- Overweight: OK to say a man is fat?
- End of Aussie car manufacturing?
- What angers you on Sydney roads?
- Holden to end manufacturing by 2017
- Move aside macaroon, eclair's here!
- ARU: new third tier of competition?
- Sociopathic bosses: what to do?
- Driving holiday: beware micro sleep?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bikinis not Burkas on Move aside macaroon, eclair's here! Where are the ones for Diabetics? more
- Kimber on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Yes I voted Liberal but I don't think the entire blame sits with politics.I am very sorry for the workers but how many ... more
- Kimber on Christmas lights being knocked off? It not only brings joy for people to see the lights but also for the people who take the time to put them out. We have not ... more
- Kimber on Knockout: deadly game of the streets Talk about 'life imitating art' this is life imitating violent electronic games, these thugs have no handle on what's real ... more
- Keith A Tudor B.Ec on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 @ Joe posting here - too right it was the damned Unions and their unrelenting wage demands and so call enterprice bargaining ... more
- Samuel J on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 I blame none other than the greedy mob General Motors Chevrolet in Detroit and the Workers' Union for this decision. They ... more
- Joe on Holden to end manufacturing by 2017 Well done Australians. Clap, clap, clap. To all those who placed their cross over the LIBERAL box in the past election, be ... more
- James W on Why are Coalition behind in polls? Back flipping is Tony's and Joe's preferred method of movement, these days. A good thing Joe dropped quite a few kgs, he's ... more
- paulo on Tributes flow for Nelson Mandela Never forget here in Australia our treatment of blacks.from the end of the 19th century until the 1960s half caste children ... more
- Cleangirl on Is cheerleading really a sport? Yes, but they should be wearing over-alls, not shaving under their arms and they require tribal tattoos, or so want the ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why are Coalition behind in polls? I doubt the veracity of this so called 'poll.' It was most probable that it was conducted in 'die-hard' labor party and ... more
- PJ on Why are Coalition behind in polls? One sentence; Labor Left OWN the media.Coalition has been blamed for the Spy scandal, Qantas and Holden. All problems ... more
- Jo on Are Sydney's trains too unreliable? Yes trains are unreliable but from someone who catches a bus 10-12 times a week or more buses are worse and something needs ... more
- peter on Why are Coalition behind in polls? I don't care if they are behind in the polls at least we don't have to listen ugly voice of Gillard I think it is funny how ... more
- James W on Why are Coalition behind in polls? People are probably realising that the 2013 vintage LNP are at least as big a bullsh#*ters as any other Governing party that ... more
- annette on Why are Coalition behind in polls? the fact that the liberals want to kill off our car industry and kill off our national airline , both should be bailed out. ... more
- rolland on Why are Coalition behind in polls? sick of all the lies from this govt the secrecy with hiding the boats, the attacks on our national broadcaster, christopher ... more
- ahmed on Mandela: lessons we can all learn Robert the normal racist answer.Just because you think the racist white only policy was fine does not mean that all whites ... more
- Felicia on Why are Coalition behind in polls? Political analysis with Dicko. That'll do me. more
- Stew on Expect intense bushfires more often The professor has zero cred. Just look at his record....Glad he is off the taxpayers teat. History will judge him ... more
To Vaccinate or Not
2UE's Tracey Spicer spoke to The Australian Vaccination Network Inc. President, Meryl Dorey about the information that she has put up on her website about Vaccination and how we shouldn't vaccinate our children
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
I don't think Tracey was being accurate and I didn't appreciate her cutting Meryl off. Tracey didn't actually address the issue that Meryl raised (about the double standard being applied) and in fact, just started on a tirade without sticking to the topic itself, which was the link (or lack thereof) between autism and MMR vaccines. Meryl was invited to the show to be shot down to prove a point. It's so obvious. Why isn't she interviewing the likes of bloody John Howard or Julia Gillard like this? Would she dare cut them off? I don't think so!Olivia Sunday 30 January, 2011 - 1:28 AM
Going by the number of comments in support of Tracey Spicer, it's pretty clear to me that there are an awful lot of people out there with too mkuch time on their hands whom havn't bothered to do any research of their own?? It's also pretty clear that they would not be able to have an unemotional or unbiased discussion on this type of subject with anyone who actually knows what they're takking about. I can't believe how ignorant some people can be by burying their head in the sand, only to come out when someone in the media appears to support their view. The fact that Tracey Spicer shut down the interview when she ran out of responses and her so called facts, is an absolute disgrace! She also failed to mention that her friend's child that contracted whooping cough was actually vaccinated! So rather than running a scare campaign like most drug companies that make billions of $$, how about we encourage people to research the topic themselves and make an educated decision?? Isn't that the most sensible thing to do, or are we just a flock of sheep??John Wilkinson Wednesday 26 January, 2011 - 10:48 AM
This is a disgusting interview. What was the point of even inviting Meryl on? She never let her have her say or answer any questions. Tracy had obviously never done any _real_ research, pathetic for a journalist.Bek Tuesday 25 January, 2011 - 5:33 PM
Fantastic job, Tracey. Its wonderful to see that you had researched Dorey's rubbish website well enough that you could firmly put her in her place. Good work. I hope journalists keep going until the anti-vaxxers wake up to themselves.Cerise Sunday 23 January, 2011 - 6:44 PM
Well done Tracey - a great interview!trishalishous Friday 21 January, 2011 - 2:09 AM
@Alice Gregory - one of the AVN zealots I see.Caroline Wednesday 19 January, 2011 - 7:18 PM