- Working until age 70 unrealistic?
- Medical cannabis trials for NSW
- End credits for At The Movies
- Judging a magazine by its cover?
- Time to consider our independence?
- Sydney's new rapid transit trains
- Art Gallery of NSW sacks volunteers
- Sydney on steroids as CBD grows
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mike deegan on Pauline's advice to Jacqui Lambie if the press give Lambie a fair go she may one of the better senators in the 40 years more
- scott on Father's gift to save his son Thanks for these inspiring stories! Not everyone ends up being healthy enough or a good enough match to be able to be a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque Try carrying a radar detector in NSW and see what happens, that lowers their revenue base but carrying a death flag doesn't, ... more
- Tejas on Ban Fred Nile's 'Burqa Ban' BS? Of course every sane person should oppose it. He tried in 2010 and failed, he will fail again. This is what has engulfed the ... more
- Nobody can help those who dont help themselves on Lifting the terror security risk Cook and Columbus gave beads and trinkets in exchange for land and control. But you are much smarter than the poor ... more
- Iman on 3D printing: the future unlimited? Interesting, to get more benefits from 3D printing. more
- Keith A Tudor on PM again overseas: trip #11 @Tejas posting here.Well boo, hoo,hoo to you. Our PM was elected as a leader to undertake high level executive leadership ... more
- Samuel J on ISIS is 'evil and must be destroyed' @Gretta Frankie - absolutely agree. It was utterly disgusting the videos of these barbaric ISIS MONGRELS slitting throats of ... more
- Barry G on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque They better not wave that flag in my town ,it wont be nice. more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - great comment. And Madame Milne of the equally useless greens party thinks we can resolve all of this ISIS barbaric ... more
- Coasty on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Can anyone please explain to me the reason why Islamic leaders are so silent, so apathetic, so unwilling to stand up in the ... more
- Ben on How to beat the Opal Card system I do not understand why you are trying to encourage even MORE people to use public transport. Trains and busses have been ... more
- The scourge of Terrorism on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction Terrorism is always terrorism. It is never acceptable to commit an act of terrorism. It is never acceptable for ANY party to ... more
- Jonathon L Benson LLB on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque I blame this wishy washy government of nsw. They have the power to outlaw this barbaric flag but are scared of their shadows. more
- Craig on US expanding role in Middle East To get to the crux of this matter, it was US support for the so called rebels in Syria that has led to the creation of this ... more
- Angela Coombes on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque @Ross - absolutely correct. Our out of touch governments should legislate to declare the ownership, carriage, sale, flying ... more
- Cleangirl on "Zero tolerance" on ISIS flag auction As welcome as a KKK flag. more
- G, Robertson on Revenue rise in speed cameras Very selective use of words in this conversation. You have to look at where the newer camera locations are to bring this ... more
- molly on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque According to a study, 73% of all Moroccans and Turks in the Netherlands are of the opinion that those who go to Syria to ... more
- Ben on ISIS flag auctioned at Sydney mosque That is stupid.First of all it will be impossible to legally do and secondly it will only serve to make the flag more ... more
Will ad campaign deter boat people?
Boat people will be warned they may not be resettled in Australia with a new ad campaign. Brochures, posters and YouTube clips will be used to try and deter asylum seekers from dealing with people smugglers. But will it stop them?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Just how tough a situation faces the people of Syria? John Stanley has an incredible chat with Brian Moller, an Aussie nurse who has been working with Medicins Sans Frontierers in the 'secret hospital' in Syria.
Are we doing the right thing by staying in Afghanistan? With calls from MOs claiming the PM has blood on her hands, Peter Berner speaks with Clive Williams over the path ahead in the war torn country.
Will they stop making us an international embarrassment?Ian Bell Thursday 6 September, 2012 - 3:55 PM
Could a Government get more breathtakingly stupid than this.Ian Bell Thursday 6 September, 2012 - 3:54 PM
Instead of an election I think there should be a referendum asking whether Howard should be sent to Afghanistan alone to "stay the course" or Phony Abbott should go with him too. Perhaps Gillard could join them as well to "stay the course".Franco Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 8:22 PM
Yes the very anxious electorate can hardly wait for Juliar's 2013 election campaign slogans, like: "I will smash the people smugglers' model, I will stop the illegal boats coming, I will open off-shore processing on East Timor, there will be no carbon tax under the government I lead, I will stop the petrol companies price gouging and the supermarket grocery rip-offs" etc if you vote for me, Juliar. We have a very peculiar political process, when liar Juliar will get booted out in 2013 for wrecking Australia, then she still gets an extravagant lifetime prime minister's pension, plus plush office facilities and also many cushy highly paid jobs on company boards etc just because she was a dud Labor prime minister, meanwhile the rest of poor battling Australia is completely buggered-up because of Juliar's damage done. I predict Juliar will follow the lousy 2 bobs trail, Bob Hawke and Bob Carr to China, further selling out Australia with a lazy job too in the millionaires factory Macquarie Bank, just like that old bob car, for 30 pieces of silver. Well done to the "young & naive" red "crusader" liar Juliar!!Sean Blake Tuesday 4 September, 2012 - 7:46 PM
Australian politicians must get tough show a hardline approach,but these whinin bitchin cryin humanitarians are so weak,Australia is under attack why dont they understand.steve Monday 3 September, 2012 - 2:30 PM
True 'refugees' surely wouldn't have access to the Internet or a wad of money to pay some racketeer to bring them to our shores? Or is this just confirmation of what we all know but the Government and all the rest of the 'bleeding heart club' won't admit, and that is they are not genuine anything, let alone refugees! Brochures, Posters, how will that work, Australia Post? Typical of this useless Government, throw even more money away on yet another idiotic idea! For goodness sake, call an election and let the adults take charge!Susan Monday 3 September, 2012 - 11:23 AM