- Was John Howard our best PM?
- Light rail to service Greater West
- Is terrorism behind missing plane?
- Will Crimea be engulfed in war?
- Why is Sydney so expensive?
- Leo Sayer: why he became an Aussie
- Bees buzzing all over Sydney's CBD?
- Ok to leave baby behind on holidays?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
Why not move to the bush?
Should the scheme to encourage Sydneysiders to make a tree or sea change be scrapped. Two Murrays question why fewer than 700 grants have given and what's stopping people moving to the bush.
The relocation grants were originally offered to those who sold their metropolitan home - which included Sydney, the Central Coast, Newcastle, Wollongong and the Blue Mountains - and bought an existing home in the country for up to $600,000.
However, in December last year the government was forced to extend the program because of lack of interest, and the grants were also offered to those who wanted to build their own homes.
Of the people who took up the grant, 210 moved not from Sydney, but from Newcastle, the Illawarra, Central Coast and Blue Mountains, the information obtained by the opposition showed.
The government had hoped 10,000 people would take up the grants over the four-year life of the program.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Apart from this, mothers ought to stick to various other conditions also. These include a high school level or maybe any comparable accreditation. The other vital prerequisites are a applicable ss #, a proof regarding United States citizenship, plus a sound reason. Housing grants for unmarried mothers are also available for single moms, and so they appear in various sorts. The essential necessity of your children is usually a house, and being a single mother you can reduce your burden of everyday expenditures via registering for a housing grant.Sara N. Bassham Sunday 10 June, 2012 - 1:10 AM
I live just outside of bowral fuel is more expensive,electricty,telephone are more expensive.If you need any goverment services unless you are in a regional centre you will have to travel.if get really sick heart attack etc you will be shipped to sydney.Cancer or any other pernicous disease you will have to go to sydney. Life in the country unfortunately between utilities banks are closing and state and federal goverments will treat you with contempt and disdain and basically ignore until surprise surprise election time then you will be conned and scammed once againjag Thursday 7 June, 2012 - 10:32 AM
Only thing that is stopping me is work. There needs to be a central place that you can look at what work is out there and what skills you need to do the jobs available.Angela Wednesday 6 June, 2012 - 11:03 PM