- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- Video: When I grow Up
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Tributes flow for Barbara Holborow
Sad news on the death of Barbara Holborow. Listen back as she talks with Tim Shaw on her work as Children's court magistrate and with organisations promoting the welfare rights of children.
Campaigner Father Chris Riley pays tribute with Stuart Bocking on the life of Barbara Holborow. He looks back on her incredible ability to relate to children and her passion for the youth of our nation.
Is the legal system is failing children, particularly those who have been abused? Courts often make poor decisions that affect children for the rest of their lives. Mike Jeffreys with child campaigner Barbara Holborow.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
What a wonderful woman who has done so many wonderful things and leaves such a beautiful legacy. While I never met Barbara I would always take the time to sit and listen if she was on the radio or TV, she talked common sense and took a no BS approach...such a pity more people weren't like her.
My sympathies to her daughter, grandchildren, son and extended family who I know will miss her immensely and thanks for sharing Barbara with the rest of us.Bronwyn Thursday 24 May, 2012 - 11:34 AM
I will miss Barbaras pearls of wisdom and commonsense approach to children and teenagers that have gone off the rails and need a good caring strong hand to guide them backjag Wednesday 23 May, 2012 - 3:29 PM
Lived in the same street as Barbara growing up. Have very fond memories of going down to play on her super dooper spiral staircase. Good times. You will be missed, you were a treasure and a blessing to so many children. xxLinda Gustafson Wednesday 23 May, 2012 - 12:14 PM
Every Child is Everyone's responsibility.
Wonderful Woman. RIPAnn Wednesday 23 May, 2012 - 11:40 AM