- Anzac Day: who do you remember?
- Royal tour: what it meant for us?
- Anzac Day: Lest We Forget
- Father hugs man who killed daughter
- Anzac Day two-up: where to play?
- Time for Charles to be King?
- Why are pensioners in the pinch?
- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Vivienne on Time for Charles to be King? Why is there this continual speculation about the queen "stepping down"? Would there be the same if she were a king instead? ... more
- Cleangirl on Time for Charles to be King? We all know Charles is a dill, the Queen should bypass him for William. more
- Tangled Web on Why are pensioners in the pinch? Well that blatant hypocrite, no "heavy lifting" for big Joe Hockey, him and Tony Abbott need to look in the mirror. Big Joe ... more
- Julie on Why are pensioners in the pinch? I heard a caller on radio today suggest that the blowout in Age Pensions is due to the increase in single age pensioners. ... more
- Greg O on Get set for a brutal budget? adriano. Back in about 2007 just before the financial crisis hit us a little and the Northern Hemisphere a lot, the rich ... more
- Bao Tran on Get set for a brutal budget? I think the government has it wrong with the medicare co-payment. Everyone should be entitled to "free" GP or emergency ... more
- Tony on Get set for a brutal budget? Better than spending what we don't have and burdening future generations with paying back Labor's drunken sailor policies! ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Get set for a brutal budget? I trust the budget of Hockey's will seriously address the utterly overstaffed Australian public service. It needs an axe ... more
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
Who wants to live forever?
Is the generation that will live forever on the way? John Stanley ponders the ability to check our DNA as a forewarning for medical conditions. Would you prefer to know? Will it expand the lifespan of our children?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Do DNA test kits bring more headaches than help? The boom in people taking DNA & genetic makeup tests has led to controversy about their commercial use. John Stanley on the curiosity over genetic makeup.
There are no more supplicant people on Earth than Australians. Australians have NEVER had an independent identity and they have never even popped their head up to say they demand it. Australians have NEVER challenged the will of the political parties in power and the progression as a result was always predictable. But it is not because we are a stoic people because what has happened to Australia would not be allowed by the people of England France Germany Thailand and many other nations that have proven to be stoic people of substance and courage. We cannot blame our inaction on limited knowledge because Africa has been the most under developed and exploited nation on Earth for centuries yet they still have the moral and intestinal fortitude to mount a defence and fight back. They have nothing and yet they never stop fighting. The same could be said for the English French Russian Irish Thai Chinese and just about the entire collective of human nations. Australia is the nation where cowards hide. There is no other nation on Earth where the population has continually accepted abuse without a response. The fact we have held guns and shot bullets while always being protected by the most powerful of the time does not make us brave warriors or proud and honourable people. It more often than not makes us cowards and fools and slaves. I love the land that I and my grandfathers and theirs and theirs all the way back to 1770 were raised in. The people that have evolved since make me sick. You make me sick. Win loose or draw I cant accommodate cowards and Australia is filled with supplicant cowards.The Supplicant Nationality of Nobodies Monday 7 January, 2013 - 6:39 PM