- Homelessness growing with women?
- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Which solution will stop smugglers?
Two more boats intercepted by Australian authorities, including one that called for help in Indonesian waters despite not being in trouble at all. Stuart Bocking asks what is the solution that will stop the smugglers.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
The latest Newspoll shows voters blame both major parties for the political deadlock on the asylum-seeker deadlock. Stuart Bocking says Tony Abbott has also been stung with his lack of cooperation on the issue.
Who are the cowboys going to play with then, Robert?James W Friday 13 July, 2012 - 5:49 PM
Send back all the indians first to show them Australia is serious about the problem.Robert Thursday 12 July, 2012 - 9:02 PM
The best way to stop the boats is to get a government with a backbone, one that puts Australia and it's people first.One that will withdraw all aid to Indonesia until it holes up it's end of the bargain. Stop paying for services that are not delivered.Lomax Thursday 12 July, 2012 - 2:58 PM
Remove the incentives to come here. Turn up without documents you go back immediately, no permanent residency just TPV's, no access to our legal system, no welfare handouts, no family reunion and no onshore processing. Say you will tow the boats back and do it! Indonesia will soon get the message and close off their Airports to these people. All of the above should be sufficient to make them spend their $10,000 more wisely and save taxpayers billions. We can then spend our money on helping our homeless people, the disability scheme and many other deserving causes here in Australia.Susan Thursday 12 July, 2012 - 1:56 PM
A "Escape from New York" type of setup on Macquarie Island comes to mind!Peter Thursday 12 July, 2012 - 11:29 AM
Which solution will stop smugglers?
1) TP Visas
2) Camp in the middle of W.A. no need for a fence, you walk you die!
3) Tents the same as U.N. provides in Africa!
4) Minimal food provided.
5) Water provided.
6) No phone.
7) No access to our court system!
8) No welfare that is for Australians
9) If you don't provide varifiable identity you stay in the camp till you do.
10) When your home country is safe home you go no questions asked!Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Wednesday 11 July, 2012 - 9:26 PM