- Koala saved using CPR
- Your cash just a fingertip scan away?
- Mitchell on Shorten rape allegations
- Bill Shorten reveals rape allegations
- Justin Smith's Ice Bucket Challenge
- Drivers just drones behind the wheel
- Muslim leaders anti-terror law anger
- Should we scrap school homework?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Keith A Tudor on Crisis over Palmer China comments Both Palmer and his side-kick Jaquie Lambie are utterly rank incompetent damned fools and totally unfit to be in our ... more
- PRINCE JOE HOKEY on Clive Palmer drops another clanger All honest people would have to agree with Clive Palmer's rather frank, but blunt opinion and know where Clive is coming ... more
- Anthony on Clive Palmer drops another clanger Way to go Clive. I moved to Australia 8 years ago and was shocked to see Australia owns nothing! You've sold your country to ... more
- molly on Clive Palmer drops another clanger watch out Clive the anti-free speech people will get you. If china want Australia they will have to fight Islam for it. ... more
- Ben on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Why does this even make the news?Get over it. I have been rejected for age, looks, prejudice and who knows what other ... more
- Angela Coombes on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? The coffee shop owner has a right to hire an employee whom he or she feels will fit in with the business. It is no different ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? I don't think the clown Baird realises he has a State election on in about March 2015. Is he running his candidates for ... more
- Angela Coombes on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping How utterly foolhardy of this Baird joker not nominating candidates. He could have come up with two outstanding liberal ... more
- SLOPPY JOE-CANBERRA on By-election: Liberals avoid thumping What a shocking state of affairs with so many bad, self-serving politicians about...allegedly there to manage the nation? ... more
- Cleangirl on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? and how many government departments seem to be made up predominantly with a single foreign race ? more
- paulo on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? This cafe owner will be shamed into learning a lesson that racism is not accepted here! more
- Bruce on Racism still rife in parts of Sydney? Leave the coffee shop owner alone its hard enough making a living in the hospitality industry without have to deal with a ... more
- Angela Coombes on Liberals run scared in by elections? It is gutless on the part of the liberal party. Why not field new candidates and market their integrity - assuming they have ... more
- barry on Hockey backlash on poor comments Well we now see the true colours of adopted name JOE HOCKEY,has no idea of the working class struggles,indicated by his ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? Maybe we should put more bible bashers in Parliament to help root out the corrupt thugs in all the failed political parties ... more
- Samuel J on Spike in ice use across Sydney Just how do the ingredients for these drugs get out to this poor stupid forlorn drug affected knuckleheads! I am inclined to ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Hockey backlash on poor comments Like the fool Wayne Swan, this Hockey joker is well past his 'Use-By" date indeed! I suggest put someone in his job who ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Who will ever trust an MP again? All it will mean is more hung parliaments full of even more shonks, dunces, fools and clowns collectively bleeding us ... more
- Craig on Hockey backlash on poor comments These jokers born with silver spoons in their mouth, multi millionaires have NO idea.Poor people do drive most of us live ... more
- Cleangirl on Help, can you solve our traffic woes? Get pack cyclists off main roads during peak times. Surely they can do their hobby ride another time of day. and ask 4WD`s ... more
What about the self-funded retirees?
The pressure on the RBA is the soaring Aussie dollar, and as they dropped rates, the steam wasn't taken away. Stuart Bocking questions however the Treasurer on negative comments, and the forgotten self-funded retirees.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
There will be little Christmas cheer for pensioners, self-funded retirees and other older Australians living off their investments. John Stanley with Michael O’Neill, CEO of National Seniors Australia on the latest interest rates drop.
The Coalition claims the major banks aren't passing on the Reserve Bank's interest rate cut because they lack confidence in Labor's economic policy.
The so-called 'Big Four' have gone to ground since yesterday's quarter-percent reduction - which took official rates to emergency levels of three-percent.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says the banks reacted to cuts under the former Liberal government.
Young people are most worried about the economy and getting a job, with many heading to work just to help their family pay the bills. A Mission Australian survey shows the concerns of those aged 15 to 19.
Christmas party season and Stuart Bocking sought out details of road side testing for drivers over the limit. Not just those who have had too much to drink, but the tests being run for marijuana and amphetamines.
And you can bet your boots that this utterly deceitful Gillard minority incompetent 'government' is working on new taxes that will largely affect self funded retirees. Already interest rates and the carbon dioxide tax are punching into them, next death duties and capital gains tax on the sale of their family home. And so the utter rorting and rot goes on an on unabated.Jonathon L Benson Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 7:12 AM
Clearly Labor have absolutely no time for self-funded retirees, the very people who built this ONCE prosperous and ONCE moral and happy easy going nation. Socialist hypocrites, lying Labor obviously despise the hurting self-funded retirees.Ogden Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 11:46 AM