- Young drivers on p-plates until 25?
- Tributes for Doors legend Manzarek
- Warnings over pets being stolen
- Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support
- Sydney’s traffic making workers sick
- Twisters strike Oklahoma City
- Ban all gambling advertising?
- Journalists too left on political views?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- paul on Man refuses rising for magistrate He should be punished further for that!However that doesnt mean i will jump on the anti muslim racist bandwagon like a lot ... more
- paul on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support Well done Mr Rudd.Its about time AustrÃ?Â?Ã?Â¡lia grew up re gay marriage and now we will see the clown is ABBOTT who will ... more
- CARMEN on Gillard gains ground in polls for PM ONLY the gullible will believe anything Julia Gillard puts forward....Another BIG LIE is that Mr. Abbott is GOING TO CUT THE ... more
- CARMEN on Gillard gains ground in polls for PM UH, TERRENCE.....You are obviously a VERY, VERY CONFUSED person...How on earth can you STILL back a DISHONEST LABOR ... more
- CARMEN on Kevin Rudd on gay marriage support KEVIN RUDD....Australia's JOKER AND CLOWN.....Who would take any notice of his views regarding gay marriage...he is a non ... more
- CARMEN on Man refuses rising for magistrate Well, Terence.....You are one of the loonies who obviously has very low regard for our laws.....If they want to express ... more
- Jester4212 on Ban all gambling advertising? Good call, with you all the way! Excellent interview. more
- Simon on Sydney’s traffic making workers sick Stop complaining... prob is too many people stuck in this "Sydney comfort zone" Quit your job and move out of the city. Too ... more
- Terrence on Gillard gains ground in polls for PM What is most disgusting is the deliberate attempt to talk down the country for one's own petty political interest. This ... more
- Greg O on Banning children not vaccinated? I can still remember that day at St Leos College Wahroonga in 1956 when the whole school was vaccinated against Polio. My ... more
- Terrence on Man refuses rising for magistrate @Maddy, yes, send him to his home - in Bankstown.@Sal Oddo, what are they doing here? I suppose they are expressing ... more
- Terrence on Journalists too left on political views? It is the height of hypocrisy when Jason Morrison talks of bias. For so long he has been not just exhibiting bias but ... more
- Terrence on Tony Abbott's Budget 2013 reply @CARMEN, I'm sorry his predicament is because of his ill-advised small-target policy and his reluctance and/or inability to ... more
- Andrew on Man refuses rising for magistrate Enough is enough! How many times do we have to pander to the Islamic minority who have no respect for our laws and customs? ... more
- ps58 on Man refuses rising for magistrate We have no bill of rights.. but the Rule of Law is embedded in our Australian Constituion- no one is above the law- all are ... more
- Sam on Man refuses rising for magistrate If he knows his religion quite well. Why didn't he or his lawyer advise the court before Magistrate entered the court room ... more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Journalists too left on political views? They should not be left or right and report professionally, honestly and objectively, which they don't. The ABC Chairman on ... more
- CARMEN on Man refuses rising for magistrate Why is our legal people SOOO SPINELESS WHEN IT COMES TO DEAL WITH MUSLIMS????....This person and others like him SHOULD BE ... more
- Pearler on Man refuses rising for magistrate Since when does religion trump basic freedoms and respect. There is no room for this kind of behaviour. I couldn't care less ... more
- Kimber on Footy show stunt angers viewers 'Meathead' television, this show is way past it's used by date, they will milk anything for a laugh...sad! more
Vaccination akin to child rape claim
How dare anti-vaccination campaigner Meryl Dorey claim vaccination is akin to child rape? Tracey Spicer reveals to David Oldfield the outlandish statements, and Hetty Johnson calls for an apology from Dorey.
Click here for a Facebook link to Meryl Dorey's claims: Click Here for More
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
its not the pinprick,it`s the stuff that is injected into the child, perhaps you should research the ingredients of the vacine before making stupid comments and when did you and bill gates get to be medical experts , I bet this will not get postedtony Wednesday 16 February, 2011 - 10:36 AM
Good on you Tracey. This Vaccination Network wheedled its way into being into the parenting information network many years ago when I was the editor of Parents magazine. Finally she is getting her come uppance... it needed the popular media to expose her!.
Well done.Carol Fallows Wednesday 9 February, 2011 - 12:19 PM
Dorey claims to have checked the dictionary and that the act of rape involves power, not sex.
I'd like a full reference for that definition before I'd believe a word of her notpology.Andy Wednesday 9 February, 2011 - 2:57 AM
"Rape is also now recognised as an element of the crime of genocide when committed with the intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a targeted group."
This is not to say I agree with the analogy because I don't, however I understood where Meryl Dorey was coming from when she posted it to the Facebook website. Many others did not. Tracey Spicer is incorrect to state that the post had been removed, since it has not (at least as yet) Ms Spicer also failed to read the entire apology made by Meryl Dorey. Pro-vaccination believers are always on about "misinformation", "emotional" & "selectively quoting" yet I see it happen on pro-vaccine websites all the time, and now from journalists.
"A spoonful of honey will catch more flies than a gallon of vinegar." - by Franklin, BenjaminCarolyn Wednesday 9 February, 2011 - 12:24 AM
Like most advocates of alternative medicine I think Meryl is blind with ideology. Sure she says she has studied vaccines for over twenty years but quite clearly that study has been a long examination into verifying her own bias.
Tracy spicer has done a great job of highlighting the madness and ignorance that is at the core of meryls views. Some people have criticized Tracy of not being impartial, I used to work with Tracy many years ago and she is a formidable journalist but I think in this case she is reacting to Meryl the same way any intelligent person should, with utter contempt.Ryan Wednesday 9 February, 2011 - 12:22 AM
Meryl Dorey was once the go-to person for vaccination (mis)information in the Australian media. Thanks to journalists like Tracey exposing her nonsense, this "false balance" is being stopped, thus halting the spread of dangerous misinformation about vaccination. Kids get sick because of the falsehoods spread by people like Meryl Dorey. Congratulations Tracey.DrRachie Tuesday 8 February, 2011 - 4:29 PM