- Mandela: lessons we can all learn
- Why do we have tongue twisters?
- Health system needs a checkup?
- Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela
- Mandela was a giant, and a man!
- Nelson Mandela changed the era
- Sydney 500: Mark Skaife on 2UE
- Tributes flow for Nelson Mandela
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ahmed on Mandela: lessons we can all learn Never forget that Australia had a racist WHITE ONLY policy till 1973. In 1975 the Whitlam Government passed the Racial ... more
- STEVE on Mandela: lessons we can all learn south africa has a long journey to fight for economic justice.The government has been too complacent.However Mandela is a ... more
- ricky on Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela When he was in prison i protested outside south africa house in London.GREAT MAN.All politicians should learn from him.RIP ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Lingerie football: is it sexist? I may become a convert to league if my wife lets me!I'm not into watching men play with each other. more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? @ ahmed, are you are part of the misinformation society, haven't you been listening to the court reports on the radio about ... more
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
- Jonathon L Benson on ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy This, in my professional view, is the beginning of the end of the utterly hopeless O'Farrell government in NSW. Just ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? @Lis posting here - you are absolutely correct. I clearly recall a joker in the 1990's who was knocked back for entry into ... more
- Samuel J on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? @Craig - absolutely correct. The abject, disgraceful rotten mess that Gillard and Rudd the Dudd left the new Coalition ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? This reported outcome says a lot in regard to policies and practice pertaining to teacher selection, education, training and ... more
- James W on Aussie students are falling behind? A child's most important teacher/s are it's parents. more
- Jester4212 on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @Bikinis. Riding against the traffic is without a doubt the worst idea and will definitely contribute to more fatalities. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? Another fine mess Australian kids are in! more
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
Why we love our democratic system
John Stanley has to eat humble pie as he looks at the recent involvement by the Upper House of Parliament in the WorkCover changes. Here's why having a mandate to govern may mean we still need a house of review.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Does "NEW WORLD ORDER" mean anything,if it doesnt i suggest read up and get an understanding.steve Monday 25 June, 2012 - 5:54 PM
Hahaha if there was any democracy there wouldnt be any multi-culturalism.
Democracy is a joke. There is no democracy. Even the worlds Elite have said we are in a post-democratic era.
Idiots!Robert Sunday 24 June, 2012 - 2:42 PM
John, O'Farrell's thumping majority allows him only to implement those policies he divulged to the electorate PRIOR to the election. It does NOT allow him to do anything he wants. Wiping out one side of politics to give the other a thumping majority, only creates a dictatorship and may turn out to be the biggest mistake the electorate makes, especially when the government effects YOU without telling you their intentions BEFORE the election!!Washington Irving Sunday 24 June, 2012 - 1:43 AM
John the bicameral system has become a sham over time because so many political allsorts refuse to engage with constituents! The voters are the only ones who can change that, by putting dead wood politicians in the street. Edward JamesEdward James Saturday 23 June, 2012 - 11:49 AM
John, just because you have a massive mandate that doesn't give you the right to dump on the plebs from a great height.Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Saturday 23 June, 2012 - 9:10 AM