- Phillip Hughes: Greg Matthews Tribute
- Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute!
- AIRA gossip from Richard Wilkins
- Council protest ships at White Bay
- Cowan appeals Morcombe confession
- Shorten plays co-payment all wrong?
- Phil Hughes: Ambo response queires
- Blacktown councilors going soft?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Sylvia Krupenin & Nina Ersh on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! RIP Phillip Hughes,Deepest condolences to his family, friends and his team mates. My prayers and thoughts are with you at ... more
- YESHUA.. on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! God have mercy on Phil's soul, merciful Jesus have mercy on Phil and I hope and pray that Phil is in the Book of ... more
- Muhammad Sheraz on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Deeply saddened to hear about PHIL Hughes passes away, don't have words to say, it left me in tears , my sympathy and ... more
- edmund hunt on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! I;am just gutted for his family and the whole cricket community which is a massive part of aust sport- he walked my son ... more
- Matt on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Phillip was a great player. An all round good bloke. He will be missed. Rest In Peace mate. more
- Robyn Hanna on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! I was at the Sydney Cricket Ground in the M.A Noble stand as was his Mum and Dad taking the video of the 100 runs that he ... more
- sangamesha on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Philip Hughes RIP,I am so sad. more
- Will on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! RIP Phil HughesIf the first test still goes ahead Phil Hughes should still be named and Australia should take the field with ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on $7 co-payment fee abandoned? That dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, "heavy lifting" U.N. 's big Joe Hockey and Mathias Corman are self-serving ... more
- Kylie Kelly on Baby found in Quakers Hill drain This will put the pro-abortionists into a frenzy. See how all life is precious, not just the politicians' lives, who ... more
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
Unemployment rate drops
Economists believe Australia's unemployment rate will rise in the coming year, even though it's fallen to a three month low in November.
Almost 14-thousand new jobs were created over the last month for a jobless rate of 5-point-2 per cent.
But all the positions were part-time, offsetting a drop in full-time work.
Shane Oliver from AMP doesn't believe the unemployment rate will remain this low given the raft of weak economic data that's been released.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Our economy is the envy of the world, but as the economy slows, do we really need to be driving toward a manufactured surplus? John Stanley says we need to listen to sensible economic debate, without politics.
The advances in the treatment of cancer is growing, particularly prostate cancer. Stuart Bocking speaks with two sufferers, who outline their treatment choices after forgoing traditional prostate surgery.
Terrence talking up crap again, unemployment is rife and the figures are polluted by including partial employment as a fulltime employment. Partial employment is an indication to growing poverty within a economy caused by underemployment, this is further qualified by the RBA lowering the interest rates yet again. The other fact is the raft of long term employment being lost in country areas of small and medium businesses collapsing.mick Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 11:19 AM
When a party's electoral objective is based on talking down the performance of a country which is the envy of the entire world, there must be something terribly wrong with either the party or the leaders of that party. I suspect it is the latter.Terrence Friday 7 December, 2012 - 11:15 PM
Yeah, I have been saying this for ages now, those false figures that were released about a month ago absolute bull***t, meanwhile while the sh** hits the fan Juliar is spending time on TV doing funny skit shows. Sorry to say but with politicians like that just around the corner eading into idiocracy. Something needs to be done about it before its too late.luke Friday 7 December, 2012 - 12:26 PM
Unemployment down, interest rates down,Whyalla is still there,wow,how great is the governement goingDouglas Friday 7 December, 2012 - 11:17 AM
And you can bet your boots that Jul-liar Eileen Gillard and her equally obstinate treasurer, boofhead Wayne Swan, have not included the reputed 50,000 New Zealanders who arrived here in Australia recently - the vast bulk of them here bloodging on our welfare system.Samuel Kyrikos Friday 7 December, 2012 - 7:24 AM
This is but more lies and indecent deceit by the rotten Gillard minority socialist government. They have covered up the true unemployment rate which in my view is running at around 9-10%. Lies, lies and damned defunct labor party politicians. These bastards should never ever again be given the mantle of government anywhere!!!Justin J James Friday 7 December, 2012 - 7:12 AM