- Council protest ships at White Bay
- Cowan appeals Morcombe confession
- Shorten plays co-payment all wrong?
- Phil Hughes: Ambo response queires
- Blacktown councilors going soft?
- $7 co-payment fee abandoned?
- The Whisper: Maccas for a drink?
- Driverless cars need to be assertive
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on $7 co-payment fee abandoned? That dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, "heavy lifting" U.N. 's big Joe Hockey and Mathias Corman are self-serving ... more
- Kylie Kelly on Baby found in Quakers Hill drain This will put the pro-abortionists into a frenzy. See how all life is precious, not just the politicians' lives, who ... more
- Julie on Halal certification funding terrorists? I used to shop at a Halal shop selling fruit, veg & meat in Canberra. This changed 2 months ago, when they started ... more
- Tony on Halal certification funding terrorists? Halal certification is one of the biggest con jobs out there at the moment. Think about it! Big companies and little ... more
- Craig on Can you trust a politician's promise? No you can't trust them,the mainstream parties are just 2 gangs that have their ideologies foremost in their minds. What ... more
- Glynn on Can you trust a politician's promise? An incoming government, no matter what promises were made during an election campaign has the authority and responsibility ... more
- Greg O on Can you trust a politician's promise? Politicians are just a product of the people. They want to get elected so in order to have a chance they have to say the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Can you trust a politician's promise? You can trust that dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, that "heavy lifting" big Joe Hockey, as far as you can throw him... more
- STEADY EDDIE... on Eddie Obeid set to face court Steady Eddie reckoned "Jesus told me to do it"? Well done eddie...I wonder whether mystic eddie will be sworn in on the Holy ... more
- Julie on Would you prefer to vote online In Canberra we already have electronic voting for ACT Elections. After allegations of electoral fraud in the last election, ... more
- Cleangirl on SBS want more commercials? SBS and the ABC should not be receiving any taxpayer funding till they stop the Left-wing, Political Correctness and ... more
- Craig on China free trade will raise prices All these "free" trade agreements do not always work in your favour. Going back to the original "Lima"document signed by the ... more
- EVEN MORE LIES... on China free trade will raise prices Wages are rapidly going up in china and imported chinese made goods are rising, already expensive here and millions of our ... more
- Cleangirl on $250m better spent on hospitals? If they can pay players extraordinary amounts of money, they can pay for the upgrade. Tax is for roads, hospitals, public ... more
- Kimber on Sydney brothers off to fight with IS IS are a pathetic disgrace to humanity, all they do is murder other Muslims and abduct and slaughter aid workers who carry ... more
- Robert on Free Trade: will we all benefit So called 'free trade' is a device to allow foreign multinationals to come into a country and consolidate power for the ... more
- Kimber on Qantas goes 70's retro on aircraft Love it, goes to show that some things can go back to the 'good old days'. :) more
- Tony on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Obama going about with his usual dog and pony show to a bunch of gullible morons. Obama is hated in his own country but ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Obama urges Australia to "step up" Prime Minister Tony Abbott should of informed the US President Barack Hussein Obama that the planet has been cooling for the ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Free Trade: will we all benefit Evidently, a select few at the top of the heap are greatly $benefiting from so called "free trade"? Australia used to be a ... more
Video Blog: Australia too afraid to send a message on boat people?
Jason Morrison reveals asylum seekers rescued by a merchant vessel are said to have made threats of violence to the ship's captain when told they'd be dropped off in Singapore not on Christmas Island.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The Coalition says asylum seekers who threaten violence when beign rescued should face criminal charges.
It's claimed a group of 67 men forced a merchant vessel which had rescued them on Tuesday to divert from Singapore to Christmas Island.
Shadow Immigration Minister Scott Morrison has labelled it an act of piracy.
The Coalition says there should have been a stronger response to an incident on board a merchant vessel, involving a group of aggressive asylum seekers.
It’s claimed the 67 Pakistani men forced the captain of the MV Parsival to change course from Singapore to Christmas Island.
No charges have been laid.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says Labor should have followed the lead of the previous coalition government during the Tampa crisis.
Some topics are too hot to talk about? Jason Morrison asks if we are going too soft to confront issues. A shooting during Ramadan celebrations and soccer brawls prove there are problems that need addressing.
Laws allowing detention centres to reopen on Nauru are expected to pass parliament as soon as today. Jason Morrison questions when we will be ready to send people to Nauru to begin off shore processing.
How come over 90% of illegal entry boat immigrants deliberately throw overboard their identifying passports and call recording, tracking mobile phones, straight after their $15K boat leaves Indonesia for Australia?? After all of this, how can they still be "deemed asylum seekers" in Australia?? I would think there is absolutely no need to throw overboard passports and mobile phones, if you were a genuine asylum seeker!! Why does the Labor government allow this to go on??? I suggest that they be sent back to Indonesia, their last departure point, who could argue with that?Cate B. Monday 20 August, 2012 - 3:53 PM
We have the problem now because the government have let so many of these people come to our country this way.
They are flocking from india now, you know why? all the ones that are here are telling how easy it is to stick it up the australians and just come over, you wont get shot or in any trouble.
There is NO reason for them not to come.So be ready for more & more. Australia is changing for the worst i think.willow Sunday 19 August, 2012 - 7:19 PM
Why doesn't our emergency response Army, air-drop tents, hoochies, thunder boxes, non-halal 20 man ration packs, hexi lighters for cooking and army gerry cans for fresh water into Nauru tonight. I lived on the stuff for years, its good nutritional tucker, cooks in minutes. And of course no internet or phone cards to plot with!! Nauru would be operational by tomorrow and we must you deploy our army military police etc to secure the place, instead of mercenary, incompetent pommy Serco Security. Saving the taxpayers $billions and doing a proper job. No doubt the boats would quickly cease!! Furthermore a lot of Australians are now living in far worse conditions than that and they would be very happy and grateful to permanently live on an idilic fishing and swimming paradise at Nauru!CHANCE Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 5:20 PM
Once again these illegal country shoppers have been rewarded.How low is Australia going to sink?Lowmax Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 2:20 PM
Indonesia and indeed Afghanistan have no place to complain if gutless Australia returns all illegal boat people back to their departure point!
All immigrants, including queue jumpers are required to fill-out an application form first. Furthermore, there is no need for alleged refugees-country shoppers to come all the way to Australia, when safe haven India is very welcoming of all refugees, especially the wealthy ones paying $15K for rescue-boat rides to Australia. IMichelle Bell Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 1:53 PM
Hear! Hear! Jason.
This whole episode is a very
BAD joke! Gillard and her
cronies haven't a clue and
further more it is my belief
they want Nauru to fail and
will do their devious best
to ensure that this will happen. Why? Because that's
what Gillard wants and it's
her way of getting the Malaysian solution back on the table. You've got to give her top marks for the
way she operates - and that
is 'in the gutter'.
Prime Minister? she is an
insult to the title.belle of Tweed Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 1:49 PM