- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- Can you impersonate the PM?
- Get set for a brutal budget?
- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- Anzac Day: will it always be sacred?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: will it always be sacred? Sadly I can recall when Anzac Day was truly sacred, entirely unlike now. It was a full day public holiday, not a quick less ... more
- Ross H. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? @Bitter Kimber here fails to see that we are already taxed right up to the eyeballs now with more than enough to properly ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
Why need for automatic weapons?
President Barack Obama is under increasing pressure to tackle gun control in the United States. Tim Webster looks at the horror in the rural town of Newtown, and why we don't need automatic weapons.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
U.S. President Barack Obama has addressed a multi-denominational service in Newtown, Connecticut, the town where 26 people, 20 of them children were shot dead at the weekend.
A vigil is being held this afternoon at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, the scene of all but one of the killings by a 20 year old gunman.
The President has told the gathering, the entire nation is in mourning.
There are worldwide calls for gun control in the United States after the tragic Sandy Hook Elementary massacre which left 20 children & 6 teachers dead. John Stanley looks at just how relaxed the gun laws are.
News footage from the Sandy Hook massacre could invoke "vicarious trauma" in young people, parents urged to be mindful about their children's exposure. John Stanley on explaining the news to children.
I needed to thank you for this great read!! I certainly enjoyed
every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked to look at new things you post_fast loan Thursday 3 January, 2013 - 12:03 PM
@Emanuel Gloria - thankyou for your comments re my postings here. Much appreciated. It does worry me at times about the erosion of democracy in this country by the now defunct, useless Gillard minority government. She recently introduced some rubbish law to aim to stop people from speaking their minds in social media. It will not stop me rest assured.Thank you again for your courtesy.Samuel Kyrikos Thursday 20 December, 2012 - 9:32 PM
@Franco you fool. Don't you know that it was John Howard, then the real Prime Minister of Australia who implemented the outlawing of rifles and other weapons like the mental case used to kill 27 people including 20 young children at the kids' school in Newtown, Connecticut. Wake up to yourself you fool. You can be sued now under recent Gillard legislation that provides for new penalties for causing offence to people. And rest assured it may be done!!Saad Kyrikos Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 6:42 PM
Hi Tim, Merry Christmas, you look and sound great mate; Horribly if its not someone with automatic weapons shooting people to pieces, its someone blowing up innocent people somewhere, in restaurants, shopping malls, on trains or crashing jet airliners into New York skyscrapers and what about all the so called dirty nuclear bombs that could be circulating around the world, going off without warning at anytime, anywhere? What does all that tell you? Things are not good around the world, you just keep wondering whats next? Sadly todays new age, atheist, Godless politicians have completely let us down and are evidently not the solution but the cause of our evil woes, all so noticeable, even here in polarized, torn Australia. With Labor's..."New Australia". U.S. Muslim, Pro-Abortion, President Obama is simply unbelievable and a very big worry indeed and hypocrite Labor-Julia Gillard's role model, idol.Gordon Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 1:22 PM
@Samuel Kyrikos, thank you for your good honest comments here and throughout the year! God Bless You for your Truthfulness... AMEN.EMMANUEL GLORIA Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 12:48 PM
Life is dangerous - Ban Everything!Peter Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 10:36 AM