- Claims of retaliation in Sydney traffic
- Do we need seats for indigenous MPs
- Revealed: Operation Pendennis
- Overcoming fear in our suburbs
- Sydney's Favourite Teacher 2014
- Council sister city costs questioned
- 12 secrets to a happy marriage
- New phase in fight on terror
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
Voter dissatisfaction with Liberals?
Is Tony Abbott in a spot of bother with recent polls showing Julia Gillard powering ahead as preferred PM? Jason Morrison asks if it is time for Liberals to look inward and ask of themselves, is the problem us?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Despite the fact the Coalition remains in front after preferences, Labor's primary vote is the best it's been since the 2010 election. Jason Morrison with the CEO of Newspoll Martin O’Shannessy on the results.
Although much of the focus with poll results has focused on Labor's woes recently, what do the current polls mean for the Liberal Party leading into the election year? Jason Morrison with Chris Kenny of The Australian on why the Liberals are looking shaky.
Is PMS real or an excuse for bad behaviour? Jason Morrison dares take on that very taboo topic for fellas to talk about, seeks out your views, and the results of recent scientific research with Dr Sally Cockburn.
Bill Woods with Jason Morrison says we may be investigating child abuse, but why not confront with children their lack of respect and hold ourselves accountable for the most important job in the world, parenting.
@Peter. List the Rudd/Gillard failures son, plus the proven lies and variously deceitfulness and the disgraceful waste of public moneys et al and you will see why she and her motley team of knuckleheads will be deservedly booted come the election. It can't come soon enough either!Samuel Monday 21 January, 2013 - 1:00 PM
Peter, why don't you come straight out with it and call him "Tony The Terrific". You seem to be having a little bromance there, old son.Maureen Lee Friday 18 January, 2013 - 3:36 PM
@Peter you are deluded,a $250 billion dollar credit card is ok with you? with The option of it going further when Swan "sneaks" it in the budget.Comparing us with other countries does not mean anything AAA or not. It is the ability to pay that debt back and as we do not have a really big workforce I would say that is a worry.Ahh I can smell Carbon Tax MK2 in the air.Craig Thursday 17 January, 2013 - 10:20 PM
Yep Labors failures
+ BER saves $1 billion a fortnight in unemployment
+ Govt deficit is 3.4% of GDP and compares to deficits of over 10 per cent of GDP in the US and UK
+ Lowest net government debt of all AAA rated economies
+ 63 New regional cancer centres
+ 850,000 fulltime jobs in 4 years
+ Unemployment half the world average
+ Lowest interest rates in 60 years
+ iiNet predicts 27% cost drop on NBN
+ Infrastructure budget tripled
+ Doubled funding to Health
+ Doctor training places doubled
+ Double funding to Education
+ $2.2 billion mental health package.
+ Increase in Family Tax Benefit (FTB) an additional $4,200 a year for each eligible teenager that stays in school
+ Banning mortgage exit fees on new loans.
+ Construction of Solar Dawn renewable energy facility with billions of commercial investment.
+ The Atlantic magazine named Gillard as one of its â??2011 brave thinkersâ?? for her resolute strength in pushing through a carbon tax
+ Wayne Swann named as World Finance Minister of the year
+ The Credit Suisse 2011 Global Wealth report revealed that Australiaâ??s median wealth is the highest in the world at US $220,000
+ Trade Surplus â?? the biggest surplus in raw terms for the past 40 years of records compiled by the ABS
+ The number of people filling for bankruptcy in Australia has fallen by 16%
+ business investment spending is expected to grow by 15 per cent this year and another 15 per cent next year. â?? Ross Gittin
+ Only time in Australian history we have AAA credit rating from all three Global Credit Agencies.
+ Proposes conscience vote on same sex marriages
and of course the lowering of the tax threshold for workers who earn less then $80,000.
ta ta Tony, the rise of Labor continuesPeter Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 3:47 PM
Melissa & I that we are waiting for Abbott to becomes Prime Minister and to see Gillard and her Goverment goneJASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULLY VICTORIA Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 10:39 AM
Abbott has a choice. He can either have his spin dept. stoop to the abysmal levels of Gillard's; or keep his and the Public's respect by retaining conventional and ethical techniques. I know I prefer the latter.David T. Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 10:13 AM