- Mike Baird now 44th NSW Premier
- Gary O'Callaghan on Talk Back Radio
- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O’Farrell the man
- Mike Baird set to become Premier
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
Voter dissatisfaction with Liberals?
Is Tony Abbott in a spot of bother with recent polls showing Julia Gillard powering ahead as preferred PM? Jason Morrison asks if it is time for Liberals to look inward and ask of themselves, is the problem us?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Despite the fact the Coalition remains in front after preferences, Labor's primary vote is the best it's been since the 2010 election. Jason Morrison with the CEO of Newspoll Martin O’Shannessy on the results.
Although much of the focus with poll results has focused on Labor's woes recently, what do the current polls mean for the Liberal Party leading into the election year? Jason Morrison with Chris Kenny of The Australian on why the Liberals are looking shaky.
Is PMS real or an excuse for bad behaviour? Jason Morrison dares take on that very taboo topic for fellas to talk about, seeks out your views, and the results of recent scientific research with Dr Sally Cockburn.
Bill Woods with Jason Morrison says we may be investigating child abuse, but why not confront with children their lack of respect and hold ourselves accountable for the most important job in the world, parenting.
@Peter. List the Rudd/Gillard failures son, plus the proven lies and variously deceitfulness and the disgraceful waste of public moneys et al and you will see why she and her motley team of knuckleheads will be deservedly booted come the election. It can't come soon enough either!Samuel Monday 21 January, 2013 - 1:00 PM
Peter, why don't you come straight out with it and call him "Tony The Terrific". You seem to be having a little bromance there, old son.Maureen Lee Friday 18 January, 2013 - 3:36 PM
@Peter you are deluded,a $250 billion dollar credit card is ok with you? with The option of it going further when Swan "sneaks" it in the budget.Comparing us with other countries does not mean anything AAA or not. It is the ability to pay that debt back and as we do not have a really big workforce I would say that is a worry.Ahh I can smell Carbon Tax MK2 in the air.Craig Thursday 17 January, 2013 - 10:20 PM
Yep Labors failures
+ BER saves $1 billion a fortnight in unemployment
+ Govt deficit is 3.4% of GDP and compares to deficits of over 10 per cent of GDP in the US and UK
+ Lowest net government debt of all AAA rated economies
+ 63 New regional cancer centres
+ 850,000 fulltime jobs in 4 years
+ Unemployment half the world average
+ Lowest interest rates in 60 years
+ iiNet predicts 27% cost drop on NBN
+ Infrastructure budget tripled
+ Doubled funding to Health
+ Doctor training places doubled
+ Double funding to Education
+ $2.2 billion mental health package.
+ Increase in Family Tax Benefit (FTB) an additional $4,200 a year for each eligible teenager that stays in school
+ Banning mortgage exit fees on new loans.
+ Construction of Solar Dawn renewable energy facility with billions of commercial investment.
+ The Atlantic magazine named Gillard as one of its â??2011 brave thinkersâ?? for her resolute strength in pushing through a carbon tax
+ Wayne Swann named as World Finance Minister of the year
+ The Credit Suisse 2011 Global Wealth report revealed that Australiaâ??s median wealth is the highest in the world at US $220,000
+ Trade Surplus â?? the biggest surplus in raw terms for the past 40 years of records compiled by the ABS
+ The number of people filling for bankruptcy in Australia has fallen by 16%
+ business investment spending is expected to grow by 15 per cent this year and another 15 per cent next year. â?? Ross Gittin
+ Only time in Australian history we have AAA credit rating from all three Global Credit Agencies.
+ Proposes conscience vote on same sex marriages
and of course the lowering of the tax threshold for workers who earn less then $80,000.
ta ta Tony, the rise of Labor continuesPeter Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 3:47 PM
Melissa & I that we are waiting for Abbott to becomes Prime Minister and to see Gillard and her Goverment goneJASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULLY VICTORIA Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 10:39 AM
Abbott has a choice. He can either have his spin dept. stoop to the abysmal levels of Gillard's; or keep his and the Public's respect by retaining conventional and ethical techniques. I know I prefer the latter.David T. Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 10:13 AM