- Homelessness growing with women?
- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Video Blog: Australia too afraid to send a message on boat people?
Jason Morrison reveals asylum seekers rescued by a merchant vessel are said to have made threats of violence to the ship's captain when told they'd be dropped off in Singapore not on Christmas Island.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Coalition says asylum seekers who threaten violence when beign rescued should face criminal charges.
It's claimed a group of 67 men forced a merchant vessel which had rescued them on Tuesday to divert from Singapore to Christmas Island.
Shadow Immigration Minister Scott Morrison has labelled it an act of piracy.
The Coalition says there should have been a stronger response to an incident on board a merchant vessel, involving a group of aggressive asylum seekers.
It’s claimed the 67 Pakistani men forced the captain of the MV Parsival to change course from Singapore to Christmas Island.
No charges have been laid.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says Labor should have followed the lead of the previous coalition government during the Tampa crisis.
Some topics are too hot to talk about? Jason Morrison asks if we are going too soft to confront issues. A shooting during Ramadan celebrations and soccer brawls prove there are problems that need addressing.
Laws allowing detention centres to reopen on Nauru are expected to pass parliament as soon as today. Jason Morrison questions when we will be ready to send people to Nauru to begin off shore processing.
How come over 90% of illegal entry boat immigrants deliberately throw overboard their identifying passports and call recording, tracking mobile phones, straight after their $15K boat leaves Indonesia for Australia?? After all of this, how can they still be "deemed asylum seekers" in Australia?? I would think there is absolutely no need to throw overboard passports and mobile phones, if you were a genuine asylum seeker!! Why does the Labor government allow this to go on??? I suggest that they be sent back to Indonesia, their last departure point, who could argue with that?Cate B. Monday 20 August, 2012 - 3:53 PM
We have the problem now because the government have let so many of these people come to our country this way.
They are flocking from india now, you know why? all the ones that are here are telling how easy it is to stick it up the australians and just come over, you wont get shot or in any trouble.
There is NO reason for them not to come.So be ready for more & more. Australia is changing for the worst i think.willow Sunday 19 August, 2012 - 7:19 PM
Why doesn't our emergency response Army, air-drop tents, hoochies, thunder boxes, non-halal 20 man ration packs, hexi lighters for cooking and army gerry cans for fresh water into Nauru tonight. I lived on the stuff for years, its good nutritional tucker, cooks in minutes. And of course no internet or phone cards to plot with!! Nauru would be operational by tomorrow and we must you deploy our army military police etc to secure the place, instead of mercenary, incompetent pommy Serco Security. Saving the taxpayers $billions and doing a proper job. No doubt the boats would quickly cease!! Furthermore a lot of Australians are now living in far worse conditions than that and they would be very happy and grateful to permanently live on an idilic fishing and swimming paradise at Nauru!CHANCE Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 5:20 PM
Once again these illegal country shoppers have been rewarded.How low is Australia going to sink?Lowmax Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 2:20 PM
Indonesia and indeed Afghanistan have no place to complain if gutless Australia returns all illegal boat people back to their departure point!
All immigrants, including queue jumpers are required to fill-out an application form first. Furthermore, there is no need for alleged refugees-country shoppers to come all the way to Australia, when safe haven India is very welcoming of all refugees, especially the wealthy ones paying $15K for rescue-boat rides to Australia. IMichelle Bell Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 1:53 PM
Hear! Hear! Jason.
This whole episode is a very
BAD joke! Gillard and her
cronies haven't a clue and
further more it is my belief
they want Nauru to fail and
will do their devious best
to ensure that this will happen. Why? Because that's
what Gillard wants and it's
her way of getting the Malaysian solution back on the table. You've got to give her top marks for the
way she operates - and that
is 'in the gutter'.
Prime Minister? she is an
insult to the title.belle of Tweed Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 1:49 PM