- Protecting against insidious terrorism
- Tributes flow for Hazel Hawke
- Open Mic: Distance Education
- 19 new charges against Thomson
- Politician hands out his pay rise
- Ford to cut production in Australia
- Cost of raising children on the rise
- Calls to legalise euthanasia in NSW
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Vince on Ford to cut production in Australia Totally agree with Peter. The writing was on the wall years ago, so it should not have come as a surprise. I can't feel ... more
- Kimber on Calls to legalise euthanasia in NSW Anybody who has had to sit by the side of terminally ill person and see their distress at having to linger and suffer in ... more
- Robert on UK terror: soldier hacked to death @paulo. You havent got a clue about WW2. Try researching without hollywood movies and propaganda books. more
- Robert on Ford to cut production in Australia So much for globalisation. Boy they really suckered us into that one. more
- Peter on UK terror: soldier hacked to death And one of the biggest supporters of the Nazi's was Islam! the SS even had a muslim death squad! The EDL and other so called ... more
- Peter on Ford to cut production in Australia And who didn't see this coming years ago?Typical Labor and Unions not living in the real world and understanding that ... more
- Peter on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Barry was conned by Ju-lier!There is no extra money for Gonski! Any money they do have has been re-directed from other ... more
- paulo on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support Terrence again you think all gays just want to go to discos and saunas and have many partners.Well there are many who ... more
- paulo on UK terror: soldier hacked to death I come from London .Homegrown Islamic extremism is a problem, however the EDL the English Defence League that rioted after ... more
- m on Man refuses rising for magistrate what i would like to see is someone giving parking tickets out in front of any mosque on a friday. council !! anyone ... more
- Terrence on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Carry on Barry! If a Lieberal party stooge accuses you of being Labour - you who won a landslide election for the party, ... more
- Terrence on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support @Paulo, why is it prejudice to point out that the institution of marriage has nothing to do with homosexual lifestyle? Tell ... more
- Terrence on Economic hard times for Aussies Well Bill, I wish you had said that before you came here. If you think we are doing it tough spare a thought for most of the ... more
- Terrence on Premier sticks with Gonski decision Party hacks will always talk like party hacks. To them the country or the state is not more important than their petty ... more
- Michael on PM back in Sydney's greater west Well if Bob Hawke is going to be there, he can explain to Julia what its like to be stabbed in the back whilst P.M. Maybe ... more
- Michael on Claims against Ben Te'o denied Put simply, no charges laid by her or Mr Te'o so this is a non event. No one should condone violence of any kind against ... more
- Bill Baxter on PM back in Sydney's greater west A community cabinet eh! She would not even understand how cabinet government is supposed to operate! What a horrible piece ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Contempt not standing for Magistrate This is called Cultural Jihad!It is the thin edge of the wedge.Join the Q Society to uphold Australian values.Jason they are ... more
- bazza on PM back in Sydney's greater west bob is only going to get a bit of the ndis cash. more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Girl held at gun point in robbery Again, people these days do not have much respect for the very wishy-washy undisciplined legal system! A damned system full ... more
UN: Drop in refugees seeking asylum
The United Nation's refugee agency says there's been a nine percent drop in the number of people seeking asylum in Australia over the past year. It's thanks to a drop in the number of people arriving by boat.
However Shadow Immigration Minister Scott Morrison says the figures also show a big increase since Labor first came to power in 2007.
The Greens say the sharp drop in the number of asylum seekers coming to Australia proves the country can afford to open its borders to far more refugees.
Greens senator Sarah Hanson-Young says the report makes a mockery of both Labor and Liberal refugee policies.
She says Australia should be proactively resettling asylum seekers directly to avoid costly offshore processing solutions like Malaysia and Nauru.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
This is impossible! Anyone who supports the liberal party already knows this is impossible!Peter B Wednesday 28 March, 2012 - 9:39 PM
This is good news. What it tells us is that we do not have to go for offshore processing to reduce the numbers coming by boat. Labour have to start thinking how to get back their own votes and it is not by trying to imitate the LieBerals. Offshore processing is dead and let us keep it that way.Slimy LieBeral Wednesday 28 March, 2012 - 1:27 PM
The Greens want open doors, ok, but why open our cheque book for free ciggies, internet, dental and legal aid when we don`t put out for our own homeless.John A Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 10:27 PM
I cross ocean, one way trip,
Pay people smuggler one big tip
Green man, his name Bob Brown,
He welcomes all of us to town.
He big man in Government now I think.
He sends us off to Centrelink.
Welfare say, You come no more,
We send cash right to your door.
Welfare cheques they make you wealthy!
Medicare it keep you healthy!
By and by, I get plenty money.
Thanks to you, you Aussie dummy!
Write to friends in motherland.
Tell them come fast as you can.
Before all is changed to Abbott plan
They come in turbans and Toyota trucks,
And buy big house with welfare bucks!
They come here, we live together.
More welfare cheques, it gets better!
Fourteen families, they moving in,
But neighbour patience wearing thin.
Finally, Aussie guy moves away.
Now I buy his house, then say,
Find more immigrants for house to rent.
And in the yard I put a tent.
Everything is very good,
And soon we own the neighbourhood.
We have hobby, its called breeding.
Welfare pay for baby feeding.
Kids need dentist? Wives need pills?
We get free! We got no bills!
Australians crazy! They work all year,
To keep the welfare running here.
We think Australia darn good place.
Too darn good for Aussie race!
If they not like us, they can scram.
Lots of space in Afghanistan!Slippery, Shifty Rats Of LIEbor Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 9:37 PM
Why would the illegal Centrelink Seekers apply & then have to wait in a tent city somewhere, this is NOT what their lifestyle is accustomed to?
Why not pay $20,000 from their petty cash & gatecrash with an escort by the LIEbor Greens Welcoming Immigration More LIEbor Votes Department?
They will all be put up in resort style accommodation while their NO identification claim is processed, before their escort to the Centrelink Offices & their new free fully self contained homes, before being given permanent residency at lifetime taxpayers expense & they can bring out more Muslim relatives that do NOT assimilate & come for the $$$ at our expense!!
They are coming alright, just not through the proper channels; we would not want a delay for their welfare claims!
JuLIAR Union Run LIEbor has failed to govern in the nations interest & its people.
Carbon Scam Tax LIE, Open Border Sell Out, Broken solemn election pledges, Deliberate Increasing all costs of living, NO Mandate, Spin, Scams, Lies, Cover Ups Go Slow Craig Thomson Saga, Unscrutinised $80Billion NBN, Orchestrated Australia Day Setup & Relentless Hateful Negative Blame Campaign on Tony Abbott, Waste, Spend & $233Billion Debt.
Get OUT LIEbor Greens, you have LOST the trust of the nation & you are ALL totally loathed & the people are over being insulted by the likes of you, go north & live in North Korea it suits your controlling socialist ideology.Another Proud Aussie Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 8:30 PM
Temporary Visa`s, and stop the $millions going in freebies they collect.John Sydney Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 8:01 PM