- Phillip Hughes: Greg Matthews Tribute
- Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute!
- AIRA gossip from Richard Wilkins
- Council protest ships at White Bay
- Cowan appeals Morcombe confession
- Shorten plays co-payment all wrong?
- Phil Hughes: Ambo response queires
- Blacktown councilors going soft?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- kathleen, richard, ryan & blake on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! We have followed your journey and with sadness, we along with your family and friends mourn the loss of a talented player ... more
- Colin on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! A very very sad day for the world of cricket. So sorry for Phillip Hughes and his family. RIP PhilSpare a thought for Sean ... more
- sada siwan on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! have not met him, but there are some cricketers whom I just like and Phil is one of them. may god be with you and rest in ... more
- Trevor Lord on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Deeply saddened as an ex East St resident. Knew his mum casually at Macksville RSL.his uncle cut my 90 year old parents ... more
- Ross & Sylvia Tollow on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! We express our deepest sympathy to all the Hughes family, may your son and brother rest in peace. Our thoughts are also with ... more
- Tejas on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My best wishes to the family. He passed playing the game he loved. He reminds us how precious life is. Please let his death ... more
- Sylvia Krupenin & Nina Ersh on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! RIP Phillip Hughes,Deepest condolences to his family, friends and his team mates. My prayers and thoughts are with you at ... more
- YESHUA.. on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! God have mercy on Phil's soul, merciful Jesus have mercy on Phil and I hope and pray that Phil is in the Book of ... more
- Muhammad Sheraz on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Deeply saddened to hear about PHIL Hughes passes away, don't have words to say, it left me in tears , my sympathy and ... more
- edmund hunt on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! I;am just gutted for his family and the whole cricket community which is a massive part of aust sport- he walked my son ... more
- Matt on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Phillip was a great player. An all round good bloke. He will be missed. Rest In Peace mate. more
- Robyn Hanna on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! I was at the Sydney Cricket Ground in the M.A Noble stand as was his Mum and Dad taking the video of the 100 runs that he ... more
- sangamesha on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Philip Hughes RIP,I am so sad. more
- Will on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! RIP Phil HughesIf the first test still goes ahead Phil Hughes should still be named and Australia should take the field with ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on $7 co-payment fee abandoned? That dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, "heavy lifting" U.N. 's big Joe Hockey and Mathias Corman are self-serving ... more
- Kylie Kelly on Baby found in Quakers Hill drain This will put the pro-abortionists into a frenzy. See how all life is precious, not just the politicians' lives, who ... more
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
Tributes for Dame Elisabeth Murdoch
Tributes are pouring in for Dame Elisabeth Murdoch following her death aged 103. The renowned philanthropist and matriarch of the media family passed away last night surrounded by family.
Son Rupert is among those to praise his mother, saying she'll be mourned by thousands of Australians, who've been touched by her generosity and decades of kindness.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Former Premier Jeff Kennett tells John Stanley he knew Dame Elisabeth all of his life, and says she was generous in her spirit:
Prime Minister Julia Gillard says Dame Elisabeth Murdoch was an amazing woman who set an example of kindness, humility and grace.
The celebrated philanthropist and media matriarch died in her Melbourne home overnight surrounded by her family, aged 103.
Ms Gillard says Dame Elisabeth lived a great Australian life and Australia's children and artists have lost one of their greatest benefactors.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says Australia has lost a remarkable character as well as an extraordinary philanthropist.
He says she was an inspiration to generations of Australians and a friend and supporter of many good causes in the community.
Both leaders have extended their sympathies to the Murdoch family.
THE LIFE OF DAME ELISABETH MURDOCH AND HER PHILANTHROPIC WORK:
Mother to four children: Rupert Murdoch, Anne Kantor, Janet Calvert-Jones, Helen Handbury (who died in 2004)
Survived by 77 direct descendants, including 50 great-grandchildren and six great-great grandchildren
- Dame Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (DBE) (1963)
- Companion of the Order of Australia (AC) (1989)
- Victorian of the Year (2005)
PHILANTHROPIC WORK INCLUDES:
Active benefactor of organisations including:
- Melbourne's Royal Children's Hospital
- The Deafness Foundation
- Opera Australia
- Australian Ballet
- The Victorian Tapestry Workshop
- The Victorian College of the Arts
- The McClelland Art Gallery
- The Australia Business Arts Foundation
- The Australian Institute of Landscape Architecture
Patron of Murdoch Children's Research Institute, established with a $5 million grant from the Murdoch family in 1986. More than $50 million has been provided by the family to the institute over the years.
Our firefighters are heroes! Listen to this amazing interview, Paul Murray with Brett Johnson of Schofields Fire Station, honoured today with a bravery award for their role in the Quakers Hill nursing home fire.
Northern Territory News is a newspapers that comes out with some of the funniest stories and headlines. Paul Murray with Paul Dyer who came up with 'Why I stuck a cracker up my clacker' and won a Walkely.