- It's Time: Heralded era of new politics
- Anger at teen jihadist's threats
- Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM
- The Whisper: Waste at Tafe
- Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough
- Gough Whitlam: a giant of our time
- Time to help out Ebola regions?
- Too young for homework?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Laura on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Shocking, and thoughts go out to those personally affected; speedy recovery all. But let's have a proper (timely ... more
- Yusuf on Aussie Jihadist's threat to PM Brain washed idiots. Lock them up and leave them there for life. more
- yusuf on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A man of real substance. My condolences to his family. more
- Yusuf on The Whisper: where burqa ban began Australia has its own values and freedoms and does not have to follow other countries. There are also examples of other ... more
- TEN FOUR... on Accident hotspot: northern beaches Our shabby roads are dangerously congested with heavy trucks in a big hurry and they take little care, whizzing in and out ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Malcolm Fraser's tribute to Gough These lavish perpetual prime minister's pensions are a bit of alright! And then a huge budget State Funeral with a ... more
- PEACEFUL ISLAM? on The Whisper: where burqa ban began France saw fit to ban the burqa but "sorry" Australia did not? more
- Raumann Gagnon on Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam A great leader , a warm friend . Always honest in what he did and said . Faithful to his beliefs and ideas . He shall be ... more
- REALISTIC on Drivers not tested for cocaine use? Well that explains all of the constant madness and road rage etc going on in our streets...so what are our invisible 'police ... more
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
Visas for Afghan interpreters wanted?
Paul Murray speaks with Australian Greens senator Sarah Hanson-Young on her bill to create a special humanitarian visa for Afghan interpreters who worked for coalition forces to immigrate to Australia.
The program would provide eligible families the costs of applying for the visa, transport to Australia, settlement, health, education, employment assistance and temporary income support.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The United States has called on Egypt, Turkey and European powers to press Hamas to end bloodshed in Gaza, putting the onus on the Islamist movement to end rocket attacks on Israel.
How do you stop bullying at school? As much as we talk about it, what actions can be taken to stop bullying. Jason Morrison with expert Brett Murray and the tips you need to know if your child is being bullied at school.
Far be it from me to agree with something suggested by the ratbag Greens; but I feel this idea has merit. Subject to appropriate and realistic qualification standards and proper checks that the applicants have, in fact, worked for us; I believe they should be given preferential refugee status, but on the condition that if they are found to (in the performance of their work in Australia) give misleading translations regarding other applicants' statements; they should be subject to status review (ie. possible cancellation). They will be targetted in their home country, and possibly anywhere in the region. They have worked for us, so we should give them a go.David T. Monday 19 November, 2012 - 5:17 PM
Hey they were paid to do the job! They knew the risks!
No sympathy here!Peter Monday 19 November, 2012 - 12:53 PM
Another very big mistake! That we will be sorry for.Steve Smith Monday 19 November, 2012 - 10:33 AM
That's really good news, I worked for coalition forces from 2006 to Oct. 20. During this time, I have faced death many times and my family has been harassed many times. Finally after survivig TALIBAN attack I left Afghanistan and I came to Indonesia to go to Australia. On August 27th we began sailing but unfortunately the next day our boat sunk that carried around 160 people out of whom only 54 were rescued and most of us were rescued by Australian battleship leter handed over to Indonesian Police. Now I am in Tanjungpinang detention center with uncertain future leaving my family behind without any supporter. If the mentioned program is approved hundreads of interpreters and their families will not end up in a situation like mine. I believe not only Australia other countries should as well take such initiatives under consideration so that many lives are saved from possible TALIBAN persecution.Mohammad Reza Hussaini Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 1:54 PM
Yes let them but only if they denounce Islam!Bikinis not Burkas Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 3:34 AM