- Sydney jihadi threatens attack
- Clive Palmer calls for elections
- Our biggest fear is public speaking
- The Whisper: Gay Bushrangers?
- 20-years for violent toddler murder
- Alcohol abuse: the wake-up call
- Greens Senator denies asylum stirring
- Ray 'Rabbits' Warren: The Voice
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on A Fair Go for Seniors - Forum United you stand, divided you fall. Sounds a little like a song. About time Seniors formed a Union. What a formidable force ... more
- Gary on No place to top up Opal cards? I've had a Opal card for months, fantastic, best thing ever for public transport. I ordered it online, it arrived in the ... more
- James on Veggie garden for Pyrmont Bridge? Typical. Despite the inordinate number of junkets to places like Japan where they have rules to manage crowds which everyone ... more
- NOT SURPRISED... on Moree shooting: tension in the bush In my dealings with some very arrogant government departments, they can be quite rude and show little tact, often they make ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Warning on home grown terror But hang on a minute islam is such a bloody "peaceful religion" so what is Attorney-General George Brandis so damned ... more
- Greg O on Sydney facing homeless challenge New public housing estates look very impressive but there is never enough of them. It seems to be a case of we either give ... more
- James W on Parliament House $800 doorknob? Yeah, they must be punished for leaving us with a 3 X AAA rated economy and continuing on the 20 odd years of unbroken ... more
- Angela Coombes on Parliament House $800 doorknob? What about the framed portraits of Gillard and Rudd within the National Parliament - I would prefer just blank frames ... more
- Samuel J James on Work for Dole rules far too strict? @Sloppy Joe Hokey - you are 1000% correct. Simply put, it is government of the money, by the money for the money indeed! Of ... more
- Samuel J on PMs frustration over access to MH17 The ex KGB thug, presently the so called President of Russia has been as helpful regarding the recovery of the bodies of the ... more
- Terrence on Work for the dole doesn't work They ought to get Abbott do 40 applications and see what it is like. This guy has no clue how to run the government and ... more
- Terrence on PM discusses the issues on 2UE Abbott is trying his best to milk this so his unpopular budget and his lies and deceit do not stay in the headlines. It does ... more
- ahmed on No place to top up Opal cards? Typical third world Sydney transport solution.Why didnt they think of the opal card years ago and iron out problems before ... more
- alfredo on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Clover Moore and Alex Greenwich are the type of pollies this country really needs!! more
- paulo on Sydney facing homeless challenge Housing should be a human right.The government should make rules that require building companies to build cheap housing ... more
- Cleangirl on Sydney Art: what do you think? Much too much money, and I thought Art was something to appreciate, something not just anyone can do and something clever. more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? As for FTA's, the fact is Australia is a net exporter to the countries that we have an FTA with. So we sell more than we ... more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Pick on the rich tax dodgers.Unfortunately the facts don't support your claim, the truth is the top 20% of tax payers are ... more
- Robyn on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Could be a shapely woman more
- Norman Hanscombe on McClymont: He who must be Obeid As someone who began working on ALP Polling Booths over 70 years ago, it's sad that we need journalists like Kate McClymont ... more
Tony Abbott on upcoming election
Union officials could be jailed for misusing their position or members' funds under a private member's bill put up by Tony Abbott. Paul Murray and the Opposition Leader on workers deserving honest unions.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Dozens of refugees held in Australia's off-shore processing centres could be re-settled in New Zealand under a deal struck by the PM. What has it cost us? Jason Morrison on the asylum seeker election agenda.
What does the PM mean by the term 'Modern Families'? Julia Gillard used the term and since doing so, it has Jason Morrison puzzled. He questions what is a modern family with advertising expert Rowan Dean.
We already have laws to punish those who are found to have misused their position in a criminal way. This is regardless of who they are. So that is nothing new.
What we need to focus on more is corporate thuggery where the law is not so clear cut and loopholes exist which allow corporate thugs to play with the life and fortunes of Mr Average Citizen. Obviously Abbott can't say much on this as most of his donors are from the high end of town. But to his credit he did mention dodgy company officials (the small fish). Perhaps someone could twist his arm to include dodgy corporate executives as well. In the meantime, there is some mileage in his constituency to speak against unions and employees so we should make some allowance for that.Terrence Thursday 14 February, 2013 - 9:14 PM
Well done Tony Abbott. Significant changes are also to necessary to laws governing those politicians who are accused of a criminal offence/s to be automatically suspended from parliament where they are accused of criminal offences and to remain suspended until court proceedings are finalised. There is sadly, one rule for these hipocrites and another for Joe Citizen.Justin J Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 3:05 PM
GOOD ON YOU MR. ABBOTT...I do like your very good idea....All corrupt people should be made accountable for their BAD BEHAVIOUR....Stealing from hardworking innocent people should be made to pay WITH A JAIL SENTENCE.CARMEN Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 1:34 PM
Watch this turned around and be beaten up as another workchoices or an assult on poor hard working, under paid union officals. If they get their sticky fingers caught with members funds then send them to goal and throw away the keys.Peter Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 9:40 AM