- Only a $60 fine for spitting gum?
- Warning on credit repair agencies
- The Whisper: testing the burqa
- Ban the burqa in parliament house?
- Burqa ban only for parliament house?
- More hotspots for Wi Fi in Sydney
- Who will win the NRL Grand Final?
- Should we extend daylight saving?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Craig on Do you like Daylight Saving? Good morning guysI am a cyclists and was left amused when I witnessed with a great skill a unicyclist negotiate a ... more
- WHEN IN ROME... on Ban the burqa in parliament house? For very good reason France banned the burqa and the the European Court of Human Rights agreed! We will one day do the same, ... more
- peter on More hotspots for Wi Fi in Sydney yep more access to your computer , they need everyone connectednow would be the time to put tape over your camera and cover ... more
- Tejas on Nominate the worst road in Sydney All roads that have awkward placed drain holes. Seriously. Instead of being right in the middle of the lane or right on the ... more
- Cleangirl on Ban the burqa in parliament house? Natasha Stott-Despoja thinks it`s ok, argues that it`s ok, so we know it`s a loopy idea to let people wear full face ... more
- Sam on Nominate the worst road in Sydney Pennant Hills Rd by far. So frustrating when your exiting the M1 & then have to sit in bumper to bumper traffic until you ... more
- peter on Ban the burqa in parliament house? if it is not good enough for parliament it is not good enough for our streets where most australians are why protect the ... more
- Marge on Burqa ban only for parliament house? We already have laws which dictate what is acceptable attire to be worn in public in this country. For example it is against ... more
- Jo on Burqa ban only for parliament house? So PM Tony Abbott thinks it should be banned in Parliament but not in a bank or the footie or any large gathering of ... more
- Jester4212 on Burqa ban only for parliament house? It should extend to anywhere where facial recognition is or may be required (like a bank). Exactly like people with hoodies ... more
- By Jingo on Burqa ban only for parliament house? No fear campaign . Just trying to keep us Aussies safe and give us a better place to live . Now the majority agree with that ... more
- James on Burqa ban only for parliament house? Criminal Ned Kelly wore a burqa and that didn't end well. Psychology maintains that an important part of human interaction ... more
- COMMON SENSE... on Burqa ban only for parliament house? You can't wear a motor cycle helmet into Parliament House so what's the difference . No burqa, no balaclava, no helmets, no ... more
- michael mazur on Lives lost serving the community What i got from that is that you don't pursue a hoon, just get his number, if you can't, too bad, as it won't be the just ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should we present our ID to vote? Our current shabbily abused electoral process clearly needs major reform. It is essential that we provide appropriate ... more
- James W on Nominate the worst road in Sydney The one heading north. Queenslander!!!! more
- Ben on Should we present our ID to vote? What ID?? more
- Cleangirl on Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic Yes we are fortunate most are not devout. more
- Craig on Should we present our ID to vote? It is the people who count them that we should be watching, google the latest Scottish vote and see what you think! more
- Join the Q Society on Drivers oblivious to their surrounds Most drivers are also oblivious to the road rules!http://www.youtube.com/dashcam55 more
To Vaccinate or Not
2UE's Tracey Spicer spoke to The Australian Vaccination Network Inc. President, Meryl Dorey about the information that she has put up on her website about Vaccination and how we shouldn't vaccinate our children
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
I don't think Tracey was being accurate and I didn't appreciate her cutting Meryl off. Tracey didn't actually address the issue that Meryl raised (about the double standard being applied) and in fact, just started on a tirade without sticking to the topic itself, which was the link (or lack thereof) between autism and MMR vaccines. Meryl was invited to the show to be shot down to prove a point. It's so obvious. Why isn't she interviewing the likes of bloody John Howard or Julia Gillard like this? Would she dare cut them off? I don't think so!Olivia Sunday 30 January, 2011 - 1:28 AM
Going by the number of comments in support of Tracey Spicer, it's pretty clear to me that there are an awful lot of people out there with too mkuch time on their hands whom havn't bothered to do any research of their own?? It's also pretty clear that they would not be able to have an unemotional or unbiased discussion on this type of subject with anyone who actually knows what they're takking about. I can't believe how ignorant some people can be by burying their head in the sand, only to come out when someone in the media appears to support their view. The fact that Tracey Spicer shut down the interview when she ran out of responses and her so called facts, is an absolute disgrace! She also failed to mention that her friend's child that contracted whooping cough was actually vaccinated! So rather than running a scare campaign like most drug companies that make billions of $$, how about we encourage people to research the topic themselves and make an educated decision?? Isn't that the most sensible thing to do, or are we just a flock of sheep??John Wilkinson Wednesday 26 January, 2011 - 10:48 AM
This is a disgusting interview. What was the point of even inviting Meryl on? She never let her have her say or answer any questions. Tracy had obviously never done any _real_ research, pathetic for a journalist.Bek Tuesday 25 January, 2011 - 5:33 PM
Fantastic job, Tracey. Its wonderful to see that you had researched Dorey's rubbish website well enough that you could firmly put her in her place. Good work. I hope journalists keep going until the anti-vaxxers wake up to themselves.Cerise Sunday 23 January, 2011 - 6:44 PM
Well done Tracey - a great interview!trishalishous Friday 21 January, 2011 - 2:09 AM
@Alice Gregory - one of the AVN zealots I see.Caroline Wednesday 19 January, 2011 - 7:18 PM