- GST future looms at election?
- Students using performance drugs?
- Tony Abbott's Budget 2013 reply
- The Stir: Alien or a deformed child?
- Sydney rail timetable changes ahead
- Help 'Save Our Sons'
- 2UE at Matthew Pearce Public School
- Lee Kernaghan: Flying with the King
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Robert on Packer picks Barangaroo design It looks frail, theres no sense of permanence and its a bit poofy. Basically, it looks crap. more
- CARMEN on Asylum seeker cost out of control? I fully agree with Bikinis not Burkas SOLUTION to this very unwelcome problem....IT MUST BE STOPPED AT ANY ... more
- WWW.ABORTIONTRUTH.COM on Thomson to contest as independent Mentored friend and confidant of JuLia Gillard and now a so called Independent Craig Thomson is loaded with "Labor values" ... more
- Sandra M on Thomson to contest as independent He's as good as a dozen damned vacancies this joker. I trust the court hearing of the long line of charges is not delayed ... more
- Mick on Pro-Palestinian rally & traffic gridlock I have to say Paul. You made yourself look ignorant by not even letting this bloke explain. I agree with what he said and ... more
- Peter on Labor handouts uncovered in Budget It's been found, everybody knows what it is going to be used for, Simple - Quarantine it till after the election. more
- Peter on Asylum seeker cost out of control? This subject will still be on the agenda for the foreseeable future until we get somebody with the BALLS to say enough is ... more
- paulo on Pro-Palestinian rally & traffic gridlock Israel has broken more UN resolutions than any other!The USA always vetos anything against Israel.So we should all be on the ... more
- Robert on Asylum seeker cost out of control? This problem lies squarely at the feet of the labour goons and their anti-Australian agenda. If they love 'asylum seekers' ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on 5G: download a movie in a second Faster on fiber optic and no distance restrictions and no peak volume problems! more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Is Australia a fair country? The Federal Government is unfair to us fair dinkum Aussies! Muslim Colonits first Aussies last! more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Asylum seeker cost out of control? Easy solution build a Refugee camp in the middle of Western Australia, provide food, water, tents and long drops, (the same ... more
- Terrence on Pro-Palestinian rally & traffic gridlock 70 years after Palestinians were so cruelly uprooted and dispossessed from their lands to create a country for the Zionists ... more
- Terrence on Asylum seeker cost out of control? Well, you have been saying these things for months now until you have exhausted all the superlatives. The only thing you ... more
- lyndal on Palmer party: is he really serious? He is such a goose, he tried to bribe the LNP and couldnt, so he picked up his bat and ball and went mad more
- Robert on Who are Sydney's worst drivers? Part of Sydney already on its way to third world status. No surprises there. Once again thanks for nothing to all the idiots ... more
- Egon on Abbott on 2UE as Gillard legislates Don't worry the tears she is showing are only crocodile tears and are part of the ceremony more
- Keith A Tudor on Abbott on 2UE as Gillard legislates Another well performed deceitful act Jul-liar Eileen Gillard. And don't feel any sympathy for yourself you damned fool ... more
- jim on Abbott on 2UE as Gillard legislates GILLARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!The two are incompatable more
- Franco on Palmer party: is he really serious? Morrison is worried Palmer may eat into Abutt's big business support base. more
What about the self-funded retirees?
The pressure on the RBA is the soaring Aussie dollar, and as they dropped rates, the steam wasn't taken away. Stuart Bocking questions however the Treasurer on negative comments, and the forgotten self-funded retirees.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
There will be little Christmas cheer for pensioners, self-funded retirees and other older Australians living off their investments. John Stanley with Michael O’Neill, CEO of National Seniors Australia on the latest interest rates drop.
The Coalition claims the major banks aren't passing on the Reserve Bank's interest rate cut because they lack confidence in Labor's economic policy.
The so-called 'Big Four' have gone to ground since yesterday's quarter-percent reduction - which took official rates to emergency levels of three-percent.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says the banks reacted to cuts under the former Liberal government.
Young people are most worried about the economy and getting a job, with many heading to work just to help their family pay the bills. A Mission Australian survey shows the concerns of those aged 15 to 19.
Christmas party season and Stuart Bocking sought out details of road side testing for drivers over the limit. Not just those who have had too much to drink, but the tests being run for marijuana and amphetamines.
And you can bet your boots that this utterly deceitful Gillard minority incompetent 'government' is working on new taxes that will largely affect self funded retirees. Already interest rates and the carbon dioxide tax are punching into them, next death duties and capital gains tax on the sale of their family home. And so the utter rorting and rot goes on an on unabated.Jonathon L Benson Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 7:12 AM
Clearly Labor have absolutely no time for self-funded retirees, the very people who built this ONCE prosperous and ONCE moral and happy easy going nation. Socialist hypocrites, lying Labor obviously despise the hurting self-funded retirees.Ogden Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 11:46 AM