- Mike Baird now 44th NSW Premier
- Gary O'Callaghan on Talk Back Radio
- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O’Farrell the man
- Mike Baird set to become Premier
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
UN: Drop in refugees seeking asylum
The United Nation's refugee agency says there's been a nine percent drop in the number of people seeking asylum in Australia over the past year. It's thanks to a drop in the number of people arriving by boat.
However Shadow Immigration Minister Scott Morrison says the figures also show a big increase since Labor first came to power in 2007.
The Greens say the sharp drop in the number of asylum seekers coming to Australia proves the country can afford to open its borders to far more refugees.
Greens senator Sarah Hanson-Young says the report makes a mockery of both Labor and Liberal refugee policies.
She says Australia should be proactively resettling asylum seekers directly to avoid costly offshore processing solutions like Malaysia and Nauru.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
This is impossible! Anyone who supports the liberal party already knows this is impossible!Peter B Wednesday 28 March, 2012 - 9:39 PM
This is good news. What it tells us is that we do not have to go for offshore processing to reduce the numbers coming by boat. Labour have to start thinking how to get back their own votes and it is not by trying to imitate the LieBerals. Offshore processing is dead and let us keep it that way.Slimy LieBeral Wednesday 28 March, 2012 - 1:27 PM
The Greens want open doors, ok, but why open our cheque book for free ciggies, internet, dental and legal aid when we don`t put out for our own homeless.John A Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 10:27 PM
I cross ocean, one way trip,
Pay people smuggler one big tip
Green man, his name Bob Brown,
He welcomes all of us to town.
He big man in Government now I think.
He sends us off to Centrelink.
Welfare say, You come no more,
We send cash right to your door.
Welfare cheques they make you wealthy!
Medicare it keep you healthy!
By and by, I get plenty money.
Thanks to you, you Aussie dummy!
Write to friends in motherland.
Tell them come fast as you can.
Before all is changed to Abbott plan
They come in turbans and Toyota trucks,
And buy big house with welfare bucks!
They come here, we live together.
More welfare cheques, it gets better!
Fourteen families, they moving in,
But neighbour patience wearing thin.
Finally, Aussie guy moves away.
Now I buy his house, then say,
Find more immigrants for house to rent.
And in the yard I put a tent.
Everything is very good,
And soon we own the neighbourhood.
We have hobby, its called breeding.
Welfare pay for baby feeding.
Kids need dentist? Wives need pills?
We get free! We got no bills!
Australians crazy! They work all year,
To keep the welfare running here.
We think Australia darn good place.
Too darn good for Aussie race!
If they not like us, they can scram.
Lots of space in Afghanistan!Slippery, Shifty Rats Of LIEbor Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 9:37 PM
Why would the illegal Centrelink Seekers apply & then have to wait in a tent city somewhere, this is NOT what their lifestyle is accustomed to?
Why not pay $20,000 from their petty cash & gatecrash with an escort by the LIEbor Greens Welcoming Immigration More LIEbor Votes Department?
They will all be put up in resort style accommodation while their NO identification claim is processed, before their escort to the Centrelink Offices & their new free fully self contained homes, before being given permanent residency at lifetime taxpayers expense & they can bring out more Muslim relatives that do NOT assimilate & come for the $$$ at our expense!!
They are coming alright, just not through the proper channels; we would not want a delay for their welfare claims!
JuLIAR Union Run LIEbor has failed to govern in the nations interest & its people.
Carbon Scam Tax LIE, Open Border Sell Out, Broken solemn election pledges, Deliberate Increasing all costs of living, NO Mandate, Spin, Scams, Lies, Cover Ups Go Slow Craig Thomson Saga, Unscrutinised $80Billion NBN, Orchestrated Australia Day Setup & Relentless Hateful Negative Blame Campaign on Tony Abbott, Waste, Spend & $233Billion Debt.
Get OUT LIEbor Greens, you have LOST the trust of the nation & you are ALL totally loathed & the people are over being insulted by the likes of you, go north & live in North Korea it suits your controlling socialist ideology.Another Proud Aussie Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 8:30 PM
Temporary Visa`s, and stop the $millions going in freebies they collect.John Sydney Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 8:01 PM