- Should we present our ID to vote?
- Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic
- Wicked musical returns to Sydney
- Drivers oblivious to their surrounds
- Man arrested in Melbourne raids
- Matt Moran on cooking for spring
- When to report a traffic bingle?
- Sydney's long hot fire season ahead
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- derbyiter on Tax: companies paying a fair share Well, that's the business end of TOWN,TAKEN CARE OF NOW !So, " WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO NOW DO THE SAME THING ON OUR FAT ... more
- The game changer on George Piggins: being too stubborn? South Sydney is a great part of a great city and a great state. South Sydney is a great football club. Unfortunately the ... more
- Keith Hanby on Price Hike: Reserve Our Gas It is about time the government of this country stuck up for this country anddo something to protect us,not other countrys. more
- James W on Tax: companies paying a fair share Us salary and wage earners are the plebs that will be footing the thick end of the repayment of stimulis debt whilst ... more
- GREED on Price Hike: Reserve Our Gas Prices used to be stable for over (10) ten years, now we are being gouged for nearly everything? Just because they can do ... more
- RATES ROADS & RUBBISH on North Sydney council suspension? Ditto inept, out of touch Holroyd Council, a bunch of losers looking for a green cause. The coming "amalgamation" will not ... more
- des polson on George Piggins: being too stubborn? Get off George's back. Has he not done enough for the club. We would not be talking about a 21st premiership if it was not ... more
- Gary Anderson on Ice devastating Sydney families The best way to tackle the ice problem is legalise marijuana, have very good education about oral cannabis use and ... more
- Ben on Landmark case on Free Range eggs I feel so sorry for all those poor chickens and I am disgusted that humans are such swines and think it is ok to do that to ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Lower the voting age to 16? For the best results, voting should be for mature, objective people only, who know how to critically think, the age should ... more
- Kevin on Gillard interview a tacky TV ad? Evidently Julia Gillard is a very troubled female of no substance and her darling Ray Martin hates the Australian flag? more
- Tejas on Testing 85c Bread - does it bounce? I didnt even know about that bounce test. But no surprise. Cheap is not always good. I wouldn't buy it. White bread is ... more
- Samuel J on Teen terror suspect had big plans? The ISIS and/or ISIL black rotten damned flag ought to be banned and anyone displaying it in Australia should be either ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Labor in lockstep over fighting ISIL We never learn by history do we? So why do we keep having ourselves on...fighting is in bred in these people, it has been ... more
- Cleangirl on Facing the unknowns in Middle East Ask Australian Moderates what if anything we should do to stop I.S. and then ask them what we should do with those returning ... more
- Join the Q Society on Climate: are we serious enough? I am still waiting for someone to out the mongrels that caused the climate change that produced the evil fossil fuels!The ... more
- Craig on Facing the unknowns in Middle East These actions are not about bringing peace.This war will go longer than any war in history and it has not even been declared ... more
- Craig on Climate: are we serious enough? No we are not serious enough, let's price electricity out the realm of everyone from the so called"middle" class down. ... more
- Vince on New terror laws to prohibit torture Torture sounds rather humane compared to what these bastards are dishing out overseas. more
- I propose new Middle East laws on Not in the name of religion 50 years of relentless vicious abuse is enough. I will not stand idly by and allow that abuse to destroy the next generation ... more
Why need for automatic weapons?
President Barack Obama is under increasing pressure to tackle gun control in the United States. Tim Webster looks at the horror in the rural town of Newtown, and why we don't need automatic weapons.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
U.S. President Barack Obama has addressed a multi-denominational service in Newtown, Connecticut, the town where 26 people, 20 of them children were shot dead at the weekend.
A vigil is being held this afternoon at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, the scene of all but one of the killings by a 20 year old gunman.
The President has told the gathering, the entire nation is in mourning.
There are worldwide calls for gun control in the United States after the tragic Sandy Hook Elementary massacre which left 20 children & 6 teachers dead. John Stanley looks at just how relaxed the gun laws are.
News footage from the Sandy Hook massacre could invoke "vicarious trauma" in young people, parents urged to be mindful about their children's exposure. John Stanley on explaining the news to children.
I needed to thank you for this great read!! I certainly enjoyed
every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked to look at new things you post_fast loan Thursday 3 January, 2013 - 12:03 PM
@Emanuel Gloria - thankyou for your comments re my postings here. Much appreciated. It does worry me at times about the erosion of democracy in this country by the now defunct, useless Gillard minority government. She recently introduced some rubbish law to aim to stop people from speaking their minds in social media. It will not stop me rest assured.Thank you again for your courtesy.Samuel Kyrikos Thursday 20 December, 2012 - 9:32 PM
@Franco you fool. Don't you know that it was John Howard, then the real Prime Minister of Australia who implemented the outlawing of rifles and other weapons like the mental case used to kill 27 people including 20 young children at the kids' school in Newtown, Connecticut. Wake up to yourself you fool. You can be sued now under recent Gillard legislation that provides for new penalties for causing offence to people. And rest assured it may be done!!Saad Kyrikos Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 6:42 PM
Hi Tim, Merry Christmas, you look and sound great mate; Horribly if its not someone with automatic weapons shooting people to pieces, its someone blowing up innocent people somewhere, in restaurants, shopping malls, on trains or crashing jet airliners into New York skyscrapers and what about all the so called dirty nuclear bombs that could be circulating around the world, going off without warning at anytime, anywhere? What does all that tell you? Things are not good around the world, you just keep wondering whats next? Sadly todays new age, atheist, Godless politicians have completely let us down and are evidently not the solution but the cause of our evil woes, all so noticeable, even here in polarized, torn Australia. With Labor's..."New Australia". U.S. Muslim, Pro-Abortion, President Obama is simply unbelievable and a very big worry indeed and hypocrite Labor-Julia Gillard's role model, idol.Gordon Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 1:22 PM
@Samuel Kyrikos, thank you for your good honest comments here and throughout the year! God Bless You for your Truthfulness... AMEN.EMMANUEL GLORIA Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 12:48 PM
Life is dangerous - Ban Everything!Peter Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 10:36 AM