- Making TV soapies in a war zone?
- Buy local: vote with your wallet
- Tony Abbott surges in the polls
- Time to simplify school curriculum?
- Brain Injury: end full contact sports?
- Whisper: two state ministers to go?
- Fast Ed's Rhubarb Custard Tart
- Would you be frozen for rebirth later?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
Weekend Sports Today on 2UE 954
FATTY AND GIBBSY ON 2UE 954 & 4BC 1116
Weekend Sports Today to begin on 9 March 2013
Weekend Radio in Sydney and Brisbane will be turned on its head next month with the launch of a new sports show to be hosted by Paul "Fatty" Vautin and John Gibbs.
The show will be broadcast on 2UE 954, 4BC 1116 and on selected regional stations across the country.
The program will feature a wide range of sports including: Rugby League, Rugby Union, AFL, Soccer, Motorsport, Golf, Tennis and much more.
Fatty said he jumped at the chance to work with Gibbsy on a weekend sports show with a twist.
"What we're launching here is a Radio revolution,” Fatty said.
"It's not your typical sports show that only concentrates on one sport - it is a kaleidoscope of all sports,”
Gibbsy said he was looking forward to co-hosting a fresh and different kind of sports show.
"We'll be bringing listeners a show that combines live sports scores with expert analysis, entertaining commentary and talkback with listeners – it’s a great formula,” he said.
Radio 2UE 954 General Manager, Chris Parker, said the combination of Paul Vautin and John Gibbs would provide the right mix of entertainment, sport information and talkback.
“Weekend Sports Today is going to be a genuine point of difference for listeners,” Mr Parker said.
“Sports fans in Sydney and Brisbane have wanted a program like this for a long time and with Fatty and Gibbsy hosting their own show – we have the perfect pairing.
“Fatty and Gibbsy are best mates and that chemistry will no doubt come across on air.
“Weekend Sports Today will move away from play by play descriptions – allowing fans the opportunity to interact with the experts while various games are on.
“They’ll provide live score information and analysis during games wherever applicable – rather than having to wait to take calls until after a game has finished.
“They’ll also be able to draw on the extensive resources of Fairfax Media to cover sports stories and issues across Australia and the World.
“We are changing the mould of how sport is traditionally covered on talkback radio in Australia,” Mr Parker said.
Radio 4BC 116 General Manager, David McDonald, said he was excited to have Fatty and Gibbsy on board.
“Fatty is one of the best broadcasters in the business. He brings years of broadcasting experience, an outstanding knowledge of sport and a larrikin sense of humour to this exciting new concept.
“Joining forces with Gibbsy for eight hours over a weekend guarantees a roller coaster ride for listeners,” Mr McDonald said.
Weekend Sports Today will air for the first time at 2pm on Saturday 9 March.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter