- Qantas: should Alan Joyce resign?
- Our planet: are things getting better?
- Volunteers deserve our thanks!
- What do you love about Sydney?
- Weird things found in rental places?
- Facebook will be dead in 5 years?
- Secret recordings: are they legal?
- BOF: corruption threat to re-election?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
- Jonathon L Benson on ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy This, in my professional view, is the beginning of the end of the utterly hopeless O'Farrell government in NSW. Just ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? @Lis posting here - you are absolutely correct. I clearly recall a joker in the 1990's who was knocked back for entry into ... more
- Samuel J on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? @Craig - absolutely correct. The abject, disgraceful rotten mess that Gillard and Rudd the Dudd left the new Coalition ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? This reported outcome says a lot in regard to policies and practice pertaining to teacher selection, education, training and ... more
- James W on Aussie students are falling behind? A child's most important teacher/s are it's parents. more
- Jester4212 on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @Bikinis. Riding against the traffic is without a doubt the worst idea and will definitely contribute to more fatalities. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? Another fine mess Australian kids are in! more
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
- Peter on Aussie students are falling behind? Doesn't matter how much money you throw at the education system! The student will only be as good as the teacher,teaching ... more
- Jester4212 on Handbook for men on women? This book sounds disgustingly stereotypical for both sexes. I really don't think this lady has a clue. more
- peter on Paul Hogan our Aussie Icon thanks to this natural person I started to find out my rights as an Australian more
- Craig on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? Labor projected this "they" never budgeted this it was in forward estimates and they could not see what was happening next ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? During daylight hours cyclists should ride towards the oncoming traffic to see what is coming at them, they aren't even ... more
Which solution will stop smugglers?
Two more boats intercepted by Australian authorities, including one that called for help in Indonesian waters despite not being in trouble at all. Stuart Bocking asks what is the solution that will stop the smugglers.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The latest Newspoll shows voters blame both major parties for the political deadlock on the asylum-seeker deadlock. Stuart Bocking says Tony Abbott has also been stung with his lack of cooperation on the issue.
Who are the cowboys going to play with then, Robert?James W Friday 13 July, 2012 - 5:49 PM
Send back all the indians first to show them Australia is serious about the problem.Robert Thursday 12 July, 2012 - 9:02 PM
The best way to stop the boats is to get a government with a backbone, one that puts Australia and it's people first.One that will withdraw all aid to Indonesia until it holes up it's end of the bargain. Stop paying for services that are not delivered.Lomax Thursday 12 July, 2012 - 2:58 PM
Remove the incentives to come here. Turn up without documents you go back immediately, no permanent residency just TPV's, no access to our legal system, no welfare handouts, no family reunion and no onshore processing. Say you will tow the boats back and do it! Indonesia will soon get the message and close off their Airports to these people. All of the above should be sufficient to make them spend their $10,000 more wisely and save taxpayers billions. We can then spend our money on helping our homeless people, the disability scheme and many other deserving causes here in Australia.Susan Thursday 12 July, 2012 - 1:56 PM
A "Escape from New York" type of setup on Macquarie Island comes to mind!Peter Thursday 12 July, 2012 - 11:29 AM
Which solution will stop smugglers?
1) TP Visas
2) Camp in the middle of W.A. no need for a fence, you walk you die!
3) Tents the same as U.N. provides in Africa!
4) Minimal food provided.
5) Water provided.
6) No phone.
7) No access to our court system!
8) No welfare that is for Australians
9) If you don't provide varifiable identity you stay in the camp till you do.
10) When your home country is safe home you go no questions asked!Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Wednesday 11 July, 2012 - 9:26 PM