- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Xenophon to set up political party
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Visas for Afghan interpreters wanted?
Paul Murray speaks with Australian Greens senator Sarah Hanson-Young on her bill to create a special humanitarian visa for Afghan interpreters who worked for coalition forces to immigrate to Australia.
The program would provide eligible families the costs of applying for the visa, transport to Australia, settlement, health, education, employment assistance and temporary income support.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The United States has called on Egypt, Turkey and European powers to press Hamas to end bloodshed in Gaza, putting the onus on the Islamist movement to end rocket attacks on Israel.
How do you stop bullying at school? As much as we talk about it, what actions can be taken to stop bullying. Jason Morrison with expert Brett Murray and the tips you need to know if your child is being bullied at school.
Far be it from me to agree with something suggested by the ratbag Greens; but I feel this idea has merit. Subject to appropriate and realistic qualification standards and proper checks that the applicants have, in fact, worked for us; I believe they should be given preferential refugee status, but on the condition that if they are found to (in the performance of their work in Australia) give misleading translations regarding other applicants' statements; they should be subject to status review (ie. possible cancellation). They will be targetted in their home country, and possibly anywhere in the region. They have worked for us, so we should give them a go.David T. Monday 19 November, 2012 - 5:17 PM
Hey they were paid to do the job! They knew the risks!
No sympathy here!Peter Monday 19 November, 2012 - 12:53 PM
Another very big mistake! That we will be sorry for.Steve Smith Monday 19 November, 2012 - 10:33 AM
That's really good news, I worked for coalition forces from 2006 to Oct. 20. During this time, I have faced death many times and my family has been harassed many times. Finally after survivig TALIBAN attack I left Afghanistan and I came to Indonesia to go to Australia. On August 27th we began sailing but unfortunately the next day our boat sunk that carried around 160 people out of whom only 54 were rescued and most of us were rescued by Australian battleship leter handed over to Indonesian Police. Now I am in Tanjungpinang detention center with uncertain future leaving my family behind without any supporter. If the mentioned program is approved hundreads of interpreters and their families will not end up in a situation like mine. I believe not only Australia other countries should as well take such initiatives under consideration so that many lives are saved from possible TALIBAN persecution.Mohammad Reza Hussaini Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 1:54 PM
Yes let them but only if they denounce Islam!Bikinis not Burkas Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 3:34 AM