- Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped?
- Blue Poles: Gough's art legacy
- Angela's Pics: Your Spring Garden
- Walking again: the stem cell miracle
- Equip police with video cameras
- Truck crash caught on dash cam
- Aussie jihadist signs death warrant?
- Balibo 5 investigation dropped
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Truck crash at traffic hotspot I wish various authorities and media would stop calling these smashes involving trucks as 'accidents'. In almost every case ... more
- Tony on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM What a Tool!Lets hope one of the first things the SAS do in Iraq is to make this idiots day! more
- Realistic on The Whisper: Waste at Tafe Surprise surprise, long ago, thirty years back the Liberal NSW Education Minister Terry Metherell rightly said that TAFE was ... more
- ETERNITY... on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam Well Australia can thank Gough Whitlam and Al Grassby and indeed the Labor party for so called multicultural Sydney. more
- Laura on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on The Whisper: where burqa ban began France saw fit to ban the burqa but "sorry" Australia did not? more
- Raumann Gagnon on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A great leader , a warm friend . Always honest in what he did and said . Faithful to his beliefs and ideas . He shall be ... more
- REALISTIC on Drivers not tested for cocaine use? Well that explains all of the constant madness and road rage etc going on in our streets...so what are our invisible 'police ... more
- CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Fight continues to keep Baghdad We really should be evacuating the horribly persecuted christians and leaving the muslims to fight it out, like they have ... more
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
UN: Drop in refugees seeking asylum
The United Nation's refugee agency says there's been a nine percent drop in the number of people seeking asylum in Australia over the past year. It's thanks to a drop in the number of people arriving by boat.
However Shadow Immigration Minister Scott Morrison says the figures also show a big increase since Labor first came to power in 2007.
The Greens say the sharp drop in the number of asylum seekers coming to Australia proves the country can afford to open its borders to far more refugees.
Greens senator Sarah Hanson-Young says the report makes a mockery of both Labor and Liberal refugee policies.
She says Australia should be proactively resettling asylum seekers directly to avoid costly offshore processing solutions like Malaysia and Nauru.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
This is impossible! Anyone who supports the liberal party already knows this is impossible!Peter B Wednesday 28 March, 2012 - 9:39 PM
This is good news. What it tells us is that we do not have to go for offshore processing to reduce the numbers coming by boat. Labour have to start thinking how to get back their own votes and it is not by trying to imitate the LieBerals. Offshore processing is dead and let us keep it that way.Slimy LieBeral Wednesday 28 March, 2012 - 1:27 PM
The Greens want open doors, ok, but why open our cheque book for free ciggies, internet, dental and legal aid when we don`t put out for our own homeless.John A Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 10:27 PM
I cross ocean, one way trip,
Pay people smuggler one big tip
Green man, his name Bob Brown,
He welcomes all of us to town.
He big man in Government now I think.
He sends us off to Centrelink.
Welfare say, You come no more,
We send cash right to your door.
Welfare cheques they make you wealthy!
Medicare it keep you healthy!
By and by, I get plenty money.
Thanks to you, you Aussie dummy!
Write to friends in motherland.
Tell them come fast as you can.
Before all is changed to Abbott plan
They come in turbans and Toyota trucks,
And buy big house with welfare bucks!
They come here, we live together.
More welfare cheques, it gets better!
Fourteen families, they moving in,
But neighbour patience wearing thin.
Finally, Aussie guy moves away.
Now I buy his house, then say,
Find more immigrants for house to rent.
And in the yard I put a tent.
Everything is very good,
And soon we own the neighbourhood.
We have hobby, its called breeding.
Welfare pay for baby feeding.
Kids need dentist? Wives need pills?
We get free! We got no bills!
Australians crazy! They work all year,
To keep the welfare running here.
We think Australia darn good place.
Too darn good for Aussie race!
If they not like us, they can scram.
Lots of space in Afghanistan!Slippery, Shifty Rats Of LIEbor Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 9:37 PM
Why would the illegal Centrelink Seekers apply & then have to wait in a tent city somewhere, this is NOT what their lifestyle is accustomed to?
Why not pay $20,000 from their petty cash & gatecrash with an escort by the LIEbor Greens Welcoming Immigration More LIEbor Votes Department?
They will all be put up in resort style accommodation while their NO identification claim is processed, before their escort to the Centrelink Offices & their new free fully self contained homes, before being given permanent residency at lifetime taxpayers expense & they can bring out more Muslim relatives that do NOT assimilate & come for the $$$ at our expense!!
They are coming alright, just not through the proper channels; we would not want a delay for their welfare claims!
JuLIAR Union Run LIEbor has failed to govern in the nations interest & its people.
Carbon Scam Tax LIE, Open Border Sell Out, Broken solemn election pledges, Deliberate Increasing all costs of living, NO Mandate, Spin, Scams, Lies, Cover Ups Go Slow Craig Thomson Saga, Unscrutinised $80Billion NBN, Orchestrated Australia Day Setup & Relentless Hateful Negative Blame Campaign on Tony Abbott, Waste, Spend & $233Billion Debt.
Get OUT LIEbor Greens, you have LOST the trust of the nation & you are ALL totally loathed & the people are over being insulted by the likes of you, go north & live in North Korea it suits your controlling socialist ideology.Another Proud Aussie Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 8:30 PM
Temporary Visa`s, and stop the $millions going in freebies they collect.John Sydney Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 8:01 PM