election campaign hit major turbulence on its first full day following the arrest of Craig Thomson.
Shock arrest of Craig Thomson has sent shockwaves through the government.
Former HSU boss Kathy Jackson gives her views on the Thomson arrest. She makes claims with Jason Morrison that current sitting members of parliament offered her a seat if she shut up about Craig Thomson.
@'Time to Reap the Whirlwind' posting here- well said indeed!
My message to Gillard is the end is nigh Madame! You can expect a knock on your door or similar - just like your revered comrade, Thompson received this week. So don't say you haven't been tipped off - like you were with your hopeless comrade this week. We get rid of them slowly fellow Aussie voters!!!!!Angela Coombes Saturday 2 February, 2013 - 8:11 PM
For the last 5 years tumultuous Australia has been suffering from the wiles of the evil atheist, God damned communist Labor government. Australia had better wake up now, before it is completely too late...AMEN+www.abortiontruth.com Saturday 2 February, 2013 - 11:34 AM
We will accept your resignation Gillard. Make sure we have that resignation on your desk which is of course our desk by the close of business Monday the fourth of February. If not then you will reap the whirlwind of your own destruction and the noose of the law will begin to tighten around you. Run to Switzerland and enjoy your ill-gotten gains while you can. But dont get too comfortable. At some stage in the near future there will be a knock on your door. You will open the door to find several people dressed in Australian uniforms. They will have an extradition order and an arrest warrant. On behalf of Australia they will be seeking justice and the return of our money.Time to Reap the Whirlwind Friday 1 February, 2013 - 11:07 AM
Somehow that pathological liar Juliarrr Gillard is unbelievably still accepting her friend Craig Thomson's damned vote in parliament??? Evidently Craig Thomson is like the other 3 $$self-serving Independents Wilkie, Windsor & Oakshott who apparently are de-dacto members of the Labor party and are in it right up to their rotten necks along with Labor. I blame these 3 so called Independents for all the damage to Australia this Labor government has been allowed to do since 2010.www.abortiontruth.com Friday 1 February, 2013 - 10:37 AM