- Mandela: lessons we can all learn
- Why do we have tongue twisters?
- Health system needs a checkup?
- Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela
- Mandela was a giant, and a man!
- Nelson Mandela changed the era
- Sydney 500: Mark Skaife on 2UE
- Tributes flow for Nelson Mandela
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ahmed on Mandela: lessons we can all learn Never forget that Australia had a racist WHITE ONLY policy till 1973. In 1975 the Whitlam Government passed the Racial ... more
- STEVE on Mandela: lessons we can all learn south africa has a long journey to fight for economic justice.The government has been too complacent.However Mandela is a ... more
- ricky on Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela When he was in prison i protested outside south africa house in London.GREAT MAN.All politicians should learn from him.RIP ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Lingerie football: is it sexist? I may become a convert to league if my wife lets me!I'm not into watching men play with each other. more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? @ ahmed, are you are part of the misinformation society, haven't you been listening to the court reports on the radio about ... more
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
- Jonathon L Benson on ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy This, in my professional view, is the beginning of the end of the utterly hopeless O'Farrell government in NSW. Just ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? @Lis posting here - you are absolutely correct. I clearly recall a joker in the 1990's who was knocked back for entry into ... more
- Samuel J on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? @Craig - absolutely correct. The abject, disgraceful rotten mess that Gillard and Rudd the Dudd left the new Coalition ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? This reported outcome says a lot in regard to policies and practice pertaining to teacher selection, education, training and ... more
- James W on Aussie students are falling behind? A child's most important teacher/s are it's parents. more
- Jester4212 on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @Bikinis. Riding against the traffic is without a doubt the worst idea and will definitely contribute to more fatalities. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? Another fine mess Australian kids are in! more
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
Why need for automatic weapons?
President Barack Obama is under increasing pressure to tackle gun control in the United States. Tim Webster looks at the horror in the rural town of Newtown, and why we don't need automatic weapons.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
U.S. President Barack Obama has addressed a multi-denominational service in Newtown, Connecticut, the town where 26 people, 20 of them children were shot dead at the weekend.
A vigil is being held this afternoon at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, the scene of all but one of the killings by a 20 year old gunman.
The President has told the gathering, the entire nation is in mourning.
There are worldwide calls for gun control in the United States after the tragic Sandy Hook Elementary massacre which left 20 children & 6 teachers dead. John Stanley looks at just how relaxed the gun laws are.
News footage from the Sandy Hook massacre could invoke "vicarious trauma" in young people, parents urged to be mindful about their children's exposure. John Stanley on explaining the news to children.
I needed to thank you for this great read!! I certainly enjoyed
every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked to look at new things you post_fast loan Thursday 3 January, 2013 - 12:03 PM
@Emanuel Gloria - thankyou for your comments re my postings here. Much appreciated. It does worry me at times about the erosion of democracy in this country by the now defunct, useless Gillard minority government. She recently introduced some rubbish law to aim to stop people from speaking their minds in social media. It will not stop me rest assured.Thank you again for your courtesy.Samuel Kyrikos Thursday 20 December, 2012 - 9:32 PM
@Franco you fool. Don't you know that it was John Howard, then the real Prime Minister of Australia who implemented the outlawing of rifles and other weapons like the mental case used to kill 27 people including 20 young children at the kids' school in Newtown, Connecticut. Wake up to yourself you fool. You can be sued now under recent Gillard legislation that provides for new penalties for causing offence to people. And rest assured it may be done!!Saad Kyrikos Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 6:42 PM
Hi Tim, Merry Christmas, you look and sound great mate; Horribly if its not someone with automatic weapons shooting people to pieces, its someone blowing up innocent people somewhere, in restaurants, shopping malls, on trains or crashing jet airliners into New York skyscrapers and what about all the so called dirty nuclear bombs that could be circulating around the world, going off without warning at anytime, anywhere? What does all that tell you? Things are not good around the world, you just keep wondering whats next? Sadly todays new age, atheist, Godless politicians have completely let us down and are evidently not the solution but the cause of our evil woes, all so noticeable, even here in polarized, torn Australia. With Labor's..."New Australia". U.S. Muslim, Pro-Abortion, President Obama is simply unbelievable and a very big worry indeed and hypocrite Labor-Julia Gillard's role model, idol.Gordon Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 1:22 PM
@Samuel Kyrikos, thank you for your good honest comments here and throughout the year! God Bless You for your Truthfulness... AMEN.EMMANUEL GLORIA Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 12:48 PM
Life is dangerous - Ban Everything!Peter Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 10:36 AM