- Fun police end muck up day?
- Counter-Terror raids across Sydney
- Cash transfer company questioned
- Should we ban local ISIS flag sales?
- How safe are generic brand meals?
- Anger at ABC Digger massacre claim
- Bill shock on mobile internet data
- Emotional eulogy at funeral
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
Video Blog: Australia too afraid to send a message on boat people?
Jason Morrison reveals asylum seekers rescued by a merchant vessel are said to have made threats of violence to the ship's captain when told they'd be dropped off in Singapore not on Christmas Island.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Coalition says asylum seekers who threaten violence when beign rescued should face criminal charges.
It's claimed a group of 67 men forced a merchant vessel which had rescued them on Tuesday to divert from Singapore to Christmas Island.
Shadow Immigration Minister Scott Morrison has labelled it an act of piracy.
The Coalition says there should have been a stronger response to an incident on board a merchant vessel, involving a group of aggressive asylum seekers.
It’s claimed the 67 Pakistani men forced the captain of the MV Parsival to change course from Singapore to Christmas Island.
No charges have been laid.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says Labor should have followed the lead of the previous coalition government during the Tampa crisis.
Some topics are too hot to talk about? Jason Morrison asks if we are going too soft to confront issues. A shooting during Ramadan celebrations and soccer brawls prove there are problems that need addressing.
Laws allowing detention centres to reopen on Nauru are expected to pass parliament as soon as today. Jason Morrison questions when we will be ready to send people to Nauru to begin off shore processing.
How come over 90% of illegal entry boat immigrants deliberately throw overboard their identifying passports and call recording, tracking mobile phones, straight after their $15K boat leaves Indonesia for Australia?? After all of this, how can they still be "deemed asylum seekers" in Australia?? I would think there is absolutely no need to throw overboard passports and mobile phones, if you were a genuine asylum seeker!! Why does the Labor government allow this to go on??? I suggest that they be sent back to Indonesia, their last departure point, who could argue with that?Cate B. Monday 20 August, 2012 - 3:53 PM
We have the problem now because the government have let so many of these people come to our country this way.
They are flocking from india now, you know why? all the ones that are here are telling how easy it is to stick it up the australians and just come over, you wont get shot or in any trouble.
There is NO reason for them not to come.So be ready for more & more. Australia is changing for the worst i think.willow Sunday 19 August, 2012 - 7:19 PM
Why doesn't our emergency response Army, air-drop tents, hoochies, thunder boxes, non-halal 20 man ration packs, hexi lighters for cooking and army gerry cans for fresh water into Nauru tonight. I lived on the stuff for years, its good nutritional tucker, cooks in minutes. And of course no internet or phone cards to plot with!! Nauru would be operational by tomorrow and we must you deploy our army military police etc to secure the place, instead of mercenary, incompetent pommy Serco Security. Saving the taxpayers $billions and doing a proper job. No doubt the boats would quickly cease!! Furthermore a lot of Australians are now living in far worse conditions than that and they would be very happy and grateful to permanently live on an idilic fishing and swimming paradise at Nauru!CHANCE Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 5:20 PM
Once again these illegal country shoppers have been rewarded.How low is Australia going to sink?Lowmax Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 2:20 PM
Indonesia and indeed Afghanistan have no place to complain if gutless Australia returns all illegal boat people back to their departure point!
All immigrants, including queue jumpers are required to fill-out an application form first. Furthermore, there is no need for alleged refugees-country shoppers to come all the way to Australia, when safe haven India is very welcoming of all refugees, especially the wealthy ones paying $15K for rescue-boat rides to Australia. IMichelle Bell Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 1:53 PM
Hear! Hear! Jason.
This whole episode is a very
BAD joke! Gillard and her
cronies haven't a clue and
further more it is my belief
they want Nauru to fail and
will do their devious best
to ensure that this will happen. Why? Because that's
what Gillard wants and it's
her way of getting the Malaysian solution back on the table. You've got to give her top marks for the
way she operates - and that
is 'in the gutter'.
Prime Minister? she is an
insult to the title.belle of Tweed Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 1:49 PM