- It's Time: Heralded era of new politics
- Anger at teen jihadist's threats
- Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM
- The Whisper: Waste at Tafe
- Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough
- Gough Whitlam: a giant of our time
- Time to help out Ebola regions?
- Too young for homework?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Laura on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on The Whisper: where burqa ban began France saw fit to ban the burqa but "sorry" Australia did not? more
- Raumann Gagnon on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A great leader , a warm friend . Always honest in what he did and said . Faithful to his beliefs and ideas . He shall be ... more
- REALISTIC on Drivers not tested for cocaine use? Well that explains all of the constant madness and road rage etc going on in our streets...so what are our invisible 'police ... more
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
Thomson arrest: still Labor's problem
Dicko & Sarah speak with Neil Mitchel about the arrest of former Labor, now Independent MP Craig Thomson. How will it play out with the Prime Minister following her election call and previous support.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Coalition has joined some commentators in suggesting a link between the arrest of Independent MP CRAIG THOMSON and the announcement of the federal election date, as Francis Keany reveals.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says while he's not commenting on Craig Thomson's matters before the court, the issue is not just about the Labor MP.
Mr Aboott says it's always been about the judgment of the Prime Minister Julia Gillard whom he accuses of having run a protection racket for the former Labor MP for years.
Meanwhile, Labor ministers have rubbished claims of a link between Craig Thomson's arrest and the announcement of the election date.
The Coalition says it is curious that on Wednesday Prime Minister Julia Gillard declared the election eight months in advance, with the crossbench MP charged 24 hours later.
Paul Murray with commentator Mark Riley of Seven News on the election announcement timing and the questions now before the Prime Minister to answer.
KATE MCCLYMONT, MARK KENNY, LEESHA MCKENNY
Julia Gillard's extended election campaign hit major turbulence on its first full day following the arrest of Craig Thomson.
Shock arrest of Craig Thomson has sent shockwaves through the government.
Former HSU boss Kathy Jackson gives her views on the Thomson arrest. She makes claims with Jason Morrison that current sitting members of parliament offered her a seat if she shut up about Craig Thomson.
@'Time to Reap the Whirlwind' posting here- well said indeed!
My message to Gillard is the end is nigh Madame! You can expect a knock on your door or similar - just like your revered comrade, Thompson received this week. So don't say you haven't been tipped off - like you were with your hopeless comrade this week. We get rid of them slowly fellow Aussie voters!!!!!Angela Coombes Saturday 2 February, 2013 - 8:11 PM
For the last 5 years tumultuous Australia has been suffering from the wiles of the evil atheist, God damned communist Labor government. Australia had better wake up now, before it is completely too late...AMEN+www.abortiontruth.com Saturday 2 February, 2013 - 11:34 AM
We will accept your resignation Gillard. Make sure we have that resignation on your desk which is of course our desk by the close of business Monday the fourth of February. If not then you will reap the whirlwind of your own destruction and the noose of the law will begin to tighten around you. Run to Switzerland and enjoy your ill-gotten gains while you can. But dont get too comfortable. At some stage in the near future there will be a knock on your door. You will open the door to find several people dressed in Australian uniforms. They will have an extradition order and an arrest warrant. On behalf of Australia they will be seeking justice and the return of our money.Time to Reap the Whirlwind Friday 1 February, 2013 - 11:07 AM
Somehow that pathological liar Juliarrr Gillard is unbelievably still accepting her friend Craig Thomson's damned vote in parliament??? Evidently Craig Thomson is like the other 3 $$self-serving Independents Wilkie, Windsor & Oakshott who apparently are de-dacto members of the Labor party and are in it right up to their rotten necks along with Labor. I blame these 3 so called Independents for all the damage to Australia this Labor government has been allowed to do since 2010.www.abortiontruth.com Friday 1 February, 2013 - 10:37 AM