- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Tony Abbott on upcoming election
Union officials could be jailed for misusing their position or members' funds under a private member's bill put up by Tony Abbott. Paul Murray and the Opposition Leader on workers deserving honest unions.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Dozens of refugees held in Australia's off-shore processing centres could be re-settled in New Zealand under a deal struck by the PM. What has it cost us? Jason Morrison on the asylum seeker election agenda.
What does the PM mean by the term 'Modern Families'? Julia Gillard used the term and since doing so, it has Jason Morrison puzzled. He questions what is a modern family with advertising expert Rowan Dean.
We already have laws to punish those who are found to have misused their position in a criminal way. This is regardless of who they are. So that is nothing new.
What we need to focus on more is corporate thuggery where the law is not so clear cut and loopholes exist which allow corporate thugs to play with the life and fortunes of Mr Average Citizen. Obviously Abbott can't say much on this as most of his donors are from the high end of town. But to his credit he did mention dodgy company officials (the small fish). Perhaps someone could twist his arm to include dodgy corporate executives as well. In the meantime, there is some mileage in his constituency to speak against unions and employees so we should make some allowance for that.Terrence Thursday 14 February, 2013 - 9:14 PM
Well done Tony Abbott. Significant changes are also to necessary to laws governing those politicians who are accused of a criminal offence/s to be automatically suspended from parliament where they are accused of criminal offences and to remain suspended until court proceedings are finalised. There is sadly, one rule for these hipocrites and another for Joe Citizen.Justin J Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 3:05 PM
GOOD ON YOU MR. ABBOTT...I do like your very good idea....All corrupt people should be made accountable for their BAD BEHAVIOUR....Stealing from hardworking innocent people should be made to pay WITH A JAIL SENTENCE.CARMEN Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 1:34 PM
Watch this turned around and be beaten up as another workchoices or an assult on poor hard working, under paid union officals. If they get their sticky fingers caught with members funds then send them to goal and throw away the keys.Peter Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 9:40 AM