- Should we present our ID to vote?
- Terrorism: why we shouldn't panic
- Wicked musical returns to Sydney
- Drivers oblivious to their surrounds
- Man arrested in Melbourne raids
- Matt Moran on cooking for spring
- When to report a traffic bingle?
- Sydney's long hot fire season ahead
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- derbyiter on Tax: companies paying a fair share Well, that's the business end of TOWN,TAKEN CARE OF NOW !So, " WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO NOW DO THE SAME THING ON OUR FAT ... more
- The game changer on George Piggins: being too stubborn? South Sydney is a great part of a great city and a great state. South Sydney is a great football club. Unfortunately the ... more
- Keith Hanby on Price Hike: Reserve Our Gas It is about time the government of this country stuck up for this country anddo something to protect us,not other countrys. more
- James W on Tax: companies paying a fair share Us salary and wage earners are the plebs that will be footing the thick end of the repayment of stimulis debt whilst ... more
- GREED on Price Hike: Reserve Our Gas Prices used to be stable for over (10) ten years, now we are being gouged for nearly everything? Just because they can do ... more
- RATES ROADS & RUBBISH on North Sydney council suspension? Ditto inept, out of touch Holroyd Council, a bunch of losers looking for a green cause. The coming "amalgamation" will not ... more
- des polson on George Piggins: being too stubborn? Get off George's back. Has he not done enough for the club. We would not be talking about a 21st premiership if it was not ... more
- Gary Anderson on Ice devastating Sydney families The best way to tackle the ice problem is legalise marijuana, have very good education about oral cannabis use and ... more
- Ben on Landmark case on Free Range eggs I feel so sorry for all those poor chickens and I am disgusted that humans are such swines and think it is ok to do that to ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Lower the voting age to 16? For the best results, voting should be for mature, objective people only, who know how to critically think, the age should ... more
- Kevin on Gillard interview a tacky TV ad? Evidently Julia Gillard is a very troubled female of no substance and her darling Ray Martin hates the Australian flag? more
- Tejas on Testing 85c Bread - does it bounce? I didnt even know about that bounce test. But no surprise. Cheap is not always good. I wouldn't buy it. White bread is ... more
- Samuel J on Teen terror suspect had big plans? The ISIS and/or ISIL black rotten damned flag ought to be banned and anyone displaying it in Australia should be either ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Labor in lockstep over fighting ISIL We never learn by history do we? So why do we keep having ourselves on...fighting is in bred in these people, it has been ... more
- Cleangirl on Facing the unknowns in Middle East Ask Australian Moderates what if anything we should do to stop I.S. and then ask them what we should do with those returning ... more
- Join the Q Society on Climate: are we serious enough? I am still waiting for someone to out the mongrels that caused the climate change that produced the evil fossil fuels!The ... more
- Craig on Facing the unknowns in Middle East These actions are not about bringing peace.This war will go longer than any war in history and it has not even been declared ... more
- Craig on Climate: are we serious enough? No we are not serious enough, let's price electricity out the realm of everyone from the so called"middle" class down. ... more
- Vince on New terror laws to prohibit torture Torture sounds rather humane compared to what these bastards are dishing out overseas. more
- I propose new Middle East laws on Not in the name of religion 50 years of relentless vicious abuse is enough. I will not stand idly by and allow that abuse to destroy the next generation ... more
Will ad campaign deter boat people?
Boat people will be warned they may not be resettled in Australia with a new ad campaign. Brochures, posters and YouTube clips will be used to try and deter asylum seekers from dealing with people smugglers. But will it stop them?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Just how tough a situation faces the people of Syria? John Stanley has an incredible chat with Brian Moller, an Aussie nurse who has been working with Medicins Sans Frontierers in the 'secret hospital' in Syria.
Are we doing the right thing by staying in Afghanistan? With calls from MOs claiming the PM has blood on her hands, Peter Berner speaks with Clive Williams over the path ahead in the war torn country.
Will they stop making us an international embarrassment?Ian Bell Thursday 6 September, 2012 - 3:55 PM
Could a Government get more breathtakingly stupid than this.Ian Bell Thursday 6 September, 2012 - 3:54 PM
Instead of an election I think there should be a referendum asking whether Howard should be sent to Afghanistan alone to "stay the course" or Phony Abbott should go with him too. Perhaps Gillard could join them as well to "stay the course".Franco Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 8:22 PM
Yes the very anxious electorate can hardly wait for Juliar's 2013 election campaign slogans, like: "I will smash the people smugglers' model, I will stop the illegal boats coming, I will open off-shore processing on East Timor, there will be no carbon tax under the government I lead, I will stop the petrol companies price gouging and the supermarket grocery rip-offs" etc if you vote for me, Juliar. We have a very peculiar political process, when liar Juliar will get booted out in 2013 for wrecking Australia, then she still gets an extravagant lifetime prime minister's pension, plus plush office facilities and also many cushy highly paid jobs on company boards etc just because she was a dud Labor prime minister, meanwhile the rest of poor battling Australia is completely buggered-up because of Juliar's damage done. I predict Juliar will follow the lousy 2 bobs trail, Bob Hawke and Bob Carr to China, further selling out Australia with a lazy job too in the millionaires factory Macquarie Bank, just like that old bob car, for 30 pieces of silver. Well done to the "young & naive" red "crusader" liar Juliar!!Sean Blake Tuesday 4 September, 2012 - 7:46 PM
Australian politicians must get tough show a hardline approach,but these whinin bitchin cryin humanitarians are so weak,Australia is under attack why dont they understand.steve Monday 3 September, 2012 - 2:30 PM
True 'refugees' surely wouldn't have access to the Internet or a wad of money to pay some racketeer to bring them to our shores? Or is this just confirmation of what we all know but the Government and all the rest of the 'bleeding heart club' won't admit, and that is they are not genuine anything, let alone refugees! Brochures, Posters, how will that work, Australia Post? Typical of this useless Government, throw even more money away on yet another idiotic idea! For goodness sake, call an election and let the adults take charge!Susan Monday 3 September, 2012 - 11:23 AM