- Facing the unknowns in Middle East
- Blind man refused mobile phone?
- When do you tell kids bad news?
- Climate: are we serious enough?
- Ray Martin on ex-PM Julia Gillard
- Lonely Planet's East Coast picks
- Career checkups for over 50's
- Pamela Stevenson on Brazouka
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Vince on New terror laws to prohibit torture Torture sounds rather humane compared to what these bastards are dishing out overseas. more
- I propose new Middle East laws on Not in the name of religion 50 years of relentless vicious abuse is enough. I will not stand idly by and allow that abuse to destroy the next generation ... more
- Robert on Not in the name of religion Not about religion? Yeah right. You keep telling yourself that Tim. Its about Islam mate, take the blinkers off. more
- Join the Q Society on Not in the name of religion Tim, this is pure IslamQuran 8:12ShakirWhen your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who ... more
- Davo on Not in the name of religion Nailed it Tim. more
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
UN: Drop in refugees seeking asylum
The United Nation's refugee agency says there's been a nine percent drop in the number of people seeking asylum in Australia over the past year. It's thanks to a drop in the number of people arriving by boat.
However Shadow Immigration Minister Scott Morrison says the figures also show a big increase since Labor first came to power in 2007.
The Greens say the sharp drop in the number of asylum seekers coming to Australia proves the country can afford to open its borders to far more refugees.
Greens senator Sarah Hanson-Young says the report makes a mockery of both Labor and Liberal refugee policies.
She says Australia should be proactively resettling asylum seekers directly to avoid costly offshore processing solutions like Malaysia and Nauru.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
This is impossible! Anyone who supports the liberal party already knows this is impossible!Peter B Wednesday 28 March, 2012 - 9:39 PM
This is good news. What it tells us is that we do not have to go for offshore processing to reduce the numbers coming by boat. Labour have to start thinking how to get back their own votes and it is not by trying to imitate the LieBerals. Offshore processing is dead and let us keep it that way.Slimy LieBeral Wednesday 28 March, 2012 - 1:27 PM
The Greens want open doors, ok, but why open our cheque book for free ciggies, internet, dental and legal aid when we don`t put out for our own homeless.John A Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 10:27 PM
I cross ocean, one way trip,
Pay people smuggler one big tip
Green man, his name Bob Brown,
He welcomes all of us to town.
He big man in Government now I think.
He sends us off to Centrelink.
Welfare say, You come no more,
We send cash right to your door.
Welfare cheques they make you wealthy!
Medicare it keep you healthy!
By and by, I get plenty money.
Thanks to you, you Aussie dummy!
Write to friends in motherland.
Tell them come fast as you can.
Before all is changed to Abbott plan
They come in turbans and Toyota trucks,
And buy big house with welfare bucks!
They come here, we live together.
More welfare cheques, it gets better!
Fourteen families, they moving in,
But neighbour patience wearing thin.
Finally, Aussie guy moves away.
Now I buy his house, then say,
Find more immigrants for house to rent.
And in the yard I put a tent.
Everything is very good,
And soon we own the neighbourhood.
We have hobby, its called breeding.
Welfare pay for baby feeding.
Kids need dentist? Wives need pills?
We get free! We got no bills!
Australians crazy! They work all year,
To keep the welfare running here.
We think Australia darn good place.
Too darn good for Aussie race!
If they not like us, they can scram.
Lots of space in Afghanistan!Slippery, Shifty Rats Of LIEbor Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 9:37 PM
Why would the illegal Centrelink Seekers apply & then have to wait in a tent city somewhere, this is NOT what their lifestyle is accustomed to?
Why not pay $20,000 from their petty cash & gatecrash with an escort by the LIEbor Greens Welcoming Immigration More LIEbor Votes Department?
They will all be put up in resort style accommodation while their NO identification claim is processed, before their escort to the Centrelink Offices & their new free fully self contained homes, before being given permanent residency at lifetime taxpayers expense & they can bring out more Muslim relatives that do NOT assimilate & come for the $$$ at our expense!!
They are coming alright, just not through the proper channels; we would not want a delay for their welfare claims!
JuLIAR Union Run LIEbor has failed to govern in the nations interest & its people.
Carbon Scam Tax LIE, Open Border Sell Out, Broken solemn election pledges, Deliberate Increasing all costs of living, NO Mandate, Spin, Scams, Lies, Cover Ups Go Slow Craig Thomson Saga, Unscrutinised $80Billion NBN, Orchestrated Australia Day Setup & Relentless Hateful Negative Blame Campaign on Tony Abbott, Waste, Spend & $233Billion Debt.
Get OUT LIEbor Greens, you have LOST the trust of the nation & you are ALL totally loathed & the people are over being insulted by the likes of you, go north & live in North Korea it suits your controlling socialist ideology.Another Proud Aussie Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 8:30 PM
Temporary Visa`s, and stop the $millions going in freebies they collect.John Sydney Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 8:01 PM