- Do we need seats for indigenous MPs
- Revealed: Operation Pendennis
- Overcoming fear in our suburbs
- Sydney's Favourite Teacher 2014
- Council sister city costs questioned
- 12 secrets to a happy marriage
- New phase in fight on terror
- Let Australians go fight for ISIL?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
Unemployment rate drops
Economists believe Australia's unemployment rate will rise in the coming year, even though it's fallen to a three month low in November.
Almost 14-thousand new jobs were created over the last month for a jobless rate of 5-point-2 per cent.
But all the positions were part-time, offsetting a drop in full-time work.
Shane Oliver from AMP doesn't believe the unemployment rate will remain this low given the raft of weak economic data that's been released.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Our economy is the envy of the world, but as the economy slows, do we really need to be driving toward a manufactured surplus? John Stanley says we need to listen to sensible economic debate, without politics.
The advances in the treatment of cancer is growing, particularly prostate cancer. Stuart Bocking speaks with two sufferers, who outline their treatment choices after forgoing traditional prostate surgery.
Terrence talking up crap again, unemployment is rife and the figures are polluted by including partial employment as a fulltime employment. Partial employment is an indication to growing poverty within a economy caused by underemployment, this is further qualified by the RBA lowering the interest rates yet again. The other fact is the raft of long term employment being lost in country areas of small and medium businesses collapsing.mick Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 11:19 AM
When a party's electoral objective is based on talking down the performance of a country which is the envy of the entire world, there must be something terribly wrong with either the party or the leaders of that party. I suspect it is the latter.Terrence Friday 7 December, 2012 - 11:15 PM
Yeah, I have been saying this for ages now, those false figures that were released about a month ago absolute bull***t, meanwhile while the sh** hits the fan Juliar is spending time on TV doing funny skit shows. Sorry to say but with politicians like that just around the corner eading into idiocracy. Something needs to be done about it before its too late.luke Friday 7 December, 2012 - 12:26 PM
Unemployment down, interest rates down,Whyalla is still there,wow,how great is the governement goingDouglas Friday 7 December, 2012 - 11:17 AM
And you can bet your boots that Jul-liar Eileen Gillard and her equally obstinate treasurer, boofhead Wayne Swan, have not included the reputed 50,000 New Zealanders who arrived here in Australia recently - the vast bulk of them here bloodging on our welfare system.Samuel Kyrikos Friday 7 December, 2012 - 7:24 AM
This is but more lies and indecent deceit by the rotten Gillard minority socialist government. They have covered up the true unemployment rate which in my view is running at around 9-10%. Lies, lies and damned defunct labor party politicians. These bastards should never ever again be given the mantle of government anywhere!!!Justin J James Friday 7 December, 2012 - 7:12 AM