- Fancy a bit of Camel Polo in Dubai?
- Aussie expat just loves life in Dubai
- Tim Webster talks about Dubai Tourism
- Disabled parking demerit points
- Phillip Hughes: Greg Matthews Tribute
- Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute!
- AIRA gossip from Richard Wilkins
- Council protest ships at White Bay
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- md nurul amin on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! pathetic news for me and shocked at the dawn demise of HUGE. CA lost a legend' tribute to him more
- Paul Carter on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My condolences to Phillip Hughes Family, Friends and the Cricket Fraternity after his tragic death yesterday. more
- Yvonne Holmes on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My deepest sympathy to Phillip Hughes' family at this tragic time. I have joined thousands of others in crying for your ... more
- Mohammed Salim on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! In Memory of Philip HughesCricket is not just a game but a family. We are all brothers ; surpassing borders and nations. We ... more
- Dr Wajdi Hadi on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My Condolences to family and to all Australia,May God give patience to his family and friends.I suggets to gather support to ... more
- kathleen, richard, ryan & blake on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! We have followed your journey and with sadness, we along with your family and friends mourn the loss of a talented player ... more
- Colin on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! A very very sad day for the world of cricket. So sorry for Phillip Hughes and his family. RIP PhilSpare a thought for Sean ... more
- sada siwan on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! have not met him, but there are some cricketers whom I just like and Phil is one of them. may god be with you and rest in ... more
- Trevor Lord on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Deeply saddened as an ex East St resident. Knew his mum casually at Macksville RSL.his uncle cut my 90 year old parents ... more
- Ross & Sylvia Tollow on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! We express our deepest sympathy to all the Hughes family, may your son and brother rest in peace. Our thoughts are also with ... more
- Tejas on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! My best wishes to the family. He passed playing the game he loved. He reminds us how precious life is. Please let his death ... more
- Sylvia Krupenin & Nina Ersh on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! RIP Phillip Hughes,Deepest condolences to his family, friends and his team mates. My prayers and thoughts are with you at ... more
- YESHUA.. on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! God have mercy on Phil's soul, merciful Jesus have mercy on Phil and I hope and pray that Phil is in the Book of ... more
- Muhammad Sheraz on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Deeply saddened to hear about PHIL Hughes passes away, don't have words to say, it left me in tears , my sympathy and ... more
- edmund hunt on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! I;am just gutted for his family and the whole cricket community which is a massive part of aust sport- he walked my son ... more
- Matt on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Phillip was a great player. An all round good bloke. He will be missed. Rest In Peace mate. more
- Robyn Hanna on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! I was at the Sydney Cricket Ground in the M.A Noble stand as was his Mum and Dad taking the video of the 100 runs that he ... more
- sangamesha on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! Philip Hughes RIP,I am so sad. more
- Will on Phillip Hughes: Leave your tribute! RIP Phil HughesIf the first test still goes ahead Phil Hughes should still be named and Australia should take the field with ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on $7 co-payment fee abandoned? That dancing, cigar smoking, treasurer, "heavy lifting" U.N. 's big Joe Hockey and Mathias Corman are self-serving ... more
Visas for Afghan interpreters wanted?
Paul Murray speaks with Australian Greens senator Sarah Hanson-Young on her bill to create a special humanitarian visa for Afghan interpreters who worked for coalition forces to immigrate to Australia.
The program would provide eligible families the costs of applying for the visa, transport to Australia, settlement, health, education, employment assistance and temporary income support.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The United States has called on Egypt, Turkey and European powers to press Hamas to end bloodshed in Gaza, putting the onus on the Islamist movement to end rocket attacks on Israel.
How do you stop bullying at school? As much as we talk about it, what actions can be taken to stop bullying. Jason Morrison with expert Brett Murray and the tips you need to know if your child is being bullied at school.
Far be it from me to agree with something suggested by the ratbag Greens; but I feel this idea has merit. Subject to appropriate and realistic qualification standards and proper checks that the applicants have, in fact, worked for us; I believe they should be given preferential refugee status, but on the condition that if they are found to (in the performance of their work in Australia) give misleading translations regarding other applicants' statements; they should be subject to status review (ie. possible cancellation). They will be targetted in their home country, and possibly anywhere in the region. They have worked for us, so we should give them a go.David T. Monday 19 November, 2012 - 5:17 PM
Hey they were paid to do the job! They knew the risks!
No sympathy here!Peter Monday 19 November, 2012 - 12:53 PM
Another very big mistake! That we will be sorry for.Steve Smith Monday 19 November, 2012 - 10:33 AM
That's really good news, I worked for coalition forces from 2006 to Oct. 20. During this time, I have faced death many times and my family has been harassed many times. Finally after survivig TALIBAN attack I left Afghanistan and I came to Indonesia to go to Australia. On August 27th we began sailing but unfortunately the next day our boat sunk that carried around 160 people out of whom only 54 were rescued and most of us were rescued by Australian battleship leter handed over to Indonesian Police. Now I am in Tanjungpinang detention center with uncertain future leaving my family behind without any supporter. If the mentioned program is approved hundreads of interpreters and their families will not end up in a situation like mine. I believe not only Australia other countries should as well take such initiatives under consideration so that many lives are saved from possible TALIBAN persecution.Mohammad Reza Hussaini Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 1:54 PM
Yes let them but only if they denounce Islam!Bikinis not Burkas Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 3:34 AM