- Nova Peris sets back race relations?
- 2UE Summer of Cricket
- Pop to Popism at Art Gallery of NSW
- New Gold Opal card for Seniors
- Men now reluctant to help kids?
- Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate
- Recycling everyday food scraps
- Joe Hockey's spat at red tape
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
- Paul on Why no fines for smoke butt tossers? Yes it does bug me when people throw their cigarette butts, thats why I've videoed these idiots to embarrass them on ... more
- Cleangirl on Why no fines for smoke butt tossers? or Cyclists running red lights, cars not using blinkers, people eating on the train, allowing dogs on ovals, dogs in school ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Why no fines for smoke butt tossers? I have on occasions got out of my car picked up the lit butt and tossed it onto their back seat and once I dropped it into ... more
Travellers to be hit with levy
A parliamentary report has found that Australia's diplomats are suffering from a 10-year period of chronic underfunding.
As a result, it has been suggested that Australians should pay a travel levy for foreign trips and higher fees for passports to offset the costs of helping travellers who get into strife overseas.
According to the report, the burden of consular support for Australians in trouble overseas is limiting the ability of diplomats to properly represent Australia.
The Foreign Affairs Department assisted around 14,500 Australians in difficulty overseas last year, including several hundred who were arrested and more than 300 who received emergency loans from the taxpayer.
Stuart Bocking spoke with Nick Champion, Foreign Affairs Subcommittee Chairman and Labor MP about the issue. Nick Champion said that the levy could be in the region of $3 - $10.
@Liar, the record you are playing is broken and is now sounding hollow. Even your leader Phony Abbott has given up opposing carbon pricing because he realises there are no votes in it. He also knows if God forbid he wins the election there is not much he could do about it except tinker at the edges; maybe give it a different name. But this is not the first time he has changed his position. Remember he is the one who had said in June 2009 when he was opposing Rudd's ETS and favouring a carbon tax: "If you want to put a price on carbon why not do it with a simple tax? Why not get motorists to pay more? Why not get electricity consumers to pay more." Google it! and hear from the pony's ooops Phony's own mouth!Terrence Wednesday 31 October, 2012 - 4:57 PM
Watch the money go into consolidated revenue and finish up just another way of helping Swan to balance his budget. Another shifty Labor/Green move.David T. Wednesday 31 October, 2012 - 3:52 PM
BnB, the Departure Tax is a tax levied on all persons over 12yrs of age, who depart from Australia. The money goes into consolidated revenue and goes toward paying our bills, just like all the other federal taxes.James W Wednesday 31 October, 2012 - 2:18 PM
lets get fair dikkum and start spendind money on us our own then think about who is around usgerald Wednesday 31 October, 2012 - 10:53 AM
@Well said Stan; this corrupt bullying Labor government will soon be taxing us for breathing air and thats not Labor Juliar Gillard "hyperbol"!! Labor's disgusting fraudulent carbon dioxide-global warming tax is badly hurting the already taxed-out nation, causing very high electricity prices, plainly evil and disgusting, but some brain-dead people still somehow vote Labor? I really don't know how these Labor scumbags sleep at night, these Labor atheists clearly have no conscience. N.B. Just look at Labor's typical revered heros, like disgusting Michael Williamson and Craig Thomson!! What a mess...Juliar Wednesday 31 October, 2012 - 10:46 AM
@$%! me, when does it stop. Control your budgets and give us poverty packers half a chance at having a life.Keep squeezing the stone you "fat pigs" with your noses in the trough, bleed every cent you can out of us.Craig Wednesday 31 October, 2012 - 10:45 AM