- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Vanstone: stop offering residency
Former Immigration Minister Amanda Vanstone says the Gillard Government's Malaysia Solution is a waste of time.
The Government is using the latest asylum seeker drownings to try pressure the opposition into supporting the policy.
Divisions are emerging within Opposition ranks with a number of MPs calling on Tony Abbott to agree to Malaysia.
Amanda Vanstone tells Stuart Bocking only stopping the offer of permanent residency to asylum seekers will halt the flow of boats.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
and stop the $40,000 average appeal legal costs for each individual, that they get free. + free dental, doctors, internet, ciggies etc etc. Or at least offer the same to our aussie homeless.Johannes Wednesday 27 June, 2012 - 7:26 AM
this gov has no determination to solve immigration issue, I reported an immigration fraud to the minister and their dod-in service, no action at all. Let those people misuse medicare and benefit.Joe Tuesday 26 June, 2012 - 9:42 PM
it's all Gillards fault!Wise Man Steve Tuesday 26 June, 2012 - 1:34 PM
How about we even up the refugees by getting some of those persicuted christians here?
Yeah right, so we bring into the country the very people who are persicuting christians in Indonesia and Malaysia. Bringing the problem here is not the answer. Let them fight it out in their own country and leave Australia to the Australians.Peter Tuesday 26 June, 2012 - 12:36 PM
Of course she`s right Stuart.
How about we even up the refugees by getting some of those persicuted christians here.Johannes Tuesday 26 June, 2012 - 10:15 AM
Amanda is spot on. Why are the Labor/Greens so devoid of this sort of common sense and logic? Any fool can see that the Malaysian solution at best is spurious and unworkable, and has issues with human rights and legality. Sarah Hanson Young keeps bleating on about "onshore processing" which only attracts more boats. How in hell is that a solution? Either she takes us all for fools or she's the fool. Just like Robert's blog, all these left-wing ideologues seem to do is blame and abuse those who don't agree with their irrational and obtuse dogma.Jimmy Tuesday 26 June, 2012 - 10:00 AM