- Harnessing the power of social media
- "Islam" absent over UK terrorism?
- Vivid Sydney lights up the CBD
- Was the Warner fine appropriate?
- Tom Richards, Wallaby Warrior
- Call to ban live sporting odds on TV
- Protecting against insidious terrorism
- Tributes flow for Hazel Hawke
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- sara Rafi on "Islam" absent over UK terrorism? Islam is absent because Islam is a religion that promotes universal justice and peace Mr Morisson but you obviously do not ... more
- Dave on Ford to cut production in Australia Having worked for the FMC itself in various wages & Salaried positions.. I got to say its the BEST company I've had the ... more
- Dave on "Islam" absent over UK terrorism? Sorry.. but NO.. we are currently being invaded by the Islamic community in a systematic implanting of culturally ... more
- Jack Gold on "Islam" absent over UK terrorism? Islam is missing because Islam condemns such barbaric killings.Please read about Islam before making such twisted and racist ... more
- Jashua Badran on "Islam" absent over UK terrorism? Jason Morrison is a renowned racist who hates muslims and islam.If he is so interested in islam then he must convert to ... more
- sanza on Protecting against insidious terrorism Peter, you are right, one cannot have a rational and sensible outcome with hate mongers and creeps like you and Bin laden. more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on "Islam" absent over UK terrorism? Our elected politicians and indeed the media too, are encouraging the terrorists jihad war against the world. Islam is ... more
- paulo on Protecting against insidious terrorism HEY guess whatIm a muslim and not a terrorist.wow how weird is thatTired of these stupid comments putting all muslims in the ... more
- paulo on Calls to legalise euthanasia in NSW When my dad was dying of cancer he was told they couldnt help him pass on.He said angrily that they treated dogs better .He ... more
- yusuf on UK terror: soldier hacked to death Every act of extremism is evil. Whether its verbal or physical.@Paulo, you are correct.This evil act is deplorable so are ... more
- Wobblyone on Ford to cut production in Australia Well said Peter. But why are we not making an Aussie car, electric if you like, from the ground up and exporting something ... more
- Peter on Ford to cut production in Australia And now the ACTU come charging in on their white donkey, guns ablazing seeing who they can hit in a ridiculous attempt to ... more
- peter on Was the Warner fine appropriate? Cricket, football, soccer, racing just about any sport these days is subject to bizarre and draconian laws of conduct that ... more
- Simon on Ford to cut production in Australia communism in the making. So who controls it all? lets not be niave about this. more
- Peter on Protecting against insidious terrorism Of course there will be copycat attacks, the followers of the religion of peace believe that everyone that does not believe ... more
- CARMEN on Tributes flow for Hazel Hawke The passing of Mrs. Hazel Hawke has really saddened me...I had a lot of respect for this wonderful person who always came ... more
- Douglas on Ford to cut production in Australia At least the workers are getting 3 years notice, better then 3 days more
- Keith A Tudor on 19 new charges against Thomson And so the charges pour in and are added to the mass of other charges already preferred against this joker - yet it drags on ... more
- Samuel Kyrikos on Ford to cut production in Australia I agree this has been coming your years. Little or no productivity and vehicle improvements. I believe the trade unionists ... more
- paulo on UK terror: soldier hacked to death Robert.I studied history and most people know that the nazis wanted to dominate europe .They also murdered ... more
UN: Drop in refugees seeking asylum
The United Nation's refugee agency says there's been a nine percent drop in the number of people seeking asylum in Australia over the past year. It's thanks to a drop in the number of people arriving by boat.
However Shadow Immigration Minister Scott Morrison says the figures also show a big increase since Labor first came to power in 2007.
The Greens say the sharp drop in the number of asylum seekers coming to Australia proves the country can afford to open its borders to far more refugees.
Greens senator Sarah Hanson-Young says the report makes a mockery of both Labor and Liberal refugee policies.
She says Australia should be proactively resettling asylum seekers directly to avoid costly offshore processing solutions like Malaysia and Nauru.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
This is impossible! Anyone who supports the liberal party already knows this is impossible!Peter B Wednesday 28 March, 2012 - 9:39 PM
This is good news. What it tells us is that we do not have to go for offshore processing to reduce the numbers coming by boat. Labour have to start thinking how to get back their own votes and it is not by trying to imitate the LieBerals. Offshore processing is dead and let us keep it that way.Slimy LieBeral Wednesday 28 March, 2012 - 1:27 PM
The Greens want open doors, ok, but why open our cheque book for free ciggies, internet, dental and legal aid when we don`t put out for our own homeless.John A Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 10:27 PM
I cross ocean, one way trip,
Pay people smuggler one big tip
Green man, his name Bob Brown,
He welcomes all of us to town.
He big man in Government now I think.
He sends us off to Centrelink.
Welfare say, You come no more,
We send cash right to your door.
Welfare cheques they make you wealthy!
Medicare it keep you healthy!
By and by, I get plenty money.
Thanks to you, you Aussie dummy!
Write to friends in motherland.
Tell them come fast as you can.
Before all is changed to Abbott plan
They come in turbans and Toyota trucks,
And buy big house with welfare bucks!
They come here, we live together.
More welfare cheques, it gets better!
Fourteen families, they moving in,
But neighbour patience wearing thin.
Finally, Aussie guy moves away.
Now I buy his house, then say,
Find more immigrants for house to rent.
And in the yard I put a tent.
Everything is very good,
And soon we own the neighbourhood.
We have hobby, its called breeding.
Welfare pay for baby feeding.
Kids need dentist? Wives need pills?
We get free! We got no bills!
Australians crazy! They work all year,
To keep the welfare running here.
We think Australia darn good place.
Too darn good for Aussie race!
If they not like us, they can scram.
Lots of space in Afghanistan!Slippery, Shifty Rats Of LIEbor Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 9:37 PM
Why would the illegal Centrelink Seekers apply & then have to wait in a tent city somewhere, this is NOT what their lifestyle is accustomed to?
Why not pay $20,000 from their petty cash & gatecrash with an escort by the LIEbor Greens Welcoming Immigration More LIEbor Votes Department?
They will all be put up in resort style accommodation while their NO identification claim is processed, before their escort to the Centrelink Offices & their new free fully self contained homes, before being given permanent residency at lifetime taxpayers expense & they can bring out more Muslim relatives that do NOT assimilate & come for the $$$ at our expense!!
They are coming alright, just not through the proper channels; we would not want a delay for their welfare claims!
JuLIAR Union Run LIEbor has failed to govern in the nations interest & its people.
Carbon Scam Tax LIE, Open Border Sell Out, Broken solemn election pledges, Deliberate Increasing all costs of living, NO Mandate, Spin, Scams, Lies, Cover Ups Go Slow Craig Thomson Saga, Unscrutinised $80Billion NBN, Orchestrated Australia Day Setup & Relentless Hateful Negative Blame Campaign on Tony Abbott, Waste, Spend & $233Billion Debt.
Get OUT LIEbor Greens, you have LOST the trust of the nation & you are ALL totally loathed & the people are over being insulted by the likes of you, go north & live in North Korea it suits your controlling socialist ideology.Another Proud Aussie Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 8:30 PM
Temporary Visa`s, and stop the $millions going in freebies they collect.John Sydney Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 8:01 PM