- How to attract the perfect partner?
- Wendy Matthews: Campfire Festival
- Jodi McKay to contest Strathfield
- Too many truck accidents
- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN on Too many truck accidents The police need to get with the times, technology can go a long way in stopping rogue truck drivers and other crime. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Greens Grinch against Christmas @Judith - well said. They are also a band of wanton lunatics that should never be allowed to enter any form of public ... more
- peter on The lone wolf: who is watching? as long as the lone wolf starts at the top and works his way down the food chain it wont affect most Australianspollies then ... more
- MARY CHRISTMAS on Greens Grinch against Christmas So called religious tolerance is only for certain types and certainly not for Christians. Christianity is the most ... more
- Janelle on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens councillor from Woollahra has a point in that the function he is referring to is to be funded by the Woollahra ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on The lone wolf: who is watching? It would not be so bad if there were only "one lone wolf", however these so called lone wolves pop up like mushrooms hidden ... more
- Cleangirl on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Greens are ruining Australia with their Political Correctness terrorism. more
- Join the Q Society on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Cleangirl has said it all! more
- Join the Q Society on Greens Grinch against Christmas The Local Government Minster should sack this ^&*(%$ person! more
- Leon on Greens Grinch against Christmas You want to celebrate a fairy tale do it at home. I'm sick of the child abuse that comes with brainwashing children. more
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
Unemployment rate drops
Economists believe Australia's unemployment rate will rise in the coming year, even though it's fallen to a three month low in November.
Almost 14-thousand new jobs were created over the last month for a jobless rate of 5-point-2 per cent.
But all the positions were part-time, offsetting a drop in full-time work.
Shane Oliver from AMP doesn't believe the unemployment rate will remain this low given the raft of weak economic data that's been released.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Our economy is the envy of the world, but as the economy slows, do we really need to be driving toward a manufactured surplus? John Stanley says we need to listen to sensible economic debate, without politics.
The advances in the treatment of cancer is growing, particularly prostate cancer. Stuart Bocking speaks with two sufferers, who outline their treatment choices after forgoing traditional prostate surgery.
Terrence talking up crap again, unemployment is rife and the figures are polluted by including partial employment as a fulltime employment. Partial employment is an indication to growing poverty within a economy caused by underemployment, this is further qualified by the RBA lowering the interest rates yet again. The other fact is the raft of long term employment being lost in country areas of small and medium businesses collapsing.mick Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 11:19 AM
When a party's electoral objective is based on talking down the performance of a country which is the envy of the entire world, there must be something terribly wrong with either the party or the leaders of that party. I suspect it is the latter.Terrence Friday 7 December, 2012 - 11:15 PM
Yeah, I have been saying this for ages now, those false figures that were released about a month ago absolute bull***t, meanwhile while the sh** hits the fan Juliar is spending time on TV doing funny skit shows. Sorry to say but with politicians like that just around the corner eading into idiocracy. Something needs to be done about it before its too late.luke Friday 7 December, 2012 - 12:26 PM
Unemployment down, interest rates down,Whyalla is still there,wow,how great is the governement goingDouglas Friday 7 December, 2012 - 11:17 AM
And you can bet your boots that Jul-liar Eileen Gillard and her equally obstinate treasurer, boofhead Wayne Swan, have not included the reputed 50,000 New Zealanders who arrived here in Australia recently - the vast bulk of them here bloodging on our welfare system.Samuel Kyrikos Friday 7 December, 2012 - 7:24 AM
This is but more lies and indecent deceit by the rotten Gillard minority socialist government. They have covered up the true unemployment rate which in my view is running at around 9-10%. Lies, lies and damned defunct labor party politicians. These bastards should never ever again be given the mantle of government anywhere!!!Justin J James Friday 7 December, 2012 - 7:12 AM