- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- Anzac Day: will it always be sacred?
- Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets?
- Angela Catterns with Tina Arena
- Foy Vance talks on Joy of Nothing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
- Craig on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? As for Hockeys nasty GP co-payment, I heard him on radio recently and when asked if he paid his doctor extra money now? ... more
- Greg O on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Since when was our "free" medical system free? Someone else has always had to pay for it. Even back in day one when the ... more
- Jane M. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Has anyone yet asked silly big Joe Hockey, what is the doctor supposed to do, when those sick people in distress with a bad ... more
- Tangled Web on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor According to the old Bill Shorten; â??I have full confidence in Craig Thomsonâ??. Bill Shorten (Aug 2011): Craig Thomson ... more
- Eric (From the West) on When is the flu just a cold? Re: Stuart Bockings comments about a second airport affecting property values. The reality is that we don't know what will ... more
- Tangled Web on Shorten calls for Labor Party reforms Evidently that insincere, plastic Bill Shorten is not all that bright and he is not lonely either. If Labor have nothing ... more
- Tangled Web on When is the flu just a cold? Thanks, that was somewhat informative. We all had a very bad, highly contagious flu like virus in late January and it ... more
- Anonymous on Father's fight to see his daughter Poor Andrew is correct. Way back in 1987 I divorced my very cruel, hate filled wife. Subsequently for the next 20+ years, ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: reflecting recent battles Amazingly, there are some elements around who still call themselves Australians. They are so ungrateful to our brave ... more
- Tangled Web on William & Kate head to Uluru I am trying my very best, but I just can't get excited about all of this media attention on the royal ... more
- Tangled Web on Baird reshuffle - winners and losers? Lets just hope, that the replacement premier is not just another expensive Grange wine drinker with a bad memory too? And ... more
- Tangled Web on Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks? @Keith A Tudor is obviously correct, how much longer will we accommodate all of this destructive drunkenness? Lets just see ... more
To Vaccinate or Not
2UE's Tracey Spicer spoke to The Australian Vaccination Network Inc. President, Meryl Dorey about the information that she has put up on her website about Vaccination and how we shouldn't vaccinate our children
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
I don't think Tracey was being accurate and I didn't appreciate her cutting Meryl off. Tracey didn't actually address the issue that Meryl raised (about the double standard being applied) and in fact, just started on a tirade without sticking to the topic itself, which was the link (or lack thereof) between autism and MMR vaccines. Meryl was invited to the show to be shot down to prove a point. It's so obvious. Why isn't she interviewing the likes of bloody John Howard or Julia Gillard like this? Would she dare cut them off? I don't think so!Olivia Sunday 30 January, 2011 - 1:28 AM
Going by the number of comments in support of Tracey Spicer, it's pretty clear to me that there are an awful lot of people out there with too mkuch time on their hands whom havn't bothered to do any research of their own?? It's also pretty clear that they would not be able to have an unemotional or unbiased discussion on this type of subject with anyone who actually knows what they're takking about. I can't believe how ignorant some people can be by burying their head in the sand, only to come out when someone in the media appears to support their view. The fact that Tracey Spicer shut down the interview when she ran out of responses and her so called facts, is an absolute disgrace! She also failed to mention that her friend's child that contracted whooping cough was actually vaccinated! So rather than running a scare campaign like most drug companies that make billions of $$, how about we encourage people to research the topic themselves and make an educated decision?? Isn't that the most sensible thing to do, or are we just a flock of sheep??John Wilkinson Wednesday 26 January, 2011 - 10:48 AM
This is a disgusting interview. What was the point of even inviting Meryl on? She never let her have her say or answer any questions. Tracy had obviously never done any _real_ research, pathetic for a journalist.Bek Tuesday 25 January, 2011 - 5:33 PM
Fantastic job, Tracey. Its wonderful to see that you had researched Dorey's rubbish website well enough that you could firmly put her in her place. Good work. I hope journalists keep going until the anti-vaxxers wake up to themselves.Cerise Sunday 23 January, 2011 - 6:44 PM
Well done Tracey - a great interview!trishalishous Friday 21 January, 2011 - 2:09 AM
@Alice Gregory - one of the AVN zealots I see.Caroline Wednesday 19 January, 2011 - 7:18 PM