- Should we present our ID to vote?
- Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic
- Wicked musical returns to Sydney
- Drivers oblivious to their surrounds
- Man arrested in Melbourne raids
- Matt Moran on cooking for spring
- When to report a traffic bingle?
- Sydney's long hot fire season ahead
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- derbyiter on Tax: companies paying a fair share Well, that's the business end of TOWN,TAKEN CARE OF NOW !So, " WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO NOW DO THE SAME THING ON OUR FAT ... more
- The game changer on George Piggins: being too stubborn? South Sydney is a great part of a great city and a great state. South Sydney is a great football club. Unfortunately the ... more
- Keith Hanby on Price Hike: Reserve Our Gas It is about time the government of this country stuck up for this country anddo something to protect us,not other countrys. more
- James W on Tax: companies paying a fair share Us salary and wage earners are the plebs that will be footing the thick end of the repayment of stimulis debt whilst ... more
- GREED on Price Hike: Reserve Our Gas Prices used to be stable for over (10) ten years, now we are being gouged for nearly everything? Just because they can do ... more
- RATES ROADS & RUBBISH on North Sydney council suspension? Ditto inept, out of touch Holroyd Council, a bunch of losers looking for a green cause. The coming "amalgamation" will not ... more
- des polson on George Piggins: being too stubborn? Get off George's back. Has he not done enough for the club. We would not be talking about a 21st premiership if it was not ... more
- Gary Anderson on Ice devastating Sydney families The best way to tackle the ice problem is legalise marijuana, have very good education about oral cannabis use and ... more
- Ben on Landmark case on Free Range eggs I feel so sorry for all those poor chickens and I am disgusted that humans are such swines and think it is ok to do that to ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Lower the voting age to 16? For the best results, voting should be for mature, objective people only, who know how to critically think, the age should ... more
- Kevin on Gillard interview a tacky TV ad? Evidently Julia Gillard is a very troubled female of no substance and her darling Ray Martin hates the Australian flag? more
- Tejas on Testing 85c Bread - does it bounce? I didnt even know about that bounce test. But no surprise. Cheap is not always good. I wouldn't buy it. White bread is ... more
- Samuel J on Teen terror suspect had big plans? The ISIS and/or ISIL black rotten damned flag ought to be banned and anyone displaying it in Australia should be either ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Labor in lockstep over fighting ISIL We never learn by history do we? So why do we keep having ourselves on...fighting is in bred in these people, it has been ... more
- Cleangirl on Facing the unknowns in Middle East Ask Australian Moderates what if anything we should do to stop I.S. and then ask them what we should do with those returning ... more
- Join the Q Society on Climate: are we serious enough? I am still waiting for someone to out the mongrels that caused the climate change that produced the evil fossil fuels!The ... more
- Craig on Facing the unknowns in Middle East These actions are not about bringing peace.This war will go longer than any war in history and it has not even been declared ... more
- Craig on Climate: are we serious enough? No we are not serious enough, let's price electricity out the realm of everyone from the so called"middle" class down. ... more
- Vince on New terror laws to prohibit torture Torture sounds rather humane compared to what these bastards are dishing out overseas. more
- I propose new Middle East laws on Not in the name of religion 50 years of relentless vicious abuse is enough. I will not stand idly by and allow that abuse to destroy the next generation ... more
Why we love our democratic system
John Stanley has to eat humble pie as he looks at the recent involvement by the Upper House of Parliament in the WorkCover changes. Here's why having a mandate to govern may mean we still need a house of review.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Does "NEW WORLD ORDER" mean anything,if it doesnt i suggest read up and get an understanding.steve Monday 25 June, 2012 - 5:54 PM
Hahaha if there was any democracy there wouldnt be any multi-culturalism.
Democracy is a joke. There is no democracy. Even the worlds Elite have said we are in a post-democratic era.
Idiots!Robert Sunday 24 June, 2012 - 2:42 PM
John, O'Farrell's thumping majority allows him only to implement those policies he divulged to the electorate PRIOR to the election. It does NOT allow him to do anything he wants. Wiping out one side of politics to give the other a thumping majority, only creates a dictatorship and may turn out to be the biggest mistake the electorate makes, especially when the government effects YOU without telling you their intentions BEFORE the election!!Washington Irving Sunday 24 June, 2012 - 1:43 AM
John the bicameral system has become a sham over time because so many political allsorts refuse to engage with constituents! The voters are the only ones who can change that, by putting dead wood politicians in the street. Edward JamesEdward James Saturday 23 June, 2012 - 11:49 AM
John, just because you have a massive mandate that doesn't give you the right to dump on the plebs from a great height.Don't pay the Carbon Tax! Saturday 23 June, 2012 - 9:10 AM