- Unwanted pets: choose gifts carefully
- Gifts cards: are they a cop out?
- Blue Mountains: doorstep paradise
- Sharks attacks: what to know
- Can we make romance cool again?
- Gifts that give for Christmas?
- Dogs: the enduring best friend
- What makes the over 40's tick?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- peter on Expect intense bushfires more often gee you don't think the land clearing laws had anything to do with the scrub build up and the red tape you have to go ... more
- mick on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? You are a racist Ahmed, stupid claim. more
- Jonathon L Benson on Aussie students are falling behind? I would also like to see their left wing Union abolished and replaced by a Management Board comprising Parents and a few ... more
- Robert on Mandela: lessons we can all learn @ahmed. The White Australia policy was fine. Our people didn't build this country with multiculturalism in mind. They built ... more
- Jenny Biddle on Qantas: should Alan Joyce resign? I agree that Alan Joyce and the Board of Qantas should go, It has been a downhill spiral since Joyce took charge. Virgin ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @ Jester4212, much larger, heavier and faster vehicle.Q.Why do they expose themselves to danger and death.A. They are stupid! more
- ahmed on Mandela: lessons we can all learn Never forget that Australia had a racist WHITE ONLY policy till 1973. In 1975 the Whitlam Government passed the Racial ... more
- STEVE on Mandela: lessons we can all learn south africa has a long journey to fight for economic justice.The government has been too complacent.However Mandela is a ... more
- Craig on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? @Ahmed, are we not all human beings first? And in saying that should we not treat all of our fellow human beings with ... more
- ricky on Gay marriage: seeking equality? Australia treats equal marriage just as they treated equality for aborigines.Its shamefull/ more
- ricky on Gay marriage: seeking equality? lets hope they do better than hetros who divorce and marry like there were no tommorrow and make a mockery of marriage more
- ricky on Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela When he was in prison i protested outside south africa house in London.GREAT MAN.All politicians should learn from him.RIP ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Lingerie football: is it sexist? I may become a convert to league if my wife lets me!I'm not into watching men play with each other. more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? @ ahmed, are you are part of the misinformation society, haven't you been listening to the court reports on the radio about ... more
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
Vanstone: stop offering residency
Former Immigration Minister Amanda Vanstone says the Gillard Government's Malaysia Solution is a waste of time.
The Government is using the latest asylum seeker drownings to try pressure the opposition into supporting the policy.
Divisions are emerging within Opposition ranks with a number of MPs calling on Tony Abbott to agree to Malaysia.
Amanda Vanstone tells Stuart Bocking only stopping the offer of permanent residency to asylum seekers will halt the flow of boats.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
and stop the $40,000 average appeal legal costs for each individual, that they get free. + free dental, doctors, internet, ciggies etc etc. Or at least offer the same to our aussie homeless.Johannes Wednesday 27 June, 2012 - 7:26 AM
this gov has no determination to solve immigration issue, I reported an immigration fraud to the minister and their dod-in service, no action at all. Let those people misuse medicare and benefit.Joe Tuesday 26 June, 2012 - 9:42 PM
it's all Gillards fault!Wise Man Steve Tuesday 26 June, 2012 - 1:34 PM
How about we even up the refugees by getting some of those persicuted christians here?
Yeah right, so we bring into the country the very people who are persicuting christians in Indonesia and Malaysia. Bringing the problem here is not the answer. Let them fight it out in their own country and leave Australia to the Australians.Peter Tuesday 26 June, 2012 - 12:36 PM
Of course she`s right Stuart.
How about we even up the refugees by getting some of those persicuted christians here.Johannes Tuesday 26 June, 2012 - 10:15 AM
Amanda is spot on. Why are the Labor/Greens so devoid of this sort of common sense and logic? Any fool can see that the Malaysian solution at best is spurious and unworkable, and has issues with human rights and legality. Sarah Hanson Young keeps bleating on about "onshore processing" which only attracts more boats. How in hell is that a solution? Either she takes us all for fools or she's the fool. Just like Robert's blog, all these left-wing ideologues seem to do is blame and abuse those who don't agree with their irrational and obtuse dogma.Jimmy Tuesday 26 June, 2012 - 10:00 AM