- Can you control runaway teens?
- Expect intense bushfires more often
- Buy the Opera House for Christmas?
- How to survive Christmas lunch?
- Insecticides & Parkinson's link?
- Mandela: lessons we can all learn
- Why do we have tongue twisters?
- Health system needs a checkup?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ahmed on Mandela: lessons we can all learn Never forget that Australia had a racist WHITE ONLY policy till 1973. In 1975 the Whitlam Government passed the Racial ... more
- STEVE on Mandela: lessons we can all learn south africa has a long journey to fight for economic justice.The government has been too complacent.However Mandela is a ... more
- ricky on Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela When he was in prison i protested outside south africa house in London.GREAT MAN.All politicians should learn from him.RIP ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Lingerie football: is it sexist? I may become a convert to league if my wife lets me!I'm not into watching men play with each other. more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? @ ahmed, are you are part of the misinformation society, haven't you been listening to the court reports on the radio about ... more
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
- Jonathon L Benson on ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy This, in my professional view, is the beginning of the end of the utterly hopeless O'Farrell government in NSW. Just ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? @Lis posting here - you are absolutely correct. I clearly recall a joker in the 1990's who was knocked back for entry into ... more
- Samuel J on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? @Craig - absolutely correct. The abject, disgraceful rotten mess that Gillard and Rudd the Dudd left the new Coalition ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? This reported outcome says a lot in regard to policies and practice pertaining to teacher selection, education, training and ... more
- James W on Aussie students are falling behind? A child's most important teacher/s are it's parents. more
- Jester4212 on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @Bikinis. Riding against the traffic is without a doubt the worst idea and will definitely contribute to more fatalities. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? Another fine mess Australian kids are in! more
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
Tony Abbott on upcoming election
Union officials could be jailed for misusing their position or members' funds under a private member's bill put up by Tony Abbott. Paul Murray and the Opposition Leader on workers deserving honest unions.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Dozens of refugees held in Australia's off-shore processing centres could be re-settled in New Zealand under a deal struck by the PM. What has it cost us? Jason Morrison on the asylum seeker election agenda.
What does the PM mean by the term 'Modern Families'? Julia Gillard used the term and since doing so, it has Jason Morrison puzzled. He questions what is a modern family with advertising expert Rowan Dean.
We already have laws to punish those who are found to have misused their position in a criminal way. This is regardless of who they are. So that is nothing new.
What we need to focus on more is corporate thuggery where the law is not so clear cut and loopholes exist which allow corporate thugs to play with the life and fortunes of Mr Average Citizen. Obviously Abbott can't say much on this as most of his donors are from the high end of town. But to his credit he did mention dodgy company officials (the small fish). Perhaps someone could twist his arm to include dodgy corporate executives as well. In the meantime, there is some mileage in his constituency to speak against unions and employees so we should make some allowance for that.Terrence Thursday 14 February, 2013 - 9:14 PM
Well done Tony Abbott. Significant changes are also to necessary to laws governing those politicians who are accused of a criminal offence/s to be automatically suspended from parliament where they are accused of criminal offences and to remain suspended until court proceedings are finalised. There is sadly, one rule for these hipocrites and another for Joe Citizen.Justin J Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 3:05 PM
GOOD ON YOU MR. ABBOTT...I do like your very good idea....All corrupt people should be made accountable for their BAD BEHAVIOUR....Stealing from hardworking innocent people should be made to pay WITH A JAIL SENTENCE.CARMEN Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 1:34 PM
Watch this turned around and be beaten up as another workchoices or an assult on poor hard working, under paid union officals. If they get their sticky fingers caught with members funds then send them to goal and throw away the keys.Peter Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 9:40 AM