- The lone wolf: who is watching?
- McSchools for fast food education
- Rabbi's response to Greens Grinch
- Creep filming bums on beaches
- Canadian attack Canberra wake-up
- Horrific scenes of animal cruelty
- Love a garage sale bargain?
- Pyrmont bridge shared path dangers
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Greens Grinch against Christmas Another stupid Green moron steps up to the PC plate and tries to force his brand of nonsensical clap trap down everybodys ... more
- Judyth Kelly on Greens Grinch against Christmas Dear Stuart,The alderman is hiding behind his atheist beliefs and inferring the complaints are coming from either the Jewish ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? And our weak, obfuscating Liberal Prime Minister Tony Abbott does not want to ban the burqa, like sensible France? Dear oh ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Canberra faces similar Ottawa threat? Lets get the "sorry" Labor/Greens party to take charge of our national security!! more
- Tejas on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Well said Justin. Very passionate. Clearly it seems the government has put pressure on the AFP here. Basically so as to not ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Aussie jihadist signs death warrant? What do you really expect now with undisciplined young teenagers behaving like gangsters on our very own lawless streets. ... more
- SMILING CAPTAIN EMAD.. on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Hardly surprising is it! What do you really expect, when our fearless untouchables the Australian Federal Police sat there ... more
- Tejas on Equip police with video cameras Actually I am personally not surprised the civil libertarians are supporting it. We all know about police brutality. They ... more
- Cleangirl on Why has Balibo 5 inquiry stopped? Political Correctness does not allow questioning Islamic nations or their practices. more
- James W on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets I took the advice. I didn't love Woolworths one day and so I left. Went to Aldi. i've been back to Woolies since, the T ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Truck crash at traffic hotspot I wish various authorities and media would stop calling these smashes involving trucks as 'accidents'. In almost every case ... more
- Tony on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM What a Tool!Lets hope one of the first things the SAS do in Iraq is to make this idiots day! more
- Realistic on The Whisper: Waste at Tafe Surprise surprise, long ago, thirty years back the Liberal NSW Education Minister Terry Metherell rightly said that TAFE was ... more
- ETERNITY... on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam Well Australia can thank Gough Whitlam and Al Grassby and indeed the Labor party for so called multicultural Sydney. more
- Laura on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Truck crash at traffic hotspot Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
Visas for Afghan interpreters wanted?
Paul Murray speaks with Australian Greens senator Sarah Hanson-Young on her bill to create a special humanitarian visa for Afghan interpreters who worked for coalition forces to immigrate to Australia.
The program would provide eligible families the costs of applying for the visa, transport to Australia, settlement, health, education, employment assistance and temporary income support.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The United States has called on Egypt, Turkey and European powers to press Hamas to end bloodshed in Gaza, putting the onus on the Islamist movement to end rocket attacks on Israel.
How do you stop bullying at school? As much as we talk about it, what actions can be taken to stop bullying. Jason Morrison with expert Brett Murray and the tips you need to know if your child is being bullied at school.
Far be it from me to agree with something suggested by the ratbag Greens; but I feel this idea has merit. Subject to appropriate and realistic qualification standards and proper checks that the applicants have, in fact, worked for us; I believe they should be given preferential refugee status, but on the condition that if they are found to (in the performance of their work in Australia) give misleading translations regarding other applicants' statements; they should be subject to status review (ie. possible cancellation). They will be targetted in their home country, and possibly anywhere in the region. They have worked for us, so we should give them a go.David T. Monday 19 November, 2012 - 5:17 PM
Hey they were paid to do the job! They knew the risks!
No sympathy here!Peter Monday 19 November, 2012 - 12:53 PM
Another very big mistake! That we will be sorry for.Steve Smith Monday 19 November, 2012 - 10:33 AM
That's really good news, I worked for coalition forces from 2006 to Oct. 20. During this time, I have faced death many times and my family has been harassed many times. Finally after survivig TALIBAN attack I left Afghanistan and I came to Indonesia to go to Australia. On August 27th we began sailing but unfortunately the next day our boat sunk that carried around 160 people out of whom only 54 were rescued and most of us were rescued by Australian battleship leter handed over to Indonesian Police. Now I am in Tanjungpinang detention center with uncertain future leaving my family behind without any supporter. If the mentioned program is approved hundreads of interpreters and their families will not end up in a situation like mine. I believe not only Australia other countries should as well take such initiatives under consideration so that many lives are saved from possible TALIBAN persecution.Mohammad Reza Hussaini Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 1:54 PM
Yes let them but only if they denounce Islam!Bikinis not Burkas Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 3:34 AM