- Mike Baird now 44th NSW Premier
- Gary O'Callaghan on Talk Back Radio
- If those were my kids, I'd...
- Barry O'Farrell takes to Twitter
- Have you met the royal couple?
- Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks?
- Looking back on O’Farrell the man
- Mike Baird set to become Premier
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alan J on Mike Baird set to become Premier Barry appeared spooked? Why did he panic? more
- Tangled Web on No alternative but for Barry to resign? @Shaun...Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever ... more
- Harry on Would you like us to be a republic? @adriano you sound a little confused, don't let the facts get in your way. The IMF have directed bankrupt England to print ... more
- Tangled Web on Mike Baird set to become Premier Look we can all have memory lapses. However, in this Barry O'Farrell case, Mr. O'Farrell categorically denied ever receiving ... more
- adriano on Would you like us to be a republic? Harry is the most popular uk name mohammed is only number 19.Also steve you are wrong about the UK economy.It will rise by ... more
- David on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Barry did the right thing to resign, but given the timing of the events surrounding the bottle delivery, anyone could have ... more
- davo on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Of course they like australia .WE HAVE FOOTED THE BILL for their trip! more
- Samuel J on Barry O’Farrell resigns as Premier I believe O'Farrell had a genuine memory lapse! And his ambushing by Watson SC of ICAC has not proven corruption either on ... more
- Shaun on No alternative but for Barry to resign? Premier O'Farrel deserves a second chance. Why don't we bring him back? more
- Robert on Have you lost faith in politicians? Lost faith?! Are you joking?!I stopped voting years ago. I hand in informal votes.Once you find out about the new world ... more
- Robert on Would you like us to be a republic? A Republic yes but DONT change the flag. more
- Tangled Web on Was bank 'glitch' due to Heartbleed? Apparently our movers & shakers want a cashless society? What happens when the whole system crashes? It would be chaotic ... more
- Cleangirl on Would you like us to be a republic? Can ANYONE name a Republic or republic model better than what we have ? Do we choose from any of the African models ? or ... more
- Angela Coombes on Have you lost faith in politicians? Well this Robertson joker has not got the credentials to give advice - given the record of his utterly failed, absolutely ... more
- Julie on Pension age to be lifted to 70? The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Julie on PM Tony Abbott with Justin Smith The Government will get a massive backlash from loyal Liberals like me, if they touch the age pension. I feel angry and ... more
- Angela Coombes on Keneally on O’Farrell resignation @Jaydee you are 1000% correct. However, I believe in the case of O'Farrell he would have received gifts on his appointment ... more
- Athol on No alternative but for Barry to resign? I can see little old wine drinker Barry, being gifted a very lucrative cushy job aboard Tony Abbott's hasty new airport ... more
- Konrad H. on Have you lost faith in politicians? Iffy Barry O'Farrell is apparently no good, however iffy John Robertson is arguably even worse. Hypocrite Robertson is ... more
- Sam on Royal family’s affection for Australia? Affection for Australia? How nice! But I hope they don't have that very same affection that they were supposed to have for ... more
Weekend Sports Today on 2UE 954
FATTY AND GIBBSY ON 2UE 954 & 4BC 1116
Weekend Sports Today to begin on 9 March 2013
Weekend Radio in Sydney and Brisbane will be turned on its head next month with the launch of a new sports show to be hosted by Paul "Fatty" Vautin and John Gibbs.
The show will be broadcast on 2UE 954, 4BC 1116 and on selected regional stations across the country.
The program will feature a wide range of sports including: Rugby League, Rugby Union, AFL, Soccer, Motorsport, Golf, Tennis and much more.
Fatty said he jumped at the chance to work with Gibbsy on a weekend sports show with a twist.
"What we're launching here is a Radio revolution,” Fatty said.
"It's not your typical sports show that only concentrates on one sport - it is a kaleidoscope of all sports,”
Gibbsy said he was looking forward to co-hosting a fresh and different kind of sports show.
"We'll be bringing listeners a show that combines live sports scores with expert analysis, entertaining commentary and talkback with listeners – it’s a great formula,” he said.
Radio 2UE 954 General Manager, Chris Parker, said the combination of Paul Vautin and John Gibbs would provide the right mix of entertainment, sport information and talkback.
“Weekend Sports Today is going to be a genuine point of difference for listeners,” Mr Parker said.
“Sports fans in Sydney and Brisbane have wanted a program like this for a long time and with Fatty and Gibbsy hosting their own show – we have the perfect pairing.
“Fatty and Gibbsy are best mates and that chemistry will no doubt come across on air.
“Weekend Sports Today will move away from play by play descriptions – allowing fans the opportunity to interact with the experts while various games are on.
“They’ll provide live score information and analysis during games wherever applicable – rather than having to wait to take calls until after a game has finished.
“They’ll also be able to draw on the extensive resources of Fairfax Media to cover sports stories and issues across Australia and the World.
“We are changing the mould of how sport is traditionally covered on talkback radio in Australia,” Mr Parker said.
Radio 4BC 116 General Manager, David McDonald, said he was excited to have Fatty and Gibbsy on board.
“Fatty is one of the best broadcasters in the business. He brings years of broadcasting experience, an outstanding knowledge of sport and a larrikin sense of humour to this exciting new concept.
“Joining forces with Gibbsy for eight hours over a weekend guarantees a roller coaster ride for listeners,” Mr McDonald said.
Weekend Sports Today will air for the first time at 2pm on Saturday 9 March.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter