- Claims of retaliation in Sydney traffic
- Do we need seats for indigenous MPs
- Revealed: Operation Pendennis
- Overcoming fear in our suburbs
- Sydney's Favourite Teacher 2014
- Council sister city costs questioned
- 12 secrets to a happy marriage
- New phase in fight on terror
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- adam on Should we ban local ISIS flag sales? Justin, the extract below is from Christian News Minute (CNM) I hope it gives you pause for thought.The ISIS flag consists ... more
- The Devils Advocate on Too apathetic to make a change? Neil really wants to say the number plate is an antiemetic racial slur. He is prevented from saying that because he has ... more
- RAKESH ADUK on Too apathetic to make a change? Garry Linnell talks a lot of sense! Whenever I go overseas and see the beautiful Aussie flag, it immediately takes me back ... more
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
Why not move to the bush?
Should the scheme to encourage Sydneysiders to make a tree or sea change be scrapped. Two Murrays question why fewer than 700 grants have given and what's stopping people moving to the bush.
The relocation grants were originally offered to those who sold their metropolitan home - which included Sydney, the Central Coast, Newcastle, Wollongong and the Blue Mountains - and bought an existing home in the country for up to $600,000.
However, in December last year the government was forced to extend the program because of lack of interest, and the grants were also offered to those who wanted to build their own homes.
Of the people who took up the grant, 210 moved not from Sydney, but from Newcastle, the Illawarra, Central Coast and Blue Mountains, the information obtained by the opposition showed.
The government had hoped 10,000 people would take up the grants over the four-year life of the program.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Apart from this, mothers ought to stick to various other conditions also. These include a high school level or maybe any comparable accreditation. The other vital prerequisites are a applicable ss #, a proof regarding United States citizenship, plus a sound reason. Housing grants for unmarried mothers are also available for single moms, and so they appear in various sorts. The essential necessity of your children is usually a house, and being a single mother you can reduce your burden of everyday expenditures via registering for a housing grant.Sara N. Bassham Sunday 10 June, 2012 - 1:10 AM
I live just outside of bowral fuel is more expensive,electricty,telephone are more expensive.If you need any goverment services unless you are in a regional centre you will have to travel.if get really sick heart attack etc you will be shipped to sydney.Cancer or any other pernicous disease you will have to go to sydney. Life in the country unfortunately between utilities banks are closing and state and federal goverments will treat you with contempt and disdain and basically ignore until surprise surprise election time then you will be conned and scammed once againjag Thursday 7 June, 2012 - 10:32 AM
Only thing that is stopping me is work. There needs to be a central place that you can look at what work is out there and what skills you need to do the jobs available.Angela Wednesday 6 June, 2012 - 11:03 PM