- Sydney jihadi threatens attack
- Clive Palmer calls for elections
- Our biggest fear is public speaking
- The Whisper: Gay Bushrangers?
- 20-years for violent toddler murder
- Alcohol abuse: the wake-up call
- Greens Senator denies asylum stirring
- Ray 'Rabbits' Warren: The Voice
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on A Fair Go for Seniors - Forum United you stand, divided you fall. Sounds a little like a song. About time Seniors formed a Union. What a formidable force ... more
- Gary on No place to top up Opal cards? I've had a Opal card for months, fantastic, best thing ever for public transport. I ordered it online, it arrived in the ... more
- James on Veggie garden for Pyrmont Bridge? Typical. Despite the inordinate number of junkets to places like Japan where they have rules to manage crowds which everyone ... more
- NOT SURPRISED... on Moree shooting: tension in the bush In my dealings with some very arrogant government departments, they can be quite rude and show little tact, often they make ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Warning on home grown terror But hang on a minute islam is such a bloody "peaceful religion" so what is Attorney-General George Brandis so damned ... more
- Greg O on Sydney facing homeless challenge New public housing estates look very impressive but there is never enough of them. It seems to be a case of we either give ... more
- James W on Parliament House $800 doorknob? Yeah, they must be punished for leaving us with a 3 X AAA rated economy and continuing on the 20 odd years of unbroken ... more
- Angela Coombes on Parliament House $800 doorknob? What about the framed portraits of Gillard and Rudd within the National Parliament - I would prefer just blank frames ... more
- Samuel J James on Work for Dole rules far too strict? @Sloppy Joe Hokey - you are 1000% correct. Simply put, it is government of the money, by the money for the money indeed! Of ... more
- Samuel J on PMs frustration over access to MH17 The ex KGB thug, presently the so called President of Russia has been as helpful regarding the recovery of the bodies of the ... more
- Terrence on Work for the dole doesn't work They ought to get Abbott do 40 applications and see what it is like. This guy has no clue how to run the government and ... more
- Terrence on PM discusses the issues on 2UE Abbott is trying his best to milk this so his unpopular budget and his lies and deceit do not stay in the headlines. It does ... more
- ahmed on No place to top up Opal cards? Typical third world Sydney transport solution.Why didnt they think of the opal card years ago and iron out problems before ... more
- alfredo on What to call the new CBD sculpture? Clover Moore and Alex Greenwich are the type of pollies this country really needs!! more
- paulo on Sydney facing homeless challenge Housing should be a human right.The government should make rules that require building companies to build cheap housing ... more
- Cleangirl on Sydney Art: what do you think? Much too much money, and I thought Art was something to appreciate, something not just anyone can do and something clever. more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? As for FTA's, the fact is Australia is a net exporter to the countries that we have an FTA with. So we sell more than we ... more
- Gary on Work for Dole rules far too strict? Pick on the rich tax dodgers.Unfortunately the facts don't support your claim, the truth is the top 20% of tax payers are ... more
- Robyn on Sculpture revealed for Sydney CBD Could be a shapely woman more
- Norman Hanscombe on McClymont: He who must be Obeid As someone who began working on ALP Polling Booths over 70 years ago, it's sad that we need journalists like Kate McClymont ... more
Warnings over carbon tax pamphlets
The Coalition has sent posters to 7,000 retailers in marginal Labor seats that apologise for rising costs under the carbon tax. Stuart Bocking on warnings those who make false claims they face heavy fines.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Peter, get of the Labor Losing Train you Lazy Bum.Peter B Monday 2 July, 2012 - 10:57 AM
@ Another Proud Aussie Loathing Juliar Liebor
To answer your question, we lack a Leader, Oh for another Ghandi!Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 3:07 AM
Did anyone see Christopher Pyne leader of opposition business in parliament squirm when asked about the coaltion's Direct Action policy regarding price on carbon. He passed the buck pretending he did not have enough details on it. This matter was discussed in parliament and this lazy bum said he did not know enough about his own policy. Turned out Craig Emerson knew more about the coalition policy than their own parliament leader. I don't care what positions MPs of various persuasions take but they must be held to account if they are not doing their job. This is the problem with the Liberal Party. They actively discourage their people from thinking and tell everyone to blindly toe the party line which is why we see such incompetent people as Abbott, Bishop, Morrison, Hockey and Rob. The should start looking for some fresh faces.Peter Saturday 30 June, 2012 - 1:01 AM
There should be more than just a poster about this disgusting scam carbon tax.
People should be screaming down these deceivers of the disgusting Labor Party in the street & calling for their resignation.
Why are we just copping it?
What is wrong with everyone?
This Union Run Labor Party is NO better than loan sharks, the mafia, extortionists!
Juliar our arrogant delusional, dictatorial pathological compulsive lying Prime Sinister implemented the fraudulent Carbon Dioxide SCAM Tax by manipulating, conniving, deceitful, plotting and scheming and EVERY Australian should not only be contacting the ACCC to make their objections, we should be calling for EVERY single Labor MPs sacking.
The fraudulent carbon dioxide scam tax being propagated by this rotten Union Run Socialist LIEbor Govt with their absurd witch doctor claims to reduce temperatures, lower emissions, reduce ocean levels crap.
LIEbor CANNOT control the weather.
Unscientific, biased, Govt funded alarmist propaganda is absolute garbage.
This is ALL a disgusting HOAX.
Another tax grab by this deceitful LIEbor Govt & then compensate by bribes to a few.
How much MORE will this country go into debt by this disgusting scam?
The tax is designed to deliberately increase ALL costs of living, so the Labor Govt is kidding itself if it thinks businesses that have been affected are not going to increase prices to cover their costs.
Labor NEVER get anything right and the Carbon SCAM Tax costs to everyone will be the same balls up.
It is a bad tax that is based on fraudulent biased unscientific Govt funded propaganda that will cripple our nation.
Shut the hell up Juliar, pack your bags, announce an election and RACK OFF!
Get OUT LIEbor, the people want an election!Another Proud Aussie Loathing Juliar Liebor Wednesday 27 June, 2012 - 9:41 PM
@ Cate. B., the shouldn't be fined they should be certified as insane and committed to an institution until I say they can come out!Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Wednesday 27 June, 2012 - 8:01 PM
Watch the price of Tap Beer go though the roof after 1st July, The coolant used at the taphead is going up approx 400% and just to replace it after any major leakage or fault will be enough to put most Pubs or Small Clubs out of business!Peter Wednesday 27 June, 2012 - 1:46 PM