- Father hugs man who killed daughter
- Anzac Day two-up: where to play?
- Time for Charles to be King?
- Why are pensioners in the pinch?
- Taxi driver anger at ridesharing app
- Can you impersonate the PM?
- Get set for a brutal budget?
- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tangled Web on Why are pensioners in the pinch? Well that blatant hypocrite, no "heavy lifting" for big Joe Hockey, him and Tony Abbott need to look in the mirror. Big Joe ... more
- Julie on Why are pensioners in the pinch? I heard a caller on radio today suggest that the blowout in Age Pensions is due to the increase in single age pensioners. ... more
- Greg O on Get set for a brutal budget? adriano. Back in about 2007 just before the financial crisis hit us a little and the Northern Hemisphere a lot, the rich ... more
- Bao Tran on Get set for a brutal budget? I think the government has it wrong with the medicare co-payment. Everyone should be entitled to "free" GP or emergency ... more
- Tony on Get set for a brutal budget? Better than spending what we don't have and burdening future generations with paying back Labor's drunken sailor policies! ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Get set for a brutal budget? I trust the budget of Hockey's will seriously address the utterly overstaffed Australian public service. It needs an axe ... more
- Tony on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Take a pill guys! this is a already funded purchase and is bi-partisan, granted these aircraft are pricy and have problems, ... more
- adriano on Get set for a brutal budget? Watch libs cut budget for the poor while the rich are spared. more
- adriano on 20 police officers charged this year Cops are whiter than white.How do they reflect more than 200 nationalities in Aus? more
- Samuel J on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? @ Tangled Web posting here - you are tangled alright. Utterly stupid comments you have made. Open your eyes and look at the ... more
- Greg O on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bill seems to be caught in the middle here. He knows what the Party wants but he has to try and present an image that will ... more
- Greg O on 20 police officers charged this year Only 20? Many years ago a young police officer was presenting a road safety lecture to the staff where I was working. One ... more
- Greg O on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? I can remember in my school days seeing Mustang, Meteor and Vampire fighters flying around. They were followed by the Sabre ... more
- Jonathon L Benson on 20 police officers charged this year Yes. It is one set of standards for them and another set of clear laws for us citizens. The management of police should be ... more
- Cleangirl on 20 police officers charged this year Standards are low, Tattoos, fatties, shorties, light weights and facial hair. The males aren`t much better. more
- Cleangirl on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? That's half what Indonesia spends, and we give them financial aid. more
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: will it always be sacred? Sadly I can recall when Anzac Day was truly sacred, entirely unlike now. It was a full day public holiday, not a quick less ... more
- Ross H. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? @Bitter Kimber here fails to see that we are already taxed right up to the eyeballs now with more than enough to properly ... more
Why we love our democratic system
John Stanley has to eat humble pie as he looks at the recent involvement by the Upper House of Parliament in the WorkCover changes. Here's why having a mandate to govern may mean we still need a house of review.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Does "NEW WORLD ORDER" mean anything,if it doesnt i suggest read up and get an understanding.steve Monday 25 June, 2012 - 5:54 PM
Hahaha if there was any democracy there wouldnt be any multi-culturalism.
Democracy is a joke. There is no democracy. Even the worlds Elite have said we are in a post-democratic era.
Idiots!Robert Sunday 24 June, 2012 - 2:42 PM
John, O'Farrell's thumping majority allows him only to implement those policies he divulged to the electorate PRIOR to the election. It does NOT allow him to do anything he wants. Wiping out one side of politics to give the other a thumping majority, only creates a dictatorship and may turn out to be the biggest mistake the electorate makes, especially when the government effects YOU without telling you their intentions BEFORE the election!!Washington Irving Sunday 24 June, 2012 - 1:43 AM
John the bicameral system has become a sham over time because so many political allsorts refuse to engage with constituents! The voters are the only ones who can change that, by putting dead wood politicians in the street. Edward JamesEdward James Saturday 23 June, 2012 - 11:49 AM
John, just because you have a massive mandate that doesn't give you the right to dump on the plebs from a great height.Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Saturday 23 June, 2012 - 9:10 AM