- State's top silk before the ICAC
- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Voter dissatisfaction with Liberals?
Is Tony Abbott in a spot of bother with recent polls showing Julia Gillard powering ahead as preferred PM? Jason Morrison asks if it is time for Liberals to look inward and ask of themselves, is the problem us?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Despite the fact the Coalition remains in front after preferences, Labor's primary vote is the best it's been since the 2010 election. Jason Morrison with the CEO of Newspoll Martin O’Shannessy on the results.
Although much of the focus with poll results has focused on Labor's woes recently, what do the current polls mean for the Liberal Party leading into the election year? Jason Morrison with Chris Kenny of The Australian on why the Liberals are looking shaky.
Is PMS real or an excuse for bad behaviour? Jason Morrison dares take on that very taboo topic for fellas to talk about, seeks out your views, and the results of recent scientific research with Dr Sally Cockburn.
Bill Woods with Jason Morrison says we may be investigating child abuse, but why not confront with children their lack of respect and hold ourselves accountable for the most important job in the world, parenting.
@Peter. List the Rudd/Gillard failures son, plus the proven lies and variously deceitfulness and the disgraceful waste of public moneys et al and you will see why she and her motley team of knuckleheads will be deservedly booted come the election. It can't come soon enough either!Samuel Monday 21 January, 2013 - 1:00 PM
Peter, why don't you come straight out with it and call him "Tony The Terrific". You seem to be having a little bromance there, old son.Maureen Lee Friday 18 January, 2013 - 3:36 PM
@Peter you are deluded,a $250 billion dollar credit card is ok with you? with The option of it going further when Swan "sneaks" it in the budget.Comparing us with other countries does not mean anything AAA or not. It is the ability to pay that debt back and as we do not have a really big workforce I would say that is a worry.Ahh I can smell Carbon Tax MK2 in the air.Craig Thursday 17 January, 2013 - 10:20 PM
Yep Labors failures
+ BER saves $1 billion a fortnight in unemployment
+ Govt deficit is 3.4% of GDP and compares to deficits of over 10 per cent of GDP in the US and UK
+ Lowest net government debt of all AAA rated economies
+ 63 New regional cancer centres
+ 850,000 fulltime jobs in 4 years
+ Unemployment half the world average
+ Lowest interest rates in 60 years
+ iiNet predicts 27% cost drop on NBN
+ Infrastructure budget tripled
+ Doubled funding to Health
+ Doctor training places doubled
+ Double funding to Education
+ $2.2 billion mental health package.
+ Increase in Family Tax Benefit (FTB) an additional $4,200 a year for each eligible teenager that stays in school
+ Banning mortgage exit fees on new loans.
+ Construction of Solar Dawn renewable energy facility with billions of commercial investment.
+ The Atlantic magazine named Gillard as one of its â??2011 brave thinkersâ?? for her resolute strength in pushing through a carbon tax
+ Wayne Swann named as World Finance Minister of the year
+ The Credit Suisse 2011 Global Wealth report revealed that Australiaâ??s median wealth is the highest in the world at US $220,000
+ Trade Surplus â?? the biggest surplus in raw terms for the past 40 years of records compiled by the ABS
+ The number of people filling for bankruptcy in Australia has fallen by 16%
+ business investment spending is expected to grow by 15 per cent this year and another 15 per cent next year. â?? Ross Gittin
+ Only time in Australian history we have AAA credit rating from all three Global Credit Agencies.
+ Proposes conscience vote on same sex marriages
and of course the lowering of the tax threshold for workers who earn less then $80,000.
ta ta Tony, the rise of Labor continuesPeter Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 3:47 PM
Melissa & I that we are waiting for Abbott to becomes Prime Minister and to see Gillard and her Goverment goneJASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULLY VICTORIA Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 10:39 AM
Abbott has a choice. He can either have his spin dept. stoop to the abysmal levels of Gillard's; or keep his and the Public's respect by retaining conventional and ethical techniques. I know I prefer the latter.David T. Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 10:13 AM