- Ban the burqa in parliament house?
- Burqa ban only for parliament house?
- More hotspots for Wi Fi in Sydney
- Who will win the NRL Grand Final?
- Should we extend daylight saving?
- Fuel theft adding to petrol costs
- Do you like Daylight Saving?
- Nominate the worst road in Sydney
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- WHEN IN ROME... on Ban the burqa in parliament house? For very good reason France banned the burqa and the the European Court of Human Rights agreed! We will one day do the same, ... more
- peter on More hotspots for Wi Fi in Sydney yep more access to your computer , they need everyone connectednow would be the time to put tape over your camera and cover ... more
- Tejas on Nominate the worst road in Sydney All roads that have awkward placed drain holes. Seriously. Instead of being right in the middle of the lane or right on the ... more
- Cleangirl on Ban the burqa in parliament house? Natasha Stott-Despoja thinks it`s ok, argues that it`s ok, so we know it`s a loopy idea to let people wear full face ... more
- Sam on Nominate the worst road in Sydney Pennant Hills Rd by far. So frustrating when your exiting the M1 & then have to sit in bumper to bumper traffic until you ... more
- peter on Ban the burqa in parliament house? if it is not good enough for parliament it is not good enough for our streets where most australians are why protect the ... more
- Marge on Burqa ban only for parliament house? We already have laws which dictate what is acceptable attire to be worn in public in this country. For example it is against ... more
- Jo on Burqa ban only for parliament house? So PM Tony Abbott thinks it should be banned in Parliament but not in a bank or the footie or any large gathering of ... more
- Jester4212 on Burqa ban only for parliament house? It should extend to anywhere where facial recognition is or may be required (like a bank). Exactly like people with hoodies ... more
- By Jingo on Burqa ban only for parliament house? No fear campaign . Just trying to keep us Aussies safe and give us a better place to live . Now the majority agree with that ... more
- James on Burqa ban only for parliament house? Criminal Ned Kelly wore a burqa and that didn't end well. Psychology maintains that an important part of human interaction ... more
- COMMON SENSE... on Burqa ban only for parliament house? You can't wear a motor cycle helmet into Parliament House so what's the difference . No burqa, no balaclava, no helmets, no ... more
- michael mazur on Lives lost serving the community What i got from that is that you don't pursue a hoon, just get his number, if you can't, too bad, as it won't be the just ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should we present our ID to vote? Our current shabbily abused electoral process clearly needs major reform. It is essential that we provide appropriate ... more
- James W on Nominate the worst road in Sydney The one heading north. Queenslander!!!! more
- Ben on Should we present our ID to vote? What ID?? more
- Cleangirl on Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic Yes we are fortunate most are not devout. more
- Craig on Should we present our ID to vote? It is the people who count them that we should be watching, google the latest Scottish vote and see what you think! more
- Join the Q Society on Drivers oblivious to their surrounds Most drivers are also oblivious to the road rules!http://www.youtube.com/dashcam55 more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic We shouldn't panic, because US President Obama last week said that "islam teaches peace"? more
Thomson arrest: still Labor's problem
Dicko & Sarah speak with Neil Mitchel about the arrest of former Labor, now Independent MP Craig Thomson. How will it play out with the Prime Minister following her election call and previous support.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Coalition has joined some commentators in suggesting a link between the arrest of Independent MP CRAIG THOMSON and the announcement of the federal election date, as Francis Keany reveals.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says while he's not commenting on Craig Thomson's matters before the court, the issue is not just about the Labor MP.
Mr Aboott says it's always been about the judgment of the Prime Minister Julia Gillard whom he accuses of having run a protection racket for the former Labor MP for years.
Meanwhile, Labor ministers have rubbished claims of a link between Craig Thomson's arrest and the announcement of the election date.
The Coalition says it is curious that on Wednesday Prime Minister Julia Gillard declared the election eight months in advance, with the crossbench MP charged 24 hours later.
Paul Murray with commentator Mark Riley of Seven News on the election announcement timing and the questions now before the Prime Minister to answer.
KATE MCCLYMONT, MARK KENNY, LEESHA MCKENNY
Julia Gillard's extended election campaign hit major turbulence on its first full day following the arrest of Craig Thomson.
Shock arrest of Craig Thomson has sent shockwaves through the government.
Former HSU boss Kathy Jackson gives her views on the Thomson arrest. She makes claims with Jason Morrison that current sitting members of parliament offered her a seat if she shut up about Craig Thomson.
@'Time to Reap the Whirlwind' posting here- well said indeed!
My message to Gillard is the end is nigh Madame! You can expect a knock on your door or similar - just like your revered comrade, Thompson received this week. So don't say you haven't been tipped off - like you were with your hopeless comrade this week. We get rid of them slowly fellow Aussie voters!!!!!Angela Coombes Saturday 2 February, 2013 - 8:11 PM
For the last 5 years tumultuous Australia has been suffering from the wiles of the evil atheist, God damned communist Labor government. Australia had better wake up now, before it is completely too late...AMEN+www.abortiontruth.com Saturday 2 February, 2013 - 11:34 AM
We will accept your resignation Gillard. Make sure we have that resignation on your desk which is of course our desk by the close of business Monday the fourth of February. If not then you will reap the whirlwind of your own destruction and the noose of the law will begin to tighten around you. Run to Switzerland and enjoy your ill-gotten gains while you can. But dont get too comfortable. At some stage in the near future there will be a knock on your door. You will open the door to find several people dressed in Australian uniforms. They will have an extradition order and an arrest warrant. On behalf of Australia they will be seeking justice and the return of our money.Time to Reap the Whirlwind Friday 1 February, 2013 - 11:07 AM
Somehow that pathological liar Juliarrr Gillard is unbelievably still accepting her friend Craig Thomson's damned vote in parliament??? Evidently Craig Thomson is like the other 3 $$self-serving Independents Wilkie, Windsor & Oakshott who apparently are de-dacto members of the Labor party and are in it right up to their rotten necks along with Labor. I blame these 3 so called Independents for all the damage to Australia this Labor government has been allowed to do since 2010.www.abortiontruth.com Friday 1 February, 2013 - 10:37 AM