- Time to help out Ebola regions?
- Too young for homework?
- Tributes flow for Gough Whitlam
- Accident hotspot: northern beaches
- The Whisper: burqa ban fuss
- The Whisper: burqa ban fuss
- Drivers not tested for cocaine use?
- Want to sing at the Opera House?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- THE WEATHER on Perfect storm strikes across Sydney Well its soaking wet and freezing cold, could it be man 'made global warming' in disguise? Without the big dry and the ... more
- Cleangirl on Apologise to a culture of complaint Apologise because someone may choose to take offence ? more
- Join the Q Society on Apologise to a culture of complaint Non offensive T Shirt should have the same wording but with the Islamic State Flag! more
- Patriot on Apologise to a culture of complaint Slick and pretentious Woolworths obviously lack charisma and they lack credibility too. Woolworths will lose even more ... more
- Tanya on Woolies pulls "offensive" singlets What a lot of utter BS, When the Greens don't like something you know its OK. When has the truth become "Totally ... more
- WHAT POLICE? on Sydney violence a generation thing? Excuses, excuses! Amazingly even with record police numbers, it is a struggle to find our invisible police force i.e. huge ... more
- Troy on Hillsong, more than just a church So tired of hearing from this woman anytime Hillsong is mentioned. She hasn't been there in well over a decade. She couldn't ... more
- Mr Creepy on Are 'fun police' banning everything? We have all seen it. A poodle mounts the leg of a bigger dog. The expression on the poodles face is a little amusing, a ... more
- Voluptuous Hypothesis on Sydney to bathe in blood moon? Just in time to watch the moon die. Blood moon exsanguinated. Eclipse reached totality. Here, north of Dallas, the moon ... more
- Cleangirl on Labor Party 'Headed for the rocks' Labor has to stop the Left-wing senseless rhetoric, and start looking out for the workers, their families and get some ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane It was reported that Islamic State agents are travelling in fours with false passports, posing as refugees to enter Europe! ... more
- Craig on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane Kobane will fall as Turkey will not allow the Kurdish fighters there to receive heavy weapons to repel the invaders.They ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Fear as ISIS set to take Kobane I thought that islam was a peaceful religion? more
- Steve on Fire danger ignored for burn off? I live in St. Ives and witnessed the extra firetrucks racing along Mona Vale road (under lights and sirens)to assist. ... more
- Rob on Fire danger ignored for burn off? This is so typical of the NSWRFS staff. Happy to get in front of the camera on an "out of control bushfire" but have no clue ... more
- Greg on A Fair Go For Seniors Forum With $40B as the estimated cost to pay all volunteer work across Australia each year, has anyone considered the impact of ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Call for calm in Islamic debate Realistically compare "islamic extremism" to so called "christian extremism"...got the picture yet. more
- Cate B. on Banning the burqa an overreaction? Come out to busy Merrylands Stockland Mall and see if you still want the burqa? more
- Annette 72 years of age on Banning the burqa an overreaction? i dont see what the Muslim community dosent understand we just want to see their faces .thats it . it terrifies me to walk ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Banning the burqa an overreaction? What about the BURQA-CLAD mother of seven who claimed she was the victim of mistaken identity, jailed for six months for ... more
Whitlam remembers the dismissal
Tim Shaw talks with Nicholas Whitlam, son of former PM Gough, on the 36th anniversary of The Dismissal. Nicholas gives an insider's view of what remains perhaps the greatest constitutional crisis in Australian history.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
A geat man in Australian politics - undoubtedly one of the all time greats! Probably a bit assertive rather than diplomatic, but he had his heart in the right place. His adversary Malcolm Fraser has moved so much closer to Gough's position over the years that one wonders whether the crisis could have been avoided if these two had the opportunity of sincere discussions. The country will always be indebted to Gough for Medicare, Superannuation and the ending of conscription.Terrence Monday 14 November, 2011 - 10:20 PM
Steve just do what every white person does. Molets kids then go shot women and children. You can even declare an official war to not get punished. Now do the country a favour and stop more liberals bringing in indians to take the jobs away.Chris Monday 14 November, 2011 - 2:37 PM
this is the man that opened the flood gates to let anyone come in to this once great country big mistake freekin weak leftists.Australia stinks because of him.steve Monday 14 November, 2011 - 1:58 PM
This now the 2nd greatest constitutional crisis in Australia the Rudd/Gillard governments have now taken over particularly Gillard. We remember well the reasons for the dismissal clearly and the dimissal was justified, we see more reasons today than those that existed in Whitlam's day that require this illegal government to be kicked out and the culprits bought to accoun legally.mick Monday 14 November, 2011 - 8:40 AM
How much worse was the Political situation then, than the current one !!!???
What started as a ILLEGITIMATE Government has now become a DICTATORSHIP, where a Nation's voice is being ignored & the public is being treated with utter contempt !!
Our G G owes the Australian Taxpayers an explanation as to why she is NOT ACTING on our behalf and at least call an election !!
Her support for this Useless & Harmfull Government is beyond any comprehension !!!sonja silic Sunday 13 November, 2011 - 6:56 PM
It is a pity we don't have Sir John Kerr as Governor General today. I am sure he would boot the worst minority rotten government in the history of Federation in this country - the Brown/Gillard/turncoat 'government' of wanton failure, breathtaking incompetence and jaw dropping stupidity in every damned thing it touches. Amen!Sam Sunday 13 November, 2011 - 7:35 AM